[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Customs General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115
File: _cg2.jpg (361 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
_cg2.jpg
361 KB, 1000x1000
Post your custom projects here. Mods, fixes, repaints, 3D printed stuff, or whatever else you're working on. Share tips, ask for help, offer advice, and have fun!
>>
>dat dinosaur
Why is this not on pegs everywhere?
>>
Lol you used that WFT out of spite didn't you. Imo that one looks like shit too.
>>
>Forgot to add this, went offline for a bit.
Here's some tips from the previous threads:

For sculpting: use 2-part epoxy putty like Aves apoxie, Magic Sculpt or fixit.

For tools: try a basic carving/sculpting set like the kind arts & crafts stores have.
Dental tools have also been said to work well.
Also, using a Dremel is recommended. Minimites (the small $20-25 ones) are fine for starting out, but the battery life is poor. Upgrade to a corded one only if you want to get deeper into customizing. They are useful for stuff outside of the hobby though, so it's a good investment regardless.

For paints: use acrylics. Paint in multiple, thin coats. Brands like Vallejo/P3/Citadel are recommended, because of pigment quality.

Use a sealer when finished to protect your work. There are matte varieties and sealers that give a glossy look. As with painting, use multiple thin coats.

A flex shaft attachment on a Dremel is a godsend and relatively inexpensive. The grinding shield is also pretty useful, but you can improvise one using a cut open soda bottle.
>>
>>5544017

Wow, the guy doing the figma wii fit girl did a great job improving his figure, it looked like shit at the beginning.

I hope he posts how he did it.
>>
>>5544079
Not really out of spite, I was looking for that image earlier to see if he'd like to use a more accurate body. I think the ML White Tiger or Moonstone would make a good base since they're already white.
>>
If one wanted to make a the closest Rebel Without a Cause James Dean figure out of various figuarts parts, what figures would work best.?
>>
>>5544017
Holy shit that Starship Troopers arachnid Transformer. I'd pay good money for that.
>>
>>5544089
That's not the same one. His was a Figma Archetype SHE. The one in OP is a different figure.
>>
>>5544327
>>5544089

Not even the same figure.
>>
>>5544331
>>5544327
>>
>>5544107
Aww, thank you OP <3.
Awesome, the proportions of the body look great, all except the head which looks rather long and goofy. Maybe I can use the figma she's head with this body though.

>>5544089
Lol :/
>>
>>5544107
And just looked up ML White Tiger and definitely see potential there
>>
File: 100_1336.jpg (2 MB, 3216x4288) Image search: [Google]
100_1336.jpg
2 MB, 3216x4288
>>
>>5544830
that looks fucking awesome, how are you doing those joints though? looks kinda like a bjd
>>
>>5545053
Thanks! That's exactly what it is. It was much easier them trying to make other joints.
>>
File: 1457551189808.png (459 KB, 1023x1390) Image search: [Google]
1457551189808.png
459 KB, 1023x1390
Somebody here once mentioned a type of toy snake that could be bent every which way and would actually hold its pose. Who was the maker of that one again?

Because somebody on /tg/ posted this house god concept and it's too adorable to pass up.
>>
>>5544331
Man this guy will probably never post here again after the thrashing we gave him
>>
File: 1455105282995.png (138 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1455105282995.png
138 KB, 500x333
>>5545456
Topkek

>I'm not mad

Then writes two paragraphs explaining why he isn't mad, and why every anon who bashed his figure is a troll.
>>
>>5545491
Don't forget

>m-my friends said it looks good!
>>
>>5544331
is that a kneaded eraser smooshed on her head?
>>
>>5545213
I think it was a Safari Ltd. king cobra that Croix used to make a custom Figma-compatible lamia tail. Though he did mention that he had to add a little more wire to add bending-ability to the the
At 2-3 inches of the tail.
>>
File: 1455110995214.jpg (30 KB, 342x359) Image search: [Google]
1455110995214.jpg
30 KB, 342x359
>>5545762
>>5545530
>>5545456
Remember anons

> I think i did at least a decent job on the hair.
>>
>>5545784
*to the last 2-3inches
>>
>>5544419
>>5544423
I think he sculpted his own head.

If you can find a female head with both ears sculpted, you could shave down the hair if it's all one piece, or remove the hair with some heat if it's two pieces like Capt. Marvel.

Look through reviews or collections to find a head and compare. Remember some heads will probably look too big on certain bodies. The BAF Jubilee might work, but you'd have to shave off the goggles, hair, etc...
>>
>>5545876
As someone with both a (bootleg) old-version Archetype She and a (legit) clear new-version of the Archetype she, let me just say that the old version was the wrong choice. The newer version has more defined facial features, articulated toes with bare feet, and has a far more realistic human sculpt.

Wii-Fit Trainer anon, save your first attempt as fodder for something else and get the newer version of the archetype she. The clear one has breasts that look bare, but the flesh-colored one coming out later looks like she actually is wearing a sports bra with how her breasts are designed.

Bootlegs of the old and new Archetype she's are plentiful on eBay, though I've only bought two of the old versions and none of the bootleg new version, so can't let you know about any issues the new version bootlegs have. If the bootlegs of the old version are any indication of what to expect, they'll be decent fodder provided that you take the time to sand imperfections and flash on the plastic, plus dip it in hot water to unstick tight joints. Nothing's broke on my first bootleg she, though one hand keeps unhinging and one hip joint has a tendency to pop off the ball despite the tightness.

Just remember to find a seller who has only been on eBay for less than 6yrs with as close to 100% positive rating. Few of the chicom sellers have 100% positive feedback, so check their neutral and bad reviews for specifics. If it's common in those neutral and bad reviews for products to never arrive then avoid the seller. Shipping usually takes 2wks to CONUS or so from China sellers, so the waiting game is nerve-wracking to see if it even gets there. Oh, and if there's no tracking, ask before buying. If they won't offer tracking then AVOID.

