[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big vs Small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: armoredlifesize0001.jpg (164 KB, 1280x1850) Image search: [Google]
armoredlifesize0001.jpg
164 KB, 1280x1850
Miniatures or big figs, which do you prefer, and why?

Also how big is too big?
>>
>>5492966
Man why are Batman's movie costumes always so shitty?
>>
>>5492990
But BvS Batman looks gr8
>>
>>5493008
Mask looks stupid as fuck imo.
>>
>>5493025
Well that's just like your opinion man.
>>
>>5492966
1/12 is the perfect size.
1/18 is too tiny.
1/6 is a doll and feels weird to both display and play with.

Also, how can this be Batman if he doesn't have the bat symbol?
>>
Although I like this design I cannot help but think of it as poorly thought out. What's the point of an armored suit when your fucking mouth and surrounding area is exposed?
>>
>>5492966
Hot Toys life size figures are basically statues right? I remember Boba Fett just had neck articulation.
>>
File: frank miller statue .jpg (244 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
frank miller statue .jpg
244 KB, 1000x1000
>>5493079
>Also, how can this be Batman if he doesn't have the bat symbol?

That's just how Frank Miller designed it.

Its funny, a lot of the criticisms in this thread(and elsewhere) seem to stem from hem actually being pretty faithful to the batman armor frank Miller designed.
>>
>>5493157
This
Assuming the plot follows TDKR's to some degree, it'd be fucking dumb to wear a bright yellow symbol saying I AM A VIGILANTE PLEASE SHOOT ME
>>
>>5492966
Who would want this?
>>
>>5493177
>it'd be fucking dumb to wear a bright yellow symbol saying I AM A VIGILANTE PLEASE SHOOT ME
Only if you're dealing with superpowered alien men. It's perfect for dumb as fuck criminals.
>>
>>5492966
PAK and anything larger is too big and a complete waste of resources
>>
>>5493224
Bored well-off people.

In some collection thread someone posted their collection of detolfs full of Star Wars/Iron Man/ Halo/etc statues and figures, saying it was the result of his depression and emptiness.And another anon just ripped into him, with a very poignant answer: he was just a regular person like anyone else who instead of latching on to a sports team or celebrity gossip like other normal people, he latched onto the most popular and well-known nerd franchises. Rather than develop his own tastes and make a fulfilling collection, he just began buying up the most expensive things in recognizable franchises to give himself a persona.
>>
>>5493264
That thread's still up.
>>
File: IMG_9101.jpg (696 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9101.jpg
696 KB, 1920x1080
I'm both a minifag and bigfag, not much love for the in-between scales. Wildly unpopular opinion 'round here, I know. I'll try to explain it from my POV:

When it comes to large scale dioramas like war scenes, chases, giant monsters etc, miniatures are perfect. Like getting a birds-eye view of a fictional world. It's pretty neat when it's done right. I'm working on trying to recreate Immortan Joe's convoy in miniature scale at the moment.

Sixth scale is my limit when it comes to bigger figures (1/4th scale is way unnecessarily too big) and I like those for more up close, personal type dioramas. High quality stuff, like Hot Toys. It can look spectacular with the right equipment; here's a picture I took last night to test some simple lighting for a scene.

Anyway, I guess I should address that I'm not a big anime fan like I know 80% of /toy/ is. I get that's why Figmas and Revoltechs are the hottest commodity around here. They've done some work that I found very impressive (I have the revo Raiden and MGS1 minis myself; I liked Snake and Grey Fox more personally since they went with a smaller scale) but I admit fully that I'm not the target audience in that case. But that's just my opinion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>5493264
Those "show you collection" or "how much is too much?" threads always depress the fuck out of me.
>>
>>5493177
>Assuming the plot follows TDKR's to some degree
>Wonder woman
>Lex Luthor using doomsday to attack both supes and bats.

Yeah, no.
>>
File: punisher hasbro.jpg (63 KB, 600x345) Image search: [Google]
punisher hasbro.jpg
63 KB, 600x345
>>5493177
the rationale behind having a bright target on your chest is that they'll aim for that, where you're wearing body armor, instead of at your head.
>>
File: wf2016w-15-9.jpg (98 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
wf2016w-15-9.jpg
98 KB, 1200x675
Too small and there's loss of detail, too big and it's hardly a toy, more of a display piece you don't feel like posing

>how big is too big
That's subjective, what's small for me might be too big (for you)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.