[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any experience with Saberforge? I'm thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
File: prodigal son.jpg (39 KB, 833x456) Image search: [Google]
prodigal son.jpg
39 KB, 833x456
Anyone have any experience with Saberforge?

I'm thinking of getting this lightsaber, but I'm scared that the hilt is weak near the top.
>>
>>5367256
It looks strong enough its not going to brake anytime soon
>>
>>5367256
They're pretty much THE go to fighting Sabers.
Price justifies quality.
>>
>>5367256

their warranties are ridiculously good go check out the FAQ
>>
>>5367256
Mar-Shallllllllllll
>>
I was considering buying a couple of cheap ones, about 100 dollars each, that my nephew and niece can fight with when they're at my place. Do you think they'll stand two kids hammering with them?
>>
File: Duke Togo.jpg (195 KB, 1280x789) Image search: [Google]
Duke Togo.jpg
195 KB, 1280x789
>>5367803
>>
>>5367803
fuck off enabler
>>
>>5367811
>>5367818
w-what have I done? I just want to be a c-cool uncle
>>
>>5367838
rofl
>>
>no articulation
>not from Japan

How is this /toy/ related?
>>
>>5367960
It's technically Western statueshit so it should be fine.
>>
takes 2 months to ship
>>
>>5367292
400 bucks, you can get a real sword of decent quality with that money
>>
>>5367997
or a fucking glock
>>
>>5367997
>>5367998
Or you can be not try-hard edgy and have fun with your lives.
>>
>>5368014
nah man, you clearly have the financial stability to buy 400 dollar glow sticks to play make believe, and I salute your life style.

I'm working hard and trying to save as much money so hopefully one day I can do the same.
>>
>>5368022
>worked a seasonal job for some cash
>have enough to buy a saber
>have no type of financial stability whatsoever
Also, you can't buy handguns in California until you're 21. Can't get a glock anyways.

I just want a glow stick.
>>
>>5367998

why would you want a glock?
>>
>>5368034
why would anybody want anything?
>>
>>5368046
but why would you want a gun that can barely do damage after 30m and has shit accuracy? The only thing you can do with a glock is shooting non moving paper targets
>>
>>5368055
still do more damage than a glow stick with the same price tag
>>
>>5368073
Sure thing, if you hit, and then you'll be put in jail for shooting someone. While I'll be playing with my lightsticks, while you'll be playing with Tyrone and Jamal's sticks in prison.
>>
>>5368083
Yeah, but how do you plan on fending off tyrone and jamal with your lightsticks?
>>
>>5368087
by not living in America or by using a proper weapon, like an ar.
It would be stupid to bring a lightsaber against someone trying to beat you up, but it would be even dumber to bring a glock to play around with, potentially shooting someone.
>>
>>5368102
what's the jamal and tyrone equivalent in where you live?
>>
>>5368110
Hamza and Abdi
>>
>>5368102
i'm sure you can get a good hit in with your lightsaber or two before it cracks, just don't turn it on or you'll ruin the element of surprise
>>
>>5368113
you guys have star wars there? or are big ass glow sticks appealing to human eyes regardless of back stories?
>>
>>5368117
true, true. But at the range where a glock is effective, you're almost better off using a knife. Above that range you may as well use a small PDW or a short barreled ar.
>>
>>5367256
is the sound option worth it? It's like an 100+ more with sound options and when I read reviews on line the sound board getting fried seems to be the most common issue with these guys.
>>
>>5368120
yeah, we have star wars here
>>
>>5368125
Apparently it's worth it for "muh immersion", but I normally would want to save $100.
>>
>>5368125
I'd say you're fine without it. Depends if you want to go all out with your lightsaber.
>>
>>5368125
My first inclination was no but after repairing my ten year old Master Replicas lightsaber I'm gonna say empahtically yes. If only for when powering it up in the dark.
>>
>>5368211
In fact if it was up to me it would only have power up and power down sounds as the unchanging hum kind of puts off the imagine even compared to just the wind displaced by cuts.
>>
>>5367256
these are specifically made to "duel" with so it wont break.

>>5368125
I have an older one that's just the hilt, light and "blade". It feels sort of hollow without all the cool effects.

If you're buying one, the throw in for the effects. You're going to spend the 100 bux on something else eventually anyway.
>>
>>5367256
Luke's glorious Green Lightsaber Master-race.
>>
>>5368022
On the same merrit, the others clearly have the financial stability to but a slab of stainless steel that you can't hit anything with and a omg so adult gun that you can't shoot at your friends

All how you look at things.
>>
>>5367273
>brake
Illiterate fool.
>>
File: 1449444925656.jpg (8 KB, 164x159) Image search: [Google]
1449444925656.jpg
8 KB, 164x159
>>5367803
>>
File: pepeee.png (37 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
pepeee.png
37 KB, 396x400
>>5367803
>>
>>5367256
Keep in mind those thin neck sabers are not as bright as the ones without thin necks, no matter what marketing bull shit they tell you.

Saberforge blades are super strong and wont break, and those hilts are made to withstand breaking as well.

