[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When it comes to Wolf Predators which is the one to get? Regular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
When it comes to Wolf Predators which is the one to get? Regular or heavy armored?
>>
Depends how much you use accessories. If you can get the fully equiped for within $15 more you might as well go for it.
>>
>>5569151
Is it just the same figure but with more accessories?
>>
Heavy Armed has better QC on the airbrushing of the unmasked head.
>>
>>5569153

Essentially yes.
>>
>>5569148
They both suck. Wait to see what Neca does. It won't have the articulation or accessory count but you'll be paying half the price for a figure that looks more imposing.
>>
as someone that owns Heavy, it's good but not great, it lacks swivel in the arms so it can't physically look at the control panel on the arm properly which is why I really wanted it the legs are also finicky and a little bowed. On the subject of weapons, they're great but fall off easy. same with the knee armour and madibles, all fall off a lot. it looks really nice but is a bitch to stand the feet are rubber and very hard to straighten. Worth the $40-50 if you want a stand alone figure I wouldn't pay more but the unmasked head sucks with opened andibles
>>
The regular monsterarts wolf predator is garbage. It's so finicky and everything pops off so easily. Armor plates, knea pads, masked head, weapons.
It's super irritating.
>>
>>5569546
Of it ends up like the AVP preds, it'll have MORE accessories.
>>
>>5569148
Heavy armoured. It comes with more stuff for not much more and it's got better QC.
>>
>>5569546
>They both suck
Am I imagining this or were people on this board praising it?
>>
>>5569596
Only if you buy all 3 packs in its wave. I only wanted Scar from this wave but no extended combi-stick kinda sucks, and I don't like the other 2 enough to buy them for their accessories. Wolf probably won't come out with a full loadout. Watch them put his whip and/or combistick on a different predator in the same package and he'll just have that injection thing.

>>5570099
There was hype for it before it came out until people received their piddly, fiddly, unwashed, unfinished pieces of crap. It was too ambitious for such a small figure, same for the xenomorph. Wolf looks cool with his mask on, and the xeno looks cool regardless, but they failed on the execution for both figures.

Not even in quality control, just poor design and I'm not sure what's going on with Wolf's seemingly unfinished face paint.
>>
File: size.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
size.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>5570099
Wolf is a good figure, but he's flawed.
And considering the price point, he's not really that much better than what Neca is putting out.
The paint and sculpt are decent, but not amazing.
As people have mentioned, the removable pieces like the knee pads and mandibles fall off all the time.
The removable mandibles look goofy as hell, and the paint on his skin just seems off.
The articulation is where he really shines.
He has every Neca Predator beat, even their newer AvP predators don't come close to the amount of articulation SHMA Wolf has.
>>
>>5569148
Regular comes with a lot already.
>>
>>5570490

The only thing that doesn't really come close on the AvP preds are the ab crunch, which is basically useless, and the neck.
>>
File: 014.jpg (317 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
317 KB, 900x1200
>>5570490
I quite like my Wolf, but then I only paid 20 bucks for him, heh.

His unmasked face looks awful so I've never used it, but the knee pads on mine stay on well. The shoulder pad on his left shoulder on the other hand, that sucker loves to pop off. His masked head also comes off pretty easily; not sure if I'm just not pushing it in all the way or something, but it's tough to plug it in in the first place with how the neck joint works and all the hair and stuff in the way.

He's a nice looking figure though (with the mask on anyways!), he poses well, and his accessories are pretty neat too.
>>
>>5574024
The legs have much better range of motion too because of the pull down joint system.

>>5574034
My shoulder pad pops off all the time too!

I almost always leave it off until I'm finished posing him or it'll end up on the floor somewhere.
>>
I really enjoy having my Monsterarts Predator and Aliens to display with my Figuarts Marvel, DC and Star Wars figures.
>>
I could use a good Wolf but I don't care for Tamashii's products at the price point (and I seem to have inexplicably horrible luck with them in terms of QC). What's the best one NECA has to offer, or is there another company that has something decent?
>>
>>5575931
It's not out yet, just hang tight.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.