[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Monster High General - NY Toy Fear edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: buyournewdolls.jpg (82 KB, 536x408) Image search: [Google]
buyournewdolls.jpg
82 KB, 536x408
Old thread: >>5452728

>Recent Releases
Fierce Rockers: Catty and Toralei 2-pack, Clawdeen, Venus and Jinafire 3-Pack
Great Scarrier Reef: Frankie, Lagoona, Toralei, Draculaura, Clawdeen
Great Scarrier Reef new characters: Posea Reef, Kala Mer'ii, Peri and Pearl Serpentine
Ghouls Getaway: Jinafire, Spectra, Meowlody, Elissabat, Jane Boolittle
Gloom Beach rerelease: Frankie, Cleo, Clawdeen
Dead Tired rerelease: Frankie, Draculaura, Cleo
Monster Exchange: Isi Dawndancer, Kjersti Trollson, Batsy Claro
Scary Tales Re-release: Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen
17 Inch dolls: Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Elissabat

>New 2016
New look signature characters: Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Cleo, Ari Hauntington
Welcome to Monster High (Fall movie line): Frankie, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Cleo, Draculaura, Moanica, Ari Hauntington.
Shriekwrecked: Rochelle, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Lagoona, Gil, Catrine, Dana Treasure Jones

>News

Great Scarrier Reef movie on disc/download in March: https://youtu.be/ULh0JJku2nE

Monster High Diaries Book 3 is out now.

Welcome to Monster High movie out October, reboots franchise with new look characters and new story.
>>
G1 forever!
>>
>>5503902
aside from the fact that spectra will still be there so her inclusion is weird and pointless, what purpose does ari serve? they're basically the same color scheme and even then they already have a few singer characters
>>
>>5504158
purple is the new pink, and singershit sells.
They're trying to make up for the lack of disney properties with extra musical characters.
>>
>>5504174
>purple is the new pink
That should be the title of the new movie, with a secondary title of Draculaura's New Outfit.
>>
File: newlook mh art.jpg (235 KB, 540x724) Image search: [Google]
newlook mh art.jpg
235 KB, 540x724
Artwork for Frankie, Clawdeen and Draculaura's new look. I like the new outfits.
>>
>>5504188
Why is it that no matter what, Draculaura seems to be the one getting the short end of the stick. Clawdeen and Frankie look good, Draculaura just looks messed up.
>>
>>5503954
Oh god I'm imagining what it will be like 5-10 years down the road if we get to G3. How the generation will be like. It'll be like the Transformer threads but about monster girls. I hope the shit posting never gets that bad.
>>
>>5504235
Well she is 1600 years old, she's had some work done
>>
>>5504158
Somehow, I'm really, really doubtful Spectra and Ghoulia will continue to get dolls. A lot of the language around discussion of those two is wishy-washy as hell. Not once have they said "of course they're getting dolls!" Just that they're "not leaving the line-up" and similar, which only means that they're being kept in the merchandising/media sectors.

Please, Mattel. Prove me wrong. Make a Spectra and Ghoulia "risen from the grave!" two pack or some shit. Makes total sense for a ghost and zombie.
>>
>>5505167
Yeah, no. A "risen from the grave" theme is way too dark and edgy for our target audience. We want little girls to buy our products, not run screaming to their mothers.
>>
>>5505262
Knock knock.
>>
where are sources for information on the dolls? i never totally understood where anyone got them.
particularly, i'm interested in keeping up with the descendants, they have occasionally cute characters.
>>
>>5505643
YouTube reviewers, various doll blogs. Different people have different sources they like to follow. Mostly, joining a collectors' group on FB is a good idea, because they tend to repost any updates on upcoming dolls within a few hours of it being covered, and then you don't have to watch a dozen different revewers' shit to make sure you don't miss an announcement.
>>
>>5505663
sounds meticulous, but fun. hopefully descendants proves worth it.
>>
>>5505674
Ever After High Dolls/Monster High Dolls on Facebook is a pretty good source. auradon-prep on tumblr is fairly good for general Descendants/Descendants dolls info but I'm not sure how often they update. They did post images of the new dolls shown at Toy Fair though
>>
>>5505167

Ghoulia is my favourite. I legit think she's one of the best autistic rolemodels.
>>
>>5504235

the blue doesn't go with the pink. monster highs always walked a thin line when it comes to colour harmonies though.
>>
are there any Ever After High mini figures like there are for Monster High? I don't want to invest in all the dolls.
>>
The hell?
>>
>>5507903
nope
>>
>>5507903
I DO want to invest in the dolls.

Which is a nice segue to my question: I'm able to get my hands on a 15 bucks EAH Darling. But, it says that there are only 4 left. I want her as part of my collection, but that collection thus far exists only of Apple, Raven and Maddie, and there are actually others much higher on my want-list than Darling. So my question is: How rare is Darling? Should I move her up just because she might run out of stock, or should I just buy Duchess instead?
>>
>>5508865
Darling, at the moment, is fairly common at the moment. Some stores may not have her but I've been able to see her. Duchess, on the other hand, I haven't seen in a while.
>>
>>5508943
side note: i have no idea why i said "at the moment" twice
>>
>>5508943
Thanks! Although I should have mentioned, I'm in the EU, and EAH dolls are exceedingly scarce here. Getting one is rare enough, let alone for €15 including shipping. EU prices are usually 1.5 to 2 times the price of their US counterparts, thanks to import costs and taxes.

But apparently I'm going back to my catholic roots of fasting during Lent, because I've just bought both girls.
>>
>>5507518
I have a feeling Ghoulia might return once we're past the reintroduction stage of the reboot. Outside of Shriekwrecked (Which is the summer line replacing Freak du Chic) Most of the new lines are focused on the more popular ghouls like Frankie and Laura.
Once they're out of the way we'll hopefully see more of the other characters return.
>>
>>5504188
weren't these the picture day outfits or something?
>>
>>5511023
Nope, these are brand new. Clawdeen didn't even have a picture day doll.
>>
File: tumblr_o32kujekk41v5dn3bo1_540.jpg (106 KB, 349x810) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o32kujekk41v5dn3bo1_540.jpg
106 KB, 349x810
I like that they're still staying true to Skelita
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 256x197
>>5508998
>>5508865

Wowsers.