Still waiting on a bootleg Tsuchinoko gashapon from Hong Kong that I stupidly forgot to ask about tracking before hitting 'buy'. Might be in another week, but if it never shows by Day 40 I'm filing a dispute to get refunded.
>>
>>5545961
Really? I'm struggling to find a single new "next" bootleg figma.
>>
>>5545961
Ahhhh this is awesome information, thank you so much anon. Yep the figma: she i got was definitely a mistake but was so cheap that i had to give it a shot! Yep, maybe ill work again on the new figure as you suggested

Thank you
>>
>>5546006
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Art-Action-Figure-Doll-She-Transparent-Version-Figma-13cm-/172053816582?hash=item280f34e506:g:GykAAOSwoydWje-Y

It looks a little more realistic
>>
>>5546031
Yeah, I think this clear one of the Next was a Wonfes exclusive. Not sure, honestly. I got mine from an anon in the BST section for $40 shipped with the GSC book and all, sealed.

The flesh one coming soon has breasts that are 'flatter' that a femanon pointed out as being what tits look like in a sports bra.

I'm broke for the next two weeks, but I'll grab the bootleg Next when I can and see if it breaks as easily as my Saber Bride bootleg did. To be fair, I didn't use the warm-water pre-treatment before trying to move her parts, but my bootleg old-version archetype has been fine without ever heating it up. Weird.

Guess the Chinese upped their manufacturing (or my Saber was just a dud as far as bootlegs go).
>>
File: image.jpg (296 KB, 1434x1023) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296 KB, 1434x1023
Update on the Marvel Legends/ SW BS bare feet.

The WSF ones didn't turn out all that great in terms of attaching to the Hasbro pegs, but I tried out the same model in Elasto Plastic and aside from the heels looking too small they weren't half bad! Forgive the sloppy painted legs. Half-assed modded Spidergirl while I was bored.
>>
File: image.jpg (229 KB, 1229x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
229 KB, 1229x939
>>5546343
Another shot.
>>
File: image.jpg (268 KB, 1232x1101) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268 KB, 1232x1101
>>5546347
And another.
>>
File: image.jpg (354 KB, 1515x921) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354 KB, 1515x921
>>5546349
And one more.
>>
>>5546335
>Yeah, I think this clear one of the Next was a Wonfes exclusive. Not sure, honestly. I got mine from an anon in the BST section for $40 shipped with the GSC book and all, sealed.
It's a book promotional item that comes with some Figma book/magazine.
>>
Is Shapeways's strong & flexible material suitable to make a smooth surface on all angles after being painted over, or does it need additional finishing work?
Is it a relatively a smooth all-around material compared to those household printers with layers that look like spaghetti on the top and layers on the sides?
>>
>>5546407
It's definitely smoother by comparison to consumer level printers, but it needs clean up.
>>
>>5546407
Depends on the geometry, really. I had a 3-inch Andrewsarchus skull (3D scan file courtesy of the AMNH for free online) print out rather nicely even though the 'stepping' is visible though much finer.

Fine grit sandpaper will help tremendously at producing VERY smooth surfaces, but Shapeways' WSF polished is out of the box moderately low-grit in itself. Yeah, close up it shows and paint/dye shows it too, but yes it's far smoother than most home printers that haven't been fine-tuned perfectly. There are better options, Shapeways is good for quick production and simple or hobbyist stuff, I've found.
>>
>>5544331
JUST
>>
>>5545784
Thanks.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (30 KB, 397x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
30 KB, 397x500
>>5546031
this is the one they actually sell you, it's just a clear version of the standard archetype.
i bought one out of curiosity and it sucks balls compared the real one (misaligned pegs, rough moulds)
>>
Anyone have a side by side with figurarts master asia and the newer figma archetype he?
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 453x772) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 453x772
>>5546916
No, there are clear Next archetype bootlegs on eBay, you gotta look at the pictures carefully. The head on the the Next She is more realistically-proportioned with facial features and has actual toes that are hinged.

Yeah, QC on them sucks, but as fodder they aren't bad for their price.

Pic related is what you want to look for.
>>
>>5547045
>images in the listing ≠ the product you receive
>>
>>5546441
JUST what?
JUST fucking what?
Oh... You do NOT want to open up THIS can of beams... Heh, get it?
>>
>>5547064
You can always ask the seller if that's the one they are selling in simple English and post the picture for reference.
>>
>>5546916
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Figma-Archetype-She-Blank-Clear-Female-Action-Figure-Puzzle-F-S-/182042007651?hash=item2a628c9863:g:9I8AAOSwL7VWjR2M
>>
>>5547244
order it senpai
i guarantee it will not be an archetype next
>>
File: phicenfigurewoman.jpg (101 KB, 450x627) Image search: [Google]
phicenfigurewoman.jpg
101 KB, 450x627
Have any of you gotten your hands on one of these? I know they aren't meant for customs but they look pretty nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 640x480
>>5547453
My friend owns one. All I have to say is that even if the rubber body degrades, the metal armature underneath is on par with some of the stuff you see for claymation and is incredibly flexible inside or outside the rubber body.
>>
>>5547453
>have emulational woman secret parts
>>
>>5547538
emulational is a perfectly cromulent word
>>
>>5547531
That may be the case, but I imagine that most folks buy them for the soft boobies.
>>
>>5547651
People buy them because of the lack of visible joints, which is great if the costume exposes a lot of skin and you get anal about visible joints.
>>
>>5547453
/jp/ should have at least one owner.
>>
So I already made a thread for this, but I think some of you guys will be more helpful for this specifically.

I'm trying to cobble together an Earth Defense Force Fencer (pic related). This would be my first custom, so I'm hoping to kitbash with maybe some painting instead of sculpting my own parts.

