[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1/12 Dawn of Justice Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: batou_montage.jpg (181 KB, 1500x784) Image search: [Google]
batou_montage.jpg
181 KB, 1500x784
Hey /toy/

Saw the movie yesterday, and I really dig Batfleck;
Are these 3 all the choices for a 6" rendition of Dawn of Justice Bats?
- the multiverse obviously isn't in the same category of the other two, but how is he for his price?
- the mafex looks good, but I don't quite see the Affleck likeness, plus I don't want to buy him just for them to release a superior 2.0 version later with a Wayne portrait
- Mezco is almost perfect, but the V shape of the torso doesn't fit, and no Wayne portrait either...
What's your opinion /toy/?
>>
>Saw the movie yesterday,

It is really that bad as they say?
>>
just make a portrait
>>
File: VIRALZ.jpg (34 KB, 388x901) Image search: [Google]
VIRALZ.jpg
34 KB, 388x901
>>5569950
>Saw the movie yesterday, and I really dig Batfleck;

Hi viral marketing. Trying to desperately save a sinking ship?
>>
>>5569955
Lex Luthor pisses into a jar.
>>
>>5569950
Wait for the DX Mafex.
Mezco looks like shit, Multiverse is shit.
>>
>>5569959
he said he liked batfleck, that doesn't mean the movie you fucking tool
>>
>>5570302
God, I bet Mezco is in full panic mode now.

$75 for 1/12 niche gimmick figures depicting characters from a movie that is getting nothing but shit poured on it by everyone, and the god damned figures aren't even going to ship for 4 months minimum (probably longer considering how often they miss ship dates with One:12).

They really REALLY fucked up not releasing the toys before the movie came out and the hype was still there.
>>
>>5570331
That's not how the toy market works.

Despite the reception of the movie, Batfleck seems like a hit across the board, and cool figures ALWAYS sell, despite of the IP they're part of, AND this is BATMAN no less, it'll sell just fine.

Superman on the other hand, doesn't look as good as Bats. I'm thinking that's going on clearance.

>>5569950
OP, you should get the Mezco one, in my opinion, it's has perfect proportions, even better than the Hot Toys one, and they will most likely include a second head, idk if it'll be a portrait but who knows.

And don't worry about 2.0's on this one, JL is right around the corned, next year, if anything, we'll get a Batman from that movie instead of a 2.0 from BvS.
>>
>>5570331
Mezco will be fine, they've got classic Star Trek, DC and Marvel comic figures and Universal monsters to absorb any loss on the three BvS figures up for preorder.

Hot Toys on the other hand...

>Went full bore on 1/6 figures that won't be released for months after the movie's been and gone
>Already put a 1/6 $800 Batmobile up for preorder
>Just put three 1/1 (i.e. life-size) statues of Batman, Armoured Batman and Wonder Woman up for preorder at $8000 a piece

They are completely fucked. Shame this is the hill they chose to die on with 1/1 pieces, I expect to recoup the losses all we'll see from them for at least a year is more Iron Man and more Star Wars troopers.
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 900x900
>>5570577
>>
>>5570577
>imblying any /tv/ poorfag would buy HT

>>5570535
HT will be fine too, a lot of HT's fans buy figures based on the figure alone, not on the movie, how do you think Iron Man sold so much? Or even Transformers?
>>
>>5569959
Even people who hated the film liked Batfleck.
>>
>>5570618
That's good to hear. I preordered the mafex a few weeks ago since I like his look enough and wanted a 1/12 batman with a cloth cape. I was slightly worried that my only batman figure would be known as "that" batman.
>>
File: gl toys.jpg (107 KB, 618x436) Image search: [Google]
gl toys.jpg
107 KB, 618x436
>>5570431
>That's not how the toy market works.
>Despite the reception of the movie, Batfleck seems like a hit across the board, and cool figures ALWAYS sell, despite of the IP they're part of, AND this is BATMAN no less, it'll sell just fine.
>he really thinks the toy market works if a single figure from a wave sells out the entire thing is seen as good and not a giant bomb
enjoy your sea of pegwarmers and never seeing Batman
>>
File: 1321328.jpg (54 KB, 960x722) Image search: [Google]
1321328.jpg
54 KB, 960x722
The Hot Toys Batfleck was updated. It actually looks pretty good now, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>5569950

Got #2 preordered on HLJ.

It'll be my first Mafex.
>>
>>5570302

But they won't release a "DX" version unless the figure needs serious fixing like the previous Batman.

They haven't done 2.0s for any of their other figs as far as I know.
>>
>>5570577
You again?

For fucks sake leave already and kill yourself, pedoshit.
>>
File: 1448095804355.jpg (58 KB, 480x422) Image search: [Google]
1448095804355.jpg
58 KB, 480x422
>>5571039
>being so new you think Mezco 1:12 are sold on the shelf
>>
just came back from the movie expecting it to be shit and i was pleasantly surprised.
i desperately want a definitive batman figure, but im not sure if i should go for batfleck or wait until the movie hype dies down and go for a comic version
>>
>>5571154
Just get the MAFEX then.
>>
>>5570431
There's a complete lack of awareness in your post.

The Mezco figures aren't aimed at the general toy market. They aren't marketed to little Johnny in Tennessee roaming the aisles of Target with his mom on a saturday. They're aimed at collectors. And not just typical casual collectors, but seasoned and hardcore collectors. And seasoned and hardcore collectors, like most nerds, view things only in extremes when it comes to their hobby. There's going to be a shit ton of cancelled pre-orders now and all of the BvS One:12s will be pushed into discount. BvS lost all credibility with the nerd crowd because it failed on delivering the hype and now they'll feel spurned. Batfleck won't mean shit, and you're a fool if you think otherwise.
>>
>>5571172
>implying the license was bought seperately for each figure
>didn't read that guy talking about the Batman figure already selling and being a hit
Ignoring mass market crap, Mezco still takes a hit from Superman not selling. So at best, they'll break even... but we're talking about a series where it's getting nothing but grief on /co/. The nerd comic book board, that buys these figures. People like myself, who are avoiding buying movie crap because the movie looked like crap, who has bought Mezco's other figures.

So who's left to buy it? Casuals? The guys who don't go to comic book stores and other nerd palaces?
The weeaboos? They're pretty limited in only buying their favorite characters based only on movie designs because that's what the japanese companies make, thus no mezco.

Poor Mezco.
>>
>>5571264
/co/ isn't nerds that buy things anymore, they've been mostly /tv/ poorfags for like a year now.
>>
>>5571201
>And seasoned and hardcore collectors, like most nerds, view things only in extremes when it comes to their hobby
False and this shows how little time you've been collecting for.

The hardcore collectors are the weirdest thing, they will buy stuff from shitty movies just because they like the design of something.

Do you have ANY idea how successful the GI Joe and transformers lines have been? Of course you don't.
>>
>>5571039
>Green Lantern = Batman
Dumbass.
>>
>>5571334
>collection threads on /co/
>mostly trades, some toys, dvds, and games
>Local Comic Book Store threads has close to a hundred, if not more, posters every time
>threads about heroclix, etc
>many on /toy/ are from there
/co/ is pretty buyfag, especially when it comes to supporting their favorite comics.

I can see how you think they're /tv/ or whatever, considering the stupid movie fight threads.
>>
>>5571419
we'll see how the movie fares with casuals.

/co/ is in crisis right now, but casuals don't care, which is why Bayformers is huge.
But transformers is pretty unfair to compare BvS with, since Transformers is mainly aimed at kids and all TF media is pretty much shit anyway. So maybe casuals do give a shit about it being terrible.
Who knows.
>>
>>5571429
Wow, they have threads about Heroclix? I never see those.
But yeah it seems like buyfag threads and storytime threads are the only comic related threads we have these day.
>>
>>5569959

>shilling on 4chan
>shilling on /toy/
>fucking /toy/
Autism musy be rough
>>
>>5571437
But the kids aren't the ones buying the uber expensive 3zero transformers toys, or the GI Joe Hot Toys/Sideshow figure, it's the hardcore high end collectors, and they WILL buy Batman from BvS, you can bet on that.
>>
>>5571418
I'm 31 and have been consciously collecting since I was a pre-teen with Spawn. I think I know a little more than you, mister peewee anon and his impressive 2 years worth of figmas. Maybe when you actually have something beyond meme toys and a Smash Brothers line up you'll understand that real collectors don't collect the "weirdest" things if "weirdest" entails shit that lost all hype momentum and is going to be nothing but a black hole of rotting merchandise. I don't know anybody that proudly displays Batman Forever figures, and BvS is pretty much right at that level.

