[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army Alphas Kickstarter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 16
File: Now the skeletons can nyah.png (173 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Now the skeletons can nyah.png
173 KB, 700x700
Less than two weeks to go and they're only a third of the way there, you guys reckon they'll make it?

I was hopeful at first but i'm not too sure now. Shame since i wanted to get a bunch of those glow in the dark skeletons to go with Quan Chi.

Here's the thing itself: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1489380015/army-alphas-6-1-12-scale-army-builder-action-figur
>>
1/18 is more profitable

>4horsemen

only because of pr and being well known
>>
>>5561700
1/18 is shit and dead, nobody gives a crap about it.
>>
Maybe, the ninja one (which I'm still fucking waiting on) was dead in the water until the last few days when they decided to step in and show off shit for once.

These guys apparently aren't involved at all, going by their comments.
>>
>>5561703
tell that to the 1/18 glyos skeletons, 1/18 hacks, 1/18 i am elemental girl power, 1/18 maurader army gun runners, 1/18 female army gun runners, 1/18 pose skeleton, 1/18 kaiyodo gashapon skeletons, glyos, power lords from four horsemen, outer space men from four horsemen... u enjoying your star wars blacked series anon?
>>
>>5561694
>generic soldiers
>generic skeletons
>there are people who like that shit

>inb4 its you.
>>
>>5561709
Glyos barely counts as 1/18. They're their own line entirely. People are Glyos collectors, not 1/18 collectors that sometimes get Glyos.

As for the rest, you listed only lines that bombed, or are currently bombing aside from pose skeletons. 1/18 is as close to a dead scale as you can get.
>>
What movie has those skeletons in it with the shitty stop motion? It reminds me of that
>>
>>5561715
>1/18 is as close to a dead scale as you can get

bazingarooney my 1/12 scale collectining friend
>>
File: women in the army.jpg (233 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
women in the army.jpg
233 KB, 960x640
>>5561707
>not involved
>responding to criticism of sculpt by fixing that issue
Seems like a lot of people are dumb by withdrawing their support, even though nothing is actually taken away since payment is only taken if it reaches its initial goal, fucking the kickstarter because most people won't donate until after it reaches that goal.

These people are fucking morons.

That said, i love how this is only proving me right that people don't like army building in 1:12.
I also don't care, hence not supporting this, but man, it sucks that people who claim to want this shit don't actually care or are too stupid to pledge support unless it meets the goal.
A toyline that looks good that isn't made is a huge shame.
>>
>>5561719
>Implying I don't only collect 1/6 and 1/3 dolls.
>>
>>5561714
I think that's the idea, they're supposed to be army builders.

Honestly though i wonder how many people are even interested in the soldiers, this is so far the cheapest source of 1/12 skeletons i've seen.
>>
>>5561717
Jason and the Argonauts?
>>
>>5561729
There are skeletons in 1:12?
And no, the Revoltech ones aren't 1:12.
>>
>>5561734
There's 4hoursemen with skeletons in armour, but i don't know of any bare bones skeletons like these ones.

This could be the first chance we get to have just basic skeletons in this scale.
>>
>>5561717
>shitty stop motion
That was state of the art.
https://youtu.be/U9kmjW73-v4
>>
File: Skeleton's shielf.jpg (58 KB, 700x516) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton's shielf.jpg
58 KB, 700x516
I may as well dump the other two update photos these guys put out.
>>
File: Skeleton with new MOTU.jpg (157 KB, 700x704) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton with new MOTU.jpg
157 KB, 700x704
>>
>>5561694
>>5561824

It's a very underdetailed/mushy skeleton sculpt.
>>
>>5561731
That's it! Thanks anon
>>
>>5561727
>*knife hands internally*

Several megakeks of byte
>>
I was gonna get a skele to add to my horde but it's like 40 bucks with shipping so fuck that.
>>
>>5561824
Those skellies without weathering look so meh.
>>
>>5561709
hacks, marauders and female gun runners all reached their goals easily, even unlocked several stretch goals.
You canĀ“t say the same thing with these guys.
>>
File: Counter-Strike_Box.jpg (28 KB, 374x450) Image search: [Google]
Counter-Strike_Box.jpg
28 KB, 374x450
>selling customizable 1/12 army builders
>should basically be printing money
>most generic poses possible
>limited accessory count
>pay extra for black dude

Come on, man, it can't be that hard. They should be *selling* these things. This kickstarter should look like the box art for a goddamn FPS. SWAT guys stacked up on a door, soldiers crouched behind corners. A comparison pic with Captain America leading a bunch of soldiers into battle. Why are they so bad at selling this idea? It's self evidently a good idea, this kickstarter should be rolling in dough, they should be showing off stretch goals of Spetsnaz and SAS, like the Articulated Icons guys did.