I first thought of starting with a Marvel Legends War Machine, but really that's not the best match for any of the parts. I was also thinking of using some McFarlanfe Halo parts, but there aren't many good resemblances there either,

I can add some more pics from better angles if people would like, there are only really shitty images on Google but I'd be happy to post some screenshots.
>>
>>5547918
>>
>>5547531
I want that skeleton armature. Looks wonderful.
>>
File: TOY-RBT-3564.jpg (24 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-3564.jpg
24 KB, 600x400
>>5547921
I can't help on the base (Maybe a Samus Figma?) but the weapons already have pretty perfect matches from Kotobukiya's MSG line.
>>
Are barbie repaints allowed?
>>
>>5548226
Ye, show me some pictures of it
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 720x960
>>5548252
So far, so bad. Lips need painting and I have horns to attach.
>>
Hay guys, I'm interested in doing a wasteland girl custom and I need suggestions on some qt 3.14 black female heads for around the 6 to 7 inch scale. Even white heads as long as they could pass for black if I panted them. Appreciate any help
>>
File: PC120341.jpg (212 KB, 461x949) Image search: [Google]
PC120341.jpg
212 KB, 461x949
>>5548282
Maybe Mattel WWE Basic Alicia Fox? She'd be on the 1:10 side of things.
>>
Have any of you guys tried to add a bunch of joints to a figure before? I Googled it and didn't get anything super helpful beyond a swivel cut. I'm trying to turn my shitty bootleg Shadow Trooper into a less shitty bootleg Shadow Trooper. I'd want to add a thigh swivel, another knee joint and a better neck joint. Any tips would he appreciated
>>
aight question. i got a qb revoltech elina and i HATE the neck on it, the balljoint makes her neck look waaay too long.

any replacement or compatible joints i could use?
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 720x960
>>5548266
>>
File: IMAG0090.jpg (60 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0090.jpg
60 KB, 720x1280
potato cam but hes almost done went for more of a graffiti look to the symbol need to finish the painting and pick out details seems alright
Here is one with his full jacket sleeves will be a tad bit re fit to form better.
>>
File: IMAG0088.jpg (55 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0088.jpg
55 KB, 720x1280
>>5548469
open jacket thingy
>>
Do you guys have a preferred brand of super glue for toys/plastics?

>>5548458
Neat!
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 355x355
>>5548458
Neat. Where'd you get the horns from?

>>5548469
>>5548470
I'm not getting the Orange Lantern vibe, but more of a Deus Ex/Cyberpunk warrior feel from him. Like what you did with the helmet.

>>5549277
I like loctite's brush on just for the ease of application and the amount of glue you save in the long run.
>>
What's the best stuff to use to quickly remove paint from a figure? I've been using gundam marker eraser but it's so fucking tedious.
>>
>>5549367
There is no one-shot solution. Risk-takers use harsh stuff like straight acetone or nail polish removers with small percentages of acetone. Safe people use rubbing alcohol or non-caustic household cleaners. Others use brake fluid which is kind of a wild card fix.
>>
>>5549367
I know lots of people stripping paint from miniatures soak them in Dettol but I don't know what effect that would have on plastic.
>>
>>5547045
But it doesn't have big droopy tits like the other one :/
>>
Does anybody know of a way to make cloth hang nore naturally? Like making it heavier or softer or something?
>>
>>5549537
Depends what the cloth is made of really. What fabric are you planning on using? For what it's worth, washing cloth with fabric conditioner can drastically change the "hang" as it were, though it varies from fabric to fabric.
>>
>>5549537
The Mezco Batman's cape uses a separate heavier fabric placed at the bottom in strips, it allows the lighter material that makes up the majority of the cape to form more naturally over the shoulders and drape rather than kind of bulge outwards.

You could also use a wire around the perimeter of the cape.
>>
File: Mothra_flocked.png (846 KB, 908x450) Image search: [Google]
Mothra_flocked.png
846 KB, 908x450
Anyone have experience with removing flocking on figures? I have this Mothra figure that I would prefer didn't have the flocking. It's nice, but I'd like to see the colors underneath it better.
>>
>>5550140
Oh and I've read that alcohol will remove it, but will it strip the paint too?
>>
>>5546343
how is that Elasto Plastic, shouldn't it be bending under the weight of the figure. also have you tried sanding it? i want to use it for bendy arms but i'm not sure
>>
>>5550217
That's the thing, EP is pretty firm at the thickness of the feet. I've only had compact things made with it so far, haven't tried to do a bendy-wire object yet so I can't say how well it'll hold up. Think Kenner Facehuggers from the first wave of Aliens figures from the 90s but a bit gummier. The material seems to shine at flexibility with coils, hollow bouncy balls, footwear, etc. What sucks is that as a seller I can't put any products in my shop made in EP because it's designated as a 'Maker Material'. Etsy or eBay would be the place I'd have to sell EP prints.

As for sanding, gotta be gentle. There is a trick I've read on the forums on Shapeways, though at the moment I don't recall. I think it involved soap and warm water using an old toothbrush or worn dish sponge. The stuff seems to take dye rather well from what others have shown in their prints.

I'm retooling the foot design as we speak to have a raised top of the arch and a thicker heel to allow a longer hole for the Figma-sized feet (test print in WSF wasn't deep enough due to dimensional constraints).
>>
>>5550140
Dude, why would you do that? It's so fucking cute with it.

That said, are you sure it's not airbrushed on? Most things with flocking have the paint painted directly on it, opposed to under it (as the flock tends to cover it too much.)
>>
>>5550270
Oh yeah don't worry, I think its cute too. I'm going to do work this on a second one (one kept safe and one with flocking removed). Before I buy a second one though I wanted to make sure it's possible. I think the paint is under it since the white flocking is showing up over the black painted portions.
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 960x720
>>5549277
Thankyou

>>5549347
I made them myself using fimo clay because I had some lying around
>>
File: download.jpg (10 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10 KB, 228x221
Anyone got an idea to use as a base for this guy? I want him to scale with the Dimond Select PvZ figs so it would have to be pretty big. I have most of the fig planned out but the body is stopping me from getting anywhere...
>>
>>5550267
yeah i wonder when they'll switch it from Maker material as well, thank you for the info. it doesn't look like it takes detail too well either. btw Sculpteo just started a flexible plastic so you could sell from there.
>>
>>5550926
Best option is probably a cheap Marvel Legends Hulk figure, not sure how they scale though
>>
File: image_7_2531.jpg (38 KB, 531x600) Image search: [Google]
image_7_2531.jpg
38 KB, 531x600
>>5550926
could try a Quazimodo figure or a hulk figure with homer simpson belly/legs
>>
Hey customizers, would any of you be interested in taking a commission of a wired cape?
>>
>>5550488
Ah. Thanks, I might have to try that myself.
>>
Anybody have any photos of that starship troopers transformer? That looks fucking sick
>>
File: arm.jpg (399 KB, 747x1328) Image search: [Google]
arm.jpg
399 KB, 747x1328
Ok so I got a ML chameleon and it has some major problems. The most concerning is that the pivot joint was fused into the arm.