Is this Mattel approved art? If it is, then I guess Mattel is desperately trying to ape Frozen's "nuances" now that they've lost the Disney license.
>>
>>5511860
It's fanart.
>>
>>5511860
someone on tumblr who pushes the darling and apple couple wanted art of a 2-pack if there ever was one
>>
>>5511860
>Is this Mattel approved art

Anon are you retarded? Think about whether Mattel would actually make a 2 pack of 2 girls going on a date.
>>
>>5513082
A "friend" date, obviously
>>
I never was into 'princess' lines as a guy and saying that I do have few dolls from the line. So are those who are really into this line girls? I am actually a more serious MH collector. I like the story of EAH better but mh characters are more my thing.
>>
>>5513272
I know more men who collect EAH than MH actually. I asked one of them why once, and he said something to the effect of "they're less threatening looking". But that's just my personal experiences, so I don't know actual stats on the gender division of collectors.
>>
>>5513272
i know of a few collectors for EAH/MH that are guys. EAH's whole thing is that they're the alternative to MH.
>>
>>5513272

I'm a guy, and I tend to skip the princessy looking ones. My favorite is Cerise, but I recently got Melody and Dragon Games Poppy and they look pretty kickass too. Also a fan of Maddy, she's adorable.

My biggest gripe is actually in the poorly designed heads. They're huge and balloony, and often the eyes are really badly designed. Would have picked up Bunny and Faybelle but the dolls are so damn ugly.

I really don't get it. Monster high has pretty fantastic looking faces.
>>
>>5513722
All about being child like with those heads, but they were fairly large compared to the big heads for MH. If the outfits go down hill on EAH, i might skip buying the dolls - cause the outfits make the dolls.
>>
>>5513722
I like the princess looking ones. I'll agree with you on the heads, though, they are way too balloon-y. Thinking about using the acetone shrinking method on them, though, but I'm scared as fuck to mess them up permanently.
>>
>>5513915
Ramona doll WHEN
>>
>>5514178
Around the twelfth of never.
>>
>>5514222
Aww, that long?
>>
>>5508943
If you can't find a Duchess there's still one at a Target near me, I'd be more than happy to pick her up and ship her to you.
>>
>>5514419
Posts like this are the reason I keep coming back to the generals. Thank you for being a beautiful person, anon.

Sage because I wasn't the person looking for Duchess, I just like seeing anons help one another out.
>>
Nabbed GSR Clawdeen when I was at Walmart today.

Fuck those people saying it was "whitewashing", she looks awesome with purple skin.
>>
>>5514702
>has purple skin
>'whitewashing'
I don't fucking follow...I do love when they do different skin colours, I bought the Freak du Chic Clawdeen for that exact reason.
>>
>>5514853
Because people are idiots. I had somebody tell me in person that Honey Swamp is to light because she's black coded.

So even though Honey is real/green, and the GSR Clawdeen is purple, you have morons saying they're white washed.
>>
>>5514853
>>5515160
The base of the argument for GSR is that only Clawdeen's colour changed of the ghouls that were transformed. Which is weird. There are brown fish out there, so it's not like they made that choice due to a lack of options. In particular, there are dog fish which are speckled brown, which would fit Clawdeen perfectly given her love of leopard print. I wouldn't say "white washing!" because they didn't make her paler, but I really wouldn't know what to call it other than "inconsistent" since no one else in the line changed colours when they became mermaids.

Anyway. The change for FdC with Twyla and Clawdeen works much better, since it gives them that creepy old-timey-poster-vibe that works well with their outfits. GSR just seems arbitrary by comparison.
>>
File: 17537693701_159338ed5e_z[1].jpg (42 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
17537693701_159338ed5e_z[1].jpg
42 KB, 640x427
>>5513730

I just can't bear to own it even if the outfit is great when the stare is so creepy and soulless.
>>
>>5515192
The whole theme of the GSR movie was bright colours. All the new characters were a mess of neon colours. They obviously wanted a rainbow vomit line, which brown doesn't really work with. All the other ghouls don't have human skin tones to begin with. If there was a Caucasian ghoul in this line I'm sure she would have been changed too, but there are no Caucasian girls in Monster High. None. Tumblr can stfu about whitewashing.
>>
>>5513730
any consideration for modding/repainting any dolls? some redone faces are really cute.
>>
>>5516474
There are a bunch of helpful tutorials via a google search, though I find it's best to narrow it down to one thing at a time like just face ups, just hair rerooting, ect.

This site helped me out a lot: http://www.vivcore.com/dolly_daydream/monster_high_modding.html

And No Nap Time has a ton of other great tutorials and the like: www.nonaptime.com/category/customizing-dolls/
>>
File: 2013-11-12 23.40.39.jpg (794 KB, 1744x2560) Image search: [Google]
2013-11-12 23.40.39.jpg
794 KB, 1744x2560
>>5516474
Here's one of mine. Coloured pencils are super easy to work with if you keep them sharpened.
>>
>>5516474
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEdzqZ00wwY
hextian on youtube does amazing work, honestly
>>
>>5516673
Her eyes are gorgeous! Keep up the ace work!
>>
File: 24811480.jpg (254 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
24811480.jpg
254 KB, 1280x720
>>5512754

it is pretty much canon though, unless you believe CPR done wrong makes magical love sparks.

>>5513082

they hired a trans woman write to write a thing where a girl kissed another girl out of a curse.
>>
>>5513304

this makes me want to buy more MH
>>
>>5518351
Oh, so you pinch someone's nose when you kiss them? Have I been doing it wrong?
>>
>>5518383
She's trapped in a magical curse. Why do you think CPR would have worked? It's the lips of the destined pair touching that lifted the curse.
>>
>>5518391
Oh my god, go back to /co/. The books even support the evidence that it's literally because Darling is a princess. I don't care that Darling is your wet dream headcanon lesbian but at the end of the day it's your headcanon. Mattel isn't going to be edgy. They will blur it to hell if it means EAH gets attention. If that makes you happy, then keep it up.
>>
>>5518395
1, that's not actually an answer to my remark.
2, no, it's not actually in the books.
3, I'm not the one who's upset and keeps harassing people 'because they're wrong on the internet'.

So why don't you just calm down and let it go. You might live a little longer.
>>
If anyone needs I have some dolls and playsets for sale/trade:

MH
Haunt the Casbah Abbey
Abbey's Bed
Frankie's Vanity

EAH
Legacy Day Apple
Legacy Day Briar
Spring Unsprung Kitty
Apple's Fainting Couch
>>
>>5518576
Ayyyy whatcha want for the Haunt the Casbah Abbey?
>>
>>5518576
Haunt the Casbah Abbey can still be found at some Walmarts but if no luck there, try DD's or Ross as they have some older releases.
>>
File: 20160227_152501.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160227_152501.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
Discovered that with enough patience you can totally get Go&oliope to carry another doll in her arms.

