[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Spider-Man figures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 20
File: 7856342.jpg (197 KB, 419x750) Image search: [Google]
7856342.jpg
197 KB, 419x750
Best Spider-Man figures?
>>
File: SPIDERMAAAANS-smaller.jpg (2 MB, 2000x2873) Image search: [Google]
SPIDERMAAAANS-smaller.jpg
2 MB, 2000x2873
The middle one in this pic is quite nice, from the second Raimi film. Great sculpt and very flexible articulation.

Mine has been sitting in an old toy bin for years, and it's joints are weak in places though.
>>
The ones that get most commonly recommended are the Toybiz McFarlane Spidey, the Marvel Legends Pizza Spidey, and the Mafex ASM2 Spidey. I'm partial to the Pizza Party, but a lot of people really prefer the McFarlane because of its sculpted detail and articulation versus Pizza Party's painted-on lines and slightly hindered hips. It's pretty expensive, though, and not really worth it if you're not 100% on-board with the design. The Mafex ASM2 has pretty good articulation but the paint job is incredibly shiny and is off-putting to some.
>>
File: pTRU1-16768287dt.jpg (48 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-16768287dt.jpg
48 KB, 500x500
>>5547359
>Marvel Legends Pizza Spidey,
How about Marvel Legends, sans pizza? The sculpt looks pretty similar, and it's cheaper.
>>
I got the Mafex AS2 Spidey, really love him. Get the set that comes with all the acsessories though
>>
>>5547410
Those gaping shoulders are bad tough, if you can look past that then its ok I guess.
>>
S.H. Figuarts Spider-Man (Civil War)
>>
File: sup.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
sup.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
the one that came with the sinister six pack is pretty cool, but maybe you will not like the face
>>
>>5547448
why is he so dirty
>>
>>5547451
if you mean the black marks, then it's the weathering that some toybiz figures used to have,
if not then i'm not so sure, i tend to pose him regularly, maybe the photo and the lighitng weren't that good.
>>
>>5547448
It always comes back to Toybiz
>>
>>5547476
shame toybiz didnt make a spidergwen
>>
>>5547410
That's not Pizza Spidey...
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 800x591) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 800x591
It's completely outdated by modern 1/6 standards, but I've always liked the look of this Medicom RAH Spider-Man based on the 90's Bagley art.
>>
>>5547448
Sinister six pack is an awesome name for a beer company.
>>
>>5547459
I meant the wash. He looks like he just rolled out of a garbage bin.
>>
>>5547501
Not when it comes to female figures. Hasbro has them beat in that department. Toybiz females were tranny twigs. Hasbros are THICK.
>>
>>5547442
I can't wait for the shitposting about Figuarts Spider Man. It'll be like Figuarts Luke Skywalker all over again.
>>
>>5547509
Can you read, homie?
>>
>>5547442
When I get it, I'm sure as fuck painting over the blue slits on the red areas to make it work as a comic Spider-man. Damn movie costume designers can't leave well enough alone.

On the brightside it'll also make a perfect SH Figuarts Supaidaman.
>>
File: tumblr_msz6qhpR9A1sqap8qo1_500.jpg (35 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msz6qhpR9A1sqap8qo1_500.jpg
35 KB, 500x333
>>5547834
>Tamashii announce an SHF Spider-Man in the Civil War release window
>Pictures finally go up
>It's Supaidaman

How would you react? Pic related for me.
>>
>>5547839

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg

Honestly though, you just know he's gong to have an alt head for the squint.
>>
ive had one of these in box for years and i have no idea what to do with it
>>
File: pizza time.jpg (110 KB, 1138x621) Image search: [Google]
pizza time.jpg
110 KB, 1138x621
I happend to very much like my pizza party spiderman
>>
>>5547410
It's got better range of motion in the legs than Pizza, but the carved in webs are a little gross. Also, tiny tiny Trump hands.

>>5547551
I need proof that this is based on Bagley art, because that's clearly McFarlane.

>>5547834
This gaps in the red are black.
>>
>>5547888
It looks like Pizza Pete is the only way to go.

