[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you buy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18
File: d9eb91oz.jpg (217 KB, 489x321) Image search: [Google]
d9eb91oz.jpg
217 KB, 489x321
What did you buy?
>>
Was considering getting a Buffaloman. I think I'm just gonna hold out for Kinnikuman Great/Terryman for Muscle Docking.
>>
Vulcanlog Venom Snake.
>>
How much was BS Vader when he was still available?
>>
>>5565646

Grabbed

SAS shinichi
2 Revo Skeletons
1 Revo horse
1 Saint Seiya Myth Stage thing

Theres ten other things on my want list but I can't justfiy spending 300 bucks on figs right now.
>>
GX-68 Gaogaigar
>>
File: Untitled.png (374 KB, 1230x634) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
374 KB, 1230x634
>90 cents
>>
RD Gundam Mk.II. I know it's not the best RD but it's one of my favorite MS and I was waiting for it to got on sale.
>>
Missed out on Jagi. God fucking dammit.
>>
File: 81zujiEXiaL._SL1500_.jpg (181 KB, 1362x1500) Image search: [Google]
81zujiEXiaL._SL1500_.jpg
181 KB, 1362x1500
>>5565618
Pic related and vulcanlog snake. I literally had a tab with raiden open for the last couple days and just convinced myself he wasn't worth it last night, so that was pretty cool timing.

>>5565767
> Revo Skeletons
fuuuuck, I missed those?
>>
Figuarts Buffaloman. Pretty glad I waited to get him.
>>
>>5565876
>was originally $20
fucking mattel shit.

or is it a model?
>>
I got the Imperial Girl and Sniper Girl kits. They were on my backlog of things to buy for a while so it was pretty nice being able to get them for half off
>>
>>5565921
its a model and actually far from mattel shit, as it has one thing mattel doesn't have:

articulation
>>
I kind of want to get the Valkyrie koto kit and the metal figuration Alien.
>>
File: Arcadia-VF-0A-Shin-6.jpg (889 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Arcadia-VF-0A-Shin-6.jpg
889 KB, 1920x1080
Missed out on the VF-0S, so I got the VF-0A and bought some replacement hip balls off shapeways.
>>
Got Kinnikuman, this will be a good opportunity to test the line cheaply and see if I want to go all in.
>>
File: tiny haul.jpg (138 KB, 1806x542) Image search: [Google]
tiny haul.jpg
138 KB, 1806x542
Not too bad for $20.
>>
I bought the six of the 10 dollar re-ment sets for my Nendoroid.
>>
File: Alucard.jpg (19 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
Alucard.jpg
19 KB, 355x355
Would have probably bought Alucard if he was still around.

The Venom snake is still to expensive at $70cad
>>
>>5565885
They're still up, although they're Low Stock as of this post.
http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD12006/Act

Personally, I just went with some Yokai Watch model kits. That Komasan was too damn cute to pass up for two bucks. Might pick up Venom Snake later.
>>
>>5565954
How much was he?
>>
>>5566354

Oh fuck, he's sold out. I figured if I sat on him, he'd still be around. Silly me. He was like 14 USD.
>>
Didn't buy anything because there is stuff i'm looking forward to that I know will cost a fortune if the exchange rates don't turn around. So I don't want to spend all my money on hype impulse buys.

Also some of the prices just aren't that good due to the exchange rate being crap. Like I pre-ordered 3 each of Silent Hill Pyramid Thing and Bubble Nurse and paid about $33-35 shipped. That's about the same you'll be paying right now at HLJ despite the sale slashing their price significantly.

Great sale for people who waited too long to buy stuff though and didn't grab it when the exchange rate was 120-125.
>>
The Nxedge gundams. Half off so why not.
>>
>>5565885 >>5565767
>> Revo Skeletons
Fuck. Might have to cave in on this and finally order from HLJ again.
>>
>>5566390
get the fuck out of here
>>
File: hlj spring sale 16.png (62 KB, 615x721) Image search: [Google]
hlj spring sale 16.png
62 KB, 615x721
Dammit, /toy/.
>>
File: csp32623_0.jpg (44 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
csp32623_0.jpg
44 KB, 600x450
This is so 80s I kinda want it.
Also, I need to watch more Lum again.
>>
>>5565618
Fuuuuu, I got this in last Friday.
I'll wait til this Friday to see what's announced, as of now I just want the water effects and Master Asia.
>>
File: IMG_0945[1].jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0945[1].jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>5566423
I get sillier with each passing day.
>>
>>5566409

What are you, 16?
>>
Almoat nothing I was interested in went on sale.
>>
Neat, looks like I can finally start my QB collection. Too bad for Cattleya not being on sale, but Airi's nice.
>>
>>5566434

Good thing I know that now. Such useful information
>>
>>5566441

Why did that trigger you?
>>
>>5566442

Trigger? What are you talking about?
I was simply stating that i'm happy to now have the information that almost nothing that anon was interested in went on sale.
>>
>>5566406
>figma Bruce Lee
Why?
>>
If I add an item now, will they combine it with the other stuff as one shipment or will it be a whole new shipping charge? Haven't ordered with them in some time.