> tfw massive size difference is your kink
> tfw you've waited a lifetime for a moment like this

On a somewhat related note, jesus fucking christ is Goo's box hair awful. I have never restyled any of my MH girl's hair, beyond trimming strays, so does anybody have any tips/tricks/copypasta? I'd like to keep her curly if at all possible but it's just a frizzy mess at the moment.
>>
How do EAH Deerla and MH Isi compare, color wise?
>>
>>5518657
If you're asking in terms of headswapping, Isi is much, much lighter in color than Deerla.
>>
Does someone has buy it those monster high body from aliexpress?
How are they compared to the orginal?
>>
>>5518383

what she did wasn't CPR though. she clearly had no idea how to actually administer it.

it make the golden love sparks when their lips connected. how the fuck is it CPR?

>>5518395

At what point did they say the cartoons were going to 100% follow the books?

People act like they aren't homophobic but this is the same sort of bullshit reaction Korrasami get. People will go to ridiculous lengths to disprove any hint of a queer pairing.

Also - the episode was written by a fucking trans woman. They have someone who is very public about their queer and trans status as their head writer.

They may end up panicking and going in another direction but there's absolute 0% that this wasn't intended to open up the possibility.
>>
>>5518655
Boil wash it. DisneyBoy21 has some pretty good tutorials on doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee5Sy-8CmtE
>>
>>5519151
To be fair, Korrasami was and is terrible.
>>
>>5519535
I'll give you that the execution of it could have been done MUCH better.
>>
>>5516474
I forgot this blog too, I've this one the most helpful
http://dolltutorials.tumblr.com/
>>
>>5519600
There was no hope for it from the get-go. It would have been far better to introduce a new character for Korra, instead of relegating poor Asami to being boiled down as "the girlfriend" and so that writers end up ignoring her other plot contributions.

ANYWAY.

I wish we could stop talking about whether it was a kiss or CPR in the /toy/ threads and just restrict those debates to the /co/ threads. I give so few shits about the media associated with these toy lines. I just like the cute dolls.
>>
>>5518662
That's a shame. Is there a reference guide somewhere that compares head/body skin tones of all the dolls?
>>
>>5519627
>the /co/ threads
What /co/ threads? <_<;
>>
File: Maddie Restyle.jpg (256 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Maddie Restyle.jpg
256 KB, 960x1280
>>5518655
Wash the hair with baby shampoo then condition it and let it sit for a while and wash it out if you want. To get her hair curly again, just use straws as rollers with bobby pins to hold it. Use boiling water to curl for about 3 to 5 mins and then let it in cold water for 3 to 5 mins. Let it dry over night or use a blow dryer on low heat to dry it. Unroll and style as you like. Pretty simple. Take a look at my Maddie as she had bad boxhair and I fixed that shit up.
>>
>>5518655
https://youtu.be/_F41C0ga2Is
>>
File: Maddie restyle back.jpg (233 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
Maddie restyle back.jpg
233 KB, 960x1280
>>5519842
Here is the back of the head to see how that came out.
>>
>>5519842
>>5519892
Have you thought about separating the curls? It's not bad, but I think they look a bit more like tubes right now.
>>
>>5519896
I have but I suck at it so I just leave it as is.
>>
>>5519809
/co/ sometimes has threads to talk about the EAH show. It used to be mostly MH but it's been switched since EAH is still going.
>>
>>5520281
But ever (after) so rarely! Which was more the point I was trying to make.
>>
>>5518576
How much do you want for Kitty?
>>
New movie is on Nick right now, it has a quasi-Disney like 2D-animation flashback sequence that will make you wonder why they haven't done the movies in that style before.
>>
>>5521022

New MH movie?
>>
>>5521040

Yeah, Great Scarrier Reef
>>
>>5519535

the majority of people saying that are the same sort of people who moan about SJWs and whine any time a show caters to someone that isn't them, or at least the watered down version of that. most actual lesbian/bi women were fine with it. we're used to picking up on subtext.

i don't deny there wasn't really any much subtext in this case. it was out of left field, but i'm guessing intentionally soo, to drive home the fact that Apple had been looking in the wrong place all along.
>>
>>5521045
>most actual lesbian/bi women were fine with it. we're used to picking up on subtext.

There was no buildup. They half-assed the whole thing and waited until literally the last minute. That's not good representation.

Anyway to bring it back to the dolls; sure EAH might have some queer writers, but they don't call the shots and they don't design the dolls.
>>
So there's a subscription magazine in Europe with comes with a free Monster High figurine, and each mag has a piece of new art and a diary entry for each character.

You can read the diaries here: http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_High_Figurine_Collection_Diary_Entires

There's some character backstory here, including how Draculaura first met Clawdeen and how Robecca got her rocket boots.
>>
File: Mhcollectiondisplay.jpg (251 KB, 650x312) Image search: [Google]
Mhcollectiondisplay.jpg
251 KB, 650x312
>>5521987
>http://monsterhigh.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_High_Figurine_Collection_Diary_Entires

Shit I want Robecca and Skellita so bad.

how tall are they? they look great. i hope they do an EAH one.
>>
>>5521987
>>5522124

where can i get these? can't find them on ebay. too small a run to show up?
>>
>>5522124

Who's the new girl in the far back left corner?
>>
>>5522169
isnt the jinny from some of the movies?
>>
>>5522169
Jane Boolittle
>>
>>5511834
Hate her make up
>>
>>5522140
These are the ones that came in a French MH magazine. I'm not sure they've shown up elsewhere.
>>
>>5522140
>>5522941
Whoops, >>5521987 already explained. Didn't know it was all of Europe now, thought it was France only.
>>
Has anyone ever sold off a significant portion of their MH collection?
>>
>>5524869
Why? What's wrong?
>>
>>5524869
I sold off everything when I had hefty dental bills.

Never really could get back into them even when the original reissues started to come out, in part because a lot of dolls that were almost worthless when I sold them shot up massively in value after, and in 99% of cases I only like the signature look so the piles of variants never own me over.
>>
>>5519151
Except korrasami has openly been acknowledged as the correct and canon assumption by the creators of the show where as EAH has done no such thing and the creators have said nothing.

I don't have an issue with non-hetero couples but I have an issue with people looking to throw romance in where it clearly isn't just because 'my head canon'. I'd feel the same if they suddenly put Raven with Hunter who did CPR just because ruh-roh an almost-but-not-really-kiss happened.