Trying to work it free it ended up snapping.
Now this isn't a huge deal, I can use it for fodder. I'm just wondering if anyone has a good idea for a fix.

The peg is still stuck inside and would have to be drilled out (seriously the whole thing is basically fused.

On the other hand the back of the legs are really rough like some of the plastic was melted or something and the chameleon head has chips in the paint.

Also is there a good way to remove the hinges in the hinge joints on things like the elbow? I think I have a plan, and want to see whats a good way of disassembly.
>>
>>5551898
Yikes. Not sure how if you tried this, but soak ML figures in hot or boiling water before disassembling them. The softer plastics will pop right off of pegs, hinges, etc. easily from the heat.
>>
>>5552904
Hairdryer is another option too.
>>
>>5551448
Fimo clay sucks it's just awkward. It's like chewing gum but worse.
>>
>>5552944
I'm having horrible memories of Gummy already.
>>
File: i need to glue dat ass.jpg (67 KB, 858x571) Image search: [Google]
i need to glue dat ass.jpg
67 KB, 858x571
Maybe someone here can give me some advice.
My Kyoko Figma is giving me a little problem. The are where the articulated pieces of her skirt attaches to the base of the non articulated one has become detached. The 2 pieces were held together by a spot glue from the factory.
I tried some super glue, which worked great for a while, but after posing for a while it loosens and drops off. Anyone have suggestions as to a better type of glue to use? Something that might fuse the two pieces together, like model cement, or PVC glue, that won't destroy the plastic? Or is there something more conventional?
>>
>>5551898
>>5552904
Got it apart. Man that was actually pretty hard. They don't really model these things for you to take apart.

Now I'm wondering if there is a preferred choice of sculpting putty you guys would recommend. The plastic on these things is soft, so I'm worried the apoxie sculpt that I have is too hard for it. I don't want it to become brittle and break or something.

The only other stuff I have used is Blue/Yellow Epoxy Putty AKA green stuff.

Like I said the plastic is that weird soft stuff and I'm worried about any putty not working/sticking/breaking along with noticeable texture difference (which I assume would be fine as long as I sand it/paint it well.
>>
File: image.jpg (222 KB, 675x582) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
222 KB, 675x582
>>5553765
>>
File: stel1.jpg (69 KB, 544x651) Image search: [Google]
stel1.jpg
69 KB, 544x651
>>5547921
You could maybe use a DC Stel figure as a base
>>
>>5554084
I would also love to hear from others about this. I love green stuff because it creates a very plastic feeling product while Aves epoxy sculpt feels like very very hard chalk. Especially if you sand it.
>>
>>5554084
>>5554582
I use Plasticweld epoxy putty. No experience with Greenstuff or apoxie, but Plasticweld epoxy is similar to Greenstuff in that it's soft and plasticky when cured but can be sanded, carved, cut, etc. and that during the curing process (about 25min. AFTER it's mixed) it can be warped and bent while maintaining details (good for modding castings). Use talcum/baby-powder in molds to lower the chances of air bubbles and to also make impressions into the epoxy without it boding with the piece you're pressing into it. I'm trying to see if I can mold ball-sockets into it using plastalina clay or possibly wax castings of spheres on pegs, then melting them out with boiling water.

The stuff comes in a tube that you break off amounts and mix by hand until smoothly blended. It'll go from pale blue to white when cured after 2hours. Best part is that pinching off amounts won't cause unwanted curing at pinched areas like most hand-mix epoxies. The stuff is pretty firm when cured and flexes decently for peg holes.

You can find Plasticweld at hardware and auto stores, but Walmart has the cheapest prices in their automotive and/or hardware sections. My Walmart's have the pack for about $6 or so.
>>
>>5544331
whut's up with the saggy boobs?
>>
File: speshulfources.jpg (68 KB, 365x550) Image search: [Google]
speshulfources.jpg
68 KB, 365x550
check out my custom special forces figure
>>
>>5544830
boner.exe
>>
>>5555633
Original archetype she has droopy-looking tits.
>>
File: 20160112_044605.jpg (637 KB, 1820x1528) Image search: [Google]
20160112_044605.jpg
637 KB, 1820x1528
anyone painted the weapons on the 2012 tmnt figures? they feel like they are made of some kinda wax so im not sure what to do, any special prep or such? or just primer and go? i want to do the handles.
>>
DO WANT!
>>
I am new to this board and i am wondering as a 3D character artist Is there any money in making custom 3D printed parts or full characters? if there is how would you recommend one go about it?
>>
>>5556227
Tons of people have done it. And I'm pretty sure a lot of them just went at it with acrylic paint, since I've seen some real amateurs do it. Acrylic, topcoat it so it won't scratch so easily, you're good. Just be warned that it probably WILL scratch somewhat easily.

Actually, I wonder if ink or dyes would take to the plastic well...that would allow for colored handles without worry of scratching.
>>
>>5556699
Greatly depends on if you have a printer or not and if said printer isn't shit.
>>
>>5556762

What tends to sells the most? i imagine it has to be hard since you cant do Intellectual property or any popular characters. What do people want? i would use a service like shapeways to get it done.
>>
>>5556699
Seems like you can list your designs on Shapeways. You get a cut of the profit if someone prints your designs.

Or, you could advertise and do commission work.
>>
>>5556699
Welcome to /customs/ !

There's some areas of untapped market for 3D printed figures. I'm trying to do it myself (mechanical draftsman by trade). The trick is finding the right niche.

I'm trying to make models for blank/archetype figures with more variety in body types, plus accessories and optional parts to make a figure LOOK like a character from a franchise or an OC for customs. That's the goal, anyways. Still designing and prototyping at the moment.
>>
>>5551448
I found antlers for a project from a deer xmas ornament, they popped right off and after a good water soak the paint/glitter came off too.

