[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anybody have one of these bad boys? how does it handle and how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: aci23-10.jpg (45 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
aci23-10.jpg
45 KB, 800x600
anybody have one of these bad boys? how does it handle and how much did you pay for it?

also post your depression over the lack of historical knight figures
>>
File: fysquf.png (149 KB, 300x296) Image search: [Google]
fysquf.png
149 KB, 300x296
>200~ dollars

I wish I never saw this thread. Fuck.
>>
>>5470543
I have it and i like it. The articulation could be better but the accessories and sculpt are pretty great but thats the case for most of 1/6 figures.
>>
File: Gearup.jpg (435 KB, 781x900) Image search: [Google]
Gearup.jpg
435 KB, 781x900
>>5470543
>also post your depression over the lack of historical knight figures

At this point, I have very little to be depressed about.
>>
>>5470891
The fuck is that thing and where can I buy it.
>>
File: load out.jpg (437 KB, 900x712) Image search: [Google]
load out.jpg
437 KB, 900x712
>>5470898
The base figure is one of the Mythic Legions test shot figures, and outside of incredibly over priced versions on ebay, you can't buy it. But when the line officially launches (sometime in April at this point) there will be colored versions of this guy and tons of other characters (including dwarves, skeletons, orcs, vampires and even a minotaur) you can get from the Fourhorsemen's webshop.

His accessories however are all stolen/customs from other figures and raw materials. His gear is still a wip as I need to finish painting his Zweihander (which he sadly can't two hand), and I have to craft up a sheath for it and a way for him to store his bow when not in use.

I also may try to paint him or at least add some highlights or something, but at this point I have very little experience with painting figures so I'd prefer to practice on things that aren't as rare or nice looking as this guy.
>>
>>5470932
Except literally every figure on that site is sold out.
>>
>>5474496
They're all pre-orders and test shots.
>>
File: Boneheight.jpg (436 KB, 900x793) Image search: [Google]
Boneheight.jpg
436 KB, 900x793
>>5474496
...which is why I said you can't buy it.

Everything on the site right now is previous, short-run figure lines or limited pre-orders which were only open for a month or so. The line isn't officially supposed to come out until sometime in (possibly) April, everything they've already sold were just overpriced samples (which even they noted sold out crazy fast, seen in the description to their Sir Valgard test shot).

There still is a chance for other people to get in on this, but when they do go up for sale they'll most likely open up pre-orders for people who backed the Kickstarter initially and then after a day or so will open up for the rest of the public. Chances are most of these guys will go really fast, but hopefully the 4H plan for this and will have plenty of these guys in stock. Unlike previous figure lines from the 4H, this one is supposedly one they'll want to keep making figures of, restocking the figures that sell the fastest would be the best way to keep this line strong imo.
>>
>>5475611
>unlike previous figure lines from the 4H
Does that mean that they're not gonna restock any of that cool Gothitropolis shit I just looked through? The only one they said anything about making more of was that eagle one.
>>
>>5470891
>that creaturreplica werewolf in the background
aye, man, how you liking it? I haven't gotten to fiddle with mine yet due to moving.
>>
>>5470932
The test shot looks cooler than the colors they seem to be going with.
>>
>>5475632
They're kinda re-releasing six of the originals, in addition to the eagle while releasing six 'new' birds. They had a pre-order open for about a month for em and now they're in the production stages. Once they come in they'll sell whatever wasn't pre-ordered on their site, but it'll probably be a limited amount.

It kinda sucks but the 4H generally only do short runs of their figures and I'm hoping that practice changes with the ML line.

>>5475695
He's an amazing beast, but his upper bulk seems to be affecting his lower joints. He's noticably more wobbly then when I first got him in hand. But god damn if he ain't fun to mess around with.

>>5475712
I wish they made some darker basic knights, but the colored ones don't look too bad imo. The basic silver knight looks real nice and seems to have a nice simple was to bring out his details, and the gold one does't seem to be as gaudy as I initially expected it to be.

