[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone on here have experience with the mcfarlane akira figures?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 18ku26aa905mwjpg.jpg (103 KB, 800x1012) Image search: [Google]
18ku26aa905mwjpg.jpg
103 KB, 800x1012
Anyone on here have experience with the mcfarlane akira figures? I don't know anything really about mcfarlane other then they have pretty shitty figures. I want akira figures but the only other options are the RAH ones which are stupid as fuck expensive.
>>
>>5408135
I meant shitty articulation.
>>
They're products of their time, so the sculpts will look less crisp compared to modern figures or statues, but for the $20-30 price range, you're getting a decent looking representation of the character. Kaneda's bike is probably the one that has aged the best out of all of them, but the statues themselves are pretty decent even by today's standards. I'd say go for it if you don't mind a static figure.
>>
>>5408344
yep, what this guy said.
>>
>>5408135
I purchased all of the mcfarlane figures when they came out. They are shitty figures (shitty joints, little to no articulation), but they look okay. the paint application is like other mcfarlane figures: appearing great at a foot or so away, but up close the paint application looks choppy, and kind of unfinished. Just thick layers of paint applied on the figure, instead of any real color blending.
>>
I've almost bought them many times, thank you for this post.
>>
>>5408344
>>5409420
Alright thanks for the inputs, I guess I'll hold off and hope something better comes around. I can't believe with how popular akira is kaenda and tetsuo only have a couple figures.
>>
>>5408135
I only have Akira, since he's based off the manga and since he really doesn't move, it's alright.

Sculpt and paint are top notch, articulation is not needed in this particular case but I usually got for full articulation, which MF cannot provide.

So you can forget about the rest of the line, they suck by today's standards.

Akira and the Bike are the only ones that aged well imo.
>>
File: akira han.jpg (376 KB, 1635x873) Image search: [Google]
akira han.jpg
376 KB, 1635x873
The bike's not bad if you can get over the fake labels and/or damage (depending on which version you get). Makes a good ride for 6"-ish figures.

The Kaneda figure has a pretty good sculpt, and despite some shitty articulation (since he was only designed to sit down on the bike), he can actually stand up if you try. Not sure how badly that'll damage the rubber pants over time, though.
>>
File: akira han kaneda.jpg (394 KB, 1402x1041) Image search: [Google]
akira han kaneda.jpg
394 KB, 1402x1041
Granted, his posture's going to be weird (either leaning forward to much or bending his knees a bunch to compensate), but he can stand.
>>
Tetsuo comes with his blob arm, that alone makes the fig worth it
>>
>>5408135
You should definitely get the bike, especially if you can find it for cheap. I picked up mine in a lot for $16 shipped.

Cheapest options right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Todd-McFarlane-Akira-Japanese-Animation-Kaneda-and-Motorcycle-/111876194661

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McFarlane-Toys-Animation-Japan-Akira-Tenchi-Trigun-Kaneda-Bike-Tetsuo-/111876174735
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.