Another option is replacement cuckoo clock deer antlers, though those tend to run a little pricry.
>>
File: 1423576923.jpg (24 KB, 630x350) Image search: [Google]
1423576923.jpg
24 KB, 630x350
>>5554078
Anyone?
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (78 KB, 900x1600) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
78 KB, 900x1600
>>5544017
I'm just about to get into customizing figures and have a question about a steve austin figure i bought. See i want to put some pants and a coat on the guy but not sure how to do so. are there any guides or does anyone have experience with making clothes out of epoxy? should i just paint the pants on him? im thinking of doing just that
>>
File: hIE1438741096.jpg (125 KB, 657x800) Image search: [Google]
hIE1438741096.jpg
125 KB, 657x800
Disregard that related pic is a statueshit, but is related to the request in hand
Someone has a template for a similar trenchcoat as Haruna?
I want to make a fabric one
Any similar military trenchcoat could work too
>>
File: b7cs09H.png (243 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
b7cs09H.png
243 KB, 640x358
>>5559673
Its cut as shown in the show is pretty much unlike anything like any military coat.
>>
File: 20160318_205920.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160318_205920.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: Megatron Cloak.jpg (51 KB, 900x371) Image search: [Google]
Megatron Cloak.jpg
51 KB, 900x371
I was planning on making a cloak like pic related for Busou Shinkis. Any advice on how to do it? I have very little experience with sewing but this looks fairly simple to do, especially considering in the movie it's based on it's basically a tattered tarpaulin.
>>
>>5560738
A paper napkin and some white glue to make it hold its shape.
>>
>>5560620
Dude, I fucking love Machinarium.
>>
>>5560867
Dousing paper in glue makes it harden out to something resembling plastic, in my experience. You can also use superglue, if you're in a hurry, but I would not know tools that would allow you to handleand manipulate the paper safely in that case.
>>
best way to tighten loose ball joints?
>>
>>5546441
It all started with that. Just and then he when off lol.
>>
File: IMG_20160318_222608992.jpg (1 MB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160318_222608992.jpg
1 MB, 1456x2592
>>5558697
I'm trying to turn this fucker into dutch from black lagoon but I don't want him to look like he's wearing a leotard. How do I approach clothing?
>>
>>5561628
fill in the leotard gaps with apoxie or millisculpt, let dry, sand, smooth. do the same thing over the muscles on his legs, sculpt some pant cuffs, prime, paint, done.
>>
Just a question, I don't really have the skill or the time to do it myself, but would anyone be willing to customize an articulated Shulk from an Amiibo if I were to provide it? I'd reimburse you for the effort.
>>
>>5563193
You won't get good results due to how his torso is bent and how he has large baggy shorts. If you really adore the character, it'd be better to just trying to make a custom from figma or nendo bootlegs, depending on what kind of style you want.
>>
>>5563345
O-okay... ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1000x1000
>>5563193
>>5563354
I feel you'd be better off modding a Play Arts Sora into Shulk than building in articulation on that tiny Amiibo.
>>
File: SorAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png (68 KB, 322x260) Image search: [Google]
SorAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.png
68 KB, 322x260
>>5563421
Jesus christ that face is terrifying.
>>
>>5563421
I see that, I just want something small and cute and articulated. I don't really want to have something huge in my collection.

Dammit, I wish someone would make a figure of him.
>>
>>5563432

He always looks stupid. He is one of the genuinely autistic vidya characters.
>>
>>5563439
If you want small and don't mind chibi, a custom nendo is the way to go, among the easiest since they're relatively cheap and all share the same joint connections.
>>
>>5561644
Yeah I don't know how to sculpt. That's why i asked for guides
>>
>>5563978
The thing about sculpting is you can read about it all day long but you never figure it out really until you do it. Get some apoxy sculpt and get to it.
>>
Boat paint anon here. Sorry to the other anon who waiting for me to test it. Spring break ended up being more work than my normal week. I'll get it done this week and post the results here.
>>
File: image.jpg (588 KB, 1434x1025) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
588 KB, 1434x1025
Finished that Knight for my friend.
>>
File: image.jpg (372 KB, 1170x1183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372 KB, 1170x1183
>>5564314
The base is going with it. A bit big admittedly, but I was experimenting with wood. Pretty happy with the way the burnishing turned out on the metal. The gripping hand was too loose for the sword, so I wrapped gauze around the grip and painted black. The texturing works quite well.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 575x886) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 575x886
>>5564316
Close up of sword grip. And I'm done.
>>
>>5564314
>>5564316
>>5564319
I really like it. I want it but why didn't you look at medieval helmets ? The eye slits make it look like a 50s sci fi alien robot.

Wouldn't it have been better to make it look as accurate to the times and more integrated armour itself ?

That said, I'd buy it from you.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 236x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 236x333
>>5564333
You bring up a valid point. Admittedly I was pressed for time and wanted to do a helmet with multiple holes, but I also put together the robot helm with some plasticine as proof of concept for my friend and he greatly preferred it over the original draft citing that it looked more unique.

I am intending to do a more realistic knight for myself eventually. Thanks for the comment and good critique!
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 500x378
>>5564342
Also, the 14th century had some goofy ass helmets. Check out this goofy helmet for Henry VIII.
>>
>>5564342
Yes, that helmet looks like it'd be a nice fit for it. Well its for your friend and they liked it for its uniqueness.

Can't wait to see more from you.
>>
>>5564345
>clearly a SAY THAT TO MY FACE MOTHERFUCKER helmet
>goofy

18+
>>
File: hnng05.jpg (634 KB, 878x1188) Image search: [Google]
hnng05.jpg
634 KB, 878x1188
>>5564314

how much for a Custom Casey with removable clothes and a sculpted body?
>>
>>5564314
>>5564316
>>5564319
What scale is this?
>>
>>5564363
Cheers! Here's what the next build looks like on the left.

>>5564506
Sorry, I don't do commissions, this was just a birthday present for a close friend.

>>5564604
1/12, as you can see from Taskmaster.
>>
File: image.jpg (424 KB, 1199x1104) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
424 KB, 1199x1104
>>5564634
And I forgot the picture.
>>
File: Shrapnel Repaint.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Shrapnel Repaint.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Had a go at painting up my Generations Shrapnel's visor, gun (from Shapeways) and mandibles. The visor came out OK but needs another coat. The gun came out great. The mandibles...need work.

I guess that's what I get for trying to hand brush metallics.
>>
>>5544017
>Arachnid transformer
SAUCE.
NOW!
>>
File: DSCF3190.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3190.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Not really a custom as it's nice and simple.
>>
>>5564636
Awww yeah!

