[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OAFE Reviews
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: oafe logo.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
oafe logo.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
What does /toy/ think of this site?
>>
the moron who runs it is like a liberal version of Jin.
>>
>>5376627
"garbage"
>>
>>5376638
>liberal jin
So Walky then?
>>
Why the fuck are all the pics still so small? What is this, 2002?
>>
If I read one of their reviews I just skim the words and mainly focus on the pictures, never had a problem with them. Though of course about 95% of what they review is shit I don't care about.
>>
>>5376627
Very little.

>>5376737
Why even go, then? Their photos are like google image search thumbnails.
>>
Haven't visited it in years. Are they still using a grey t-shirt for the background in all of their photos?
>>
>>5376627
Aren't they the ones who had that review of Jabba and spent half the review ranting about men's right activists?
>>
>>5376836
No. Sick hyperbole, goofball
>>
>>5376836
Yeah.

Bear in mind that yo is a pussy-ass that thinks it's okay for women to get alimony and custody by default in a divorce, or that men should pay child support without even a paternity test. Not all MRAs are the "women belong in the kitchen" /pol/-smokers.
>>
File: oafe does it again.png (125 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
oafe does it again.png
125 KB, 500x279
>>5376836
>>5376934
Oh my god. There's so much projecting here it hurts.
>>
>>5377041
OAFE is a great read while bored at break on work, but holy hell I hadn't caught that review, that's laughable.
>>
File: 150827a.jpg (90 KB, 450x295) Image search: [Google]
150827a.jpg
90 KB, 450x295
>>5376627
OAFE is like that one guy who never left the early 2000's. It's pretty much Yo Go Re at this point, really, and Rustin Parr's hoarder posts(seriously, people make fun of Winslow Schott here, but Rustin Parr is just buying like $100 worth of garbage at Toys R Us every week. He's like what I would be if I had a decent job at 15 and no internet access.) It's like Japanese toys fell off the radar for him when Suncoast and Sam goody closed. It's like he's just accepted the drastic decrease in most western toys(barring Neca) and hasn't noticed just how far things have fallen, like a frog being boiled slowly. When the subject of Japanese toys or Hot toys are brought up, he just seems to have a sour grapes attitude. His Jakks link review had something to the effect of "Why pay 4 times more for a Japanese figure when you have something almost as good for $10?".

Meanwhile, Michael Crawford of MWC toy reviews progressed with the times very well. He was always ahead of the curve with HT releases, and while he doesn't feature Japanese figures much on his site,he doesn't bother with most kiddie lines and only focuses on decent quality stuff.
>>
>>5376627
these "reviewers" can't even take decent pictures to save their life
seriously, if you wanna do a review, atleast invest in a camera tripod and decent lighting
>>
>>5377118
>like a frog being boiled slowly

That's a pretty apt description of OAFE, really. They used to be pretty decent, but now it seems they're trying to use radio-shock controvery techniques to be relevant (either writing something outrageous or stupid or SJW), but it just comes off as annoying and takes away from looking at toys (which they barely do in their reviews anymore).
>>
>>5377041
Two jokes and you're this butthurt over it

What a fruit
>>
Look, I don't give a fuck what their beliefs or views are, or what their personal spending habits are - I go there to read toy reviews. If they can do that job right, they're alright by me, and they do that job very well.
>>
>>5377041
whether or not he's serious about it, this is hilarious and a recommended read.

People just need to lighten up... even the guy who wrote that if he actually means it.
>>
>>5377118
It really is just Yo at this point, last time Rustin posted was in september, and the second most recent reviewer did the Black Series Slave Leia from like 2 years ago
>>
>>5378420
>and they do that job very well
Nope.
>>
>>5377118
>the drastic decrease in most western toys(barring Neca)

it's hard to fall when you're already at the bottom

>"Why pay 4 times more for a Japanese figure when you have something almost as good for $10?".

I do agree with this- the improvements are minor overall, and if you're just going to plop it on a shelf to collect dust and decorate the place, then paying more is pointless. Not all of us give a shit about MUH WEEABOO toys or think they're better just because they cost more. If Subjectanon is a GEEWUner, you're a REEDUNer- just as bad about the subject, only on the opposite side.
>>
who?
>>
>>5379081
>think they're better just because they cost more.

Literally nobody thinks this
>>
>>5379026
They cover paint, sculpting, features, articulation, and take decent enough pictures for you to understand it. The fuck else do you want, a cookie?
>>
>>5379081
The ONLY reason I know what the fuck you're going on about is because I was a former transfag myself. Transsfags are like autists in that they'll go on about things they assume everyone else knows about. In this case Geewun/Reedun, which, for people who don't collect Wal-mart toys exclusively, refers to the differences in updates of old Transformers toys from the 80's. This particular autist has attempted to push a meme in which the new designs are referred to as "REEDUN". This is because updating a character to be a modern looking car instead of an old car model is a criminal offense to this person. Pity him.
>>
>>5376627
Awful site. I'm ashamed that I used to regularly give it traffic.
>>
I rarley visit unless it comes up in a Google search.

I've never really had too much issues with it personally.

im completely ambivalent towards it
>>
>>5376627

I stopped using their reviews mostly because my collecting tastes changed and they don't cover what I'm into. I think they're alright though, but as useful as mwc really.
>>
@5377041
hahaha /V/ BFTO
>>
>>5379081
> If Subjectanon is a GEEWUner
wat?
I've bought like 5 Transformer toys in 20 years and I think the only time I've posted in a TF thread in the past year was to ask about the Waspinator figure that came with the comic.
I really don't care for TF stuff , muchless give a shit about g1 crap.
>>
>>5379817
Jesus christ how new are you that you don't know how to reply to other posts.
>>
>>5379081
>the improvements are minor overall, and if you're just going to plop it on a shelf to collect dust and decorate the place, then paying more is pointless.

I agree with the second part of your statement. There's not much point paying more for something you're just going to display and ignore. Not unless you can afford it anyway.

I disagree with the first statement that Weaboo Link is only slightly better than Jakks Link though. My view is that Weaboo Link is notably better than Jakks link, particularly in terms of looks.

That being said, for international /toy/ soldiers such as myself, getting a Jakks isn't necessarily much cheaper than getting a Weaboo. Of course, if you live in the US where Jakks is significantly cheaper, then I can agree that the improvements might not justify the price difference.
>>
>>5379093
Some people do, but they're dumb suckers.

The rest of us weigh the pros/quality vs cons/cost and settle on the balance that works best.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.