This seems to be a mattel ploy to just run off of the Frozen/maleficent strings that anyone can be anyone's prince/princess/hero/saviour and love can be more than just romantic - girls don't always need a guy to save them and friendship is also a kind of love.

In the same way I'm sure non-hetero binary people hate their few representatives getting denied I do also hate when people then pull at straws to say 'no this person must be gay, bi, fluid, trans etc. etc. because of one or two actions.
>especially when those things are throw-away jokes in some instances
>>
>>5525553
I've come to the realization that I have two closets solely filled with dolls and other collectibles (not just Monster High, Disney, Barbie, etc) that I haven't even thought about rotating into my display for months, and I don't really care if I don't have the bulk of them anymore.

>>5525877
>when I sold them shot up massively in value

Oh no, that'd drive me crazy. But I guess it's inevitable for some collectibles.
>>
>>5526203
>friendship is also a kind of love.
That's the big problem. Daring may be vain, but he's a good guy, and there's definitely friendship between him and Apple. Saying otherwise goes against everything we've been shown about him.

Now, yes, I believe there is no romance between Darling and Apple. I also believe that's the point. Apple has always had tunnel-vision when it came to her Destiny. She would never even consider anyone else but Daring as her future husband, because that's just the way the Story goes. She had a strict vision about her future, and eventhough Raven challenged that notion, but that is an external challenge. Now, the fact that Darling woke her up mean Apple's struggle with her Destiny is no longer an external one, as with Raven, but an internal challenge, between what she believes her Destiny should be and what it actually is.

But none of that is spelled out in the movie. Should it be? Any same-sex attraction shouldn't, no, because the point is that Apple never considered that. But making clear that not everybody will fulfill their Destiny the way they expect it to should have been made more clear. You could with some generosity say that Darling said as much just before she did whatever to Apple, but something like this should be expressed by the character of Apple herself, and not a third party.

...but we should really continue this on /co/. That is the place for it, after all.
>>
>>5528104
You know what I find funny is that even with people saying that the story of EAH is better. I find the characters much worst than MH. I mean if you think about it a lot of them are horrible people. They condemn people just because it's the thing to do and it's the way it has always been. Imo a lot of people in EAH are bigots vs being flawed like MH but saying that there also a few bigots in MH. But the main message in MH is fighting that kind of hate with everything you got.
EAH tries to do it but it just doesn't feel genuine about being letting you have a choice. If you get what I'm saying. Apple is a shit person by the way imo.
>>
>>5528765
>Apple is a shit person by the way imo.
Your taste is shit.
>>
>>5511860
It gives the artist's tumblr link right under their names, you dip.
>>
>>5528765
1: Apple ain't shit, you are shit.

2: I can't say much about MH, since I've never actually seen it. But EAH feels more real, in that there is a consequence to people's actions. People aren't bigots, but it's their duty to guide these students towards functioning members of society. They have a responsibility towards society, and if they do not live up to their responsibility, there will be consequences. That is a fact. Without Snow White, there is no Kingdom of Snow White, and what will happen to its citizens? Apple carries that burden of responsibility on her shoulders every day. Should she have the freedom to choose her own destiny? Theoretically, yes, but practically, that means thousands, if not millions of people will be dragged along with Apple's choice. Is that doing right by them? No, it's not. And just saying "they have to deal with change" is not a strong enough argument to throw an entire kingdom into turmoil.

It's easy for MH students to be free. They have no responsibilities. But when thousands of people rely on you, yes, you're right, it does feel like you don't really have a choice. That's life.
>>
>>5528843
>>5530196
Hmm....let me see. Never tries to see things from Raven's pov. Always tries to make Raven do things she is dead set against (ie poisoning Apple). When she has issues with how her life is going does she talk it out with Raven. No, she goes on a triage and then in a fit of rage. Breaks EQ out of mirror prison and nearly dooms all of EVER AFTER LAND and Raven to a future of darkness. Most of the people eah Don't want especially Raven! How is that not being a shorty person? That it was fixed at the end doesn't change the fact that Apple causes all this shit to happen in the first place.
>>
>>5531452
*shitty person
Stupid auto-correct
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (31 KB, 300x278) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
31 KB, 300x278
I want all the shipperfags to go back to their circlejerk board where they belong.

You are derailing a doll discussion thread over ships Mattel will never sail. Go fuck yourselves.

>inb4 muh cartoon canon
They're goddamn dolls you delusional sociopaths. Stop getting so sweaty over "muh lesbians" or whatever.

>>5524869
Not necessarily all MH but I've done the same before. It's better to list them as individually as you can, although putting a few things in lots is fine if you think something won't sell by itself.

Pic related, although this is more of a thing for custom artists do with unwanted parts.
>>
>>5504235
I think the new doll's face looks more like the anime than the old one, and if the old accessories still fit with the new ones then changing her outfit is not a big deal.
>>
>>5528765
>>5530196
>>5531452
Take this shit back to /co/
>>
File: tumblr_o2yq41eoDK1uhbl4lo1_540.gif (2 MB, 540x287) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2yq41eoDK1uhbl4lo1_540.gif
2 MB, 540x287
>>5532259
What, and kill the thread? NEVAR!
>>
Any UK fags here feeling like you're going to give up buying locally? I usually go to Smyths but I went today and there's just so many Legacy Day dolls and they even shortened the number of EAH and MH dolls (but just a bit)
>>
>>5534504
Not UK, but just a short boatride away, and over here, there aren't even any EAH dolls in store anymore.

Not that that's anything new, I used to get all my Transformers from the internet as well since there's never any in the actual stores.
>>
>>5534504
I get all mine from Sainsbury's, my local store is huge and has a massive range of dolls. And as an employee I get discount and can also use Nectar points for money off so works out great for me.
>>
>>5516673
Wow that looks great, got any more examples?
>>
File: IMG_4830[1].jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4830[1].jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I see why That Monster High soft reebot needs to happen soon
>>
>>5537373
>Spanish
>Posting a single pic as if it means anything.
>Too retard to re-size your pics.

You're the same anon from those threads back in december who was screaming about the (MH) world's ending because the shelves still had merchandise before the important dates, right? Are you trying to made a name for yourself, like that greg meme?
>>
>>5537775
I wasnt screaming about "Ending", i just ask "if the shelves are full, does that mean it isnt doing good?
and here is the exact same shelve after the "important dates" and still really similar (even at the time, it was past christmas)
>>
>>5538750
No, it just means the store is good at restocking. Empty shelves are a huge no no in retail.
>>
>>5537373
>6 months without interest!

Are Mexicans that poor that it takes them months to pay off a $15 doll?