I'm gonna put this kickstarter's failure down to a great product being hampered by terrible marketing. If I saw these on the shelf, I'd buy them in a heartbeat, but they're never going to get that far.
>>
File: do the evolution.gif (939 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
do the evolution.gif
939 KB, 500x281
You know, if they had just one product line, this would be a lot simpler. Army Alphas Skeletons Kickstarter, plenty of people would pay for that. I would pay for that. Or, Army Alphas Soldiers & Swat, that would do well. But the combination just kinda feels awkward. And it's not even like they combined the two in a helpful manner, like pic related.
>>
>Double hinge pin joints
>Sure to get clogged with paint
>Probably soft plastic that will peel or tear

Hahaha no.
>>
File: whatever makes you happy dude.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
whatever makes you happy dude.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
>>5561694
I think the mistake was making these tacticool 'good guy' army builders and not presenting them as goons/henchmen/terrorists for my 1/12 heros to kick the shit out of.

>>5561727
>this is only proving me right that people don't like army building in 1:12.

Cuz NOBODY has bought multiple SW Black Stormtroopers, Sandtroopers, Clonetroopers, First Order Stormtroopers, ML Hydra, AIM, Fwoosh Ninjas KS, & pre-ordered Mythic Legions Legion Builder sets?

You must be that tinfoil-on-the-head 1/18 nutter who was going to 'make sure' Mythic Legions failed a few weeks ago.
>>
File: valkrie mgr.jpg (157 KB, 680x516) Image search: [Google]
valkrie mgr.jpg
157 KB, 680x516
>>5562124
>bitching about one of the few opprotunities to get 1/12 army builders.
This is why you guys deserve nothing.

>>5562309
I was the guy telling people to preorder or else we won't get cool stuff.
You know, sorta like this thread.

Show your support, because this is one of the few times that directly tells toy makers there's a market for these types of figures.
Specific costumes can show up as stretch goals, so put something in so that others can join in and eventually get what you want.

It's like MGR and how they made a female 1:18 body, because their first kickstarter was successful.
The female kickstarter was so successfull MGR included figures and pieces from later lines he was planning
>>
>>5562380
I think him noting marketing missteps isn't bitching about the army builders but the company no really knowing how to show off their product correctly.

Like the 1/12 weapon kickstarter that failed months back.
>>
File: MGR tacticool guns.jpg (78 KB, 699x344) Image search: [Google]
MGR tacticool guns.jpg
78 KB, 699x344
>>5562401
That was by MGR, the same company that had four successful kickstarters for 1:18 figures and accessories.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1732159183/marauder-gr-1-12-scale-gear-for-6-inch-action-figu

So you can't say that MGR wasnt marketting his stuff, because he put in the same amount of effort into it as the others.

Also, i don't hear that guy putting his money where his mouth is. Or rather... i do, because he's just bitching and not giving them money. Just putting the money in will draw in more supporters, because fucking tards don't put in their money until it hits its goal.
>>
>>5562124
Doesn't help that they've only done three update emails so far, whereas the articulated ninja one was always putting out heaps during its run.
>>
>>5562309
there are more 1/18 scale star wars toys than 1/12 scale ones. enjoy your Findu Nuffins
>>
>>5562380
really wanna army build that hijab trooper and give them a little isis flag
>>
I was looking at MGRs website and noticed how they sell individual bodies. Would any of you know when the female selections will be available?
>>
>ITT: 1/18 faggots come to a thread that has nothing to do with their favourite scale and shitpost over and over again about how angry they are that everything isn't catering specifically to them.

You guys seem pretty eager to become cancer as soon as possible.
>>
File: 1410398915492.png (312 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1410398915492.png
312 KB, 640x480
>>5562600
>enjoy your Findu Nuffins

Cuz there isn't plenty of them pegwarming on 1/18 scale?
>>
>>5562645
At least they're keeping the thread bumping up, because no one cares about army builders in 1:12 scale.
>>
>>5562309
>I think the mistake was making these tacticool 'good guy' army builders and not presenting them as goons/henchmen/terrorists for my 1/12 heros to kick the shit out of.

