[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question, why does /toy/ have such an issue with video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 23
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 540x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 540x343
Serious question, why does /toy/ have such an issue with video game toys? I mean they are technically toys right? People say to post those threads in /v/ can't the same be said for anime toys to be posted in /a/?
>>
Its a meme. Videogame related merch has actual been a rarity amd its only the last three ywars or so Nintendo and some other Videogame companies have started puttingnout quality articulatee toys. Ts not thatcwe hate the toys. We hate the sudden influx of retards from)/v/.
>>
Eh I think its just a few shitposters getting some sort of kek in. I usually just ignore it or mess with them.
>>
Its really just because people come in wanting video game figures and ask stupid questions instead of researching for themselves. 4chan in general is the worst place to ask for help because we crave constant new content and entertainment. Asking people to regurgitate info to spoonfeed you is a surefire way to get people angry.
>>
because /v/ is one of the few boards /toy/ can feel superior too.
>>
A bunch of /v/ anons migrated over here over the past few months due to /v/ buyfag threads, and having been mostly exposed to /v/ they have bad attitudes and are generally obnoxious.
Because of that, hating vidya toys and collectors quickly became a meme.

As far as why /a/ doesn't have a similar prejudice - where do you think most /toy/ posters came from?
>>
I, for one, welcome our /v/-toy overlords. its been nothing but /co/ toys for years
>>
>>5549811
go back to /v/ you piece of PAK
>>
>>5549833
>A bunch of /v/ anons migrated over here over the past few months due to /v/ buyfag threads

what the fuck are you even talking about?
people usually say that figma Samus and Link caused an influx of /v/tards
>>
Video Game toys are fine but I was seriously disappointing with Figuarts Mario. Those weird obtrusive joints on his hips and he can't even spread his legs outwards. His arms can't even lift outwards ever thanks to the cut of the shoulder. And don't get me started on that neck.
>>
>>5549872
>And don't get me started on that neck.
kek what neck.
jokes aside yeah the joints used weren't the best choices, and the lack of extra faces (and/or extra hat-less head) was dissapointing
luigi got a little more room in the shoulders at least, thanks to his height compared to mario, but he has even less range of motion in the neck, and it's even harder to it take off. while i still like them, i admit that bandai should have made a better work on them
>>
It's pretty clear Bandai doesn't give a fuck about their Mario line and just pumps them out for easy money.

Why is Bowser so small?
>>
>>5549811
Because /v/ posters are as obnoxious as their board. The average poster in /v/ is already pretty much how subjectautism is for /toy/.

They come here and act like they know everything about the toy industry and get extremely assblasted when /toy/ corrects them, see that thread about the guy who thought polygonal action figures were a great idea. His entire argument was that since he wanted them that means everyone wanted them, and also the retarded idea that nostalgia=money, which unless you also make some token innovation in some way is totally untrue with toys. See the 3.75" Black Series for why going backwards kills a line.

And honestly the /tv/ posters are just as bad as /v/.

>>5549866
Ignore him, he's a Newfag that thinks he's old. And yeah, when Link and Samus came out the board was practically flooded by /v/ hamhand threads as they complained about breaking their figures and expecting /toy/ to tell them how to fix it or cheat their way to a free replacement or something.
>>
>>5549811
We don't. It's just some insane autists that throw a fit.
>>
>>5549958
The worst wasn't even the hamhanders. The newbies who missed preorders and the actual release months ago then complained about the companies "not making enough".

Or the idiots bitching about 'viral marketing" every time a figure gets mentioned. That paranoia was pure /v/. No real toy company is lurking here to advertise.
>>
>>5549811
Because we hate filthy /v/ trash like you. Vidya arent fun, there nothing but pixalated shit.
>>
>>5549934
Because it is based on his appereance on Mario bros. He is almost the size of mario.
>>
>>5549934
I think it's more likely that the Mario figs are kept faithful to the 2D games since those are way more popular, especially in Japan. Look through all the promo photos and you'll see every pose is based on the 2D games rather than the 3D ones.