OR is that sign saying Abbey has been sat on the shelf for six months without any interest from customers? heh.. heh.. Poor Abbey.
>>
>>5538782
almost everything on that shelve have 60% off

but Im going to say that i cant secure it isnt restock. So you got me there
>>
>>5538799
To be fair.
Lets say the lowest paid salary is what... $8 an hour at some places?
Over here, is little more of that, but for 8 hours of work, not just 1

>>5538799
But I would say is more that the media precence isnt that strong, sure there is the movies, and some specials from time to time, but are air mostly one or twice a year.
instead of having a regular show.

and the theme of monsters maybe dont trigger with parents that much, and like the kids are not ultra attach to the characters, they are not going to push really hard their parents to say "I want a Draculaura" and keep saying that until she gets it.

on contrast, the Color Horses Shelves were empty. (except for some Ugly as hell Pen/Doll). Because it have a decent show with regular air times.
>>
>>5538822
but again, im just thinking out loud, there could be other reasons

So dont get mad at me
>>
>>5538799
Well, at one hand, Mexico is a third world country, therefore their wages are lower. While you're arguing over raising the minimal wage from $7.5 per hour, the minimal wage in Mexico is $4 per day. Also, those dolls are actually priced a bit higher than $15. The boo york dolls costs $20 for starters.

Now, at the other hand, it isn't as bad as it sounds. That offer is only valid if the customer purchases certain amount of merchandise (usually, around $35, but the store keeps the merchandise until the customer pays all and the time limit is 2 or 3 months; as for credit cards, the offer is only valid if you spend twice that much), and usually these offers apply to all the department, rarely is "only for MH dolls".

Which, hilariously, defeats the original point by that anon. If the store is having some kind of offer on certain merchandise, for obvious reasons they want to have the shelves full of said merchandise. I mean, who would put a "50% off in all the merchandise on this shelve" sign if the shelves are empty?

Whoever have the minimal experience and knowledge about retail should know when the stores launch offers like months without interest, is usually because they have a large stock to move. Which is actually a good sign most of the time.

The only worrisome signs are the huge discounts (like 40% off), the bargain bins and, ironically, empty shelves.
>>
File: rocksie090316.jpg (70 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
rocksie090316.jpg
70 KB, 528x960
I'm too tired and busy to make the singlet that I wanted to, so I'm calling Rocksie Moss finished now. I'm pretty happy with my first attempt at a custom.
>>
>>5540132
Awesome! I still love how well her body paint turned out, and her hair colour and flocking looks ace!
>>
>>5540132
Not great but not terrible, keep practicing and you'll get there.
>>
Does anyone collect the Frightmares? Are they worth it? I think a few of them are cute but they seem to be Mattel's shot at MLP.
>>
File: daringbeast.jpg (85 KB, 540x642) Image search: [Google]
daringbeast.jpg
85 KB, 540x642
Daring Charming confirmed as Zootopia character... I mean The Beast.
>>
File: tumblr_o3st7tIueo1saq70co1_1280.png (825 KB, 587x1050) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3st7tIueo1saq70co1_1280.png
825 KB, 587x1050
>>5542453
Also confirmed for molded hair and pants, shoes that are not removable, and a one piece jacket.
>>
>>5542478
>tfw I'm glad I got his betamax brother when I could.
It would be ironic that best boy got worst doll.
>>
File: IMG_2296.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2296.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
i've never owned any dolls before but i just picked up a few because i thought they were cute
>>
>>5542478
Why would they do this to best boy?
>>
>>5542478
... WHY?!
I mean, the molded HAIR was terrible enough, but combining that with MOLDED PANTS, NO KNEES OR ANKLES, and NON REMOVABLE SHOES?!
What the fucking hell is this, Mattel?!
>>
>>5542555
>>5542621
The person who took the pictures also confirmed that he's a skintone match for the beta king so at least he can be body swapped. I just hope that that hair is removable too.
>>
>>5542621
>>5543021
actually i'm glad he has molded hair. dexter and hunter have boring hair which makes it easy to gel/style. daring's is a bit more detailed so the molded part makes sense. i'd rather it already be perfect than have to deal with trying to make it look accurate.
>>
>>5542582
>mira doll
good choice m8
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
Oh snap, Wal-Mart! What are you doing? You're drunk. Go home.

Never seen Wally World clearance out stuff this fast or this cheap.
>>
>>5542621
Mattel make a lot of dumb decisions, like not making Frankie's dad a greaser in Freaky Fusion.

http://byronleboe.tumblr.com/post/140743338737/originally-in-freaky-fusion-the-girls-were-going
>>
>>5543375
I hope you snapped them up too
>>
File: P2280002.jpg (599 KB, 1932x1315) Image search: [Google]
P2280002.jpg
599 KB, 1932x1315
>>5543672

I did and then some.

Picked up five Kittys, plus a Poppy for $2.50 each. Plus I got two of those MiWorld props for my Marvel Legend guys to play with at $1.25 each. And GI Joe cup for a quarter. Because awesome that's why. It all rang up under $20.

There was also couple of WWF mix & match wrestler sets for $2.50, EQG archer dolls for $2.00 each, and some of the Mattel Disney Princess dolls for $1.50. Wal-Mart practically never drops prices this fast and this deep on clearance items. They usually like to squeeze every dollar on an item no matter how old. I checked another WM on the way back and they didn't have their clearance stuff reduced this low. It must be a one store fluke thing or something.

Oh, and FYI, don't ask to buy a Kitty off of me at cost. One Kitty & the Poppy are for me. Two Kitties are going into storage for future Christmas and/or Birthday presents. The remaining two are going to be sold to cover the cost of another plastic crack purchase.
>>
>>5543763
It's possible that the Walmart you went to was on the chopping block for stories. So everything must go so I guess you got lucky unless that's the store you frequent. Then it's SoL for bargains from that store soon.
>>
>>5543788

Oh I doubt that.

It's quite a popular WM that's in a prime location in a college town. There was the new wave of ML on the shelves along with all the Easter stuff in full display. It's highly unlikely that it's going under anytime soon.
>>
File: 1438711028791.png (16 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1438711028791.png
16 KB, 633x758
>>5543375
>>5543763
It's time for me to commit sudoku I guess
>>
>>5542582
Congrats on teenage mom and Easter edition of qt bunny waifu.
>>
>>5542478
>molded pants
They didn't want us to hot glue Daring.