But you know what? This argument is moot, because the real thing that will prove either of us right will be where the Mezco BvS stuff goes as far as pricing after release. Since these are limited figures and Batman has such an incredible built in following of voracious fans, surely the BvS Batman will skyrocket like the MezBat variants. Right?
>>
File: 8~2.jpg (460 KB, 1456x2588) Image search: [Google]
8~2.jpg
460 KB, 1456x2588
I would go with Mafex OP, I have the DKR Mezco and is pretty good, but the Mezco BvS seems not so good, and honestly Mafex looks sexy as fuck

Pic related there is always that Mezcofaggot that claims if you dont think Mezco DKR is Jesus's second coming is because you dont own it
>>
>>5571463
Yeah, there will be people buying the Batman figure, but how many?
All the nerds on /co/? Lotta hate. That's the hardcore crowd right there.

Here on /toy/? Just check out our 20 posters with more than a couple of us saying we won't buy it, inspite of buying the other Mezco Batman.
Compare that to IM, Spider-Man, Deadpool, etc, which had far more posters. Hell, even the original Mezco One:12 Batman had more posters than this (50+).

Of course, the point was being made that Mezco is probably feeling pretty ill right now because of the movie getting so much negative attention and anyone should be worried when they paid so much for hte license to sell more than just batman.
>>
>>5571464
Not him but how much merch did Batman Forever actually get?
>>
>>5571477
>All the nerds on /co/? Lotta hate.
That's hard to measure, as /co/ is fickle as fuck. The /tv/ crowd bitching about the movie right now might not be the same crowd that buys figures.
>>
>>5571464
>nerds buy only things that might up their reputation
So, they are women.
>>
>>5571464
No, actually I've been collecting since the McFarlane days too.

Which is weird because then you should know HT-level fans will buy ANYTHING, unless you're still stuck on the hasbro garbarge that the $20-tier is nowadays.

There are no Batman Forever high-end HotToy-esque figures, if they were, people WOULD buy them.

Yes, screencap this post, BvSMezBats will be in the same after market price range as the other MezBats.

>>5571477
>Yeah, there will be people buying the Batman figure, but how many?
A LOT, in fact, the Mafex figures are still sold out on HLJ and AmiAmi I think.
>>
>>5570041
and calls it granny's sweet tea

Also he's campier than Hackman's Luthor and more sadistic than Heat's Joker.
The fuck was that.
>>
>>5571464
The amount of butthurt in your post only makes you look newer and newer.

(Though smash fags really are garbage.)
>>
File: coralines.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
coralines.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>5571479
There was quite a bit of Forever merch. Back in the 90s, Batman crap was probably the most popular shit in the stores.

>>5571575
Selling out to weeaboos means shit, especially for popular franchises. Nevermind the fact that you're only looking at a tiny sample. Lots of shit sells out at these online stores that get discounted hardcore in physical shops and that in the long run is what matters most, because no one wants to be stuck holding onto shit that you'll only sell for peanuts.

Of course, discounted shit that never sold goes for top dollars sometimes.

I think the deciding factor is whether the toy companies continue supporting the line. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc.

>>5571483
And yet, here we are, people from /co/ talking about these toys. I bought the Dark Knight and I'm not getting DoJ Batman. How about you?
Also, if you bother to shovel through the threads, you'll notice a lot of actual comic fans disliking stuff that's going on in the movies (branding, killing, man of murder, etc). Personally, I'm not bothered as long as the story is good or makes sense. It's another universe batman and they could be all different, just like in the comics.
>>
>>5570041
Well, as a passing "gag" I guess. It's used as a dramatic clue.
>>
File: IMG_3747.jpg (523 KB, 952x1574) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3747.jpg
523 KB, 952x1574
>>5571676
>I bought the Dark Knight and I'm not getting DoJ Batman

Same. Why get the overly-textured live-action knockoff of this design when you already have the original?

That said, I do wish they'd done the armoured Batman from the comics, I'm guessing there's much less chance of them doing that having already made the movie version.
>>
>>5569955
yes. batman (and alfred too) is the only redeeming feature.
>>
Mezco is actually making a 1/12 scale Batmobile for him too btw. It looked great!!!
>>
File: d0f.jpg (102 KB, 990x795) Image search: [Google]
d0f.jpg
102 KB, 990x795
>>
>>5571575
>Yes, screencap this post, BvSMezBats will be in the same after market price range as the other MezBats
You're a retard.

Screencap your post? For what end? So that I can have a taste of 4chan glory while I declare my victory over your random nobody post? You have a small mind if you think gloating over you when you're proven wrong will matter to me. When this thread dies I won't give a shit about you or what you've said, and it's sad that you wouldn't say the same about me.

These are just discussions about toys and it won't bum me out either way if BvS Mezco products go up or down in price. Maybe re-evaluate your ego and how it's tied into online discussions, you might end up living a more fulfilling life.

>>5571608
I've been on 4chan since desu, you and your summer crew don't get to make calls quite yet. But at least an oldfag like me can agree with newtrash like you that Smash is cancerous to this board. It seems like they're in every damned thread nowadays.
>>
>>5572005
Jesus Christ, this autism.
>>
glad I didn't buy the comic version, not a fan of the elongated rectangle head and the weird ears
>>
>>5571154
DX=/=2.0
Remember the ASM2 2.0?
Not that I think it will happen-- didn't Spidey get announced closer to the announcement of the original figure?
>>
>>5572060

I guess it depends, did Batman ever walk around with his suit on, but no cowl in the movie? Did he ever use much in the way of props other than what is already included?
>>
>>5572005
>you're proven wrong
But this won't happen, you'd know this if you knew how the demand works, but you don't. I don't care either I'm just memeing around, you obviously care a bit too much friend. Are you new or something? You seem a little on the edge.
>>
>>5571077
More pics?
That looks way better
>>
>>5572071
>Did he ever use much in the way of props other than what is already included?

Batfleck used quite a lot of stuff.
Batarangs, bat-brand, kryptonite grenade launcher, kryptonite spear, grapple gun, tracking dart sniper rifle, am I missing anything? That's a lot of shit to pack into a basic release.
>>
>>5572208
Only pic they released for some reason
>>
File: Revoltech-Batman-1_1268137540.jpg (45 KB, 500x335) Image search: [Google]
Revoltech-Batman-1_1268137540.jpg
45 KB, 500x335
>>5572185
Not him, but you don't know how demand works either, especially since you dont know how much demand there actually is.

All we know is that a bunch of nerds that buy these products are laughing and wooting over the movie being poorly reviewed, if not weren't into it long ago when the designs were first being shown off.

BTW, are there any Batman figures that are hard to get? Because i can easily find Mafex's and Figuart's for basically what they originally retailed in the US. Only the Revoltech went up, but that's 5 years old now.
>>
>>5572185
>I w-was just pretending when I said to screencap my post!
>I t-totally don't have a folder full of screencapped images of 4chan arguments I got into
>y-you believe me, right?
Holy crap dude, just stop, it's sad already. You don't need to make this any worse for yourself.

>>5572556
>BTW, are there any Batman figures that are hard to get?
Neca's (non-NES and non-1/4 scale) Keaton Batman has a little bit of a premium on it now, but it's not crazy expensive by most of our standards. Then again I own it and couldn't imagine paying more than the $20 or so it cost at TRU so maybe it should be categorized as "over-priced" on the secondary market at this point.

Or do you mean imports only?
>>
>>5571462
Go check out that Aliexpress thread that's been posted at least twice now with the exact same copy/pasted OP and tell me nobody shills on /toy/.
>>
>>5572817
To be fair there's a pretty good chance that's a troll.
>>
File: 1458871076035.jpg (109 KB, 960x722) Image search: [Google]
1458871076035.jpg
109 KB, 960x722
>>5571077
DONT LOOK AT HIS PENIS
>>
>>5572815
>Holy crap dude, just stop, it's sad already. You don't need to make this any worse for yourself.
Huh? cap it, don't cap it, I don't care, why are you this twitchy?

>>5572556
I don't know HOW MUCH demand there is, nobody can know that unless you work in the industry, but I can make an educated guess, and I'm sure the demand is pretty huge.