Bowser is pretty damn small and overpriced however, I guess he was a total afterthought since he wasn't going to sell well to begin with.
>>
File: 1434334208063.png (235 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1434334208063.png
235 KB, 500x500
/v/ cross posters bringing their bad habits over

>Spider-Man toy thread
>People discussing Spider-Man toys
>Mention the Mafex ASM2 Spider-Man looking pretty promising
>Get called a Sonygger shill for posting about a Spider-Man figure in a Spider-Man thread
>>
>>5550318
lol, /v/ is cancer and can't keep their mouth shut. feels good knowing how much cancer they are
>>
>>5549958
>he's a Newfag that thinks he's old
Yeah, claiming that something has been happening for a few months totally = "thinks he is le oldfag"
There have literally been near-daily Buyfag threads on /v/ for the past 3-4 months with tons of people being told to go to /toy/ with questions and such.
Obviously that's not the only reason that /v/ has a bad reputation here but it's certainly a factor in all the recent videogame toy arguments.
>>
forward slash. forward slash.
>>
Not to mention
>bitching about how most Japanese toys are based on anime characters
>>
>>5550329
thats not fucking true holy shit do they not even look into anything that isn't talked about on the buyf/a/g? why the fuck are /v/-tards, /v/-kuns and /v/-mos this fucking stupid?
>>
File: Force Unleashed Rancor.jpg (26 KB, 300x281) Image search: [Google]
Force Unleashed Rancor.jpg
26 KB, 300x281
Its mostly just bt/a/rds shitting up the board bringing in the hostility from /a/ to /toy/, and just trying to be as unhelpful as /a/ usually is.

To point:
>>>5549814 Videogame related merch has actual been a rarity
This is actually false, because he only means "muh anime toy brands rarely made video game merch" and is angry that his brand is making things he doesn't like.

Video game toys have never been rare and dozens of video game lines are released every single year.
>>
File: neca army of two.jpg (228 KB, 600x628) Image search: [Google]
neca army of two.jpg
228 KB, 600x628
>>5550532
forgot to mention that video game toy threads were never rare on /toy/ either.
The previously mentioned force unleashed line was pretty popular on /toy/ for a while.
Halo thread was always buzzing, especially during the Reach video game was released. Then there were the NECA threads about Dead Space, Castlevania, and Resident Evil toys.
Metal Gear had threads too, same with Final Fantasy, from Play Arts. The KNex threads for the Mario lines. SOTA Toys Street Fighter threads. Devil May Cry from Revoltech and Play Arts.

But as soon as the purity waifu line (Figma) got Nintendo figures, the weeaboos on /toy/ lost their shit.

I remember when the threads about NECA's Ryu were so damn chill and comfy, discussing what other figures would be cool to have.
>>
>>5549811
For the same reason that it hates so many other toys. /toy/ is, on average, very poor. Not that toys in general aren't moving to luxury pricing, mind you. But that Mario in OP's post was dirt cheap and still nobody will touch it.
>>
>>5549833
>having been mostly exposed to /v/ they have bad attitudes and are generally obnoxious
I like how the implication here is that /toy/ isn't also full of angry, obnoxious man-children. Because it is.
>>
>>5550622
But children don't play with toys anymore and /v/ is full of them, which is why their shitty attitude obviously paints them as /v/ scum

>hey guys lets defend /v/ and shit this board

no thank you, /v/-kun
>>
>>5550627
I'm not defending /v/. I'm saying /toy/ is just as bad.
>>
>/toy/ is bad
>/v/ is good

no thank you
>>
File: 1457197035641.png (134 KB, 367x469) Image search: [Google]
1457197035641.png
134 KB, 367x469
>>5550532
>>5550540

This is subjectanon isn't it?
fuck off with your weeaboogeyman nonsense.
>>
File: image.jpg (164 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164 KB, 800x800
hey guys. this is going to be my first figma. does anyone know where I can order it? this is my first time doing this haha.
>>
>>5550711
Ali has it
>>
>>5550696
>implying /a/ isn't the reason for the shitstorming over other people getting into this hobby
Most people recognize >>5550711 as being the starting point for the "problem", yet the rest of /toy/ had no problems sharing the board talking about video game toys for years and years.