At least Daring's character makes a lot more sense now.
>>
>>5532605
>amazing 2D designs for dragons
>toys look absolutely nothing like their 2D designs

for what purpose
>>
>>5545930
>Mattel
Hmm, I wonder.
>>
>>5545930
Those eyes make them look like personal small equines.
>>
>>5546488
That's probably the intention.
>>
File: nina thumbell.jpg (120 KB, 715x477) Image search: [Google]
nina thumbell.jpg
120 KB, 715x477
Nina Thumbell in box
i hope these are just bad angles because the prototype images looked so much better
>>
>>5548356
Not really digging the blonde hair and dark skin combo. Reminds me of ganguro.
>>
>>5548356
Kinda disappointed they didn't make her Megabloks minifigure sized and include her with one of the other characters.

So I guess she has the power to shrink at will? Why else would she be normal sized?
>>
>>5548356

Dem lips.
>>
>>5548763
She has the same face design as Justine, I don't really see a problem.
>>5548621
Yeah, it was in one of the diaries that she's on the cheerhex squad and she's able to shrink whenever she wants.
>>
File: tumblr_o3z55lleo41tvoikco2_1280.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3z55lleo41tvoikco2_1280.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>5548356
better close up of her face. this one looks better so i'm thinking those were at a bad angle or something
>>
>>5548356
>necklace is pink
>belt is green and yellow
>mattel truly cba to make their own art match up
>>
are there any good stores or websites to buy monster high from Australia?

I want to get vandala but not sure if it's worth the price in most stores I've been
>>
>>5550669
If you can order directly from Amazon USA you should be able to get her for a decent price,

If not, I personally wouldn't mind ordering it and sending it your way. What's the going rate over there right now?
>>
>>5548356
Why do they always take away the earrings? Can't we get one doll that keeps her earrings Mattel?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457979079250.jpg (220 KB, 1280x1726) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457979079250.jpg
220 KB, 1280x1726
Meeshell Mermaid

>>5550910
the ones cupidca are posting (like this one) are final prototypes for the final product so the actual doll will have the accessories
>>
>>5548356
>>5550986
>>5542478
I think I'm going to be dropping this line. Ever since losing the Disney princesses Mattel has gone full retard with all their cuts and at this point the newer dolls almost look like knockoffs.
>>
File: Mattel on EAH distribution.jpg (163 KB, 425x425) Image search: [Google]
Mattel on EAH distribution.jpg
163 KB, 425x425
>>5551200
>>
>>5551200
really? i think meeshell looks way better than the prototype that got leaked months back. she's much better now
>>
File: tumblr_o3zsckkhvG1slrjxfo1_500.png (388 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o3zsckkhvG1slrjxfo1_500.png
388 KB, 500x500
>>5551200
Honestly the ones that piss me off are these. Like I get what they're for but I feel like these are part of the reason the signatures are starting to go downhill. I'll always be happy for new signatures because hey, new characters. But Mattel is spreading themselves thin trying to please everyone and cover all their bases that they're losing what made EAH and MH (MH more) more appealing in the first place.
>>
File: tumblr_o21j4bus9j1v7tpx5o1_540.jpg (111 KB, 540x592) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o21j4bus9j1v7tpx5o1_540.jpg
111 KB, 540x592
>>5551346
While she looks better than the prototype, she still looks cheap. The lack of hair styling, missing print and paint detail, and skimping on the accessories just really sucks. Just look at this character design. She should've been gorgeous.
>>
>>5551365
This gimmicky bullshit is part of what cost them the Disney princess license in the first place. I'm starting to wonder it Mattel is deliberately trying to sabotage EAH.
>>
>>5551377
Considering how they ran their DC figures into the ground, I don't doubt it.
>>
>>5551372
>not knowing what a final prototype is
Did you even read what the original poster said? This isn't even finished. You're not wrong but you're expecting product that's not even finished to be flawless.
>>
>>5551400
I hope I'm wrong but Mattel hasn't had a particularly good track record of late.
>>
File: 1455831766551.png (753 KB, 629x754) Image search: [Google]
1455831766551.png
753 KB, 629x754
>>5551409
>maybe they'll release a ramona doll with the fall wave
>ramona has a lot of details
>tfw mattel
>>
>>5550778
I ended up caving and paying $30 aus dollars for her.

All I need now is a Skelita.
>>
>>5550986
I kind of want her outfit for one of my Lagoonas. Not hot for the doll itself though.

>>5550910
Fuckin' hell, right? I felt the same way about Kiyomi and thought I'd gotten a defective doll when I opened her up.
>>
>>5551249
Actually, the latest/upcoming re-release of the first four are less cheap than the previous one; everyone gets to have their accessories. Sure, the accessories are not painted, like the original release had, but at least they haven't been stripped away all together.
>>
>Great Scarrier Reef finally out on DVD.
>Now begins long wait for any information on Welcome to Monster High.

Shriekwrecked comes out soon, right? About what time did we start seeing Freak du Chic in stores last year?
>>
>>5553323
first half of the year dolls generally start hitting stores between april and june, iirc i think that's when i first started seeing WTW, Haunted, Gloom n Bloom and the new EAH signatures. although the last one didn't really hit stores til about may
>>
>>5553508
fml i meant Spring Unsprung
>>
File: dc superhero girls dolls.jpg (713 KB, 1280x1330) Image search: [Google]
dc superhero girls dolls.jpg
713 KB, 1280x1330
DC Superhero Girls dolls.
>>
File: cirque.jpg (2 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
cirque.jpg
2 MB, 3888x2592
>>5554387
>Harley
>superpower
>acrobat
>pic related are superheroes
>>
>>5554387
Yes? And?
>>
>>5554387
Where's Katana? :( there needs to be more ethnically oriented dolls here in America...
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 640x1136
New Duchess
>>
>>5555071
yeah, that's the budget birthday ball duchess. blondie and cupid are the other budget ones.
>>5554914
i THINK katana is a later release because i know supergirl and batgirl are being released in a month or so so maybe she's with them.
>>
>>5554387
>Harley's molded tights
they're not even trying at this point
>>
File: P3050003.jpg (752 KB, 1184x1638) Image search: [Google]
P3050003.jpg
752 KB, 1184x1638
>>5554387

I picked up Wondy last week and she's fab. Good sturdy doll with a nice outfit. I was surprised as to how massive she was to your standard Babs & MH dolls. But don't let the back of the box fool you. The doll can't stand on her own.
>>
>>5555646
But it says can stand on own on the box!
>>
File: 1427210722195.gif (446 KB, 280x153) Image search: [Google]
1427210722195.gif
446 KB, 280x153
>>5555654
>believing the back of the box
>in 2016
>>
File: P3050001.jpg (848 KB, 1669x1427) Image search: [Google]
P3050001.jpg
848 KB, 1669x1427
>>5555646

Here's a pic of Wondy in scale with MH, Barbie, and an old Jem doll. She's a big girl... For you.