There aren't many Bat figures that are hard to get that are worth getting if that's what you mean.
>>
>>5573027
>but I can make an educated guess
By means of...? Pulling shit out of your ass and pretending it means something?
>>
File: XMO Deadpool.jpg (41 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
XMO Deadpool.jpg
41 KB, 500x300
>>5572815
>Or do you mean imports only?
Well, the guy keeps on mentioning the Mafex, and he keeps saying it'll be popular and its sold out, yet previous figures didn't and aren't hard to get for relatively cheap prices.

>>5573049
I'd probably accuse him of being some store owner and because his store has sold out of preorders, that means other ones do.
But yeah, it's likely straight out of his ass. From Mezco's announcement of DC figures, the ones that have generated most interest on /toy/ have been the normal DC and Marvel figures.
comic book figures > movie figures

But that's likely just /toy/'s bias, since most movie designs are looked down upon.

So all we really know is that the nerds who buy expensive figures on /co/ and /toy/ are mostly shitting on the movie stuff.
>>
>>5573049
>>5573190
By seeing how high-end shit from shitty IPs is consistently sold out.

Again, you'd know this if you had upgraded from the Hasbro-tier garbage the $20 price rage McFarlane used to be.

Do you guys live under a rock?
>>
>>5573190
Not him but, I'm pretty sure this Mezbats is gonna sell out just fine, the movie sucks but everyone keeps praising Batfleck.
>>
>>5573209
are you only talking about Hot Toys then?

As already pointed out, other less expensive toys for the other movies didn't sell out.

Geez, the joker doesn't even go for that much and amazon really doesn't price shit down for collector toys.
>>
>>5573213
But this isn't aimed at the less expensive audience. Tons of 1/6 collectors are getting into the ONE:12.

This is aimed at import guys and HT/SSC guys.

And that's the Joker, plus Mafex Joker is a shit figure, It sold out because it was announced slightly before the NECA one, everybody's after the NECA one.

>>5573212
Yup, everybody keeps saying how shit the movie is, like if collectors cared about that.

See how the Predator 2 line sold out just fine. With repaints and 2.0 versions and Ultimate versions on the way.
>>
>>5573221
>It sold out because it was announced slightly before the NECA one, everybody's after the NECA one.
You realize that's a 1/4 figure and made in far fewer quantities than normal collector lines, right? Even less than 1/6, which are made in fewer quantities than collector 1/10, 1/12, and nonscale Japanese figures.... which are made in fewer quantities than mass market toys.
Gotta wonder how many One:12 figures Mezco is making.

You haven't proven shit and all other Batman figures, EXCEPT for Mezco's Dark Knight (a specific comic figure), weren't selling out and are pretty cheap to get... unlike the BS you're claiming.

Also, i should note that Mezco's Dark Knight didn't sell out initially. Like with most direct market toys, it took almost a year for that to happen.
>>
>>5569955
I loved it. This and Star Wars have convinced me of how shitty anime is and now I need to reconsider my entire collection
>>
>>5573233
>You realize that's a 1/4 figure and made in far fewer quantities than normal collector lines, right?
>1/4
So you HAVE been living under a rock.

>Mezco's Dark Knight didn't sell out initially
Huh? It sold out within the hour, you really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

They re-stocked like 1 or 2 times more, which also sold out within hours after the went online, a couple of days tops.

>EXCEPT for Mezco's
Isn't that the point here, that Mezco's Bats gonna sell out just fine? That Mezco was in full panic mode?

No, Like I said, Batman will sell out just fine, Supes on the other hand, may be a pegwarmer for a while. But I think it's gonna sell out eventually too, since there are so few decent Supes figures.
>>
File: medmafex-17_8_1448324043.jpg (16 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
medmafex-17_8_1448324043.jpg
16 KB, 600x450
>>5572210

Comes with a fair amount imo.
>>
>>5569950
I ordered the Mafex. I like what it comes with for the price (which is still a LOT), and I'm not really willing to spend as much money on the Mezco figure for a version of the character I'd hardly consider as definitive anyway. Only way I can see myself getting the Mezco figure is for the novelty finally getting my first one and if I really really loved Batfleck, which I didn't, even though I thought he was decent.
>>
I heard batman calls cyborg a nigger. is this true?
>>
>>5573321
[spoiler]Yes.[/spoiler]
>>
>>5572970
penises dont work like that.

[spoiler]unless you have a tiny weiner [yougettheidea]
>>
>>5573237
>So you HAVE been living under a rock.
Nah, i just don't pay attention to something i thought i saw long ago as 1/4 and didn't care to buy.
>Huh? It sold out within the hour, you really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
In what microcosm do you live in? Mezco's Dark Knight was sold online and comic stores across the country for retail and below for almost a year before it sold out.
Do you only buy shit from a specific store and think they make up the entirety of everything? No wonder you think the shit you do.

>That Mezco was in full panic mode?
You're missing the point.
Look back on what was said
>$75 for 1/12 niche gimmick figures depicting characters from a movie that is getting nothing but shit poured on it by everyone, and the god damned figures
Multiple characters, including Superman. So even if Batman sold well, Mezco needs for Superman to sell too, because that's what they're in for.
But nope, someone had to claim Batmen always sell out, yet none did except for a comic figure, which leads to your retardedness pretending to know what's popular just because of the anthill you live on you think is the world.
>>
File: mafexBvS.jpg (130 KB, 1920x640) Image search: [Google]
mafexBvS.jpg
130 KB, 1920x640
>>5569950
I bought the regular Mafex Batfleck with accessories before the movie even came out. Seen the design and said yuuup, I need this.

I May also get the armoured version down the line.

God I love this new brutal Batman. That scene with Lex in the prison when all the lights went out, and Batman appears to brand him...

Terrifying.
>>
Hard to believe Figuarts hasn't revealed any B vs S figs yet but I could see it happening at SDCC. Iwould happily pick up an Armored Batman made by Figuarts \ Chogokin like they did for Hulkbuster Iron Man. Movie version Superman and Wonder Woman would be cool too.
>>
File: image.jpg (261 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261 KB, 1920x1280
>>5569950
Here's Mezco's Batmobile they're making. It could probably be used for the Mafex too.
>>
>>5575253
Want!!!!!!!!!!!

Mafex are around 6" I think, would it fit?
>>
>>5575228
Are these things in scale with Revoltech/figmas?
>>
>>5575282
As long as it's not Revol mini, then yes they should be in scale :)
>>
>>5575285
Sweet going to buddy him up with Big Boss
>>
File: _20160228_011427.jpg (1 MB, 2043x3264) Image search: [Google]
_20160228_011427.jpg
1 MB, 2043x3264
>>5575297
Same here haha

The Mafex joker is really good too.
>>
I can only imagine Heaths Joker and Afflecks Batman meeting.
>>
>>5575315
This looks like they're a couple posing for a photoshoot. Especially since Joker appears to be giving the camera his best sultry look and Big Boss is tilting his head towards him.
>>
>>5575362
Haha

Now that's all I see.
>>
>>5569955
I really liked it. Batman and Luthor are what I liked best.
>>
I'm going to sell my anime scales and buy all three Hot Toys. I loved this movie so much despite its flaws.
>>
I want every Mafex they are really growing on me
>>
>>5575886
>someone else who loved the movie
Thought I was the only one.

Really hoping they make more DCEU mafex, would like a Doomsday to go with the trinity.
>>
>>5576022
I feel like he wouldn't translate well into figure form, at least this version of him at least. It would look too hulk-esque
>>
>>5576031
>It would look too hulk-esque

I don't really understand. He looked pretty "hulk-esque" in the movie already.
>>
File: nightmare-batman-scene.png (2 MB, 1886x798) Image search: [Google]
nightmare-batman-scene.png
2 MB, 1886x798
Knightmare Batfleck is best Batfleck.
>>
>>5576039
He was. Hot toys are doing a knightmare Batman BTW!
>>
>>5576095

That thing is unbelievable, it just may be my first HT.
>>
File: 28032016014559.jpg (428 KB, 816x2515) Image search: [Google]
28032016014559.jpg
428 KB, 816x2515
What on earth are the "critics" talking about??

One of the reviews I've seen was called yawn of justice lol

I'm convinced all the critics are marvel employees or something haha.
>>
File: Batman-v-Superman.jpg (257 KB, 1600x876) Image search: [Google]
Batman-v-Superman.jpg
257 KB, 1600x876
>>5576100
I know, I'm a 6" kinda guy (figures) but I'm seriously considering getting one from HT the sculp is photo realistic
>>
File: knightmare28032016015359.jpg (1 MB, 6988x960) Image search: [Google]
knightmare28032016015359.jpg
1 MB, 6988x960
Some shots
>>
>>5576113
Anon, you don't just get one Hot Toy. I bought the Luke Skywalker a month ago and now I have 3 on preorder
>>
>>5576133
I swear just one, Senpai And I'll stop.