That looks sick
>>
File: tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to3_540.jpg (84 KB, 539x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nh6tlh7TOr1tu688to3_540.jpg
84 KB, 539x810
I want to make something pic related with NECA's 1954, but what's so frustrating is that I don't know what head to use.
Any ideas?

Also was playing with the idea of making the Godzilla suit greenish, maybe. I know it's not accurate to most Godzilla suits, but neither is the head being removable on the costume like pic related, which is what I plan on doing. Thoughts?
>>
Anyone have any experience dyeing plastic?

I want to change something to black and while I can paint it, I worry about the paint eventually being worn away in and around the joints.

Would dye change plastic enough to become that just black or would it only darken the existing color?

Would it be possible to maybe dye something black, then hit with paint in any parts that will be showing with a bit of black to keep it uniform?

Like I said I just worry about any paint I may use on it getting scratched or roughed away on moving parts.
>>
>>5565307
Lol, nice one!

Bonus Round: paint a cross-section of the bones in the lower arm for both halves.
>>
>>5565717
depends on the kind of plastic
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (35 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
35 KB, 426x240
So I'm considering buying a bootleg Figma Snake to modify into Old Snake. Anyone know if any of the bootlegs out there are acceptable enough?
>>
File: p0raUfn.jpg (254 KB, 1360x910) Image search: [Google]
p0raUfn.jpg
254 KB, 1360x910
>>5565953
Someone else did a review on one of those. It's among the first few hits when you google for "bootleg figma snake." They say the plastic is soft, and the joints are either too loose or immobile.
>>
>>5565307
The Governess and Rick Grimes in Stormtrooper gear?
>>
>>5566040
>jazwares MGSman
lol
Not that the original is much better, but wow, paint jobs can really make a difference.
>>
>>5566040
Dang, that puts a considerable damper on that idea. Though, the bootlegs only seem to be about twenty bucks regardless. I guess I could sacrifice the dosh anyways and hope for luck of the draw.
>>
>>5565933
Figure is Marvel legends.
>>
>>5566129
Only the hard plastic on a ML fig dyes well. The PVC limbs don't. My suggestion is paint
>>
>>5565755
>>5566113

I decided to just go full battle damaged FO instead of just the hand. Not really a custom. More cutting, dremeling and painting
>>
File: DSCF3200.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3200.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>5566292

geez, forgot image. Basically it's just a shit first try on an army builder
>>
>>5565953
Lol, I got a bootleg Snake en-route already. Though I was planning to make him into MGS1 Snake.

Be careful to wash your hands after handling bootlegs before touching your face, food, kids or pets. Bootlegs use lead paint. If you have decent painting skills, strip the lead paint off using NON-ACETONE nail polish remover with cotton balls.
>>
Trying to disassemble Generations Shrapnel to completely repaint him. Anyone got any tips on removing the pins?
>>
File: am.png (687 KB, 680x636) Image search: [Google]
am.png
687 KB, 680x636
I want to do a custom like this, but preferably with WW2 era (That's what the classic green army men soldiers are styled after, right?)

What's a good articulated 6" figure to do this to? Hasbro doesnt do 6" GIJoes do they?
>>
>>5557112
>mechanical draughtsman

Is that a good career? What sort of things do you have to be good at?
Would you recommend it?

I'm very good at drawing but I've always found maths quite hard.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 236x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 236x259
>>5559673
I'll see if I can find some better patterns, don't have my sewing books with me currently
>>
>>5566298
Eh, I wear latex gloves when painting anyways. Though, I'll be sure to strip the paint first just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>5567026
>Hasbro doesnt do 6" GIJoes do they
Nope. Look into Plan B toys.
>>
>>5567207
Eh, just got my 2yr degree and three Drafting-related Certifications, so I'm looking for a place to start at (currently working at Walmart full-time). Learning to use 3D CAD for mechanical designing is a blast once you understand the softwares out there, most math is handled by calculator applications these days but you still gotta get your numbers right for measurements and such. I'm bad with numbers myself, kind of a numerical dyslexia or something in my case (if such a thing exists), but regardless the math wasn't the hardest part.

I live in GA, so lots of businesses in the metro region and surrounding have positions, but ,oust are for 4yr degree or equivalent experience. Mechanical Drafting jobs are rather competitive, but thankfully the jobs will always exist and the continuous streamlining and affordability of 3D printing is making it easier for start ups and inventors to develop products easier and faster.

SketchUp is free to download and there's tons of YouTube tutorials for how to use the software's features. Try it if you can spare the time. Personally I'm trained in SolidWorks and I'm rusty with my AutoCAD skills.
>>
File: image.jpg (265 KB, 1020x1020) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
265 KB, 1020x1020
I recently got ahold of a toybiz 12 inch ringwraith and decided to turn it into an artorias. The plastic cloth head was a pain in the ass to cut off
>>
>>5564314
>>5564316
>>5564319
Goddamn son that shit is tight.

You know in actually glad the Funko GoT guys are such shit, that way I can buy em in bulk for cheap and use em as fodder for my customs.
>>
>>5567496
So you're in the ATL too huh? Any idea who the jackass that figure swaps shitty custom MLs at all the metro atl walmarts is?
>>
>>5567496
Also which WalMart? You've undoubtedly seen me at some point.
>>
File: image.jpg (448 KB, 1200x1279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
448 KB, 1200x1279
>>5567519
Looking good so far!

Finally did up a magic bow for my final Hunter. Probably will add some paint later.
>>
File: image.jpg (414 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
414 KB, 1200x1600
>>5567695
They're decent toys really for the price. Most of them just need some touch ups or tightening to be good after the first wave. Good luck on those customs!