While Wondy is a nice doll, I don't see myself picking up any other doll in the line as the designs & characters aren't that interesting to me. That may change once we see what wave two has to offer. Here's hoping for Catwoman, Cheetah, or Gigantia.

ALSO:

>Go back to Target a week after picking up Wondy.
>All the other dolls are gone except for 4 Bumblebee dolls out of the original 4 case lot assortment.
>Muh Diversity strikes again.
>Hue hue hue!
>>
File: 1010b.jpg (31 KB, 185x295) Image search: [Google]
1010b.jpg
31 KB, 185x295
>>5555654

>What Mattel says:
"Doll can stand on her own!"

>What Mattel means:
"We're too cheap to add a stand!"
>>
>>5555669
Yep. Thankfully I have a few of the bigger MH braces I can use.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1936x2592
>>5555659
That poor Jem, fortunately mine is still mint
>>
Sale is on at Big W for the Glowsome Ghoulfish and GSR lines. Didn't find a single non-wonky Toralei, so found the least-wonky one I could. Sad to have missed the buy one get one 1/2 off at Target before the shelves got gutted, though. They were wrecked and only old stock was left.

I can't believe we still have fuckin' Freaky Fusion dolls hanging around.
>>
>>5555853

My local Wally-World still has Scaris Catrine... FOR FULL PRICE!

And I was a sucker to buy her on the same day I spotted her three years ago.
>>
File: tumblr_o2s08l7VAi1qeq8xmo1_500.jpg (144 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2s08l7VAi1qeq8xmo1_500.jpg
144 KB, 500x350
>>5555659
Jem's not looking very outrageous these days.

>>5555669
Ain't that the truth? I'm currently digging around for some extra MH stands now.
>>
>>5555865
I was at Target one day and they had a Scaris Rochelle for $10 because it was ordered online and returned, best deal I ever got.
>>
File: Bruce Timm Black Canary.jpg (121 KB, 613x800) Image search: [Google]
Bruce Timm Black Canary.jpg
121 KB, 613x800
>>5554387
>No Black Canary
who gives a singular fuck
>>
File: Starfire_in_the_Moonlight.jpg (80 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Starfire_in_the_Moonlight.jpg
80 KB, 1024x768
>>5556581

>Implying that BC, Huntress, Zartanna, Starfire, Raven, Power Girl, et all won't be revealed in future waves.
>>
File: 21.00.04.jpg (94 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
21.00.04.jpg
94 KB, 1024x576
>>5556708
Starfire's design is pretty cute too. I hope her doll ends up with ombre hair.
>>
>>5556811

Oh snap! Starfire & Miss Martian are officially in this? I never bothered with the cartoon. But I'm now interested in this toyline. Raven when?
>>
File: Mi7TT4d.png (2 MB, 1360x730) Image search: [Google]
Mi7TT4d.png
2 MB, 1360x730
>>5556834
It's only a matter of time. There's been a shit ton of cameos and bit parts with cute designs that I really hope get made into dolls.
>>
>tfw this usually ends up being the Mattel general
that's not a bad thing though
>>
File: 1415903336300.gif (245 KB, 382x512) Image search: [Google]
1415903336300.gif
245 KB, 382x512
>>5556907
>mfw jinx in the background
Noice
>>
>>5556907
Who's the gray kid with purple spots on his head? Psimon?
>>
>>5555865
Yeah. The FF dolls are still full price. Which is the thing about Australian stores: there is no such thing as clearance.

Kmart will drop to $10 sometimes, and you might find dolls at the Reject Shop (sort of like Australian Big Lots) if there were too many on the market (ie: Haunted Rochelle ended up there for $10). But otherwise? "Clearance" is $19 instead of $22 or $27 instead of $32.
>>
>>5556811
>two layers of lockers for flying students
>people wear skirts
this wouldn't work in highschool, even hero school
>>
>>5558761
Works for me.
>>
>>5556811
Why is Wonder Woman wearing a skirt here when her doll wears pants?
>>
>>5559479
Wondy's initial look is a skirt but her new supersuit gives her pants. It explains it if you watch the videos.
>>
>>5558761
A lot of the students probably have x-ray vision or something, so wearing clothes around them is pointless anyway.
>>
This is the closest we may get to a Monster High dating sim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFIoUXV6ATU
>>
>>5534504
UK anon here again

>Goes to Gloucester
>Has TRU
>It's probably bigger
>Hoping more EAH
>Looks for the shelves
>Less dolls than Smyths
>Most being the shitty re-release dolls

I fucking give up, I'm surprised I was able to get 3 different signatures.
>>
>>5561184
yeah EAH don't seem to be doing so well here in the UK...

I have no hope for the DC Superhero Dolls but a friend of mine who works in The Entertainer said they'll be getting them in pretty soon
>>
>>5561541
EAH doesn't seem to be doing so well anywhere. Poor marketing decisions. Cutting out accessories. And now cutting out stands. They're not going to be around past 2016, I reckon.
>>
>>5561673

And don't forget, they cost Mattel the Disney Princess license! And all because they wanted a "friendlier" counterpart to Monster High.
>>
>>5561541

They're constantly sold out so you might wanna rethink
>>
I love EAH, the storyline far surpasses MH..

But honestly EAH is just as popular as MH, just look at their instagrams they get about the same amount of likes on everything

All the while Bratz is struggling with sponsored ads and barely 1k likes after a week of the same photo
>>
>finally decided to unbox my W2 Legacy Day dolls
>The details are amazing
>decide to get Ashlynn too since all her dolls are strangely beautiful
>expensive as fuck

What the hell? Was it the shitty distribution or something? Because the W1 LD dolls are cheap but W2 are expensive as fuck on the secondary markets.
>>
>>5562135
I can't wait to see the SDCC EAH exclusive. I didn't care much for Evil Queen Raven, but the Cerise Wolf doll was amazing.
>>
>>5562222
Try finding the winter fairest ones for cheap, that was teh series that nearly passed me by due to me wanting to get them on sale which they never had.
>>
>>5562236
Yeah I saw. It's criminal how expensive they are. That Ashlynn is 2 beautiful.
>>
>>5561980
Yuuuuuup. Only dolls I've been excited about in months were Dragon Games and Book Party. Birthday Ball was stupid, and scented dolls always suck. The most recent sigs are all getting stripped of details left and right, and the Epic Winter line is shaping up to be Epic Wanker line instead.