That's how it starts, the impulse buying, shortly followed by rage. The feeling of powerlessness that turns hobbyists, into collectors.
>>
>>5575104
>Nah I just don't pay attention
You really have no idea what you're talking about huh?

>In that microcosm
Are you really this retarded? In their website it sold out within hours, at retail and LCS it was hard as fuck to find after a couple days. You really don't have a clue do you?
>You're missing the point.
I'm not, you said Batman was gonna be a pegwarmer which is not only false, it's retarded to say.
>So even if Batman sold well
That's my whole point, you idiot, not if, Batman IS going to sell out, I DID say Superman could be a pegwarmer, but I doubt it.

The only Batmen that don't sell out are the $20 Mattel/DCC tier ones, all the imports sold out and are pretty expensive in the after market.

Wear a safety helmet.
>>
Anyone knows if Mafex is making a Knightmare Bats?

>>5575104
You're retarded.
>>
File: 2mo5x1y.jpg (63 KB, 1024x1023) Image search: [Google]
2mo5x1y.jpg
63 KB, 1024x1023
>>5576150
I wish, looks like HT is only decent chance for the Knightmare.
>>
File: IMG_20160327_135902.jpg (301 KB, 880x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_135902.jpg
301 KB, 880x1024
Seen these on twitter
>>
File: IMG_20160327_140004.jpg (218 KB, 737x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_140004.jpg
218 KB, 737x1024
>>
>>5576171
>Read Dark Knight Returns

The comic where Batman does not, in fact, kill anyone? I think whichever delusional fanboy/paid internet shill came up with this should heed their own advice. The same goes for reading Kingdom Come and Peace on Earth, both of which Snyder crudely plagiarised visual cues from, and both of which he missed the entire fucking point of.
>>
File: guitar solo with machine gun.gif (2 MB, 540x262) Image search: [Google]
guitar solo with machine gun.gif
2 MB, 540x262
>>5576039
>knightmare batman vs guitarman

>>5576149
>Are you really this retarded? In their website it sold out within hours, at retail and LCS it was hard as fuck to find after a couple days. You really don't have a clue do you?
LOLOL, it was up on fucking amazon into the summer and the third party retailers were still charging about MSRP for that time. Weren't you paying attention to /toy/ when it was the most recommended Batman until it started going for $90+?
Since we have an archive that has lasted more than a year, here's us talking about the Mezco website exclusive
https://fgts.jp/toy/thread/4853520/#4853629
>I think it sold out within like 3 weeks or less. From what I understand stores like Hastings has them at mark up
Here's an article about how it's still up for preorder http://www.battlegrip.com/mezcos-exclusive-one12-collective-batman-still-available/ into february
This was over a month after his release. FYI, i actually got the Mezco store exclusive from Mezco themselves at a convention in July.
More than a few booths had it for sale at $60-80
>you said Batman was gonna be a pegwarmer
Nope. This is what I said
>enjoy your sea of pegwarmers and never seeing Batman

>The only Batmen that don't sell out are the $20 Mattel/DCC tier ones, all the imports sold out
But that's false, since you can easily buy any Mafex and Figuarts Batman for MSRP or less.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=MAFEX
now it's time for oyu to move the goalpost
>>
>>5576133
HA!

I TOLD YOU SO!

(The only way out of this nightmare is death, or to get a job with a six-figure salary)
>>
>>5576133
This is why I go for Real Action Heroes. If I need more there's always some going for like $50 a few years after release.
>>
>>5576329
You definitely did. I honestly feel like selling off all of my anime scales as well. No anime has ever given me the feeling that capeshit gives me the first time I see it in a theater.

I'm a sophomore in college and I will definitely not be making a six figure salary upon graduation, so budgeting is going to be a must.
>>5576341
I have the RAH Anakin and the second I took him out of the packaging, his faux-leather vest started falling apart. That's what I get for buying a figure that's 7 years old.
>>
>>5576341
RAH are absolute shite for the most part, I wouldn't trust Medicom to build a flat pack shelf for me, let alone make an action figure.

>>5576360
I sold off a lot of my old figures after getting into Hot Toys. The only parallel collections I've maintained have been SH Figuarts (mostly Star Wars, some Marvel figures and the real-life celebrities they've been releasing) and Daibadi's Polynian figures.

I'm starting to look at my huge JoJo SAS collection and really wonder if I want any of them other than Joseph, Caesar and the Pillar Men...
>>
>>5576365
If you're unsure, then box them up and put them out of view. If you feel like they should be there, keep them. If not, sell them. I'll probably sell all my scales besides the Alter Love Live! line which I'll be getting all 9 girl.

After seeing sculpts like pic related, I don't want to collect anything but these guys.
>>
>>5576365
>RAH are absolute shite for the most part
The ones without weird fabric shit like faux leather or the rubber on the EVAs arms are decent in my experience. Never had much of a problem with Black Swordsman Guts.
>>
>>5576171
>Read The Dark Knight Returns. Batman is an old nutcase who kills.
Patently completely fucking wrong. Even the wall break-through scene in DKR with the machine gun is non-lethal or at most it's confusingly ambiguous. People got immensely confused with the red coloring of the mutant's clothes and assumed it was blood, and that the bullet hole and possible splatter behind the mutant signified being shot and dying. What we're actually seeing is no blood on the mutant, and a bullet hole that is above the supposed blood splatter, which would be impossible because the blood would follow the bullet's exit direction if it were to hit the wall. Batman actually just shot NEXT to the mutant and freaked them the fuck out into surrendering, which is why you're seeing a surprised look on their face and why no blood or gunshot wound is actually shown on their body.
>>
>>5576326
This
>>
>>5576390
They've had to up their game out of necessity, but they're still way behind what most other 1/6 manufacturers are capable of at this point. Even smaller outfits like Damtoys/VTS, ACI, 3R, etc run rings around them.

Shame, because they have a nasty habit of gobbling up good licenses.
>>
File: 1433213478795.png (1 MB, 996x1210) Image search: [Google]
1433213478795.png
1 MB, 996x1210
>>5576113
>>5576133
>>5576145
>got a tony start and his lab because i saw it at a convention
thats all it took for...
>4 iron men suits aswell as igor
>batman and his bat armory (almost even got the batmobile but lost the bid war for it)
>raiden and captain harlock
>war machine mkII and Iron patriot
>ultron mk1 and War Hammer (war machine mkIII) on pre order
>>
File: EW4SMbad.jpg (31 KB, 386x700) Image search: [Google]
EW4SMbad.jpg
31 KB, 386x700
>>5576165
>Nightmare sequence
>See: Superman The Dark Side

Way the fuck wrong. I might be one of the few people that like the Dark Side (it's a better 4th World story than a Superman story). Other than Superman being connected to Darkseid (also done in the late 80s with a Byrne comic and the series finale of Superman TAS), there is nothing in the Knightmare connected to The Dark Side.

Fuck, I still need to get Apokoliptian Armor Supes, though.
>>
>>5576171
>read the Dark Knight Returns

What in the fuck. Batman does not kill in that. Jesus why on earth did Synder choose to adapt the comic that tells the story about an old grueling Bats that fights a Superman who WORKS FOR THE FUCKING GOVERNMENT.
>>
>>5576484
>Batman doesn't kill in that.
He does. Twice. And not by proxy like in BvS, he cracks the Joker's neck and shots a fool between the eyes.
>>
>>5571077
Holy shit, It's totally different.

Dammit, I kind of didn't want to buy a second Hot Toys this year.
>>
>>5576328
>amazon into the summer
>into february
The only reason some were still popping up in amazon and *some* websites and LCS, and it was rare to find them at that point, was because of the union strike at the docks at the time.

It was a solid month or two where it was effectively sold out everywhere until those delayed batches started circulating again and that also lasted days.

>enjoy your sea of pegwarmers and never seeing Batman
Well, this is awkward.... So you agree with me that Batman will sell out just fine then? Cause that was my point.

