[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Legacy MMPR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 21
File: BANA10541.jpg (18 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
BANA10541.jpg
18 KB, 752x564
Anyone been picking up the recent legacy megazords that have been coming out? I've been thinking of getting pic related but the 200 dollar price point makes me wonder if I should just purchase the classic red dragon Zorn and save my money for the legacy ninjazord.

Has anyone heard if they're going to re release the classic coloring of the dragonzord when the black and gold variant comes out? Dropping almost 300 for one on eBay seems excessive
>>
Then you have this beaut. The articulation on the wings really impressed me. Can't wait for the shogun set.

Hopefully we get a white left arm this time instead of the pink zord
>>
The zords are cool but a more updated figure with articulation and what not would have got me to get them. They're nice but as is I'm happy with just the og megazord. As for legacy power rangers in general, I'm quite looking forward to their build a zord series. There's a toy fair video on YouTube where you can get a pretty good look at ninja storm red, the zord, and a bit of the build a figure zord, right after the camera passes by the legacy zords. Hopefully these turn out well.
>>
>>5568451
Why should they rerelease it? People will say $60 is too expensive and drag their feet again.
>>
>>5568711
Demand is obviously there
>>
>>
>>5568498
>The zords are cool but a more updated figure with articulation and what not would have got me to get them.
Indeed. So far I haven't felt like the Legacy Zords have been much of an upgrade over the originals.
>>
I have all the originals in my detolf cases. Besides the Legacy dragonzord, all these new models are inferior.

I get they are trying to be show accurate, but between joints that can't support the weight, and the price tag they are an easy pass.
>>
>>5568836
they're not aimed at people like you. they're aimed at the mid 20's generation who could never afford this shit as a kid. that's why the price is so hefty. half my friends are drooling to pay to finally own these things
>>
>>5568856
Im in my mid 20s. When I got a job, I purchased brand new in the box or the originals. It was called ebay.
>>
>>5568856
paying the same amount for beaten up 20 year old toys or twice that price for mint versions now? what's the fucking point?

Don't know what you're on about joints that can't support the weight, all mine stand just fine and they look leagues better than the bulky and disproportionate ones from the 90s
>>
>>5568718
No, noisy poorfags are creating the illusion of demand.
>>
File: Legacy-Dragonzord-065.jpg (299 KB, 1024x694) Image search: [Google]
Legacy-Dragonzord-065.jpg
299 KB, 1024x694
yall niggas blind
>>
File: 16963411163_48c1b02bfe.jpg (81 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
16963411163_48c1b02bfe.jpg
81 KB, 500x333
>>5568885
alright well you can have your twenty year old figures that look like shit that you bought secondhand.

nobody is trying to take them from you
>>
>>5568887
I like the original one. It looks more fatter and therefore huggable.
>>
I never owned this guy as a kid. I owned the assault team. That was torture.
>>
>>
File: comparison 2.png (681 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
comparison 2.png
681 KB, 1024x682
>>
File: bHbUhG_zps3255efa0.jpg (114 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bHbUhG_zps3255efa0.jpg
114 KB, 500x500
>>
>>5568896
Calm down Captain Poorpants! Nobody's taking away your right to squeal for a reissue you won't buy anyway. I mean I'm trying with every manufacturer survey I fill out but there's no telling how many I actually stopped.
>>
>>5568900
Don't hug the Dragon Caesar.
>>
>>5568711
I don't get why you WOULDN'T want it rereleased for the people who don't have it. I have just about all the Legacy stuff Iw ant, but I still think it'd be nice for the people who don't have it to have a chance.
>>
File: by0bdqD.jpg (297 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
by0bdqD.jpg
297 KB, 900x1200
>>5568756
>>5568498
Check out the Super Robot Chogokin Megazord.

It'll set you back a few bucks but I'll be damned if it isn't worth it
>>
>>5568954
Homeboy is butthurt about spending 2x the cost of these already expensive megazords on the 20 year old models that just don't look as good
>>
anyone pick up any of the non megazord stuff? I have the dragon dagger from years back; I can't believe it still works.

