[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever watched a series/read a comic/etc because you bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
Have you ever watched a series/read a comic/etc because you bought a toy from it?

I impulse bought the Umaru Nendoroid before the show even aired because I thought it looked adorable and ended up watching the show because of it.
>>
I watched an episode of Sunred because I saw his figma and it looked interesting. Still haven't bought it though.
>>
Bought some Zakus and then watched the 0079 series of Gundam.
>>
>>5585542
I bought one of the Muv Luv figmas, then I watched the show.

I sold the figure.
>>
File: what.jpg (37 KB, 455x462) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
37 KB, 455x462
All the fucking time man, this is like 80% of my motivation to watch anime
>>
>>5585542
i really liked how evangelion revoltechs looked so i decided to watch the show, turns out i loved it
>>
Show By Rock. I don't normally like idols or music, but catgirls on the other hand...
>>
>>5585567
literally this, i ordered gouf & z'gok, watched the series while building. worth it!
>>
File: 614iE97g6pL._SL1143_.jpg (110 KB, 1000x1143) Image search: [Google]
614iE97g6pL._SL1143_.jpg
110 KB, 1000x1143
>>5585542
drossel, that's about it.
>>
I watched Fireball because I wanted to buy the Charming Drossel Figma but couldn't justify spending so much if I didn't at least like the series. Ended up getting it.

Started reading Spider-Man 2099 because I bought the recent Marvel Legends figure and thought the design was great.

Not exactly the same, but I've gotten into Mega Bloks' Halo figures and even though I haven't been into Halo in years I want to start playing them again.
>>
File: 158526-to-love-ru-yandere-momo.jpg (34 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
158526-to-love-ru-yandere-momo.jpg
34 KB, 1024x576
>>5585542
Love ru
>>
I bought the original Figma Strength because DFC and giant robot arms. Watched the Black Rock Shooter OVA a while afterwards. It was ok.
>>
>>5585542
>buying hamstershit
>watching hamstershit

thanks for killing anime familia
>>
>>5587221

>implying anime was ever not shit

Found the weeb
>>
>>5585542
>Have you ever
Yes OP, I have.
>>
>>5587221
Seems to be a pretty good source of food accessories.
>>
>>5585542
After watching the show, the Umaru Nendoroid seems like it would scale well with 1/12. Is this the case OP?
>>
>>5586975
Which 2099 series?
>>
Got the Revoltech Date Masamune and Sanada Yukimura in my early days of collecting since they looked cool and the white editions were cheap on HLJ. Until then I had intended to only collect the Gurren Lagann Revos, so these 2 were my first figures of characters I was unfamiliar with (though I watched the anime later, never played the games though).

Saw Drossel at a local convention and got her since she looked nice from images I saw on /toy/. That was early in my collecting days too and I had never considered the possibility of bootlegs, so I was lucky it was a legit Drossel.

Saw Nendo Umaru on Amiami, thought it was cute and read the manga before preordering it. I had stayed away from Nendos until then, so preordering a Nendo of a character I hadn't seen before was kind of a impulse purchase, but I'm happy with her.

I guess I had always considered getting a Miku Nendo since it seemed "obligatory", but I hadn't had an interest in Miku at all. Finally caved in and got HMO Miku after playing Project Mirai DX though.
>>
only Figmas/SHF I have from something I haven't watched/read/played are pretty much my "waifu" figures which I only bought because I liked the accessories or look of them
>>
>>5587263
Not OP but I have her too, shes a little too big, id say shes proportionate to NECA figures mostly.
>>
>>5586626
I did the same with charming Drossel. Ended up liking it even more after watching the show.

Also I read Dorohedoro after seeing pictures of the upcoming ThreeZero Caiman figure. Then I preordered it.
>>
Did the opposite
>watched MSG 79
>loved it
>ordered the RD RX and Char's Zaku
>finish the series well before they come in
>they finally arrive
>end up not that interested in them
>>
I started watching Gundam UC after buying an MG of Unicorn Gundam.
>>
Busou Shinkis. Got some because I loved the threads and then ended up watching the series (which in turn made me buy more).
>>
>>5587439
the cartoon is shit and you should feel bad. only true fans who knew about them when they were first on shelf stores can only know the true love for shinkies
>>
>>5587463
You must not be a very good masutah if that's what you think.
>>
>>5587537
I was there when the konami store closed in Roppongi, so I'm more of a true fan than you'll ever be. enjoy your reboot. who knows if it'll get a cartoon, seeing how busou shinki is all about the toys and actual physical interaction, something we will never see in our lifetime
>>
I actually did the reverse with Amy from Gargantia of the Verduous Planet. Always saw her for cheap on ebay and decided to watch before I bought so she wouldn't be like over half of my current collection in the ranks of "it looks cool, I'll buy and not watch the source material cause of adulthood.
>>
>>5587265
Started from the beginning of his original series and am still working through it.
>>
I'll often see something I like the design of, then I'll check out the source material and decide if it's worth it. I worry myself a lot, thinking I'm going to go into it and find any excuse to like the character enough to buy the figure, but usually I'm pretty objective about it.

Will NEVER buy anything without first liking the source material. That's a very dark path to go down.
>>
>>5587549
Why do trolls suck so much these days? Do people come to /toy/ to practice, or are other boards' trolls so bad at it too?
>>
File: image.gif (934 KB, 393x388) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
934 KB, 393x388
Well, less watched and more played. The CGs are just too cute not to pass up and the games pretty fun
>>
>>5587221
>not liking Umaru
Just kill yourself already.
>>
>>5587620
They're not trolling, /toy/fags are just genuinely autistic. It's why we collect toys.
>>
>>5586626
>>5587358
I never actually bought Dorcell, but I did watch Fireball because of the toy. By that point though, the toys were mostly too expensive, particularly given that the main figma was prone to breaking.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.