[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lightsabers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8
File: forcefx lightsabers.jpg (34 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
forcefx lightsabers.jpg
34 KB, 800x600
Show off all your lightsabers, Hasbro fx or other individual businesses. Just no cheap plastic toys.
>>
>>5576846
Whose saber is that on the far right? Windu?

Or is it fucking Mara Jade's idk enough about them
>>
File: marajade saber.jpg (235 KB, 662x497) Image search: [Google]
marajade saber.jpg
235 KB, 662x497
>>5576880
That's mace windu's lightsaber right there.
really nice. Mara jades looks like this pic.
>>
Which is the best brand? I've been considering buying a lightsaber for about a year.
>>
>>5576891
I would say definitely park sabers. They are the brightest, other than makoto sabers (who i don't trust). The cheapest one they have is the arc wave, at 225 Au dollars. They can take 10 -12 weeks to arrive. They don't have sounds. Still worth it, excellent detail on metal hilt.
>>
>>5576891

I don't have one yet but I've also been researching them. I have read nothing nothing but good stuff about Genesis Custom Sabers and Vader's Vault but they seem to be the most expensive options. There is also Saber Forge and Ultrasabers. I've a few negative things about Saber Forge's customer service/business practices but the products themselves seem to be fairly well regarded. Ultrasabers seems to be the lowest quality and have the lowest reputation.
>>
>>5576846

Anybody else have an ultrasaber?
>>
File: Jw1O3lv.jpg (38 KB, 675x900) Image search: [Google]
Jw1O3lv.jpg
38 KB, 675x900
>>5577275
Honestly Saberforge and Ultrasabers are fine. Yeah ultrasabers is the cheapest and lowest quality it still aint bad. Pic related, it's the one I got.
When I was researching sabers I found all this hate towards both companies, but I wasnt sure. So I started watching youtube reviews from regular shmucks like me. Everyone LOVED both companies and had nothing but praise. So I ended up getting a saber from both. Currently all I have is the ultrasabers one becuase saberforge takes a very long time to make it and ship it.
Also from what I can tell all the saberforge issues were years ago and the dude who runs it has really changed for the better. Though I can't say for sure I haven't had to deal with any issues personally.
Now if you're in the market for a replica of one from the movies and not a custom deal like I got, then those two places are NOT the way to go. I'd say go with Vader's Vault for that.

>>5577331
Hello.
>>
File: Saber.jpg (29 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Saber.jpg
29 KB, 720x960
>>5577331
I've got this dude
I've never really had a problem with ultrasabers, All of my immediate family have one, but I do want to try some others just for variety.
>>
>>5577346

Killer dude, we have the same blade type

>>5577356

What other saber sites are there? I know that saberforge exists but what of others?
>>
>>5577369
>>5577275
I feel obligated to share some info.

Here is a basic run down:

1. Ultrasabers
+cheapest sound options
+can by empty hilts, or stunt LED sabers with no sound
+Quickest turnaround of any company (1-2 weeks)
-large flashlight like hilts
-"big company" style customer service
-if you start adding options, price goes up FAST
-internals are hot glued and not clean
-Soundboard is not as capable as most others

2. Saberforge
+Some of the more intricate hilt designs outside of full customs
+can buy hilts,LED stunts with no sound
+Bright LEDs if 12watt
+makes the best dueling blades
+better RGBA sabers and sound boards compared to ultrasabers (Hero tier)
-no super cheap sound option
-history of poor customer service and douchy owner
-some sabers "go missing"
-worst soundboard on market with only one sound (champion tier)
-13 week wait time

3. Vader's Vault
+Brightest in hilt LEDs anywhere
+Most diverse and high quality sound card compared to ultrasabers and saberforge
+sturdy hilt construction with full electronic chassis
+made for dueling (combat class)
+no sharp edges
+best show blades
+best customer service
-lackluster hilt design outside of limited run sabers, which are hard to get a hold of before they sell out
-does not sell empty hilts, or just the LED and no sound
-14-16 week wait time

As far as the bashing of Ultrasabers and Saberforge goes, chances are, you won't have any real problems with them. Its just the quality freaks that will really try to shove Vaders Vault down your throat because, well, they are the best in general. I would be warry of the "lost orders" from saberforge though, hear about it a lot.

pic is the vaders vault limited run I snagged last minute. On week 6 so far.
>>
>>5578646
Maybe add 'random grab bag option' as a positive under ultra sabers? For someone who just wants to see how good these sabers are in general without committing to over $100 on a saber it's a decent option.
>>
File: 20160329_114317.jpg (206 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
20160329_114317.jpg
206 KB, 1600x1200
>>5578646
So far is mostly accurate.

I Bought my first from Ultrasaber. The Red blade with the Raven Hilt. Customized with the Red Button and basic sound.

The second was the grab bag, which you can choose a color (for additional cost of course).
Their customer service was pretty good, contacted me within a few days and were rather flexible.

I purchased another saber from saberforge.
>Bought the same day as the grab bag.
That was 10 weeks ago, no notifications or updates. I am waiting on an email back.

Sorry for the crappy pic with my phone
>>
>>5578861
yea i ordered a saber from saberforge almost 12 weeks ago now and I never got an update email from them or anything. I wasn't necessarily expecting one but it would have been nice to get some kind of update. I did have to change my address and they were pretty helpful this that.

I've heard nothing but good things about the quality of saberforge blades though. I've watched a bunch of reviews from different people and they all say that they blades are very bright and loud and the blades they use are extremely resilient even to the worst beating.
>>
Does anyone know if the Black Series Wave 3 Luke ROTJ saber is like the previous Force FX saber with the fat orange piece at the end of the saber that makes it look like shit because its not screen-accurate and looks bad like in pic-related.
>>
>>5580120
No idea, I would guess that it has not changed, because these hasbro sabers tend to no be very evolutionary with each new batch.
>>
File: 20150922_152451[1].jpg (672 KB, 1728x3400) Image search: [Google]
20150922_152451[1].jpg
672 KB, 1728x3400
>>5576846
>>
you might enjoy this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk
>>
>>5587140
I fuckin loved that.
Better than the movie he was in.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.