Here's hoping there's one for less than $40 on eBay.
>>
I love the new scarlet spider and the black costume from the red hulk BAF wave.
>>
>>5548147
No, not at all. If you're getting into $40 territory you really should go Mafex.
>>
File: 6101047450293.jpg (38 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
6101047450293.jpg
38 KB, 470x470
Anyone have this? I like the sculpt better than Pizza Spidey but the articulation seems just under par.
>>
>>5547888
...magnets?
>>
>>5548197
Now I want that for the empty mask accessory...
>>
>>5548315
>Weebo chinko ching chong toys

Please get a tripcode so I can filter you.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 752x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 752x564
>>5547902
Turns out we're both wrong. I thought the box art was Bagley, it's actually Erik Larsen...
>>
>>5548197
Wait, what spider-man this is? Some new select?
>>
>>5548608
Yes. Reviews suggest it's pretty good.
>>
>what's the best spidey?
The version that Figuarts will put out for the civil war movie.
>>
>>5548664
It will be a shame to replace pizza-man when figuarts comes out. Maybe I'll keep him out, but on a different shelf.
>>
>>5547876
>tfw i've always wanted a symbiot Spidey but never found one
>>
>>5548708
doesn't the next wave have symbiot spider-man?
>>
>>5548773
actually I might be thinking of superior venom.
>>
File: SpiderMan10-Front.jpg (197 KB, 537x812) Image search: [Google]
SpiderMan10-Front.jpg
197 KB, 537x812
Definitely not the best, but my favorite.

10' 1994 TAS figure. He's very cartoonish and brightly colored.
>>
File: asm314-spidey-crouch-230a7.jpg (91 KB, 450x400) Image search: [Google]
asm314-spidey-crouch-230a7.jpg
91 KB, 450x400
From what I can say, the big problem with the two current best options, the Mafex, and the Pizza Spidey, is that both don't feel like their articulation layout was designed with Spider-man in mind. Both figures have otherwise good or great articulation, but they still can't manage some basic, classic Spider-man poses. And even if they can, it feels very forced and not natural looking.

Toy biz was smart about that, their articulated Spideys were all specially planned just to be Spider-man. He'd always get he absolute best articulation they could manage. Even then, their articulation layout is starting to feel very dated. Even on the beloved McFarlane Spidey, he still suffers from things like those terrible rotating ball hip joints that Toy Biz loved.

That's where the likely SH figuarts comes in. SHF aims for the ability to do screen accurate poses, and Spider-man will probably do a lot of classic poses in the movie. So I expect the SHF will get the best possible articulation, even if I wish the costume was closer to the comics. It'll probably be the best Spider-man figure.
>>
Any [spoiler] Spider-Ham [/spoiler] toys/figures?
>>
>>5549026
I really like SH Figuarts, and I mean a LOT. I think they're consistently one of the best-quality, best-value toylines out there for collectors.

That said, they've shown an alarming willingness to half-ass things in the past (One Piece, Naruto, Sailor Moon, etc), and they also don't necessarily 'get' what it is fans want from a figure straight out of the gate. Case in point the Star Wars Figuarts - while it's rapidly becoming one of my favourite toylines ever, the first two releases - Vader and the OT Stormtrooper - showed a serious disconnect between Tamashii and understanding what Star Wars fans want from an action figure. We got a midget Vader rife with inaccuracies, with a cape and tabard that literally only look good in Kamen Rider-style extreme martial arts poses and without even the capacity to hang his lightsaber from his belt. The Stormtrooper failed to be entirely screen-accurate and underwhelmed with limited articulation and a small accessory count (although in their defence it was cheaper than most Figuarts on release, probably to encourage army building). They've since largely learned from those mistakes and started prioritising accuracy and smart, character-appropriate articulation.

What I'm driving at here, is that their first pass at Spider-Man may well be a disappointment if they don't appreciate that most, if not all, Spider-Man fans want a figure that can almost tie itself in knots. Fortunately, I'd imagine with two more Avengers movies on the way as well as new Spider-Man movies too, they'll have several chances to get it right.
>>
>>5549150
Spider-Man is a karate bugman. He'll be fine.
>>
File: FIGURE-014602_10.jpg (35 KB, 654x800) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-014602_10.jpg
35 KB, 654x800
>>5549150
For someone that says they like Figuarts alot you seem to not know that they've been doing the MCU figures for a while now, or the fact that there've been good Star Wars figuarts since Vader and the trooper...

Besides, Spider-man has so much less details in his suit that pretty much everything Figuarts have ever done before. I can see it pretty much being a slightly modified/painted Body-Kun, so it should have all the Body-Kun levels of articulation.
>>
Anybody upgrading to Figuarts want to sell me their pizza Spidey? I skipped it because I had just bought the previous ASM2 Spidey and now I feel dumb.
>>
>>5549538
I suggest you improve your reading comprehension.

