[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Valve's licensing too much for Neca too afford? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: medi-money.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
medi-money.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
Was Valve's licensing too much for Neca too afford? How come the Blizzard toys ended up so much better?
>>
>>5384847
This. They should probably play the source material for a good toy line.
>>
>>5384847
Agreed when they started L4D with the zombs they sealed that lines fate. How do popular zombie hunting human characters not sell, but then turn around and do twilight, hunger games and harry potter figures to target teen girls?
>>
Why did mods delete >>5384847?
Neca themselves admitted as much.
>>
>>5385523
What did anon say?
>>
>>5385677
I believe he said something along the lines of 'Neca phoned in the TF2 line' because the figures weren't up to the standard of their other lines such as Alien/Predator/Terminator.
>>
>>5385680
Must've triggered some butthurt Neca janitor.
>>
here's the thing: why are they so retardedly expensive??? especially the quality
>>
>there will never be a sentry
>>
>>5385707
Idiots on eBay think old = valuable.
>>
>>5385724
>there will never be a Valve TF2 Hat Pack
>there will never be a Valve TF2 Weapon Pack

this shit sucks anon
>>
>>5385740
NECA tweeted once a long, long time ago that they might have released an accessory pack after the last wave of mercs with a sentry in it, probably would've had popular weapons too. Hats would've never happened though since they didn't think to make the stock ones removable.

Really bugs me that they didn't give Solly eyebrows, why even bother with eyes if he's gonna look like shit when you can see them.
>>
>>5385751
you can remove then, as it's just glued to the top
>>
>>5385764
I know, but they wouldn't release hats and tell everyone they have to remove the glued-down stock hats themselves.
>>
>>5385768
yeah, but they could release hatless heads for the solly, engi, and etc. and allow the consumer to some hats
>>
My dusty valve shelf will forever remain incomplete, I knew making both teams at the same time was a huge fuck up which would lead to over-saturation.
>>
>>5385740
I alway had the idea that a better way to do TF2 action figures would be a sort of snap-together part-swappable line of figures, kinda like Stikfas or something. They could sell the base figures of each class, then accessory sets or blind boxes or something that contain a few alternate parts for various hats, some extra weapon accessories, shit like that. I think it could be really fun if executed well.
>>
>>5386072
Yeah, that'd be great.
>>
>>5386072
yeah, the base figure would be Stock loadout, but the ability to part swappable with class related items

>no Gunslinger for engi
>>
>>5385680
>>5385677
He said Neca didn't play the game, and that's why the figures weren't as good.
>>
>>5386301
Probably true. It explains why-
>they can't take the most basic idle stances
>Demo can't weapon-wield his bottle
>Soldier has the old, long since removed medal
>Soldier has a skinny face
>Heavy doesn't have a sandvich
>Heavy's face is blank and expressionless
>there's very little alternate weapon compatibility outside stock
>the helmets are permanent

I remember we had this discussion last year and someone got absolutely butt-blasted when I pointed this out. Hopefully he didn't become the janitor who censored the first part of this thread.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.