>MSRP price on imports
>BBTS
That's not MSRP price.
>>
>>5576493
A. The Joker kills himself. Batman breaks his neck but stops just short of making it fatal; Joker, in a last bit of spite, finishes the job on himself to make the police hunt him as a murderer. Holy fuck, read the book, dipshit.

B. See >>5576399 and holy fuck, READ THE BOOK, dipshit.

God, I bet you call it a "graphic novel" too.
>>
>>5576506
>A
Oh right, I forgot.

But in
>B
That's a load of bullshit, he kills him straight up, which is WHY they look surprised, because "Batman doesn't kill"
>>
>>5576510
Him who? The person he "shoots" doesn't have a single visible wound on them. He shot to the side of them as a form of intimidation to get them to surrender. The baby that they were holding as a human shield covered the entirety of their torso vitals, so how did Batman kill them in one shot when there's clearly no wound on their forehead? I'm looking at it right now, I suggest you do the same.
>>
>>5576532
Just did.

There's no way he didn't kill that him/her, no way.

>Yeah, let me shoot as a warning, risking that in a fright reflex the mutant's gonna pull the trigger on the baby

That splash on the wall is most definitely blood, you don't see a bullet wound on the guy because either the baby or the angle covered it, or he shot it in the mouth.

I'll give you that it's a bit ambiguous, but shooting for the sake of shooting would be a stupid risk, but I can't deny that it's a cooler idea to have him just shoot to intimidate.... Hmmmmmm you've made me reconsider.
>>
>>5576542
>That splash on the wall is most definitely blood
The mutant has no blood on them, the baby has no blood on it. The gunshot hole in the wall has no blood surrounding it. The mutant still has a surprised expression on their face after being "shot." I can 100% tell you that Batman does not kill them. He even states later in the comic that guns are for the enemy; why would he oscillate on that mentality?

Also, did you notice how there was THREE mutants holding the kid hostage, but Batman only interacted with TWO of them? It's because the mutant with the machine gun, in a barrage of blind fire, shot the one with the silenced pistol who shot the door. THAT is what the blood stain is. It's not from the mutant that Batman shot at, it's from the mutant that the other mutant kills off-panel.
>>
>>5576552
> in a barrage of blind fire
Hmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Alright I'll bite, you could be right and now it makes more sense than to think he killed the mutant.

Dang, that's a cool discovery, thanks!

I read it when I was a kid a couple times and just forgot about it, never read it again because you know, too normie, but I'm gonna read it again because of this.
>>
>>5576561
I'm pretty sure they mention in one of the newscast bubbles that the surviving Mutants were arrested.
>>
>>5569959
2 DAYS
>>
File: calvin's hobbies.png (21 KB, 250x146) Image search: [Google]
calvin's hobbies.png
21 KB, 250x146
>>5576505
>all my goal posts are moving on their own
>Mezco Batman didn't sell out right away and kept being found for ~MSRP for months and months, even though i claim they sold out, because strikes
>MSRP for figures actually higher than what BBTS posts, thus it doesn't count, even though i was saying those figures sold out (nevermind those same figures can be found on amazon still)
uh huh

>So you agree with me that Batman will sell out just fine then? Cause that was my point.
I think there's a chance it will sell out, but that's not really the point i or that other guy made (Mezco worrying that they spent too much on the license that's seen as shit). You're just moving the goal post to make yourself right.
>>
>>5576095
Bane?
>>
>>5575228
i hope armored batman comes with the kryptonite spear. so badass
>>
File: Armored-Batman-One12-Collective.jpg (125 KB, 1024x1027) Image search: [Google]
Armored-Batman-One12-Collective.jpg
125 KB, 1024x1027
>>5576689
Mezco Batman has light up eyes.
Out of all the Superman Vs Batman crap, this is the only one i want.
>>
>>5576689
Same, the design's not final so maybe.

But don't get your hopes up. Later on this year I plan on picking up a small 3d printer, and by using some AutoCAD I can make little bits and pieces maybe like a kryptonite spear! :)
>>
>>5576171
>Batman kills
imo I saw it more as a reference to the Burton movies, in that Batman acts kinda the same towards killing: he doesn't hesitate to kill in the midst of action, but won't when his enemy is at his mercy
>>
Tell me, does your wallet bleed?

It will.
>>
File: 032016061151.jpg (411 KB, 3022x800) Image search: [Google]
032016061151.jpg
411 KB, 3022x800
>>
>>5569955
It's disappointing, not terrible. People who are saying it's one of the worst superhero movies ever are just retarded, this is nowhere near Green Lantern bad.
>>
>>5569955
>It is really that bad as they say?
Imagine if Marvel took Daredevil Season 1 (only with a much higher budget), and edited it into a 2 hour 30 minute recap movie and called it "Daredevil: The Road To Hell" to get people all caught up for Season 2.

That's what it felt like. Like, a full season's worth of plot beats, but with all the stuff leading up to each moment and every moment of character development cut for time, so things just... happen, one after the other, with nothing really meaning anything, since nothing gets reflected on or has any reason for happening.

Still fun, though.
>>
>>5577305
Don't forget the pretentious dialogue about gods and men.
>>
>>5576606
>because strikes
But this is true.
>MSRP for figures actually higher than BBTS posts
But that's not true. MSRP for Mafex Batman 2.0 was like 28 to 32 USD from HLJ, AmiAmi, etc etc.

>You're just moving the goal post to make yourself right.
Nope, ever since my first post I was talking only about Batman. And I stand by it, Batman, MechBatman WILL sell out and you can keep screencapping this, or not, and if they make a Knightmare bats, it will also sell out.
>>
>>5577528
>doesn't know what MSRP is
>implying you really know about what the strikes affected, despite the fact that the figures were delivered in the first place
You're so full of shit there's nothing i can really say now but point out the obvious
>>
>he really doesn't know BBTS has no MSRP for imports
This is really confusing, did you really not know that the price for BBTS on imports is NOT MSRP? BBTS buys imports at MRSP and then they sell them at overprice, are you really this new? If anything, only these new BvS Mafex ones seem to be the only ones at TRUE MRSP

>implying you really know about what the strikes affected, despite the fact that the figures were delivered in the first place
But I do know, Mezco themselves kept giving updates by twitter about this, you have to be shitting me, and here you are arguing against common knowledge.

Entire batches of TDKR Bats were weeks and months delayed because dock worker unions threw a strike an would not let ships dock, ship that were carrying TDKR Bats batches. And this was the reason they started to pop up again after weeks and months of the 1st batches being sold out. You were trying to imply that the figure was easily found well up until summer, this is false, it came out in its initial release dates, it sold out, and then weeks and months later the delayed batches started to arrive and they sold out equally fast as the early batches.

Jesus.
>>
>>5577619
>he really doesn't know BBTS has no MSRP for imports
This is really confusing, did you really not know that the price for BBTS on imports is NOT MSRP? BBTS buys imports at MRSP and then they sell them at overprice, are you really this new? If anything, only these new BvS Mafex ones seem to be the only ones at TRUE MRSP

But I do know, Mezco themselves kept giving updates by twitter about this, you have to be shitting me, and here you are arguing against common knowledge.

Entire batches of TDKR Bats were weeks and months delayed because dock worker unions threw a strike an would not let ships dock, ship that were carrying TDKR Bats batches. And this was the reason they started to pop up again after weeks and months of the 1st batches being sold out. You were trying to imply that the figure was easily found well up until summer, this is false, it came out in its initial release dates, it sold out, and then weeks and months later the delayed batches started to arrive and they sold out equally fast as the early batches.

Jesus.
>>
>>5576720
>eyes light up

Welp Mezco it is then.
>>
>>5577528
>>5577619
>>5577713

NERD FIGHT!!!!!
>>
>>5577732
>not buying Hot Toys, the superior product
Stay pleb
>>
>>5577749
p-pls no bully

I don't want to fight, I'm just discussing.
>>
>>5577098
>finishing the quote so i couldnt come in with the full size figure saying "it will"
>>
>>5576720
So has Mezco revealed how the armor on this will work? Is it going to be magnet based like the Dredd figure's badge and shoulder gear?
>>
>>5577715
>>5577713
>has to post twice to show how ignorant he is
First off, MSRP ≠ what amiami/hlj sell their toys for. They work exactly like Amazon, where they list the MSRP and then have a line going through it to show the discounted price.
Second, BBTS and many other stores buy stuff through various distributors. These distributors make deals with Bandai/GoodSmile/etc and usually use the Japanese yen and convert ¥5700 into $57.00. The vast majority of stores that sell collectibles do not give discounts from the MSRP and some even mark up the price based on how little they order. Here's one of the US's largest distributors for direct market products http://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAR162571
This is the way it works in America, where oyu obviously do not live, because there's no way you can be this ignorant about MSRP and the way things are sold here.

