[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saint Seiya and D.D. Panoramation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12
File: ban160552.jpg (239 KB, 712x612) Image search: [Google]
ban160552.jpg
239 KB, 712x612
Talk about them here!
>>
File: SS160501.jpg (193 KB, 1268x1024) Image search: [Google]
SS160501.jpg
193 KB, 1268x1024
>>
File: SS160502.jpg (175 KB, 1280x872) Image search: [Google]
SS160502.jpg
175 KB, 1280x872
>>5414280

This seems like a huge box. Not to mention with Athena as well...
>>
File: SS160503.jpg (176 KB, 1280x953) Image search: [Google]
SS160503.jpg
176 KB, 1280x953
>>5414283

Athena looks good. Not much paint detail overall on the structures, throne, and what not though. Still quite nice. Price is still quite steep.
>>
I kind of feel like with the sprues in there, the lack of paint on the structures that these shouldn't be as expensive as they are. Oh well, still a lot in the package.
>>
File: 1413157508749.jpg (123 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1413157508749.jpg
123 KB, 480x480
>>5414280
>3000 yen for a 4 inch figure and unpainted diorama on a runner
How long before the figure industry comes full circle and we're back to everything being DIY model and garage kits?
>>
>>5414302
His armor is plated and he has effect parts

It's a great package for $25 you furious autist
>>
File: PicsArt_01-17-06.11.22.jpg (380 KB, 1330x1849) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_01-17-06.11.22.jpg
380 KB, 1330x1849
This new line feels overpriced for what it is. The cloths aren't even removable. I'd like to see more EX Marinas, Kraken Isaac and Scylla in particular, as well as more Specters. So far the line has come to a crawl, besides the God Cloths.
>>
>>5414340
>autist
I'm not the one paying 3000 yen for a trading figure and some gray plastic.
>>
>>5414340
You know chrome finish isn't particularly expensive for a company like Bandai to produce, right?
>>
What exactly is the point of this line?
Having to start your collection over just so you can have some smaller figures with less features?

Dioramas have existed for the Myth Cloth line for a long time now, so it's not that.

If these were a cheap alternative, i would understand. But they don't seem very cheap, or shipping friendly.
>>
>>5414278
Would this be a good start for collecting saint figures?
>>
>>5414592
It's impossible to know how far this line will get at this point, so we don't know.
>>
>>5414593
So just wait it out at this point, what are some differences between these and EX besides height
>>
>>5414426
Well at least its good for new collectors who don't want to be scalped for all those EX gorudo seinto figures.
>>
>>5414592
That's what I'm doing. The price is steep but isn't the absolute worst, especially if we can build sanctuary. Bandai seems fully intent to release all the gold saints and the 5 bronze saints, so hopefully they realize their plan. I just worry that if the line isn't that successful they either do exclusives or just stop altogether. I do think they need to drop the prices for future releases, especially because I think the point of this one is to be more accessible. And for the panoramation line in general, if they want it to have a life beyond Seiya, which I think it could, they need to make sure this line series does well first.

I'm hoping it gets a second chance to One Piece in particular. Or just this scale of figure because it has a huge world just waiting to get made. Whether as candy toys or this line, desu.
>>
>>5414278
Why would you start a thread when you have nothing to say?
>>
>>5414890
Below was also me, with the 3 other pics which included the talk of price which has been a theme of this thread, but maybe that should have been in the first post. I'm not new here but new to making threads/generals, but usually they have pointless messages in the first post, like oh baby. Isn't it usually just a means to spark discussion about some toy line?
>>
I wish they were cheaper, I mean they're the same price I paid for some of the Bronze EXs but I prefer the size and would be willing to sell my EXs for smaller versions and only keep my favorites in EX form but not if they will cost the same
>>
Let's be clear though, these new figures do not have removable cloths, which is the main gimmick of the Myth Cloth line. You're not really getting the value for your buck, unless you really really like this new scale.
>>
>>5414289
fug this is the piece i want
>>
>>5416776
Gotta buy Gemini then. Or it should probably show up on mandarake eventually.
>>
>>5414382
This except I want the TV Bronze v1 in EX format.
>>
Seiya is back up on CDJapan with seemingly no min stock at the moment. Gemini is also there with the Athena statue bonus. Pretty sure it's the lowest price out there too.
>>
Probably a stupid question but I'm looking at leo aiolia's Gold God Cloth on ebay and see some wild prices (some are 50 or so and from China) am I right to assume these are fakes (this would be my first time buying a Seiya Figure) and the reals are the ones that cost 100+?
>>
>>5418882
Yes pretty much
>>
>>5418882
Yep, and for the future take a quick look at MyFigureCollection's database. For most items that have counterfeits out there they will have it marked as such.
>>
File: ban160603.jpg (243 KB, 712x612) Image search: [Google]
ban160603.jpg
243 KB, 712x612
They seem confident in this line cause here's another 2. No bonuses this time around. These prices are really hard to swallow...
>>
File: ban160601.jpg (253 KB, 712x612) Image search: [Google]
ban160601.jpg
253 KB, 712x612
Ikki doesn't seem like too bad a deal... though you get very little overall with him. Shaka at the same price as Gemini, especially when he comes with the Athena statue, doesn't seem all that worth it.
>>
>>5414382
>This new line feels overpriced for what it is. The cloths aren't even removable.
This. Even old gashapon had removable cloths. A Saint Seiya toy without tha feature looses half of its meaning to me.
>>
>>5422644
I personally don't mind too much. It'd be kind of like wanting kamen riders to come with at least an unmasked head. It'd be cool but most of the time they'd be wearing their helmet anyways. That's how I feel here. And the underlying body always seemed to be a bit too thin, even on the EX figures. These guys are still too pricey though. I wonder if sales will happen.
>>
File: 20150813_015303.jpg (149 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20150813_015303.jpg
149 KB, 2048x1152
>>5422794
> These guys are still too pricey though
From their joint design, they seem like greatly blinged-up bandai Avengers, with additional joints, alternate heads/hands, better paintjob and better materials. Those cheaply-made toys were already 1800 yen, so I can kinda see how the standard figures for this line are going for 3.5k yen.

