[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know who needs a figma or high quality figure in general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (825 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
825 KB, 1200x1200
You know who needs a figma or high quality figure in general?
>>
Sly's begging for a Revoltech more than anything
>>
Astro boy?
>>
>>5563927
I'm hoping for more kid-proportioned Figmas myself, ALBW Link looks pretty good. I could definitely see an Astro Boy or Mega Man based on that same framework
>>
>>5563926
I would definitely rather have a revoltech sly than a figma
>>
>>5563926
>>5563932
Is Sly even a thing in Japan?
>>
>>5563935
He is a Sony property
>>
>>5563941
Sega is Japan but they don't give a fuck about sonic
>>
>>5563945
That's because it's cancer and they try to forget about it
>>
>>5563945
>Sega is Japan but they don't give a fuck about sonic
That's because Sonic games have been A: bad and B: heavily marketed towards westerners for the past decade or more.

I don't think Sly has much presence in Japan, but that hasn't stopped Kaiyodo before (and honestly seems more likely to limit GSC's interest in the franchise.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 249x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 249x211
>>5563953
Mfw this post is right good sly figures will never happen
>>
>>5563941
I know that but most Sony America properties don't get a lot of attention in Japan
>>
>>5563957
We'll get Sly stuff when that abomination of a movie drops.
Whether it will be, how you say? "Good"? Is an entirely different issue.
>>
>>5563919
Carmelita Fox never :(
>>
Revoltech if you're lucky, but Sony's dead mascots are deader than the MGS franchise, as well not that popular.

>>5563945
Sonic got a high-quality nendo not three years ago, you dingus.
>>
...Spry Pooper?
>>
>>5564343
>Sonic got a high quality nendo
I like nendos but that shit was completely off-model and Sonic is a figure that begs for articulation.
>>
>>5563928
why? figma joints don't work for astro's tube body, at least revo joints can be integrated better.
>>
>>5564462
>I like nendos but that shit was completely off-model

Like pretty much every other nendoroid ever, that's the point of the line.
>>
>>5564462
It's kind of hard to make a fully articulated figure of Sonic due to his big ass head
>>
>>5563919
>Know

Spell it properly.
>>
http://www.gamingheads.com/sly-cooper.html

Better than nothing..
>>
>spelling knoe wrong
>>
>>5564549
Hurrr
Nendo Sonic is a weird mix of classic and modern Sonic. He's not just a Super Deformed/Chibi version of the character, he's an enturely new design and it just looks off
>>
File: carlcuk2016.jpg (92 KB, 419x640) Image search: [Google]
carlcuk2016.jpg
92 KB, 419x640
O I knoe.
>>
>>5563928
the proportions on figma LBW link are much much different than megaman and astro boy. They're also generally not accurate to the artwork appearances, which is what'll happen if they end up doing megaman or astro boy, or this sly cooper. Figma proportions are essentially ALWAYS stylized, or just based on incompetence.
>>
>>5564549
which is why IPs should never be pushed into it. It's the same concept as funko pop, and it's pointless.
>>
>>5563919

I'd be fine with it, Ratchet and Clank had a line of action figures done courtesy of DC Direct.
>>
>>5564887
>He's not just a Super Deformed/Chibi version of the character, he's an enturely new design
You what? The Nendoroid is literally the modern Sonic design, but with the proportions altered to give it a bigger head and stubby limbs. That's exactly what super-deformed means. How well the modern Sonic lends itself to those proportions is up to debate, but there's no point in saying weird shit about them making up a new design for the Nendoroid when they just fucked around with the proportions, same as every other Nendo.
>>
File: rncp1.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
rncp1.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1896
>Ratchet and Clank movie coming next month
>no toys announced
>the ones from DC Direct sucked
>>
>>5565884

Hey, I like my Qwark and Nefarious action figures and I'm still kicking myself for not picking up Azimuth and Ratchet.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.