[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anybody else a huge fucking fan of this exact toy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7
File: swag.jpg (191 KB, 1322x1322) Image search: [Google]
swag.jpg
191 KB, 1322x1322
Not sure why but I've always wanted this toy, I just bought a KO version but of course an original is my dream. Anyone love the G1 Optimus?
>>
>>5414117
I have the G2, with voicebox and firing canons.
>>
>>5414201
I love the G2 for the trailer having OPTIMUS PRIME plastered across his trailer.
>>
>>5414117
I have the original, the encore, the pale red hasbro reissue, and a jafcon KO.
>>
File: pra.jpg (396 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
pra.jpg
396 KB, 683x1024
>>5414117
I had g1 optimus as a lad but it was stolen from me by a neighborhood kid
>>
>>5414117
Got both g1 and a g2 but my g2 wasn't with the voice box.

Both are currently battered and beaten inside a toy box, my childhood wasn't kind to them, hence why I got me the masterpiece mp10 as an update.

That said if its an optimus prime and a truck I'll go nuts even if its a brick like the g1
>>
>>5414117
I already got this beaut.
>>
>>5414941
>>5414904
Which can also transform.
>>
My 1st OP Figure was power master prime, so when I finally got my hands on the original, it was shit by comparison.
>>
File: 20150701_041342_LLS.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
20150701_041342_LLS.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>5414117
He's ok for nostalgia but when you already have the MP-10 he kinda becomes moot and there are a lot of better Optimus mold out there.
>>
As a kid, was one of my favorites. I believe my grandparents have a pic of me opening up a christmas present of optimus.

A few years ago, I bought someone I love the reissue for a christmas present.
>>
>>5414117

Still one of the best toys ever. I had both MP figures for a time, MP01 and MP10, but eventually sold them. No regrets. They just weren't as fun as the original is.
>>
I still have my g2 optimus prime with trailer in my living room on the lower part of my coffee table . It's the go to toy when ever my friends or cusins bring their little kids over . They all seem to love it because it's easy to transform , it rolls around nice in truck mode and the trailer folds out for their imagination to go wild.
>>
I got the reissue back in 2004 or so as a preteen. I thought it was neat to have the "first" Optimus toy, but at the same time it felt overpriced at $40. I think the Ultra Magnus figure is better, I love the combo of the realistic semicab with the crazy 80's Japanese sci-fi toy trailer, and the combining armor gimmick is great.

I also really like the proportions of the G1Optimus a lot for some reason, Something about the rough blocky proportions and tin, elongated limbs just seems interesting. The only other time I've seen something close was in Transformers was in Ashley Wood's art. I was hoping the 3A Transformers license meant we'd get stuff like this; reimagined G1 stuff based around Ashley Wood depictions somewhat inspired by the toys , but instead we got dull movie Transformers.
>>
I have one lying around here some place from when I was a lad. Its in horrible shape though. The chrome is scratched to shit and missing both arms and gun and trailer.
>>
>>5414117
it's the best early G1 toy, besides those easily lost fists.
>>
>>5414117
I do. hve loved it since a kid, but still don't own it. Everytime I do shopping I daydream with seing a KO at any store.
>>
File: DSCN0730.jpg (382 KB, 1024x1088) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0730.jpg
382 KB, 1024x1088
>>5414117
I got the 2002 New Year Convoy reissue last christmas.

Best thing about it was that I could take this group photo.
>>
>>5422787

Ooh Star Convoy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.