That said, the golden Skeleton troop builder was dumb imo.
>>
>>5475855
Are they gonna re-release Scarabus?
>>
>>5475877
Doubtful, that line seems to be over.
>>
Huh, some of the power lords shit they have looks pretty cool, think I might get Lord Power.
>>
>>5470932
Imo I don't think you need to paint him too much. I think he really just needs some ink washing and dry brush/highlights to bring out the details more. Then seal it with some topcoat. I think he is the right color to be able to get away with not having a base coat or anything like that.
>>
>>5479768
That's actually one of the reasons I decided to buy him, it's a nice color already and all that's needed is some color to bring out the details. But the figure has a piece of forearm and neck that are actually bone (swapped from another figure) that I would actually want to paint a more bone-like color as well.

That said, I'm also wary to paint him due to his rarity as only ten versions of this particular figure were produced.
>>
>>5479980
then maybe it best to just not use top coat and use a variety of paint that is VERY easy to clean with a little alcohol. Vallejo and gundam marker tends to be very easy to clean in this way. It really should not leave behind any damage at all.

of course that is if you ever decide to take the risk in the first place. At only 10 produced I too would be super hesitant
>>
>>5474496
There's like 5 still available.
The two timekeepers, which look alright, apparently they have moving jaws which is cool, Adam Power and Lord Power which seem okay for $15 dollars. I think it's 14POA? Gripttog from the same line who looks a bit more interesting, and Argus who is on sale for 10 bucks and his accessories look pretty cool.
I'm thinking of getting some, but I'm not sure which.
>>
File: mongolheavycavalry.jpg (456 KB, 750x999) Image search: [Google]
mongolheavycavalry.jpg
456 KB, 750x999
>>5470543

>current year, still caring about knights.

Why don't you collect superior warriors instead?
>>
>>5470891
I didn't see this guy on the site. They had a similar knight with a feather on his helmet, but I really dig the sleek look of yours. It reminds me of Dark Souls.
>>
>>5470891

WTF I DIDN'T SEE THIS?!? This is all I wanted but All I got was an orange and some skellys and basic Silver knights. And those belts and accessories...
>>
>>5492009
>>5493394
It's a test shot of Owein. I think the feathers are removable on the normal version.
>>
>>5470543
>go to http://www.shopfourhorsemen.com/mythiclegions.html
>SOLD OUT, SOLD OUT everywhere
Well, that saved me a few bucks, at least. Damn, some of these look good.
>>
>>5492009
>>5493394

This particular figure was a limited run unpainted test shot figure that was further modified through mix and matching parts with another test shot and being equipped with scavanged/hand made accessories. This guy, as is was never up on the shop, and this particular color scheme was made in very small quantities.

>>5493414
The feather is indeed a modular piece, as it can be swapped out with the spike found on Skapular or the bird on Gideon's helm. Right now without the feather in place, there's just a giant hole in his head where something can peg in thT I haven't decided how to fill yet. I may try and give him some sort of thin flaming trail or something.

For the most part, the line was designed with modularity in mind. Most small parts and accessories can be swapped with no issue, torsos, necks, heads, collars, belts, pauldrons, loin pieces are all easy to remove but stay very secure when in place. Limbs can be swapped with the boil and pop method, as they were built to stay in place.

>>5493436
Give it a week. After ToyfIr, they're gonna put up pre-orders for the 'mid-wave' con reveals as well as the two massive trolls they're coming out with. They'll most likely be open for a few weeks before getting shut down so the figures can be moved into production.

In april/may, the first wave of figures is supposedly going to get released, when they do sales for the remaining non-Kickstarter based stock will go on sale on their site. At that point, all those figures (except the gold dwarf ks exclusive) will be availibile to buy until supplies run out.
>>
>>5493555
After toyfair*

...stupid ipad
>>
>>5493555
This gon' be good. Thanks, Anon!
>>
>>5493555
Thanks Anon. I really really want just a simple knight like yours. Fingers crossed eh?
>>
Are the silver knights basically just Owein without the paintjob?
>>
>>5495960
Yea, only difference is their paint and collars. They even come with the same weapon loadout, sword, spear and shield.
>>
>>5496070
I might as well get that in April then, since it's only like $18.
>>
File: bog-goblin-3.png (595 KB, 697x699) Image search: [Google]
bog-goblin-3.png
595 KB, 697x699
Holy crap I need one of these little bastards.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.