[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VAH Devilman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 800x800
It's nice to see MegaHouse branching outside of One Piece with their Variable Action Heroes line.

I definitely preordered pic related - the larger scale will make this dude look pretty imposing on the shelf.

Any Devilman fans? Any other series you wanna see VAH do?

Personally, I'd like to see them do Fist of the North Star figures.
>>
Devilfag here.
I already have Sentinel's Amon, and the VAH will be filling my ranks as soon as it's released.

They really could go the extra mile and make a proper Sirene and Satan
>>
I'm still buying it, but fuck I hate VAHs. Way too overpriced for what they are, and it doesn't look like Devilman comes with that many accessories either.

I'd rather get a SAS or something. Wouldn't mind getting a VAH Amon to pair up with him, though.
>>
>>5541580
Hey, if previous VAHs are any indication, we'll get plenty of bootlegs!
>>
File: 1456101795346.jpg (59 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
1456101795346.jpg
59 KB, 500x749
>>5541622
Are the bootlegs even good? I was gonna cross my fingers and hope Devilman hits a deep sale, but if the bootlegs are actually above decent...
>>
>>5541580
>and it doesn't look like Devilman comes with that many accessories either.
ami ami lists the figure and two types of hands, so yeah, his accesories are few. probably the tail and the wings chew the extra plastic for that
>>
>>5541625
From what I could tell from my researches, only loose joints. Painting is pretty good.

everyone knows you can fix loose joints with superglue.
>>
>>5541793
>superglue
>not using floor polish or any other clear acrylic gloss
>current year etc
>>
Huge Devilman fan here.
It's a real shame Nirisawa passed away recently. I actually just got the Design Works artbook in the mail. Can't wait to get this figure on my shelf. Not a huge fan of the Amon released by Sentinel, and I have the Devilman Violence Action figure. I really want the 90's OVA one from the Nirisawa Devilman line, but it seems like none are at a reasonable price.

Kinda wanna see more Devilman stuff from VAH and possibly a red/flesh colored Variant.

Also, first for shipping Devilman and Satan makes no fucking sense because Satan implanted false memories into Akira's head. Manipulation =/= Love.
>>
>>5541903
I agree anon, but fujos don't give a shit about story things that get in the way of two hot guys fucking. Such as one guy being responsible for the death of the entire human race and everyone the other cared about.

Akira and Miki were cuter anyways.
>>
>>5541547
Shit, I was really hoping this thing would be cheaper
>>
>>5541950
>fujos
I'm not familiar with this particular version of Devilman but isn't Satan usually in the form of a chick in these things?
>>
>>5542063
a chick with a dong, since angels are sometimes depicted as hermaphrodites, having both sexes' organs; and before reaching the revelation that ryo was satan, he was portrayed as a guy, and the cherry on top is that at the end of the manga, it is revealed that he fell in love with akira.
you mix all that and you got enough bait for the fujoshis to wet themselves
>>
>>5541625
Man, I'm so glad I'm not this much of a poorfag...
>>
>>5542095
The majority of the time they're paired as Akira and Ryo, not as Devilman and Satan, for that reason. Or the more uncommon DevilmanxRyo.

Judging from the gay fanart, anyway.
>>
>>5542112
Not a poorfag, it's just that I'd rather use that 9k for two good figures than a figure that looks nice but comes with practically nothing. It's a bad value.

I'll wait until it goes on sale or gets a decent bootleg. If neither, I'll live.
>>
>>5542123
A lot of people are saying they are going to wait until it goes on sale, but is this a common trend amongst VAH releases? I've not followed the toyline myself but like most people I'm interested in this figure (but not at the asking price). My question I guess is, is that a legitimate plan? To wait for it to get discounted?
>>
>>5542153
It's kind of hard to compare this release to releases of literally the most successful franchise. Not sure if Nirasawa's death would play a role with the sales, either.
I don't recall the VAH OP stuff hitting a sale, though I haven't really paid attention.

So yeah, there's some risk to it. Hence the "If neither, I'll life" kind of thing. Depends how many units MH will be producing, and if many Japanese consumers agree that this figure isn't worth the price tag.
>>
>>5542123
Everything you said is still poorfaggotry. I'm not here to shit on you in particular, but if it quacks like a poorfag, and waddles like a poorfag...
>>
>>5542173
Nah, I'm just not impulsive with my money like some people are. It's an adult kind of thing, you know?
>>
>>5542203
Maybe you could articulate exactly how adult it is to want a japanese anime toy but view it as too expensive and therefore might bank on a bootleg of unknown quality to satisfy your non-impulsive purchasing nature.
>>
>>5542228
I've purchased several figures that are worth 9k or more. Money isn't the issue, but the *value* of the figure. If it actually came with an alt head and some more hands, then it wouldn't be an issue.

More importantly Anon, why do you even care? Caring so much about how people spend their money on Nippon Chinese cartoon toys is pretty faggy, bro.
>>
>>5542240
What you buy and how much you spend is between you and your plastic god. But getting upset when people call you a poorfag for being a publicly-confirmed poorfag is indicative of accepting the truth internally but fighting it for ego's sake.
>>
>>5542248
Can't be a poorfag when I can easily afford it, quit using the term wrong.

I'm just not a cucky mcfucky who voluntarily overpays for something.
>>
>>5542228
What, you've never thought a PAK looked cool?
>>
>>5541547
>Any Devilman fans?
There are tons of them but none will want that piece of shit.
>Fist of the North Star
No, we need good HNK figures.
>>
>>5542269
Are you really saying that PAK's prices are fair?
>>
>>5542474
>piece of shit
most people would get it just to respect the designer who passed away.
>>
>>5542623
Pretty sure he's saying the opposite.
>>
>>5542627
His design is pretty much the staple for Devilman post 90s.
>>
>>5542627
Most people don't even know who the designer is. Most people don't even care who design what.
>>
>>5541547
I like this a lot, but 8300 yen? ouch.......
>>
>>5542642
Nirasawa is one of the more known designers, so uh..
>>
>>5542647
Sorry to burst your bubble but the very vast majority of toy collectors can't even name a single designer, they simply don't care.
>>
>>5542647
>Nirasawa is one of the more known designers, so uh..
Who? is he a nip?
>>
>>5542474
I guess if you ignore the fans in this thread who already expressed interest in the figure. Speak for yourself man.
>>
>>5542716
>liking this
>being a Devilman fan
Pick one.
>>
>>5542660
If you're an adult collector of Japanese figs, you should reasonably be aware of Yamaguchi, Takeya, and Bome existing, and if you're actively collecting Devilman toys, there's no way you don't know who Nirisawa is.

His work with Fewture is a clearly established category of the brand, just like if you're into vinyl trash you know who Frank Kozik or Junko Mizuno are.

Add me to the list of people who would have normally gone "I dunno man, it's sweet, but $90, I'm trying to save up here" and pre-ordered immediately because of his death.
>>
>>5543192
You're not living in reality.
>>
>>5543192
kozik and junko are great graphic designer artists, the fact that they made a good design that sells, bunny/flat doesnt mean that they aremt talented and should be lumped into the trash heap.
>>
>>5542991
no.
>>
>>5542643
Yeah the VAH prices are pretty steep, but they're pretty big
>>
Let's see, while I do find it overpriced, I've also been waiting for a Devilman with good articulation, so I preordered it.

I only knew Nirisawa because of his previous work on Devilman figures, but I didn't like their look that much. This one is much better looking while still having that distinct style.

So yeah.
>>
>>5548242
Only one can apply, it's a fact.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.