>>5562135
>is just as popular as MH
Maybe in terms of media, but the sales were miniscule by comparison. $53 million to EAH versus $721 million to MH in 2014. Numers for 2015 aren't out yet.

And if it were selling well, why are they making so many obvious budget cuts without changing price points? EAH was great for the fancy clothes, but every doll now has single piece ensembles and unpainted plastic accessories. MH is likewise losing detail, but their real estate in shops hasn't changed much. Most stores in my area have pared EAH back to a section of 3 x 5 boxes, with maybe a stack 2 deep. It'd a bit scary if they weren't so overpriced here.
>>
I'm thinking of buying and customizing a MH sometime, doing a faceup and maybe rerooting hair
I'm gonna get a primer, obviusly, but can you use the primer as a sealant too? Or do you need something else for that?
>>
>>5562265

In my local stores the shelf real estate for MH has gone WAY down recently but that might be a regional thing or something
>>
>>5563117

Yeah, sure. Use that primer as a sealant as soon as you get done painting. It'll dry clear, so don't worry if it goes on a certain color.
>>
Hello anons.
I have a lot of Monter High and Ever After High dolls, around 40~.
I wanna buy an Obitsu body and I was wondering if I can use the clothes from MH or EAH. Maybe the 23cm or the 25cm version could work.
Anyone have tried this? Thanks in advance
>>
Jillian Beanstalk out of box
aside from the shit lighting, i think she may be my favorite
>>
>>5561673
>cutting out stands
they still have stands, what? the budget/eco ones don't but mh budget ones never did either.
>>
>>5564622
Holy shit, she is gorgeous

Like her face is so pretty, probably my favorite of the 3 new signatures.
>>
>>5564622
>her braid
>her smile
easily my new favorite, no question
>>
File: tumblr_o1q5mfGOt81saq70co1_1280.jpg (324 KB, 1280x814) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1q5mfGOt81saq70co1_1280.jpg
324 KB, 1280x814
>>5564622
Best of the new girls and one of the few that I think looks better than their toon counterpart.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 240x237) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 240x237
>>5564794

>Dat team multidiversity.
>>
>>5564794
>nina will never look as good as her animated counterpart
I like her doll but her animation is just cuter.
>>
>>5564622
when the prototype images leaked, she was my least favorite. i don't know why. but honestly, i think she's going to be the first one i go for.
>>
>>5563117
Get yourself either Mr. Super Clear or Testors Dullcoat, you'll want a matte finish. These can be used as both a primer layer and to seal. Only use glossy sealants for eyes and lips, otherwise you'll have have shiny faced dolls.

I posted links to two great sites here >>5516535
>>
>>5564625
Nope. Dragon Games' second wave is getting stands nixed. People in Canada, Mexico, Australia, Singapore and Austria have bitched about it on Instagram and a forum I'm on so far. They even covered the contents over with a sticker that no longer lists the stand.

I wouldn't be surprised if Epic Winter follows the same pattern. USA/NA first release as stands, international release and next round does not.
>>
File: tumblr_o4ey5yf5IP1sjafxmo1_1280.jpg (396 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4ey5yf5IP1sjafxmo1_1280.jpg
396 KB, 960x1280
>>5565315
I'm from Mexico and my Mira Shards, luckily came with the stand.
Some acquaintances have been bitching about this problem on others Dragon Games dolls
>>
>>5565333
Yeah. Mira and the recent signatures seem safe. Holly, Raven, Darling and Poppy all have had reports of stands not being in the box. One Canadian said that his box packaging was actually reprinted, rather than a label being put over the original contents, so I don't think this was just a manufacturing mistake they tried to cover up.
>>
>>5565315
>second wave
They're doing a W2 for Dragon Games?
>>5565337
Wait nevermind, I misunderstood.
>>
>>5565585
Sorry, not sure what else to call it.

Not so much new dolls as W2 as "rerelease" of the same dolls. Kind of how they strip down sig dolls of extra accessories a few months after release.

One user in Canada posted photos from TRU of dolls which had stands next to dolls without. Same price. Same assortment. Just no stands. It's pretty fuckin' sneaky, really.
>>
File: IT BEGINS.jpg (3 KB, 126x95) Image search: [Google]
IT BEGINS.jpg
3 KB, 126x95
>>5503954
>>5504980
>>
File: awUODRg.jpg (954 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
awUODRg.jpg
954 KB, 1536x2048
First dolls. Rate and hate.
>>
>>5565907
>vandala
good choice desu
>>
>>5563303
>>5565229
Thanks!
>>
>>5563977

The Obitsus are too curvy for the anorexic MH/EAH clothes
>>
File: 81jqL79IiLL._SL1500_.jpg (132 KB, 1083x1500) Image search: [Google]
81jqL79IiLL._SL1500_.jpg
132 KB, 1083x1500
>>5565907
Original Rochelle Goyle.

I had watched many Monster High videos on YouTube and wanted a Draculaura and so I went to the only place that sold Monster High in my area back then and the only things they had on the shelf were Ghouls Rule, Roller Maze and the wave which had Rochelle, Venus and Robecca. So I looked at what they had and decided which was the best girl and picked Rochelle and was very happy with her.

All my dolls look pristine still however for some reason Rochelle is showing her age, chipped face paint, hair is greasy and falling out and her outfit has lost its shine which is a shame.
>>
>>5565333
I'm from mexico
Bought a jolly and a raven from dragon games
They are probably the most beautiful dolls I've seen but they don't have stands
I'm using stands from other dolls I don't like so much for a while until I can go to a flea market and buy some
>>
File: skully.jpg (236 KB, 1280x1676) Image search: [Google]
skully.jpg
236 KB, 1280x1676
The MH fandom finally has its own Derpy Hooves. There's loads of art for this girl already on Tumblr.
>>
>>5567744
who dis

>>5565907
>>5567064
Lagoona. Wasn't interested in collecting dolls when they first came out over here, got her because she seemed the most original of the original five. I only got interested again by the time Abbey was released, lol.
>>
>>5567899
>who dis
Skully Bonezone.
>>
>>5567930
that still wouldn't tell me who that is
>>
>>5554387
>>5555646
Does anyone have any suggestions where I could get these online/irl in Canada? Amazon prices are crazy and with the dollar + shipping I don't want to kill my wallet.
>>
promo shots for the reboot basics

http://darth-alinart.tumblr.com/post/141546354907/frankie-stein-draculaura-cleo-de-nile-clawdeen#notes
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.