>It's rapidly becoming one of my favourite toylines ever
>The first two releases - Vader and the OT Stormtrooper - showed a serious disconnect between Tamashii and understanding what Star Wars fans want from an action figure
>They've since largely learned from those mistakes and started prioritising accuracy and smart, character-appropriate articulation

I've got seven Star Wars SHFs on my desk right now, along with Bruce Lee, Robin Mask and Warsman. I also have every Iron Man they've released thus far.
>>
>>5549538
>>5549569
if the hypotetical spidey figuarts happens, best case scenario would be he will use body kun's articulation set up, and the pull down hips for his crawling poses. in the meantime we can use figuarts domon as an idea of how they could make spiderman, too
>>
>>5549595
Realistically the perfect Spider-Man figure needs extreme hip and shoulder articulation to pull off poses like this >>5549026 or the other McFarlane/Bagley staples of his legs coming up to/over his shoulders like a contortionist.
>>
File: spider domon.jpg (157 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
spider domon.jpg
157 KB, 800x600
>>5549627
that and he needs a good enough torso range as well
looking at body kun, the body seems to be a more upgraded domon, whose base body was used in promotional pics of almost every stand and effect piece bandai produced; here i tried to recreate a spidey-like pose: domon here needs a torso for a better crouching pose so his hands can touch the ground, and the hips needs the pull down joints so we can turn them, and make the knees almost the shoulders, i think the shoulder for him works good enough
>>
>>5550004
Its funny, older SHFs are actually better articulated in some ways because they traded aesthetics for articulation.
>>
>>5548197
>>5548608
>>5548634
I have it. I like it better than the Pizza Spidey. articulation is basically on par with pizza spidey after the leg mod. It's my go to spidey now
>>
>>5550010
i think depends on the figure, looking a body kun, he doesn't have that much range in the shoulders compared to domon, and i think the few things that the former has better (at least looking at the pics, can't wait to get him in any case) are the ankles, and neck.
i tried to recreate the pose with my kamen rider ZO, and he can't that's mainly because of his torso, i will try to recreate it with my megaman zero, he has quite the shoulder range even though he doesn't have a bicep swivel
>>
File: spider robo and spider bug.jpg (158 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
spider robo and spider bug.jpg
158 KB, 800x600
>>5550023
well here it is, Zero fares it better than ZO imo, even with the lack of bicep swivel
>>
File: microman spiderman.jpg (22 KB, 296x347) Image search: [Google]
microman spiderman.jpg
22 KB, 296x347
>>5549538
>you seem to not know that they've been doing the MCU figures for a while now, or the fact that there've been good Star Wars figuarts since Vader and the trooper...
I think you're only speaking about the line on behalf of all fanboys, because they are known for half-assing shit. They don't even bother to accurately sculpt the faces in, instead choosing to animize or fake it using 2d printer technology.

That said, i don't get why that guy is worried. It's so easy to make a Spider-Man that even a half assed attempt can look good and would be the most poseable spiderman ever.
>>
>>5547448
Where'd you get the Guyver?
>>
>>5550070
>Ahhh? Did you just say something, kid?
>>
>>5550626
that's the figma, i got it like a year ago. i think he pops in mandarake from time on time around 6000 yen, a bit small but really love him
>>
File: mvc_spiderman.gif (2 KB, 106x95) Image search: [Google]
mvc_spiderman.gif
2 KB, 106x95
Is there a single spiderman that can do the MVC2 pose?
>>
>>5551091
Sweet man. I used to have the first VHS tape as a kid and watched the fuck out of it. Completely forgot about it until now

Deffs have to get him
>>
File: MvsC-8.jpg (467 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
MvsC-8.jpg
467 KB, 1024x682
>>5551596
Not even the actual MVC Spidey figure can.
>>
>>5551703
>this is the only strider figure that will ever be sold
It fucking hurts.
>>
>>5551596
I've actually got my Mafex ASM spidey in a facsimile of the pose. He just can't do the abcrunch as well.
>>
File: 1426089870030.jpg (320 KB, 1656x824) Image search: [Google]
1426089870030.jpg
320 KB, 1656x824
>>5551596
Somebody did one with Pizza Spidey on the pose like perfectly.
>>
>>5547351
the aSM2 has a ton of joins but they aren't done well and the overall range of motion and poseability still suck
>>
>>5551596
>>5551788

Man this just looks like an awkward as hell pose
>>
McFarlane Spidey is still the best unless you want something rubbery and can't actually crouch or do any signature Spidey poses.

May Bandai here our cries someday.
>>
>>5551788

Yeah it's modded.
>>
>>5551598
in the figma general weeks ago someone posted a tweet that there are plans for a guyver III as well and a female guyver
>>
>>5547351
w2c
>>
>>5549538
Except he clearly mentions those things, fuck off shill.
>>
>>5547839
It would be the first Marvel SHF I'd actually buy.

I could recreate this photo too
>>
>>5547442
Has this been confirmed?
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.