Intolerance is your motto.
>>
because every board has its boogeyman and /toy/s is apparently /v/ related shit. Mostly because of dumb /v/ newfags probably started the trend. But now the shitposting about it has gotten absurd (such as getting called a /v/tard for wanting video game toys but knowing how to actually preorder buy them)
>>
>>5550734
so you're saying figma link actually caused an influx of /a/ and not /v/?

that doesn't make sense. it's a beloved video game character. not moeshit that figma btw has been releasing forever.
/a/ also has their own buyfag thread, and probably already know how to order weebshit from japan. So it makes even less sense that /a/ would migrate to /toy/

but pls, talk out of your ass more.
>>
>>5550734
>yet the rest of /toy/ had no problems sharing the board talking about video game toys for years and years.
This.
I remember seeing Halo figure discussion on /toy/ long before the figma Link was announced. Link just made the majority of /v/ aware of /toy/
>>
File: sota hondhalsim2.jpg (188 KB, 1024x788) Image search: [Google]
sota hondhalsim2.jpg
188 KB, 1024x788
>>5550789
what?
I'm saying it's f/a/gs that have come to /toy/ that get all uppity over another fanbase coming to this board, even though it had already existed here since almost day one.

We really didn't get any "/v/ git out!" and other bothersome trolling until a Figma of a video game character was made, so it's pretty clear who's at fault
>>
>>5550811
I see, so you're saying /a/ has always been here and co-existed peacefully, until /v/ came, and now they troll the boards with "anti-/v/" rhetoric.

I guess that's possible.... but I don't know why you'd believe that and you don't seem to have a good reason or proof to believe that.
>>
File: cid_FFVII2.jpg (24 KB, 400x528) Image search: [Google]
cid_FFVII2.jpg
24 KB, 400x528
>>5550819
well, i can't really say why f/a/gs hate /v/ so much, but that's pretty much who is taking a piss everytime

As i said, they really didn't give a shit when we had hundreds of threads about video game toylines from western companies or even eastern lines sold in comic shops in the west.

So no, /v/ has been here as long as /a/ has. The shitstorming just didn't happen until a Figma was made of a /v/ series.
>>
File: 1427219884343.png (356 KB, 572x380) Image search: [Google]
1427219884343.png
356 KB, 572x380
>>5550825
>well, i can't really say why f/a/gs hate /v/ so much, but that's pretty much who is taking a piss everytime
and you know this...how? you feel it deep in your heart?
give me a break.
>>
File: alternate armor set.jpg (53 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
alternate armor set.jpg
53 KB, 500x500
>>5550835
well, how else can you explain who would throw a shitstorm over something like that when /v/ had been on /toy/ since the beginning?

True story, it wasn't until then that i found out why weeaboo toy threads was full of assholes and explained somethings about why they hate helping anyone. /q/ had started up at this time, where a thread explained /a/ hates popular shit and helping anyone. i also learned a few things from other boards too, such as /v/ being a shithole.
Pretty surprising, given that video game threads on /toy/ were, and still are, pretty good.
>>
Amiibo shit doesn't belong there's literally nothing to them outside of the collectable statue and vidya aspects.
>>
>>5550852
OP is not an amiibo

Also the series is pretty good and at a very low price point
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (78 KB, 1911x1071) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78 KB, 1911x1071
>>5550852
>literally nothing to them outside of the collectable statue and vidya aspects

That makes them different from other statues how?
>>
>>5550858

Nothing, hence why they don't belong on /toy/.
>>
File: 1337109201423.jpg (48 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
1337109201423.jpg
48 KB, 383x500
>>5550849
>well, how else can you explain who would throw a shitstorm over something like that when /v/ had been on /toy/ since the beginning?

nice god of the gaps there. but this iss all pure speculation on your part.
I don't even believe in the /v/ boogeyman, but your explanation is even more ridiculous.
at least people that claim the /v/ invasion have somewhat of a reason, that figma link and samus was the catalyst for an influx of shitposting.

you don't even have that. your "reason" is reading about /q/ shittalking other boards? in this post >>5550825 you state that "/v/ has been here as long as /a/ has." but /a/ just decides to shit on /v/ here because vidya characters get made?

give me a fucking break.
>>
File: neca player select.jpg (351 KB, 950x713) Image search: [Google]
neca player select.jpg
351 KB, 950x713
>>5550883
I stated my point way up here
>But as soon as the purity waifu line (Figma) got Nintendo figures, the weeaboos on /toy/ lost their shit.
My posts from then are just assuming you were talking about that.