Pretty happy to have an archer that can nock his bow stylishly.
>>
>>5567720
>>5567711
That's dragons dogma magic bow right?
Good shit man
>>
File: DSCF3206.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3206.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Any ideas how I can give this guys some holsters to hold weapons?
>>
File: paratrooper.jpg (54 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
paratrooper.jpg
54 KB, 540x720
>>5567026
4 Horsemen did a paratrooper that went with some book. I saw it at Barnes and Nobles but maybe you can find it online.
>>
>>5567217
Thanks,helpful anon
I will need to figure out how to work with this pattern, but thanks for help me on this
>>
>>5567987
oh sweet, thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (321 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
321 KB, 1280x960
>>5544017
So I'm wanting to give the red/grey robot little eyes in the visor like his friend has but have no idea how to go about that.
What tricks or tips do you all have that would help me give him eyes without it looking like I just plop paint drops on it.
>>
>>5567883
Good eye!
>>
File: frontback.jpg (2 MB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
frontback.jpg
2 MB, 4896x3264
I was told there was a tutorial floating around somewhere on how to make a wired cape for this guy.
Would anyone in this thread happen to have a link to that? I googled around a little bit with no luck.
Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>>
File: shoulders.jpg (27 KB, 538x409) Image search: [Google]
shoulders.jpg
27 KB, 538x409
I've been procrastinating the fuck out of completing my Ogon Bat custom for a real fucking long time. Now because I'm not content with using "american" shoulder joints.
So, how about pic related, guys?

Basically, I'd be opening a bigger slot on the base's shoulders and put a couple of those kotobukiya balljoints inside to get a primitive version of butterfly joints.
>>
>>5569071
Why not just do a double ball and sockets like the older microman figures? Would be easier to do and would only require you to hollow out the torso and attach balls to the shoulder joints.
>>
>>5569235
I don't know how they did it. Any examples?
>>
File: image.jpg (467 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
467 KB, 1600x1200
>>5569263
Basically, the shoulders are either connected to a ball hinge joint or double ball joints. A socket in the torso allows for universal motion so you can extend the shoulders back and forth.
>>
>>5567519
that makes me wonder what ever happened to the guy making a custom using that skinny as fuck shf Kabuto as a base.
>>
>>5568514
magic archer was definitely the best class when it came to doing bitterblack isle, ricochet all day every day, nigga
>>
>>5569315
Did he ever post any pictures? Im kind of interested in how he was gonna go about making the pauldrons and skirt armor.
>>
You guys think the Revo Kinnikuman would make a good base for a Superman?
Where could I find a head for it? I don't like any of the Mattel heads so far.
>>
>>5565666

Satan trips. I would use a Bruce Lee figuarts head. Good Asian guy head. Probably scale well as a representation of a guy in the suit.
>>
File: mk-ermac-concept-1.jpg (234 KB, 1207x1600) Image search: [Google]
mk-ermac-concept-1.jpg
234 KB, 1207x1600
>>5544017
going to be making a custom ermac 1/6 scale based off this photo wish me luck yall
>>
File: IMAG0100.jpg (64 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0100.jpg
64 KB, 720x1280
>>5571049
got a rough layout keeping full articulation lots of work to do luckily everything can come off him easily so i can resew and add in the coat layers and shoulders
>>
File: ss (2016-03-25 at 04.35.56).png (1 MB, 934x756) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-03-25 at 04.35.56).png
1 MB, 934x756
Any tips on sculpting subtle clothing wrinkles correct for tights? Everything I've tried looks pointless (The legs) or like overkill (The abs.)
>>
>>5571655
This may sound super-lame, but look at pics of spandex-clothed live-action heroes like toku-stuff and Reid Richards Superman for reference. Wrinkles tend to be like pinches in sculpts weather than indentations, so you're really ADDING to the sculpt to make the wrinkle.
>>
>>5566040
Just got my bootleg Snake today. First thing was that the entire figure and accessories were put in upside down. I knew this was gonna be fun from the get-go. Joints aren't bad, though the pledge in the sockets will be needed for some holes. Paint-job's a mess but I'm stripping it all off anyways. Biggest flop is the inner connector for the upper torso and hips. The upper torso uses double-joints (ball-sockets) connecting to the lower torso and nothing really connects the lower torso to the hips. Some drilling will be needed but that's part of the fun of customs. I'm gonna see if my older-model ML Drax's torso is close to the same size and proportions as Snake's, 'cuz I'd actually like to make a 1/12th Liquid recasting Snake's face and lower body.
>>
Broke some of my GK's hair, been attempting to use squadron hawk putty to make new hair but it's slow going, what do you guys recommend?
>>
>>5545785
>>5545762
>>5545530
>>5545491
>>5545456
>>5544404
>>5544331
>>5544327
Is there an archived version of that thread? New to this boards, would like to see it
>>
File: 20160325_052236.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20160325_052236.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Tiny custom. I really liked the little guy on the right and I've had him for like a year or 2 on my desk at work. The better articulated bodies happened though, so I bought some 2 pack with a violently lime green one for $3 and did my best to recreate his outfit, then I touched up the green on his head and put it on the new body.
>>
>>5571981
Yo man could you post a pic of him? Been thinking bout picking him up myself
>>
File: image.jpg (281 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
281 KB, 1040x1040
Going to start on the cape and waistcloth while the glue on the parts settles. Also got a large, thick sheet of plaplate to make the sword
>>
File: 1.png (684 KB, 615x874) Image search: [Google]
1.png
684 KB, 615x874
Just finished my Quiet custom. I say complete but she won't be truly complete till my Revoltech Venom arrives and I can give her the sniper rifle.

A lot of mistakes were made here and having to make a makeshift wrist joint due to shitty Chinese bootleg plastic was a pain, but overall I'm pretty happy with her.
>>
File: 2.png (734 KB, 581x900) Image search: [Google]
2.png
734 KB, 581x900
>>5572501
>>
File: 3.png (1 MB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
3.png
1 MB, 1200x900
>>5572506
>>
File: 6.png (995 KB, 859x900) Image search: [Google]
6.png
995 KB, 859x900
>>5572512
>>
File: 1443511700018.gif (2 MB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1443511700018.gif
2 MB, 280x200
>>5572501
>>
>>5572519
Meh, I've seen worse. The stick figure limbs and barely attached joints are the worst part.
>>
File: 1405191697574.jpg (140 KB, 1084x864) Image search: [Google]
1405191697574.jpg
140 KB, 1084x864
>>5572501
>>5572506
>>5572506
>>5572512
>>5572517
>>
>>5572529
I know, I used a bootleg Sailor Jupiter figure as the base and it shows.

