[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Riobot question!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1_RIOBOT_017_A.jpg (136 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1_RIOBOT_017_A.jpg
136 KB, 636x636
Guys I need some help. Does anyone here have a toy from the Riobot line? How much does those things weight? I pre-ordered Sally from Metal Gear Solid V, and I saw somewhere the total weight was 4.1 kg. If its really like that I want to be prepared because the only shipping would it be EMS(wich is fast, what is nice) but its going to rape my wallet(4 kg=13.000 yen). Can someone help me?
>>
>>5530339
it's a lame ass mech from a casual fest game that has pretty much removed much of what made the original series great.

get better taste.
stop wasting your mothers money on garbage.
>>
>>5530372
this

I didn't even play V and I know this
>>
>>5530372
well, I know its not the the best game from the series, but I realy like the design of it. And it is my money, but thanks for the laugh!
>>
File: 1419136263562.jpg (50 KB, 531x505) Image search: [Google]
1419136263562.jpg
50 KB, 531x505
>>5530393
>I didn't even play V
>>
Looks awesome.
>>
>>5530372
>>5530393
>>>/v/
>>
When's this due anyway? I preordered it so long ago I can't remember who I po'ed with or if I've already paid for it
>>
>>5531209
No fuck that, send these retards somewhere else I don't want to see their shitposts on my homeboard any more than you do
>>
>>5531373
>>>/v/
what makes you think we want someone whos homeboard is /v/ on our homeboard
>>
>>5531329
Next month.
>>
>>5531419
what makes you think I'm going to listen to your whining?
>>
>>5530339
Where did you see this at 4.1kg ? You might have got it confuse with 4.1 lb.

You can also ship it Sal parcel but not small sal packet .
>>
>>5531742
Says 4.1kgs on plamoya.
>>
>>5531761
Odd since the Sentinel website doesn't even list the weight. I highly doubt they have used 4 kilos of metal in it either.
>>
>>5531761
Plamoya always over weight their preorder items. they readjusts it when the item gets to them. There is no way this item haves more diecast than a big soul of chogokin. Like they estimate the upcoming metalbuild red frame at 1.9k while the released metalbuild gold frame with backpack and wings is just 0.9k.
>>
>>5531806
green is nylon and red is Die-cast
>>
>>5531818
Which shows that it's not possible to weight 4.1 kg
>>
>>5531866
Okay. I never bought from this line before so I really didnt know. Glad to know now.
>>
>>5531818
>diecast hips, legs, and elbows

It's going to be shit in just 2 years. Sagging like a bitch. Why didn't they go with nylon all around? If nylon can secure screws vibrating hundreds of times per second without wearing for years why can't it hold up some plastic, even if it is bulky?
>>
>>5531880
so diecast is shit material? I didnt know that. I thought it was good.
>>
>>5531899
Diecast will get loose no matter what and it's virtually impossible to tighten it unless the design allows for it in some way. If plastic gets loose you can just put some clear gloss top coat on it and it'll be tight for another 6 months, and it's repeatable.
>>
>>5530372
shut up. kojima's dick tastes good
>>
File: IMG_4214.jpg (2 MB, 2304x2827) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4214.jpg
2 MB, 2304x2827
>>5531899
Here's a Sentinel product with diecast joint housings right out of the box.

They didn't get the tolerance on the hips right. They fall off the figure if I so much as pick it up.

>¥15,000
>>
>>5531960

Between this and PAK's bullshit, how are they selling stuff still?
>>
>>5531960
Huh, you know what I think I might cancel my pre-order and just get the Sahelanthropus model kit. I want my shit to last
>>
>>5531968
At the risk of sounding like Subjectanon, I honestly do think Sentinel is some kind of cargo cult at this point.

Everything I've bought from them to date has been an overcomplicated, overengineered, fiddly, fragile mess hiding under a fancy paintjob and in an attractive box (it cost three times what the equivalent product from Bandai would, isn't anywhere near as well-engineered and has a little Sentinel Factory hologram on it, that's how you know it's good!).

Very unlikely I'll buy from them again. I emailed them -politely - about this figure's terminal QC issues (it was a Toy Soul exclusive I obtained through a middleman) and have yet to receive any kind of reply or acknowledgment.

Pretty disgusted in all honesty. Can't cut my losses and sell it on, can't get a refund. ¥15k down the drain.
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1123x1685) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1123x1685
>>5531990
Not to be Defense Force-Postan here but I've yet to have a bad product from Sentinel. Any issues that have come up were by my own hand.

I also havent heard of others with that issue either as mine was fine but I also never bother to check. Either way, that sucks anon.
>>
>>5531990
I have no issue either and I got a bunch of their stuff. Their price are a bit pricey but it really does look nice.
>>
>>5531990
Oh shit, do you recomend to cancel my pre-order or pay to see how it goes?
>>
I own several riobot toys and have never encountered any problems. Everything I have from Sentinel is extremely well designed and made.
>>
>>5532932
So, you never had any problem? Do you change they poses often?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.