>>5566448
I know people have issues with it, as well as the other one, but I just have wanted a little Bruce Lee figure. And the price is right.
>>5566427
I wasn't even 16 when I first saw Lum in college over a decade ago. Don't think my friend who got me into anime showed me it in high school.

To be honest I barely remember the 80s even if I was alive during them. Now I'm getting into bands I was too young to listen to as a kid. I've also gotten into 70s rock even though I wasn't alive then.
>>
>>5566446
And what others bought was useful to you how? You obviousIy knew there was a sale. We're you unable to browse the whole 60 or so items per phase? Did you need validation post purchase or to be told what you want pre purchase?
>>
>>5566473
>being this assblasted

Why did that trigger you?
>>
So this sale is in Phase 3. Are there likely to be more items added later?
>>
>>5565618
>revo horse is $30 off

t-thanks

But seriously if none of you have this I would really recommend it, such a good figure.
>>
>>5566526
I want that one fancy horse that's apparently based off of classic metalwork figures or whatever. Anyone know if it's good?
http://www.hlj.com/product/KYD12008/Act
>>
>>5566529
I just said it was
>>
>>5566533
I thought revo meant revoltech?
>>
>>5566510
There's still two phases left so yes, but the new items will likely be in the form of categories like they were so far. Based off the categories already on sale though, I'm wondering how many new ones they can put up and if there's even going to be any good items in them
>>
>>5566536
The horse uses revo joints
>>
>>5566542
Oh. I'll buy it then.
>>
>>5565885
How much did you get Raiden for? I need to know how hard to kick myself.
>>
Damn, I probably would've gotten one of the oni skeletons if I knew they were on sale, like em but they've been just too expensive up to this point.
>>
>>5566577
I think it was on sale for 25 freedoms.
>>
Only Figuarts Master Asia at this point, waiting to see what else the sale has in store in the next two parts.
>>
>>5565618
>No Eva revos on sale
>>
I briefly considered PAK Venom because I'm a retarded faggot but settled on just grabbing Venus de Milo.
>>
Do you think now's a good time to get RD Master Gundam? I'm getting Master Asia (since he's only 13 bucks) but I don't know if I should hold off waiting to see if Master Gundam will be cheaper in another sale or not.
>>
>>5566453
>I wasn't even 16 when I first saw Lum in college over a decade ago
Wait, so you were a 15 year old college student living on campus? Damn son you are straight up Doogie Howser.
>>
>>5566427
Not him, but it's a pretty cool shirt anon.
>>
>>5565985
Ditch the Iron Kong and get two Acguys instead.
>>
>>5566862
Still got two more sales to go through.
>>
>>5566363
That was the only thing I'd planned on getting from the sale, since I already have Buffaloman on the way (damn you SAL) from Hobby Search's sale ages ago.

I guess there's always Neptuneman, but $35 isn't much of a bargain when I want him more for his Warsman bits.
>>
Re:edit extremis iron man
>>
Grabbed an MP Road Rage
>>
File: superion grieves.jpg (427 KB, 618x937) Image search: [Google]
superion grieves.jpg
427 KB, 618x937
>mp roadrage
>nendoroid seha girls saturn
>megahouse's tachikoma (the one that moves)
>2 clear bases

I had to pass up on alot of stuff due to limited room, like the RE:EDIT war machine, the kotobukiya hestia etc, well hestia I can do without but that war machine...

If he was 50% insta-buy, there was more relevant stuff but sadly I already bought them at max rrp
>>
File: image.jpg (855 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
855 KB, 2448x2448
>>5567908
Mein nigger
>>
...I just dropped $140 for the UW Devastator. It's gonna be another $40 for shipping.

I probably shouldn't have done that to be honest lol
>>
>>5568345
>I probably shouldn't have done that to be honest lol
I mean, if you LIKE overpriced garbage then its really the perfect buy.
>>
File: futurevision.jpg (665 KB, 1410x793) Image search: [Google]
futurevision.jpg
665 KB, 1410x793
>>5565950
DAS WAT IM TALKING BOUT RITE HERE MANE

Good thing I bought replacements. Too bad 3d printing takes fucking forever to finish.
>>
>>5565885
>>5566181
>>
Does HLJ add more items to their sale, or just more "categories"?
>>
>>5574088
I wanna know this too. Like, we already got a Gunpla category, so does this mean there will not be any more Gunpla in the sale?
>>
File: 1374404585119.jpg (675 KB, 705x900) Image search: [Google]
1374404585119.jpg
675 KB, 705x900
Nothing, I'm waiting for tokushit.
>>
>>5565618
Was looking at that Sen Ti Nel war machine, but it's still just a bit too rich for my blood.
>>
>>5574088
>>5574372
I'm pretty sure it's just more categories, I slogged through the action figure section before and right after the last addition and it was just the same stuff.
>>
File: kbykp-298_5.jpg (149 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
kbykp-298_5.jpg
149 KB, 600x450
Waiting on monday before I make any decisions but probably Pyramid head + imperial + valkyrie + maybe molten tigrex
>>
>>5574436
I'm eyeing the valkyrie too, only thing that really interests me within my price range.
>>
File: gao_review_cover.jpg (206 KB, 1280x799) Image search: [Google]
gao_review_cover.jpg
206 KB, 1280x799
Still can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the SoC GaoGaiGar