The bootleg joints are really shitty. This is my second attempt at a custom and I've learnt quite a bit. Hopefully my next attempt will come out better.
>>
File: 1310310561489.jpg (6 KB, 201x250) Image search: [Google]
1310310561489.jpg
6 KB, 201x250
>>5572501
>>5572517
Nigger, how many figures did you ruin making that?
>>
File: call the neighbours.png (200 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
call the neighbours.png
200 KB, 500x376
>>5572501
>>5572506
>>5572512
>>5572517

If this is an ironic/meme attempt, I rate it 10/10

If this is a serious attempt, I rate it the same as that Wii Fit Trainer from a few threads ago, aka rushed lazy garbage.
>>
>>5572540
Just the one you'll be happy to know. And it was a bootleg from Aliexpress that only set me back like £7 anyway.

I get that it doesn't look too great, it's all a learning experience anyway.

>>5572542
Cheers lad.
>>
File: 1429648733322.jpg (63 KB, 300x432) Image search: [Google]
1429648733322.jpg
63 KB, 300x432
>>5572542
> rate it the same as that Wii Fit Trainer from a few threads ago

lol he says it's his 2nd custom >>5572539 here
what if wii fit trainer was his first?
>>
>>5572549
Nah man I'm not into Nintendo or saggy tits.
>>
File: 4656456.jpg (18 KB, 266x270) Image search: [Google]
4656456.jpg
18 KB, 266x270
>>5572549
>what if wii fit trainer was his first?

I can actually see some resemblances between them.
>>
File: joosten we have a problem.jpg (11 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
joosten we have a problem.jpg
11 KB, 236x314
>>5572501
>>5572506
>>5572512
>>5572517

I hope we get a Vulcanlog Quiet
>>
>>5572547

What was your first custom?
>>
>>5572501
>>5572506
>>5572512
>>5572517
JUST
>>
>>5572562
>coal burner
>>
>>5560620
perfect. great paint work,.

machinarium sequel when
>>
>>5572501
Well, let me first say that Sailor Jupiter probably wasn't your best option for Quiet. I know Archetype She (older model) isn't perfect with her breasts, but her physique would have been better for Quiet than Jupiter. Sailor Moon's characters are far too skinny in their designs to match a character based on much more realistic proportions and build. Ideally the newer Archetype She would have been perfect, but that's not the cheapest option at the moment (yeah, no bootlegs of it yet, I was wrong). The bishoujo proportions and build of Sailor Scouts doesn't work well for realistic looking characters, sadly.

The paint is a little messy on your custom, but for a second attempt it's certainly not the worst I've seen so far. I think the body build is really the worst part, not your fault but rather the custom could have been better if you had used something realistic in build and proportions. Hell, even a Marvel Legends female figure like White Tiger would have made a huge difference on the end result.

Don't get discouraged, though. I applaud you for trying AND getting it mostly done. Just keep at it and learn from this custom for future works.
>>
File: Bootleg Snake 1.jpg (246 KB, 1920x1327) Image search: [Google]
Bootleg Snake 1.jpg
246 KB, 1920x1327
>>5572244
Part 1.
>>
File: Bootleg Snake 2.jpg (242 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bootleg Snake 2.jpg
242 KB, 1920x1080
>>5572244
Part 2. Once I get his parts molded, copied, and modified with some custom joints 3D printed I'll make a better-looking Snake (MGS1 version at that).
>>
File: IMG_3062.jpg (605 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3062.jpg
605 KB, 1600x1200
Here's DOTM Astro Magnum, A.K.A Shackwave!

Copter mode.
>>
File: IMG_3061.jpg (634 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3061.jpg
634 KB, 1600x1200
>>5573060

And the robot mode.

Simple custom, but fun to do.
>>
File: guts cape.png (496 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
guts cape.png
496 KB, 640x1136
>>5568527
>>
File: 20160323_105712.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20160323_105712.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>5573245
Don't like the 3D print grain much. Maybe try giving it a flat finish.
>>
File: BurningMan-picture.jpg (18 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
BurningMan-picture.jpg
18 KB, 500x333
>>5572501
>>5572506
>>5572512
>>5572517
I got some advice
>>
>>5573017
>>5573018
What a fuckin' riot. Quite the chuckles you gave me.

>>5573245
You need to print at a slower speed and higher resolution.

Any info on this tiddybot?
>>
I like that one
>>
>>5573245
thats some nice sandpaper folding technique, /po/
>>
>>5572938
Thanks man, I made a lot of mistakes here and I'll learn from them for next time I attempt something.

>>5573262
Cheers m8y
>>
>>5573245
A shame about the stepping, but that's pretty damn cool.
>>
>>5573273
>tiddybot
its an original design
>>
>>5573363
No prob. Looking forward to the next one, anon!
>>
>>5572782

>coal burner

More like Yellow Fewer.
>>
I gave my First Order trooper a sword arm. The poor bastard looks so retarded.
>>
>>5573861
Pics?
>>
File: DSCF3211.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3211.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>5574039

first attempt at sculpting and painting. Feel free to mock
>>
>>5573396
Alrighty. How tall is she? Did you print her in color, or is she painted? Can we get some more pictures of her articulation?

Also, try a slower print setting, since those let you print at a higher resolution with less stepping.
>>
File: DSCF3213.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3213.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
>>5574039

>The crime is Shitty Sculpting and Paint. The sentence is death.
>>
File: 1459013425103.jpg (82 KB, 1442x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459013425103.jpg
82 KB, 1442x1080
>>5572501
what the fuck am I looking at
>>
File: 4545680038_ed9355c86f_o.jpg (197 KB, 461x614) Image search: [Google]
4545680038_ed9355c86f_o.jpg
197 KB, 461x614
Opinion time. Getting close to being ready to paint my Neuroi Witch Nendoroid, but I can't decide on the color scheme. I really like this shiny silver/matte black combo, but part of me wants to be a purist despite the other liberties I took with the sculpt and go with the canon gray and black with white panties and inner ear.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>5574352
I like the silver color scheme better than what was on the show.
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 629x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 629x679
Saw this and thought you guys might like it.
>>
>>5574683
It's kinda sloppily executed, but I respect the idea.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 115

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.