Hence, /a/ being the fault.
Yeah, it's only a correlation and ignores the fact Revoltechs and Play Arts having video game toys since forever, but these toylines were so western friendly you could find them at Borders and comic shops since almost the beginning.

So all things being equal, if things like this nary get so much as an eye twitch and it's Figmas and D-Arts video game stuff getting shitstormed...
>>
>>5549814
Did you have a stoke while typing this?
>>
File: 1431346595728.png (83 KB, 300x314) Image search: [Google]
1431346595728.png
83 KB, 300x314
>>5550913
>My posts from then are just assuming you were talking about that.

>"please pay attention to this one sentence and not the entirety of my ridiculousness."

there's no reason why you should believe these things. your "reason" is "why don't NECA player select figures get shitstorms?"
really? a fucking dead line no one cares about, from games no one cares about ( except Dead Space).? not even worth a troll's effort because no one would be pissed off.

also I find it ironic that you, of all people, are criticizing others for causing shitstorms.
but maybe that's why you're doing it. creating this strange headcannon so you can figure out why /toy/ hates you without feeling like a piece of shit.
literally trying to scapegoat /a/ for the shitstorms you cause.

and before you trot out the old gem "b-but only w-weebshit threads end in shitstorms because they c-can't handle my different opinions!!"
this is a lie. You've caused shitstorms in Dark Souls, 80's nostalgia, and figure stand threads. and that's just off the top of my head....

subjectanon, if you really want to be accepted by /toy/ you'll have to change your ways, take some personal responsibility and stop blaming others for your failures in online interaction.

assuming you're not just a huge troll.
>>
It's mostly lingering resentment over the shitposting that Link and Samus brought in, combined with the fact that a lot of stupid questions seem to be related largely to Nintendo characters. Like, there's a general understanding of how most Japanese figure companies work - it takes a long time to go from announcement to prototype to release, and it's uncommon for companies to make more than one or two figures from a given license - but without fail, people always ask shit like "when will they announce a Nendoroid Dedede and Meta Knight and Waddle Dee, because Kirby happened?" or "when will they announce Figma Captain Falcon because they did some other characters who happened to appear in Super Smash Bros.?" In short, a big flood of newfags, for better or worse.

It's not that video game toys are a bad thing, it's just that people are annoyed with having to answer the same questions over and over again.
>>
>>5550990
>there's no reason why you should believe these things. your "reason" is "why don't NECA player select figures get shitstorms?"
>why didn't McFarlane's Halo get shitstormed?
>Why didn't Hasbro's Force Unleashed lines get shitstormed?
Lots and lots of lines from lots of lots of companies were virtually ignored by the shitstormers who want /v/ to get out. Like i said, i didn't even know /v/ was hated until then, because /toy/ didn't have shitposters crying out that they didn't like /v/ until that Zelda figuer was announced

>also I find it ironic that you, of all people, are criticizing others for causing shitstorms.
Why is this ironic?
It's already proven that weeaboos get super super angry for pointing out how flawed your toys are.
All the way back since Figma Robocop and i criticized it for having a soft sculpt and simplistic paint job.
Is it a coincidence that shitposters started saying /v/ to get out when the Zelda figma was first shown? Its a mighty large coincidence made of lead.

It's just flat out intolerance of you guys not being able to share the board or "your" toyline. I'm not exactly sure.
>>
File: brutes.jpg (95 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
brutes.jpg
95 KB, 500x333
>>5551010
> In short, a big flood of newfags, for better or worse.
>It's not that video game toys are a bad thing, it's just that people are annoyed with having to answer the same questions over and over again.
Yet, the rest of the board had no problem answering questions about Halo, Street Fighter, Player Select, etc etc etc.
It's one of those things i learned from /q/, that /a/ hates "spoonfeeding n00bs" even getting angry about recommendations... even though the rest of 4chan has no problems.