Which brings up to your bullshit on the strikes.
There were delays, yep, but as soon as the strike was finished and shit started being shipped like normal, that means everything was shipped altogether. Even IF it did cause a 5 month delay, it still means they did not instantly sell out and were available until summer.
Now, maybe it was true that something got misplaced, because Mezco somehow had even more Dark Knights to sell in fall/winter 2015. Seems a little odd that Mezco could produce another wave so fast, but it might be a rare instance where China produced and shipped something fast.

BTW, i looked up stuff about the dock strike and i saw nothing about delays with Mezco/Batman after the strike ended.
>>
File: 3000462-91owhostmll._sl1500_.jpg (400 KB, 1178x1500) Image search: [Google]
3000462-91owhostmll._sl1500_.jpg
400 KB, 1178x1500
Has anyone gotten the Barbie doll? Is it decent?
>>
>>5578290
>point A
>he thinks list price = MSRP
>he thinks BBTS is part of the distributors deals with import manufacturers
Fuck you're more out of the loop than I thought. You really ARE this new.

>point B
>that means everything was shipped altogether
False
>were available until summer
False
>maybe it was true that something got misplaced
Not misplaced, entire batches were sitting right there in the ships, the strike lasted like 2 weeks or so, and in the meantime, more ships arrived, even after the strike was over they still had a shitfest to take care of because of that 2 week delay.
>because Mezco somehow had even more Dark Knights to sell in fall/winter 2015
So you don't know about the re-releases EITHER, you can't be this ignorant, are you trollong me? You DO know that it was re-released several times after it was sold out, don't you? You're shitting with me aren't you? You MUST know.

You make a good point, maybe they saved a little something and released it later as "re-release", but it sold out just the same, it's not that it was easy to get all the way to summer.

>BTW, i looked up stuff about the dock strike and i saw nothing about delays with Mezco/Batman after the strike ended.
Mezco themselves kept updating because they were being flooded with tweets of people complaining about the delays of their PO, it was on the news, there were news articles (obviously because the ships were carrying more shit other than dolls),

I don't know if you frequent any toy boards, like SSF or Fwoosh, the question of every day you got in those places was "so, how's the strike going?"

https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/574620868065771520

http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91831&start=945
>>
>>5578368
>still hung up with that bit about BBTS
>doesn't know what MSRP is
>he thinks MSRP and "list price" aren't interchangable terms
Seriously, what country are you from where you don't know this shit?
That's why i said they're up on amazon too and linked to Diamond's catalog, showing how they set their prices. Pretty expensive, which is what amiami and hlj list as MSRP before discount. Sometimes the price is higher for whatever reason
>You DO know that it was re-released several times after it was sold out
You need to learn how to read. I mentioned that in my post. And no, it wasn't "saved" because only a fool would waste money on holding to stock like that. Every toy maker wants that shit out.

>https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/574620868065771520 http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=91831&start=945
Wow, good work on finding the same posts I did.
> i looked up stuff about the dock strike and i saw nothing about delays with Mezco/Batman after the strike ended.
SoA ≠ Batman
Breaking Bad ≠ Batman
SoA had a June or May release.
Breaking Bad had an April release
Batman? Earlier, so those figures were there already, they got their release for that month.
Dock workers gotta follow that schedule, even if it's months behind (perishables gonna perish, much to the complaint of stores), so first in, first out.

And if you're too dumb to have looked it up, the strike had ended in February.
>>
>>5578492
>he thinks the MSRP """"before discount"""" is the actual MSRP
Wow, no wonder you think BBTS has """"""MSRP""""""
>Every toy maker wants that shit out.
>He doesn't know about managing supply and demand
So BBTS has MSRP right? Were you born yesterday?

>something is selling well
>is "sold out"
>comes back up the day after $10 more expensive
>this is completely normal to this guy

>Batman? Earlier
Where did you get the idea ALL Mezbats batches were delivered via the same port? Hell, I even remember Mezco saying specifically that they had some of them sent by air directly from hong kong.

>they got their release for that month.
But the point is that not ALL the batches that were supposed to be on time WERE on time, that's why people were upset, that's why they later popped up on other places after being sold out.

Holy shit, I'm having a hard time not patronizing you.

>the strike had ended in February
>this means the stuff already delayed was going to be shipped instantly
>>
>>5578311
I refuse to buy it on the basic principle that it's a barbie doll.
>>
>>5577943
I couldn't take that chance.
>>
Does Batman glide during this movie, I'm interested to see how Zach portrays this in a more grounded universe
>>
>>5577755
>Hot toys looks like shit
>Over priced Barbie doll
>>
>>5578525
>watch me ignore everything you said and pretend that MSRP is meaningless
Yes, I acknowledge what you're doing and there's nothing i can really argue with you about.
>>
>>5578556
>extreme turbo save face maneuver!
>>
>>5578311
That mask looks eerily puffy and ill-fitting. I thought we were done with Keaton's outfit.
>>
>>5577125
I guarantee you 80% of people shit-talking this movie are tumblr based MCU obsessed fandom fucks who've only ever bought DeadPool comics to impress their followers on IG or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>5579464
Yeah but that's 80% of the people saying anything about any superhero movie.
>>
File: mutant-leader-01.jpg (240 KB, 1000x756) Image search: [Google]
mutant-leader-01.jpg
240 KB, 1000x756
Clark:You know, we almost had this talk ten years ago, when you wouldn't go along with the deal we made. Everyone else agreed, Diana went back to her people, Hal left the planet...

Bruce:And Oliver, did he agree?

Clark:That's not how I wanted it to go.

Bruce:He was all torn up about it, too.

Clark:He made it necessary, like...

Bruce:Like I'm about, too?

Will Zach adapt the dark knight returns, after the justice league split.

I think we need the Mutants and that iconic fight in the snow where Batman fakes his death and goes underground. That would make a great final movie.
>>
>>5578544
No, but he moves pretty fast which could explain why Gotham thinks he could be a monster and not a man in a costume.
>>
Bruce Wayne: What is it you want, Oliver?

Oliver Queen: A piece of him. The schoolboy. I always knew it would come down to the two of you someday. The world's not big enough for the both of you.
>>
>>5579464
I shit on it more than it deserves I guess, I just hate Snyder.
>>
Batman: You say you answer to some sort of authority. They only want me dead because I'm an embarrassment. Because I do what they can't. What kind of authority is that?

Superman: It doesn't matter. It's their world, and they won't stand for you anymore. If it isn't me, it'll just be someone else.

Batman: Really? Who do they send after you?

Man, I love TDKR.
>>
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtQbj6N_kn4
>>
>>5579587
A few days ago it hit me that the reason Miller probably chose Ollie to help Bruce, besides their similarities as non-powered heroes(and Green arrow's own origin as a Batman expy) was for the sake of a pun. A Kryptonite arrow that can take down Superman would truly be the ultimate "green arrow"
>>
>>5579615
David vs Goliath

We need this on the big screen, how epic would that be?
>>
>ITT: One guy talks to himself about how good a Zack Snyder movie is

Came her for the toys, stayed for the autism.
>>
>>5579622
You forgot the weeklong argument over mezco sales that's so meandering you can't even tell who was arguing what at this point.
>>
>>5579622
>>5579630
Don't forget the pointless image spam with comic quotes. Guess he can't cut it that even /co/ and /tv/ think's the film is just okay to sub par.
>>
>>5576326
how do you plagiarize the thing your movie is based on?
>>
>>5575869
>Batman straight up kills people
You can spot a pleb when they use the 'Batman kills in the comic!', since his no kill rule has been ingrained in the character. Ben Affleck tries to do with what he's given, which isn't much at all. Also shows that Snyder and Warner Brothers, doesn't understand one of their key characters. Movie was bad, Batfleck costume was okay, Superman was drab and dreary so there wasn't a real contrast between the two since they're both dull as fuck.

I want the Batfleck fig tho.
>>
>>5579655
>cheap ass Mafex
Why not buy the superior Hot Toy?
>>
>>5579642
He copied visual cues from various great comic books, without even copying the themes of said comic books. That's why he's called a 'visionary' director, he can make shit look pretty for you but good luck if you want some depth.
>>
>>5579655
The contrast is Superman is the only one not ranting bullshit about gods and men.
>>5579660
It doesn't really look pretty either half the time. Also Kingdom Come's story is overrated.
>>
>>5579658
>blowing 200 dollars on a thing that's basically a statue.