I still hope that Bandai can somehow launch a cheap-and-good line of 4" figures since Hasbro's jumped off the boat for that scale.
>>
Is this new seiya line smaller than 1/12 SHF / Figma ?
>>
>>5422815
It's 1/18, 10cm, 4"-ish
>>
>>5422813
The most obvious clue that shows that Bandai carried over the joint design from Bandai Avengers is how the single-knee joint is made out of circular disks jutting out from the leg.
>>
>>5422821
It's probably just the joint system. Speaking of those, how do they release great figures like the Shodo riders for 500 yen then these for more when they look far worse? In the case of Seiya they at least look better, but the jump in price is absurd.
>>
>>5422821
That single knee joint design has also been a staple articulation point from figmas
>>
File: 20151011_193715.jpg (185 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151011_193715.jpg
185 KB, 2048x1152
>>5423031
Well, comparing SHODO (500 yen) to Bandai Avengers (1800 yen), I can tell you that SHODO is cheaper because

>Less paint apps
Both lines feature similar paint job quality, but Bandai Avengers has more paint apps all over. SHODO also uses better part separation to minimize paint apps.

>Less manual assembly
Candy toys come minimally assembled.

>Joint design/parts count
The Bandai Avengers are jointed like Revoltechs. They require 4 parts per joint but SHODO only uses 2 parts per joint. The parts count between the two lines are actually quite similar seeing how SHODO stuffs in more extra bits. The weird thing about Bandai Avengers is that they don't really use modular joints for all figures even though they could.

>Part reuse
It's nowhere as obvious as Marvel Universe's buck bodies, but these four figures share quite a lot of reused parts. It helps that these reused parts are where the joints are, so you could consider the joints modular. Not sure about the dragonball ones.

>Licensing
I *think* the Avengers license is more expensive...?

Overall, their quality is similar but SHODO is just much better designed. A funny thing about Bandai is that their divisions work VERY independently. The candytoy division, toys divsion and plamo divisions don't really communicate or share technology. So even though SHODO has a much more economical design, you won't see the toys divison using it.
>>
File: banc160401.jpg (69 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
banc160401.jpg
69 KB, 600x600
>>5423117
For SHODO wave 2, you can see that they are churning 5 more figures out of the "tracksuit-buck" and using the budget for one new kaijin body.
>>
>>5423117
>>5423139
This is all true. Good points on licensing as well, slipped my mind. And the reuse is fair, I think, when the design calls for it, and for such a low price, especially since that base body is so good. There's even added articulation in the Shodo line. I personally feel like with price, size, articulation, accessories, etc, that the Shodo riders are the best bang for your buck, even compared to the larger figures (10 for the price of 1 figuarts, with doubles but you could either customize or sell those). But just in terms of 4 inch as well. The DB ones are cool but they're also tiny for some reason, so they're cool relative to each other but don't really work with other lines.

Essentially that's why I compare to them all the time. You could get a really nice product for far less and though yes, there are limitations compared to say the panoramation line, but not enough to justify such a price hike, I don't feel. For example Gemini costs a bit more than a box of 10 riders, which is slightly absurd.
>>
>>5423117
>I *think* the Avengers license is more expensive...?
Bandai more or less owns Kamen Rider and doesn't need to licence the characters, so yes Avengers would be more expensive especially now with Disney on board.
>>
So this stuff is basically a smaller version of the myth ex? I'll take the saga one since I could never afford the myth ex.

Is this up on amiami yet? Time to preorder in that case. Holy shit, with the anniversary, saint seiya is really starting to see some love.
>>
>>5425025
Amiami for whatever reason no longer sells Saint Seiya myth stuff internationally.

No clue why, but they still sell it on their Japanese only site.
>>
>>5425025
>>5426227
Ya, it's odd. Might I recommend CDJapan? Their prices are good, their point system is good and their customer service is good, though a bit snarky at times. They also don't include the Japanese tax like some stores do, which means if the percent discount looks smaller but the item is still cheaper, that's the reason.
>>
>>5426403
I'm sticking with HLJ for now, despite their "ORDER STOP" randomly popping up. I've had satisfactory service from them in the past, so I'm hoping they don't fuck up.
>>
>>5426403
Thanks so much anon. I'll go ahead and input my order for saga from CD Japan. Can't wait for this to arrive since I never was able to afford a myth ex of this.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.