I really miss the old Halo threads, since people were always giving advice on how to make the McFarlane figures more poseable, even with a picture guide on where to cut the joints.
>>
>subjectanon even manages to shit up a thread like this with his delusional nonsense
For fuck's sake
>>
>>5551031
how do you explain away the other non-weeaboo threads you've shat up?

not your fault? weeaboo sleeper agents planted in the thread?
did weeaboo's assassinate Kennedy?
>>
File: mario knex.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
mario knex.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>5551067
>how do you explain away the other non-weeaboo threads you've shat up?
No one is allowed to talk about Figuarts having poor sculpts without saying how they're the greatest.
This is true in non-weeaboo threads too. You guys will get butthurt anywhere.

And this thread? Pointing out that no one had a problem with /v/ until the Zelda Figma?
I mean, the fact that people in this thread don't even acknowledge the fact we had 3 years of no one giving a shit about /v/ until then is a very strong pointing of fingers to who it's a problem with.
>>
>>5551079
>This is true in non-weeaboo threads too. You guys will get butthurt anywhere.

by "you" do you mean /toy/ or weeaboogeymen?
so your saying weeabos shit up non-weeaboo threads, because they're butthurt by what you say about non-weeaboo things?
k, whatever you say guy.
also it's interesting you always happen to be in these threads being destroyed by "weeaboos".
just a coincidence? Its a mighty large coincidence made of lead. wouldn't you say?
>>
>>5551109
>also it's interesting you always happen to be in these threads being destroyed by "weeaboos".
I'm in a lot of threads.
The fact I don't have 3 or 4 people railing on me because i said something bad about a Spider-Man figure or Superman looking like he's wearing pajamas just shows what type of people get the most butthurt by someone not liking their toys.

Also, I'm rarely in threads being destroyed by people hating on /v/, but I do note what's going on.

BTW, when did you start obsessing about me? In what thread did i butthurt you the most that you started to follow me (which may or may not be me, since you guys love accusing random people) around?
>>
>>5551126
>Also, I'm rarely in threads being destroyed by people hating on /v/,
This is true, because A.It doesn't happen often B.you're in threads being destroyed by you

>when did you start obsessing about me?
ever since I saw you through your parent's basement window I knew I had to argue over the internet with you <3
>>
>>5551126
>The fact I don't have 3 or 4 people railing on me because i said something bad about a Spider-Man figure or Superman looking like he's wearing pajamas just shows what type of people get the most butthurt by someone not liking their toys.
Well let's see. Maybe it's because
A) They're actually cheaper toys and people are already well-aware of their flaws
B) Your "criticisms" of them lack the very obvious hateboner you have for "weeb figures". In other words, when you're criticizing a brand you like, you don't try as hard to sound like a massive condescending jackass.
C) You don't go out of your way to shit on those figures EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN TIME they're so much as mentioned like you do with SHF Luke and Iron Man.
Like are you fucking kidding right now or is your view of the world really this fucking warped? Your behavior absolutely changes depending on what you're "criticizing".

Also I don't know about that other guy, but there's a difference between obsessing over you and getting absolutely sick of your constant presence on this board. You're absolutely the worst poster here and I can sincerely promise you that if you get a trip I will end any "obsession" I have with you by blocking your dumbass. But you'll never do that because you're too obsessed with getting attention so you can swing your dick around and stroke your own pathetic ego.
>>
>>5550913
fucking Neca. I loved [Prototype] but their toys sucked.. i wouldve loved a Mercer or the other guy fighting my Hulk
>>
>>5551223
That photo contains so much good and bad.

Neca's Isaac Clarke is still one of the best figures they've ever made, and the articulation is pretty damn good for an older figure.
And then there's Alex Mercer, which has early 2000's Mcfarlane-tier articulation; nothing below the waist other than maybe boot swivels and dogshit cut joints on the arms, what an awful figure.
Dante's inferno is a strange one, I like their attempt at using real cloth but the figure itself just looks kinda weird.
>>
File: 1457804990570.gif (2 MB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1457804990570.gif
2 MB, 500x333
>>5550532

You're completely false.