And I've always wanted a saba...
>>
File: 59577008_529721_raw.jpg (73 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
59577008_529721_raw.jpg
73 KB, 960x540
>>
>>5568969
I really regret not getting the dragon dagger now. I was unconvinced as to its quality back then. but after Saba I really wishI had it.

Saba is still at some TRUs for just $55.
>>
>>5568981
Still 119 in Canada. If it went that low 100% get.

>>5568955
Ya, I've definitely considered that, but at this point I'd like to at least see what BoA has in store for their Build a Zord Ranger line. I'd assume the Zords will be a bit taller than the Rangers, so probably around 7", and reports of articulation seem hopeful, so we'll see when they officially announce them.

And I was more thinking the standard transforming Zords with updated articulation. I'm surprised no one is really doing it, even BoJ, except in candy toy form or some such thing.
>>
>>5568955
I got that for just about $60 from the BST months ago. Amazing deal; and it jumped in price a few weeks later. I feel a little bad about it, actually. Once I saw him on Mandarake for 3500 yen; I went to think about it for a second and he was gone in 2 minutes.

>>5569020
>And I was more thinking the standard transforming Zords with updated articulation. I'm surprised no one is really doing it, even BoJ, except in candy toy form or some such thing.

Well, in the case of the dino Megazord/Daizyujin specifically, Zyuranger really isn't that popular in Japan. It's not a failure like some people frame it; and it set the standard for a lot of further series as far as toy sales and such. That said a lot of the stuff from BoJ based on it is largely based on Power rangers' popularity.

As far as articulated Zords; Sentai is aimed at a really young audience, which is why Sentai mecha emphasize sturdiness over articulation. They're meant for 5-7 year olds to bash together. Bandai's high-end line as far as transforming mecha goes is SoC, which veers towards older nostalgia (70's/80's) stuff, tot he point where the only Sentai mecha in the line is from Battle Fever J.

I'm wondering if we'll see a similar case like with Voltron down the line where we see a 3rd party attempt eventually.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 120x90
rumor has it we're going to get a movie version of the ninja zord
>>
>>5570711
Not a rumor, they were going to have a prototype at Toy Fair but it wasn't quite ready to display yet.
>>
File: MMPRM-ninjamegazordrender.jpg (100 KB, 414x722) Image search: [Google]
MMPRM-ninjamegazordrender.jpg
100 KB, 414x722
>>5570711
If you mean a special; edition of the Legacy Ninjazord, I can see that, but a movie accurate Ninjazord? I doubt it...because it looked like this.
>>
>>5570723
Uh oh we're in trouble...
>>
>>5570721
>>5570711
Oh wait, I read that wrong originally. No on the "Movie Verison" yes on a general Legacy Ninja Megazord.
>>
>>5568969
anyone have the blaster ? its the only thing they put out that im interested in. is it worth the price and such
>>
>>5570723

Damm that's ugly. Reminds me of that upside-down Birdman face.
>>
>>5570723
>MMPRM-ninjamegazordrender.jpg
>render

That's not a render, it's a custom figure. That piece of shit looked EVEN WORSE in the movie, pic related.

Why someone would want this pile of vomit as a toy is beyond my understanding.
>>
>>5570723
I hope we don't get this shit, but I wouldn't be surprised since they were making the movie figures too
>>5570749
Top kek
>>
>>5570972
If you can get it for $50 that TRU has it at now, I'd consider it. It's basically the 1993 toy except a lot more metal, heavier plastic, a blade that pops out with a button press, and better sounds.
>>
When will Legendary do the BeetleBorgs battle station?
>>
>>5570984

>"Holy fuck am I ugly."
>>
File: meteorstormed1351164084.jpg (96 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
meteorstormed1351164084.jpg
96 KB, 1024x768
>>5568955
>>5568955
Reminder that if the Sentai Mecha SRC line had sold better we would have had so many more.... :'(
>>
>SOC gattai sentai robots never
>>
>>5568906
I know that feeling. I owned the assault team too. I couldn't transform those fuckers at all either.
>>
File: Legacy-Dragonzord-042.jpg (674 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
Legacy-Dragonzord-042.jpg
674 KB, 1200x1600
How is it the Legacy Dragonzord looks so great, and yet its Dragonzord Battle Mode looks so awful?

