[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
beanie baby
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 20160316_194519.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160316_194519.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
did these things shoot up in price like everyone thought they would? first time poster, and i dont browse toy, so i have no idea the "lingo" you guys have, does anyone know if pic related is high in value? i didnt see anything on ebay, amazon, or anywhere else

pic very related
>>
>>5556036
Have you literally been under a rock for 15 years? Even outside of /toy/ beanie babies are famous for dropping in value, they're like the go to example for 90s collectibles that never went anywhere.
>>
>>5556045
to be fair i am only 20, i was cleaning out some shit in my garage and i found this little dude in near mint
>>
>>5556053
I'd recommend just keeping it or giving it away then, they aren't worth anything.
>>
>>5556070
ill keep him, thanks for letting me know
>>
>they are/were people who spent literally thousands of dollars "investing" in Beanie Babies and now have nothing but debt and unsellable Beanie Babies

This is why you should never invest in toys.
>>
>>5556082
i agree, i play mtg, but im not a wholesaler or anything, if a card goes up in value thats just a plus for me
>>
>>5556082
No, this is why you should never invest in toys long term. Short term scalping works as long as you don't put all your eggs in one basket.
>>
>>5556082
>>5555555
>There are people who are doing the same with funko pops.
>>
>>5556212
>"investing" in toys at all

you are better off putting your money in something like a stock, where you dont have to do any leg work to buy/resell/ship and you can make actual good profit instead of wasting hours to make a profit of $10
>>
>>5556219
>you are better off putting your money in something like a stock
They aren't really comparable. One is basically becoming a shitty second hand retailer, one is basically gambling.
>>
>>5556036
>does anyone know if pic related is high in value?
Word of advice, if you ever find the need to ask this, 99.99% of the time the answer is "No." You'd know if it would have value.
>>
>>5556036
That's not even a real beanie baby.
>>
>>5556218
Maybe, but the Funko POP crowd is like, a fraction of a sliver of a tiny portion of what the Beanie Baby crowd was.

The BB craze was so intense it was headline news for a time. Everyone from little kids to soccer moms to grandpa were collecting them.

There were constant fights over them, underhanded tactics used to get the rare/exclusive ones, etc.

None of that is really happening with POPs, other than some minor scalping you see with practically any toy or collectible.
>>
>>5556258
This...

There is no Pikachu beanie baby. Sorry to burst your bubble. I'm even laughing at your browser tabs.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.