[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking about preordering something from these guys. How's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: sbXJsyVV_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
sbXJsyVV_400x400.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
Thinking about preordering something from these guys. How's their shipping?
>>
It's perfectly fine.
>>
>>5427801
Click the shipping rates button when looking at your cart. Judge what you see.
>>
>>5427807
>>5427821
Nice. I don't need to pay the Goy fee for the "collector" shipping, right?
>>
>>5427826
Only if you want to.
>>
>>5427890
I don't know, I'm just afraid they'll pull some bullshit if I don't. Might just wait for Amazon
>>
>>5427911
Like what exactly? Kick the box around a few times before shipping it out?
I've personally never had any problems with them, everything I've got from them has been well packed and priced decently enough.
>>
What's with people eing so paranoid about shipping? I've literally never had any shipping issues for my toys from any retailer, bbts,ebay,amazon,bst thread, etc. People aren't savages who break shit for fun on tv. They want their jobs. They do what they can to keep them.
>>
File: super smoke.jpg (58 KB, 259x274) Image search: [Google]
super smoke.jpg
58 KB, 259x274
>>5427917
>>5427933
Maybe I was being a little retarded there. I'm just generally paranoid I guess
>>
>>5427940
Yeah no need to worry about it mate. I have an order coming to me via their super saver shipping. Has 1 shf and 3 neca predators. Cost 5.75 and last time it got here fine. Takes about a week.
>>
File: dk-jungle-climber-thumbs-up.jpg (72 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
dk-jungle-climber-thumbs-up.jpg
72 KB, 500x416
>>5427948
Decided to just go with BBTS. Thanks for the advice
>>
>>5427801
every item you add increases the shipping amount.
>>
>>5427801

Total shit.

Completely over priced.
>>
>>5428077
not with pile of loot it doesn't.
>>
>>5427940

I've bought tons of shit from Bigbad, using their super cheap shipping option no less (because I am a patient cheapskate). They always pack everything super well, using that green bubblewrap. They're professional about it, don't worry.
>>
Their prices are pretty shitty on some figures, but as far as shipping goes, they've always been perfectly fine.
>>
>>5428077
That's why you use pile of loot. That's what it's there for.
>>
>>5428144
>>5428292
How does it work exactly?
>>
>>5428298

1.) You preorder items
2.) They all get dumped into the Pile of Loot
3.) You click a button when you want them to ship it all.

That's really all there is to it. And they'll hold items in your PoL for up to 6 months. At which point, they ship automatically.
>>
>>5428301
Sounds great. When do you pay for the items?
>>
>>5428305

You pay for them as they become available, and they get dumped in your pile of loot.

When they ship, you pay nothing, unless you make some last minute adjustments, or choose a more expensive shipping option or something.
>>
Is there any reason to not use BBTS rather than one of the Japanese sites when it comes to ordering Japanese figures? It seems like the prices come out to about the same.
>>
>>5428421

Certain figures BBTS charges way more for than Japanese sites. Even the shipping difference puts BBTS as costing more.

Outside of that, BBTS gets their shipment long after Japanese retailers do, so at best you're waiting weeks, but more likely waiting months after the figures are already out to actually get them.
>>
>>5428421
What this guy said >>5428424
As for what items might cost more, it really depends. I noticed that the Star Wars and Marvel figures cost so much on BBTS as opposed to a Japanese site, but I use BBTS for my DBZ shfs because I feel they're decently priced (most of them at least) without fucking my wallet in shipping charges.
>>
>>5427801
If you're CONUS, BBTS is pretty much the best game in town. The super saver shipping mail basically gets to any part of the country within 5 business days and you can pack in $500 worth of items and it'll be like $15 to ship it. Just to test it out I put 5 DCC Batmobiles, which are fucking huge and come in 24"+ boxes, into a cart and saw that shipping them would be $15. And since the cheapest shipping option is smartpost, that means USPS would be able to make saturday delivers depending on how it's timed.

If you're the type that orders 2 import items at a time and need it immediately, BBTS will always lose out to international import stores. Always. But if you use the Pile Of Loot option and just save all of your purchases for 180 days then ship them together, you come out way ahead just through shipping fees alone. They'll hold your items for 3 times longer than HLJ will, so the amount of money that you save on shipping huge orders is substantial if you plan ahead. That's my experience, at least.
>>
>>5428430
well bluefin doesn't import the star wars or marvel figuarts so bbts has to order them themselves.
>>
>>5428301
>they'll hold items in your PoL for up to 6 months. At which point, they ship automatically.

I do this and get one big box(s) twice a year, its a lot of fun & pretty cheap.
>>
>>5428683
>>5427801

Toyzinthebox is better, lower prices, free shipping to lower states.
>>
BBTS has never shorted me on a preorder, which is an important consideration for toys that sell out and skyrocket in price. I also find that their POL is a huge savings if you buy alot of toys. If I ship 10 things from HLJ, the increase is practically linear versus BBTS where after the 2nd toy each additional is practically free up until they need a 2nd box.
>>
>>5430794
Looks like some scalpershit to me.
>>
They have awesome customer support but I find it might take a while for them to get to you sometimes and I'm glad they let you cancel your orders if you cancel them soon enough
>>
>>5430794
They aren't really better than BBTS, but I love that they give free shipping and occasionally have cheaper SHFs
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.