It's a great figure, but $200 is a lot of money for me at the moment.
>>
>>
>>5574542
Ouch, almost as much as the toy itself for EMS. I have been using the Private Warehouse for so long now that I can't remember what it was like paying for shipping on individual toys anymore. It's really changed my life for the better. Now I just pay about $40 or so every two months for a haul of toys that would have cost 3-4x that to ship individually. The delayed gratification thing is great too, I don't get any toys for a while and then one day out of the blue it's just like Christmas.
>>
>>5574547
I used to get a sense of satisfaction with HLJ PW, but then I went through my past purchases, added everything up, compared prices, and realized that just buying second hand from mandarake saved a lot more. Even when just buying one item at a time (which I would rarely do, but whatever), it was more cost effective than HLJ. Then again I use SAL, so it's not a stretch to imagine that exclusively using EMS would shift that in HLJ's favor.
>>
>>5574528
Then don't Toys are luxuries not necessities.
>>
>>5574528
>Still can't decide whether or not to pull the trigger on the SoC GaoGaiGar

DO IT

>It's a great figure, but $200 is a lot of money for me at the moment.

If money is a problem, then don't do it. But it's an awesome figure.
>>
>>5574528
I'm gonna have to marathon that series to decide whether or not I want this, it looks amazing.
>>
>>5574559
Well, yeah, I used to be a SAL guy, but now that I wait until the absolute last second on the PW, I've usually built up so much stuff that I no longer qualify for SAL. So I'm pretty much an EMS-exclusive guy now, which I thought would bug me, but for the volume of toys I'm getting, really doesn't.

Also, Mandarake is a great resource, but it usually just doesn't work out for me costwise. Most figures I want don't make the 5k cut, and it's just laborious scouring Mandy for another figure from the same branch that I want out of necessity. So I end up incurring the 500 yen fee a lot, and they don't offer bare SAL either, only RSAL, so I typically end up paying more than I wanted to there and being displeased. I guess HLJ's formula just works better for me.
>>
>>5574573
I understand you completely on the whole EMS thing. I ordered something off mandarake a while ago that was cheap enough that RSAL made sense, and the wait is killing me. They still can't really be my main store though just because it's hard to get more than one thing at a time due to fluctuating stock.

>Most figures I want don't make the 5k cut, and it's just laborious scouring Mandy for another figure from the same branch that I want out of necessity. So I end up incurring the 500 yen fee a lot

Protip, they got rid of that. I have no idea if they still charge for stuff coming from different stores, but I've ordered a couple things from them recently that were wayyy under 5k and didn't get hit with the fee.
>>
>>5574528
dont do it, there's no real point in owning it if you have no sentimental connection to the show other than showing off on the internet.
>>
>>5574592
SAHRA doesnt, which kinda makes sense because they have all the details on hand. I'd say the actual stores will still have it though.
>>
>>5574606
Not him but I bought something for around 3800 shipped from some shop and I don't think I got any fees.
>>
>>5574620
well, that's good if they got rid of it on all stores.
>>
>>5574592
>Protip, they got rid of that.
Uh, how recently? Cause I bought a figure from them just like, two months ago and I got the fee. I think it was from Nakano or Umeda.
>>
>>5574627
Actually wait, is grandchaos SAHRA?
>>
File: Manda.jpg (33 KB, 416x285) Image search: [Google]
Manda.jpg
33 KB, 416x285
>>5574620
>>5574634
No clue. I heard about it on twitter last month and bought something super cheap just to see if it was true. This invoice is from sapporo on march 14th. I'm still not 100% onboard because of stock issues like I said, but it's way easier to impulse buy from them now.
>>
>>5574634
Pretty sure they dumped it after the last minor site upgrade, a few months ago. At the very least since January, because I'm looking at an order confirmation email I got at that time period and there wasn't a fee.

That said, I am 100% certain they've jacked up their shipping prices 100Y+ minimum across the board. I think that that blanket increase in shipping is how they're justifying abandoning the 500Y fee.
>>
>>5574638
No, sahra is the direct warehouse. GC is its own place.
>>
>>5574645
Well shit, I guess I just barely missed it then. The figure I bought was very very late last year. Well, this does mean I feel more positive about buying from Mandarake now.
>>
>>5574542
Can't find that in stock. You might've actually gotten the last one.
>>
>>5565618
sod all
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.