Because I've got better things to spend my money on instead of blowing it on something that reminds me of a boring movie.
>>
>>5579663
If you can call that contrast, I do find it hilarious that there was someone basically off camera mentioning how the area they're fighting in is empty so they can cheaply justify all that collateral damage.

The contrast between Superman and Batman is very weak, even the DC Animated did it better. They're both grim and conflicted, Superman should be at least be confident even the rescue montage made him look conflicted.
>>
>>5579642
>implying you can't get expelled from college for turning in a paper you had previously written
I'm glad I went to school when before they started using the internet and shitty tools to check your papers.

I must have reused an english 101 assignment for like 5 classes. If the professors want to give out assignments that are almost identical to each other, then they get the same paper over and over, with minor adjustments.

>>5579630
Not my fault a guy had to continue moving his goalpost and didn't reveal he was hopelessly in denial until yesterday.
>>
>>5577755
>implying im not getting both

Stay maximum pleb teir pleb

>>5578544
Soooort of. He definitly is super fast and quick and is agile in the air. I dont see why he couldnt fly.
>>
>>5578311
kek its the "just finding out about the reviews" Affleck figure
>>
>>5579569
>>5579587
I remember reading that in one of the comics that Arrow gets his arm stuck between some heavy objects and superman would have to cut his arm off to save him, but arrow said he would rather die than lose his arm, he manages to get out in the end but it kinda left some sort of alternative timeline of how arrow would've lose his arm and hate superman.

perhaps they could touch that at some point in the movies
>>
File: 1386733887796.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1386733887796.gif
2 MB, 300x169
>>5579597
that quote gets be every time, man
and having Peter Weller be the voice in the movie just made it such a hair raising moment
>"in all the years to come…in your most private moments…I want you to remember…the one man who beat you."
>>
>>5579464

People have been shitting on a lot of the Marvel movies too. I don't fucking get it. The polls for this movie have the majority saying "It was okay", second highest was "It was good", and then trailing behind both is "it was bad."

It was the same as any other fucking action movie.

I say this as a guy who hates Snyder and wants him gone from the next. Was it enjoyable? Highly.
Best movie ever? Wouldn't go that far, but I don't get what's hateable about movies like BvS, Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3, MoS, TASM, etc unless you're some armchair critic who acts like they went to film school.
>>
>>5579655

When does he kill anyone except for the dream sequence?

People die, but more from them running into shit with cars like most action movies.

I was waiting the whole time for him to straight up headshot someone or tear a head off the whole time.
>>
File: arab light tanks.jpg (117 KB, 799x448) Image search: [Google]
arab light tanks.jpg
117 KB, 799x448
>>5580364
I just came back from watching the movie and i gotta say it was pretty bad. That whole fight between Superman and Batman... why!?
I thought Batman was only making that shit just in case he goes bad, yet Batman is screaming for his blood because titleofthemovie.
The entire movie felt like some grim dark horror movie. Scene after scene where you keep on expecting for the characters to be murdered right then and there.
Lex Luthor was basically hobo Hannibal. Creepy, but always muttering some crazyass rant, complete with hobo-quality twitching.

>>5580376
Batman used the Bat-plane's gatling gun on the dudes in the Toyota Hilux technicals. He straight up shot them to death, but if the 1000 bullets ripping through them didn't kill them then the ammo explosions 2 seconds into the BRRRRRTs did.

That said, the movie makes me hate the costumes even more, except for that Bat Armor. Still gonna get Mezco's.
>>
>>5579655
>he doesn't know that Batman threw away the code when he saw Robin die but later went back to it when superman convinced him

yea, i spotted the pleb
>>
>>5579668
He looks conflicted because he wants to save people, but he doesn't want them to see him as a god.

In Life and Death of Superman after his first time appearing in public he flies home because the fact everyone wants a part of him scared and disgusted him.I see the movie Superman as having a similar mindset.
>>
>>5580407
>Batman is screaming for his blood because titleofthemovie.
Did you not see the intro? Did you not pay attention to any of the dialogue?
>>
>>5580376
>Shoots up a load of cars with a minigun
>Crushes cars with his tank
>Drags one car along and uses it as a wrecking ball after crushing the people inside
>Kicks a grenade at two people
>>
File: image.jpg (608 KB, 2560x1201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
608 KB, 2560x1201
>>5580376
>>5576105
>>5580509
I love the way he has a bunch of fucking Kriss Vector .45 cal sub machine guns, hanging on the wall of the batcave.

That being said I actually kinda liked Gunman vs. Murderman: Dawn of Murder.

And I'm the biggest DC fan I know, it felt memorable and refreshing after all the marvel shit and the abomination that is age of ultron.
>>
>>5580695
>Marvel puts out a shit ton of movies
>DC puts out one film after a long time
>refreshing

Well no shit, though if your definition of memorable has something to do with it being horrible then yeah I agree. I just hope Lego Batman redeems Batman somewhat after this film.
>>
>>5580713
>Bawww he wasn't the stupid no killing batman I like! HE NEEDS REDEMPTION!!
Batman not killing is literally the stupidest thing in the comics.

>Takes down Joker
>Joker escapes and kills a load of people
>Takes down Joker
>Joker escapes and kills a load of people
It makes 0 sense of Batman to constantly let criminals get away. Not to mention why would anyone be afraid of him if he just roughs you up a little every time he catches you?
>>
>>5580770
4/10. Too obvious.
>>
>>5580770
I don't have much of a problem with Batman killing.The problem the implications for the universe considering the fact that Joker is still out there killing a load of people. If this Batman has no qualms about gunning down criminals with his batmobile, how the fuck have villains like Joker, Harley, and Croc managed to stay alive?
>>
>>5580797
This. People always make fun of the no-kill rule without thinking how illogical dumb it makes Batman look when he suddenly decides not to kill his arch-enemies on the get-go.
>>
>>5580509
That's actually Batmanslaughter, not murder.
>>
>>5580856
The grenade thing is murder isn't it?
>>
>>5580893
It's not premeditated, so no.

Now if Bats succeeded in killing Supes, that would have been murder.
>>
>>5580909
Depending on where you are premeditation isn't required for it to be murder. Gotham's in Jersey right?
>>
I know this isn't /co/, but you guys seem like the group of people to ask: Where do I start in the Batman comics? I'm making my way through Superman and I want to read some Batman stuff too
>>
>>5580797
It depends when he breaks the rule.
Next time he bumps into Joker could be the time he kills him.

>>5580808
His no killing rule is obviously so they can just keep recycling villains. And no one realises how dumb it makes Batman look that he keeps letting his enemies escape.
The blood of the hundreds or thousands they have killed is on Batmans hands.
>>
>>5580960
The beginning of any writer's run of any series starring Batman.
>>
>>5580965
Why is it his job to kill the criminals instead of the state who he turns the criminals over to? Saying the blood is on his hands is retarded.
>>
>>5577125

Lol. Damning with faint praise.
>>
>>5580509

Wow I saw it last night and honestly don't remember any of that.

Well ok then.
>>
>>5580407
>this movie has a BRRRRRRTs
holy fuck i need to see the movie now
10/10 best batman
best movie
>>
>>5580965
Not him, but lol, the Boondocks Saints did more for stopping violent crime than Bats when you put it that way.
>>
File: batplane.jpg (126 KB, 1325x720) Image search: [Google]
batplane.jpg
126 KB, 1325x720
>>5580507
Did you?

Batman basically was only building his kryponite weapons in case Superman went rabid.
That never happened.
Instead, Batman got superpissed off about his employee suiciding and just wanted Superman dead cause raisins.

Fucking dumb, unless you think Batman is a soccermom blaming shit because of association (ie, superman being at hte bombing).

>>5581230
It was fucking dumb.
It wasn't really a brrrt, just normal movie machine gun effects and the batplane had that bit in the front just spin.
Seems like they changed the design at the last minute too, so Mattel was stuck with the one that kinda makes sense. That whole front part of the wing in the movie is two guns and it spins.
Pretty fucking dumb design.
>>
>>5581263
Not really, they killed like 10 guys, Batman stops multiple crimes every night, it's just that a few of his villains became mass murderers who can escape anything and return from the dead over the past few decades, and Gotham's criminal justice system is run by retards so they all just get sent to an insane asylum.
>>
>>5581267
Not the other guy but I thought Bruce got the impression that Superman was going to go bad when the Flash warned him.
>>
How are mafex's?
>>
>>5581360
I'm pretty sure he thought it was just another dream, otherwise he would have done something about it.
Or is this another example of just how fucking dumb the movie is?