Nintendo had a very strict policy when it came to merch due to weird old Jap business sensibilities where they feel like merchandising a character in a movable form diminishes the brand somehow. They don't like exploitable versions of their characters. (This is why there was that Evo drama with Smash, they retardedly did not want people making their IPs fight each other) Look at Nintendo figures pre-2012. They're either vinyl figures or figurines for the most part. There's a reason why the Toybiz Zelda and Mario Kart figures go for a fuckload, and I shouldn't even have to mention the Epoch Majora's Mask line.

It's partially due to the Wii U underperforming that we even have what we're getting now. If NX somehow manages to bring them back to Wii level sales, expect the figure market to dry up as Nintendo continues to have weird delusions of pedigree. I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinue Amiibo sooner than fans would like.
>>
>>5550916
If I had to guess he typed it on a phone.
>>
>>5551208
>muh toys aren't cheap thus they're the bestest ever and above criticism!!!!
That's all I'm getting from your post.
And that's some really shitty assumptions, considering the fact that pajamas and cloth usually means the toy is a doll, thus pretty expensive. Like, more expensive than the toys you get butthurt over if someone criticizes their poor sculpt.

>is your view of the world really this fucking warped?
Says the guy thinking I'm somehow harsher on Japanese toys than i am western ones. If anything, I'm probably harsher on western toys, especially ones like Mattel because of how shit they are. But again, no one really rails against me when i almost literally shit on them.
Also, way to shift the topic, all because you're obsessed with me.
You're only showing how you guys can't really handle being on a board where there are a variety of interests. Just deal with the fact that /v/ has been here as long as you and have been sharing the board perfectly fine, instead of getting super flustered that not everyone is going to like the same shit you do in the same way.
>>
File: 2056641388_5a0bf0de2d_z.jpg (102 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
2056641388_5a0bf0de2d_z.jpg
102 KB, 640x427
>>5551348
>If anything, I'm probably harsher on western toys
oh man....you have zero self-awareness. that guy is right, you are warped

>Also, way to shift the topic, all because you're obsessed with me.
You always assume you're arguing with one person huh...
>"arguing with me and holding me accountable to things I've said in the past?...you must be obsessed with me."
This is actually a dirty tactic used by SJW-types to deflect criticism.

>you guys can't really handle being on a board where there are a variety of interests.
this is coming from the guy who called someone a liar, for having a different opinion
>>
File: mario shit.jpg (18 KB, 237x355) Image search: [Google]
mario shit.jpg
18 KB, 237x355
>>5551298
Is it just Nintendo that's getting a bunch of whinos crying for their fans to leave?

Either way, i do remember people always making threads about the Zelda and Mario toys.
Their threads were pretty untouched though and the Knex threads really didn't have problems either, but the Knex stuff pretty much came out the same time the Figma Link figure was announced.
Still, the Figma stuff had way more vocal hate about who was buying it

Hard to believe this crap was the most popular Nintendo toys for a while on /toy/.
>>
>>5551010
>"when will they announce Figma Captain Falcon because they did some other characters who happened to appear in Super Smash Bros.?"
Oh my god those are the fucking worst. That fucking retard saying "Of course a Nendoroid of Ryu is about to come out, they just did Kirby and Mega-Man, it's Nendoroids Smash-line. Who do I email to tell them to change it to a Figma, though?".

I got three cancers talking to that retard.
>>
>>5551079
>Pointing out that no one had a problem with /v/ until the Zelda Figma?
Because, as said multiple times in this thread already, that and the Samus figure brought in a lot of obnoxious newfags from /v/, and since then that particular brand of obnoxiousness and newfaggotry has been associated with /v/.

Hence why we do have good video game toyline threads since now and forever, because those are made by /toy/ soldiers who actually understand how things actually work. In which case the "/v/ get out" shitposters are newfags that think it's a meme instead of something actual, much like how they thought calling someone subjectautism, peon or greg was a meme, instead of actual cancerous shitposters that /toy/ would be a better place without.
>>
>>5551382
>you have zero self-awareness
Says the guy who doesn't pay attention to the western threads where i post.
You guys have proven that you don't know who i am and that you really don't pay attention unless someone speaks badly about your brand. So you wouldn't know or care when i did say something bad about western figures.