I kinda agree with this. Yes, having good guys and cops is cool, but people seem to be more willing to buy generic badguys for their heroes to fight rather then generic goodguys for their villains to kill. Just removing the "Swat" logo on some figures and leaving their patches blank would've been a good starting point or maybe adding a few more "fantasy" colored troopers that would fit with popular evil organizations. Add in stuff like weapon pack add-ons or more unique builds (like a tacticool Skeleton figure) and this KS would've had that added variety needed to draw in more support.

At this point I still haven't given up on it, I've already pledged and will leave my pledge to the end (might even raise it to be honest). But some sort of communication would be nice. Constant updates and replies to comments shows your potential pledgers you're still fully invested in the project and gives them more reason to be as well.

>>5562617
The female figures are set to be delivered sometime in September, after they go out to KS backers, they should arrive on the store shortly after.
>>
File: nobryanNO.jpg (61 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
nobryanNO.jpg
61 KB, 600x300
>>5562380
>we won't get cool stuff

This KS is NOT 'cool stuff' stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
File: 1456525567224.png (634 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1456525567224.png
634 KB, 1024x576
Well... the kickstarter just got cancelled... fuck...
>>
>125k
>>
>>5563900
Well that was unexpectedly anti-climatic. Hopefully it's because the creator wants to revamp the line some and attempt to relaunch the KS because I was really looking forward to gettin some decently priced actual 6" skeletons.

Guess all those BBTS pre-orders get cancelled now.
>>
>>5563967
The email said they wanted to have another try at this later, and yeah apparently they had problems because they did pre-orders or something outside of kickstater as well.

I they said they wanted to try and do weapon packs as well, which would be really helpful.

I really wanted those glowing skeletons though... damn.
>>
>>5563217
No...nobody cared about THESE 1/12 figures, take that Snake-Eyes out of your ass.

>>5563900
Good for them, reconsider the offerings, separate the skeletons, more scale weapons, & give us paramilitary 'bad guys' instead of police/soldiers.
>>
>>5564231
That's some sweet ass damage control you got there.

Another failed kickstarter in 1:12 and it's only telling other companies to not even bother.
>>
>>5563900
And I was just about to pledge for a skelly and a green grunt. Ah well.
>>
>>5564241
You're in serious danger of overdosing on autism.
>>
>>5563982
Apparently, Kickstarter wasn't allowing the BBTS pre-orders to be placed, meaning a LOT of potential funding was getting blocked by the site itself. As nice as it would be to not have to pay until these things actually ship, this shows that ordering directly through the KS is in fact the best (and apparently only) reliable way to order these guys.

It's good they'll be back, and from what it sounds like it'll be even better. With more options and lower main goal, I'm sure the next one will succeed no problem.
>>
>>5564241
Whatever you say Rusty...
>>
File: stadium of who cares.jpg (41 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
stadium of who cares.jpg
41 KB, 630x354
>>5564693
>>5564426
>seeing attacks that arent there
The only attacks against 1:12 come only from you, by not supporting and showing there is demand for these products.

It's purely neglect and that's why you deserve nothing.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
22 KB, 300x300
These 15 year old Final Fantasy skeletons had articulated jaws
>>
>>5565276
Honest question, does that have more than five or seven poa? Can the elbows/wrists move?

Either way i might pick that up, thanks anon.
>>
>>5565276
Too bad the rest of his articulation is atrocious.

According to the creator, this KS will return with improved figures and offerings while not doing the whole BBTS pre-order bit again. Letting people place orders through an outside site more or less split the amount of pledges received and ended up making this KS look worse off then it actually was. Combined with issues of BBTS not being able to actually increase or add money to the project after a certain point and it played a big role in why the KS seemed to stall so hard.
>>
File: Skeleton Army2.jpg (236 KB, 1146x798) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton Army2.jpg
236 KB, 1146x798
>>5565345
The Neck is a swivel, the shoulders are kind of ball joints but really only act as swivels and only move in the most awkward way possible. The hips are loose ball joints with very little range of motion outside of forward and back and he has wrist and ankle swivels.

Oh and an articulated jaw.

He's wobbly, crooked, permanently hunched, awkward to pose, easily falls down and feels like he'll snap in two at any moment any time you try to move a limb.

...I honestly highly recommend him. Because regardless of all his flaws, he's still a fantastic and imposing badass. His detailing is fantastic, his paint work is top notch, his accessories are pretty damn cool and he just looks evil. Ideally, I'd love to figure out how to replace his joints with revolver joints or something, but even without him he deserves a spot in any skeleton army.

That said, don't break the bank on this guy.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.