Why would he go roidrage mad based on random time traveler and how would he even make a connection that his dream = the time traveler appearing? He was having fucked up dreams before that happened.

Fucking retarded movie.
>>
>>5569950
I'm going with Mezco Batfleck. Mezco is usually pretty spot on with quality. However, that photo you posted doesn't really do the costume justice.
>>
>>5581363
Generally pretty solid. It can vary by figure, but I know people like the Batman 2.0 and the Batfleck will probably also be good.
>>
>>5581363
I don't know about the others, but virtually all of my mafex (Vader, Batman 2.0, Joker) have loose knees issues, Batman 2.0 being the worst. The rest are still pretty okay, but their knees always feel very loose, and it doesn't look like it will improve any time soon.

Still picking up the Mafex for BvS though, because kinda like the wired capes so far.

Would consider the Mezco, but the fabric probably hinders articulation, and it's pretty expensive to ship out of America.
>>
>>5581670
Huh that's strange. The knees on mine are pretty tight, rather it's the toe joints that tend to be loose at times.
>>
>>5580975
It's not retarded. He keeps letting dangerous people like the Joker live, and they keep escaping and killing.
After the 10th time you would think he would realise that killing the Joker himself is the only option.
But of course they can't do that, because how else will they continue to publish comics with the same villains for 70 years?
>>
>>5581219
You must not have been paying attention then. The whole chase scene had him destroying cars with his machine guns.

>>5581267
>Batman basically was only building his kryponite weapons in case Superman went rabid.
Go watch the film again, it wasn't hard to understand.

>“Count the dead: thousands of people. What’s next? Millions? He has the power to wipe out the entire human race, and if we believe there’s even a one percent chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty.”
Batman was planning to take him down the whole time. I hate when idiots like you can't pay attention to a simple film like this and then complain about how bad it was, despite the film literally spelling everything out for you.
>>
File: my parents are dead.gif (25 KB, 479x500) Image search: [Google]
my parents are dead.gif
25 KB, 479x500
>>5582013
>I hate when idiots like you can't pay attention to a simple film like this
Oh, I'm sorry for reading comics and thinking Batman is only making those weapons just in case he does go rabid.
I guess i had to be literal about it and throw everything i know about batman out the window.

Like i said before
>Instead, Batman got superpissed off about his employee suiciding and just wanted Superman dead cause raisins.
>Fucking dumb, [snip] Batman is a soccermom blaming shit because of association (ie, superman being at hte bombing).
There's no 1% chance when Superman never did a thing to show he was the enemy.
It was a hamfisted fight, complete with Superman egging Batman on for no raisin
>>
>>5582013
>to a simple film like this and then complain about how bad it was, despite the film literally spelling everything out for you

That's kind of oxymoronic
>>
>>5582022
>Oh, I'm sorry for reading comics
So you hate this movie because it's not 100% like your comics?

You are calling out the plot as being bad because you are mixing your idea of what happens in the comics with what actually happens in the film. How stupid can you be?

>Superman never did a thing to show he was the enemy
How about all the destruction caused? Sure it wasn't Supermans fault, but in Batmans mind he is a weapon of mass destruction, and the fact that he could go rogue is enough reason to take him out.
>>
>>5582009
that too.
When I say loose, I don't mean they fall down while standing. More like they move way too easily, so I don't see them holding any dynamic poses without a stand for a long period.
>>
The press are just mad they didn't get invited to the prescreenings.

Fuk e'm. Entitled dicks.
>>
>>5582052
How so?
>>
>>5582013
>if we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty
I haven't seen the movie but that sounds kind of retarded. He's basically saying if he thinks there's the slightest chance he's an enemy he's going to go out of his way to make him his enemy.
>>
>>5582011
>After the 10th time
Before any of his villains can do some mass killing shit ten times there's usually been a mass reboot anyways. Plus it's not like Batman is aware the writers are making everyone but him and his posse completely incompetent and retarded, so he continues to have faith in the justice system.
>>
>>5582011
>>5580965

Except it's stupid to think of the whole Batman no-kill rule as if it's one long cohesive timeline in the comics. You say that Batman wouldn't kill Joker because otherwise they can't write about him anymore, yet the same could be said about Batman putting Joker into prison. Why can't Joker stay in prison even if he's guarded with the best security that the DCU has to offer. The same argument can be applied here:

>because how will they continue to publish comics with the same villains for 70 years?
>>
>>5569950
Where's the best website to preorder Mafex Batman in the UK?
>>
>>5582866
this
>>
>>5581433
>>5581670
Is the flesh tone as weird looking in hand?
>>
>>5582062
>So you hate this movie because it's not 100% like your comics?
No, I'm fine with them changing shit from the comics. I didn't call Flashpoint Batman bad. I don't think B:TAS is bad. Internally, within their own stories, they all make sense.
Then you have Dawn of Justice copying comic book stories, following the same rough plot, diverting from the comic and being irrational from within the story the movie is putting out.
THAT'S retarded. They're copying shit from the comics and missing the point, and not even rationalizing it within the context of the movie.

>Sure it wasn't Supermans fault, but in Batmans mind he is a weapon of mass destruction, and the fact that he could go rogue is enough reason to take him out.
That's fucking soccermom logic. Ban guns, ban knives, ban bats, all because they can cause harm.
Fucking retarded, especially when you apply it to a person, which even Batman recognizes Superman is.
Batman doesn't even go nuts until his former employee suicides, because it's all Superman's fault cuz raisins.

Considering Batman is willing to kill a guy for just being associated with mass murderers, why the hell didn't Batman kill the Joker who actually murders people? Or any of the other criminals he catches? Where's the logic?

Almost everything in the movie happens just because it needs to to advance the plot and themes. Disjointed, poorly told crap.
>>
>>5582115
The implied corollary to that statement that the film was good because it spelled everything out for you, which is facile.
>>
>>5582866
Just go down the list
>>
>>5576720

> keeping the fabric suit under all that armor

Seems like a mistake, double the limitation in articulation.
>>
>>5583180
>No, I'm fine with them changing shit from the comics
>Oh, I'm sorry for reading comics and thinking Batman is only making those weapons just in case he does go rabid.
Clearly not seeing as your misundestanding of the film was based on your assumption it was the same as the comics, while you clearly didn't pay attention to the actual film.

No point arguing with you further because you clearly are too stupid to have understood the film despite it not being very complex. If you paid attention everything was rationalized within the context of the movie, but instead you decided "but in muh comics he does X therefore it doesn't make sense in the film! REEEEEEE"
>>
>>5583710
>can't refute points
>you're just wrong cause raisins
Sup Zack Snyder?
>>
>>5583743
>raisins
You keep saying that as if you think it's funny.

And what points should I refute? The fact that you're an idiot who didn't understand a film because the whole time you were thinking
>Not muh comics!
>He should have done this like in the comics!
>I won't pay attention to the actual movie I will just think about the comics and apply that to the movie and then be confused at the end when the movie doesn't match up to what I am imagining in my head
>>
>>5583469
What list?
>>
>>5583763
>still not explaining anything, because you're wrong cause raisins
>instead building up a strawman
Just curious, are you the guy that doesn't know what MSRP is?
Your tactics are so similar.
>>
>>5583767
Amiami, hlj, hobbysearch, amazon, JUNGLE, ebay
>>
>>5584011
Why the fuck did it give me a name
>>
>>5584013
shut up Essie
>>
>>5584024
Oh it's fucking april first isn't it
>>
>>5583769
>Raisins
Every time you say this you make yourself look stupider and stupider.
>>
>>5584011
Thanks Latasha!

Anyone have experience preordering from Forbiddenplanet uk?
>>
>>5580797
>how the fuck have villains like Joker, Harley, and Croc managed to stay alive?

Well, we could argue that there is not mention of any of Batman's villains running around or causing trouble in BvsS. Sure, we have suicide squad but we don't know what time it takes place in the BvsS timeline or if Batman threw them in jail when he was less insane and people like Joker, Harley, etc have been in jail for years.
>>
Greetings fellow toy enthusiasts.

I too liked Batman V Superman.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.