>You always assume you're arguing with one person huh...
3-4 guys, as I've said. I'm just lumping you guys together. BTW, is it still the same guys from /q/? I remember those threads where i was mentioned and there were two unique posters everytime.
>This is actually a dirty tactic
I'm just saying that you guys have a really warped view about me and what i say, because you guys ARE obsessed with me. There's no question about it.
You are trying to derail the thread just because you noticed me.
>>
>>5551404
Honestly, i really haven't noticed a difference in the quality of /toy/ since its first 3 months.

i'd actually say /toy/ was worse pre-2010, because of the lack of moderation. So it was way more obnoxious before then. And that's around the time some of our regs started leaving, because of the idiots taking advantage of that (other regs left because of moderation).

One meme replaces another, but it's all the same shit to me. Same with hating on certain groups (before it was shinkis, now it's /v/?).
Pretty fucking dumb, but that's just the way it goes.
>>
>>5551433
The Shinki hate really died down a lot because of generals popping up. Going into a general to shitpost or troll takes a lot more effort and dedication than just doing it to a random thread on its own.

And like I've said before, it's not so much as looking down on /v/ stuff, it's looking down on newfags from /v/ (and at least personally the newfags from /tv/) that think this board works the same way theirs do.
>>
>>5551408
>"You guys make me behave like an asshole!!"
always blaming others for your own shortcomings and failures is no way to go through life subjectanon.

I've seen western threads you post in. usually you jerk yourself off to DCD and Jae Lee's art. why would people get upset about that?

>"You're obesessed with meeeee!!!"
you say a lot of dumb things. Things that need squashing
>>
>>5551408
>I'm just saying that you guys have a really warped view about me and what i say, because you guys ARE obsessed with me. There's no question about it.
No, we're just able to smell your bullshit and are tired of smelling it.

You're the one obsessed with /toy/, you come here even though you don't collect toys, do anything to start an argument (swappable hands vs articulated fingers, really?) and are shocked that people don't like you here.

If you weren't obsessed with /toy/ then why would you even come to a board where no one likes you or wants to put up with your bullshit?
>>
>>5551298

The subject is general video game toys.

You are talking about one specific publisher.
>>
File: StarFox.png (777 KB, 1600x836) Image search: [Google]
StarFox.png
777 KB, 1600x836
That feel when the mystery accessory is just a tiny arwing and not a pair of expert mode sunglasses you can put on Fox.
>>
Pretty sure it's been mentioned already but when we were revelaed to /v/ thanks to someone pointing them in our direction after a certain figmas were revealed, they came here without learning the propper board etiquette, same happened when /v/'s presence was revealed to /b/ and they pissed on the well until it was a piss well.

I'm not against videogame related toys but preventing this board from becomming a /v/ colony should be everybody's task, external board culture like "winter ball", "board tans" or any meta faggotry from outside should stay outside, in the long run they're gateways for shitposters.
>>
>>5549831
Trust me, /toy/ is superior to /v/
only one thing on that board is unanimously defended, and that one thing is the worst youtuber alive.
>>
>>5551408
>You guys have proven that you don't know who i am
Your posts are incredibly easy to spot you annoying idiot.
>>
>>5553439
Surprised that Nintendo actually allowed them to do a figure of his old design.
>>
>>5551391
>Is it just Nintendo that's getting a bunch of whinos crying for their fans to leave?
I think this is where it all started. When we started getting Mega Man D-arts's, i never really noticed an "i want /v/ to leave" vibe. It started with getting Link/Samus figmas, and it became worse when we got amiibos
>>
>>5549814
SUDDENLY THE GAELIC LANGUAGE
>>
File: 3DS_StarFox64_2_char02_E3.png (2 MB, 3072x3072) Image search: [Google]
3DS_StarFox64_2_char02_E3.png
2 MB, 3072x3072
>>5554209
Well, his redesigned old design.
>>
>>5549814
I'll learn ye to gust...
>>
>>5553439
I actually want it just for the tiny arwing.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.