These proportions suck.
>>
>>5568955
>It'll set you back a few bucks but I'll be damned if it isn't worth it

>$150-$200

It'd have to be able to seperate to justify spending that much on it, god damn.
>>
>>5574077
Because the Dragonzord didn't have the same proportions as the Dragonzord Battle Mode on the show. If the Dragonzord mode looks good, the Battle Mode won't.
>>
>>5570723
>>
File: thank you based zord-builder.jpg (122 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
thank you based zord-builder.jpg
122 KB, 640x640
Okay yeah, I think I'll get back into buying zords.
>>
>>5576155
>that file name

My father made that joke years ago when I had that figure, and it always flew over my 5 year old head.
>>
>>5576164
Falconzord add-on when?
>>
>>5570984
Were they in a rush when they animated this thing? It looks like melted shit.
>>
File: qrex13.png (1 MB, 460x640) Image search: [Google]
qrex13.png
1 MB, 460x640
>>5576164
NEAT
>>
>>5576185
Probably. That whole movie had a really haphazard production schedule. It was originally just going to be filmed like Turbo was; i.e. an extended version of a tv episode with suits instead of CGI and a closer look to the TV show. it was only shortly after that production changed direction.

Fun fact, the rat minions from the Green Ranger returns episodes were rejected Ivan Ooze minions from that first movie production.
>>
>>5570723
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTQO1JH3LHk
>>
does anyone have older stuff from the previous legacy releases? also is it worth it to buy them?
>>
>>5576185
I think it was that and I'm also pretty sure they blew a bunch of the budget on the skydiving scene.
>>
>>5576185
They reshot half the movie, couldn't make up their minds on the design esthetic, and had like 9 months from green light to release in theaters, so they rushed things a bit.
>>
>>5571132
oh shit its at 50 now last i checked it was still 80 well time to pick it up then
>>
>>5574069
I had the Assault Team and no Red Dragon, but I had the Tigerzord as consolation, so at least I could combine them with SOMETHING
>>
>>5576164
This is the first thing to make me want the Legacy White Tiger.

Now I NEED IT.
>>
>>5576221
Older stuff being what?

The first legacy release was alright, it was just the 2010 release with diecast. The dragonzord was totally new mold but suffered stability issues due to the adding of "muh diecast".

All the weapons have been great though, the latest power gun being absolutely amazing. It is like something BoJ would have released and charged well over $100 for.
>>
>>5576185
One of the greatest parts about rewatching that movie is when the megazord gets tossed through a building. I almost bricked my pants from laughing so hard because it switches from that abomination to just a stiff as fuck toy getting chucked into some drywall.
>>
>>5568955
>>5574086
I got it for MSRP on Amazon back when it first came out.

Shit, maybe I should sell it?
>>
>tfw no Legacy MMPR in Europe
I gave my Red Dragonzord, Ultra Zeozord and Shogun Megazord to my nephews.

Still have Deluxe Pyramidas, though.
>>
>>5579286
Good, save that until they can handle it without breaking it.
What's the condition of the others?
>>
File: 15045207189_112d4a0029.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
15045207189_112d4a0029.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
After a year of having Legacy Titanus and using the 2010 Megazord as the core for the Ultrazord, I've got the LEgacy Megazord reissue.Good thing I got it, too, as the price soon jumped to the $110 range just recently. Anyway, its drastically changed my view of the three combined. the 2010 Megazord slumped over, but the Legacy stands proud even under the weight of the Dragonzord. Overall I'm really happy with it, and barring the simplified leg zords, and maybe the zord builder ports over the old style ones, I think its overall more impressive than the old Megazord.

I know its terrible to do so but I'm waiting for the Thunder Megazord to hit a sales price before I bite. $100 seems fine; Titanus got a similar sale that I jumped on only a month into its release.I think the high price and the fact that its just going to sit there for months is keeping some TRUs from getting it.
>>
>>5579322
Only 1 tru in my area had 2 of the thunders and they say there for awhile but are gone now.
>>
Are there any picture of the Ultrazord with B&G Megazord and Dragonzord?
>>
I just had a fantastic idea that'll never happen.
Legacy Serpenterra.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.