I bought a discount saberforge and caught the saber bug. Now I'm looking at custom made ones with stuff like infinite color changing, sounf font customization, and programmable sound/LED settings. Only downside is that its a plain looking hilt so I can stay in my budget of under $500. Gonna get it from Genesis custom sabers.
>>
>>5367803
do it, fuck these virgin faggots, spend the money and let your niece and nephew enjoy their childhood
>>
File: seibah.png (120 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
seibah.png
120 KB, 600x315
Not sure if I want a 32" or 37" blade. Are the ends of 37" blades noticeably dimmer? What does it take for it to look disproportionally long?
>>
File: Legacy 2.0.jpg (22 KB, 638x359) Image search: [Google]
Legacy 2.0.jpg
22 KB, 638x359
>>5367998

Why not both?

When they release the Legacy 2.0 I will probably get one.
>>
>>5369338
I have a 32" because I'm a brightness freak, and I don't think there is any reason not to choose the 32. It looks great proportionally and whoever you are showing it off to won't notice the difference in length.

Its also easier to spin, AND has better weight distribution. Especially on those heavy saberforge blades. I bought a mid grade ultra edge blade from ultrasabers to get the best brightness and full blade look, and it does look better, but it really isn't that different in person. Ultrasabers mid grade blades weigh less too.
>>
Saberforge's owner is a mega douche, I wish I hadn't found out about that but now I really don't want to give him my money.
>>
>>5369420
I've heard things like this, but never "why" he's such an asshole. I'd prefer to keep it like that until I buy my saber.
>>
>>5369443
I won't spoil it for you then, although some stuff he did were pretty disgusting IMO
>>
>>5367256
>414 dollars

They are riding the Star Wars train hard. Nothing about their sabers warrant that price tag. Considering you can simply go to Home Depot and polish it up.
>>
>>5367256
I don't care if it's the same design as the movie, but that thing looks awkward as fuck to hold
>>
>>5369444

Please elaborate.
>>
>>5369473
Not that anon, but I distinctly remember "Christopher Lee died today . . . because he saw this awesome new lightsaber design! Get yours today!" or some shit like that.
>>
>>5369473
he made a curve handle saber, a day later christopher lee died and he use that as a opportunity to sell his product. something like "I don't think his old heart can handle the awesomeness of this saber"

among other douchebaggery but i think that one takes the cake
>>
>>5369480
yeah, pretty much this, I mean, if I'm going to drop a few hundred on a toy, you bet your ass I'm going to research the crap out of it. And it didn't take much digging for this to come up.

Some people only care about the product which is fine, but for me, fuck that guy. because at the end of the day, getting a toy is about having fun, and knowing give that fucker my hard earned cash is the opposite of fun.
>>
>>5369488
>>
>>5369489
Fuck, I didn't remember that hashtag. What an asshat.
>>
File: 75031.jpg (75 KB, 331x506) Image search: [Google]
75031.jpg
75 KB, 331x506
>>5369489
>>
>>5369482
>>5369489
What a fucking cunt.
>>
>>5369489
woooow.
>>
>>5369480
>>5369482
>>5369489

Ha! I thought you guys were gonna bitch about the 'stolen' saber designs.
>>
>>5369393
On the subject of brightness, what's the minimum that I need for just a fully lit blade (that can withstand dueling)? For a blade to still be visible under light? What's your opinion on the Makoto LEDs that people rave over? They seem to be the way to go if I want a blade visible in daylight, but I have no idea about their price, compatibility with sabers, or where to even get them.
>>
Be super fucking wary of this company. I have a few things from them and they have fucked me with delays and excuses every time.
Including random cancellations on products they assured me i would receive.
They are incompetent shit lords who act like they're king of the campus because they bought a CNC machine.

I chased them for five months over a product, and a week after promising to re-issue the item, they refunded me and closed all contact.
>>
>>5370125

A skilled metalworker could redo a lightsaber any time
>>
>>5367256
what's the difference between Apprentice, Elite and Crystal sabers? For me it just seems like Apprentice have a less "Interesting" design. Are there any major difference between the three?
>>
>>5370220
Exactly. They only reason they didn't complete the order was they simply couldn't be bothered.
>>
>>5370507
heard a lot of shady stories about SF. If it wasn't for that I'd def buy from them.Also heard the owner or whatever cant take any critic and is very personal with the company in a bad way.
>>
>>5370484
The Apprentices all seem to be pretty simple. A lot of the Elites are movie lookalikes, but I can't place all of them. The Crystal sabers appear to all just have a visible crystal in the middle, which is cool I guess?
>>
>>5370507
well, now that we've firmly established saberforge is a cunt of a company, what would be a good alternative?
>>
>>5371513

I don't own any kind of high end lightsaber but I'm looking into getting one. I've read a lot of praise for Genesis Custom Sabers and Vader's Vault. Both of them seem to be a good bit more expensive than Saberforge though.
>>
>>5371513
Ultra Sabers is the other goods one as well as this guy's advise >>5371545
>>
>tfw I'm still going with Saberforge because they have a hilt I like
That, and I could honestly care less about how retarded that guy can be, as long as the product is worth it
>>
>>5369757
Ultrasabers heavy grade blades do the best in terms of a compramise between brightness and duelability. But at the end of the day, saberforge blades will still be the best for dueling.

If you get the very bright 12watt saberforge led, you will be happy with one of their blades.

Now on the makoto blades... I wouldn't duel with them. They have leds all the way up the blade, which could be damaged if hit. He says they are duelable but I wouldnt risk it. They are really expensive too. BUT they are hands down the brightest lightsaber blades you can buy, end of discussion. You can send him a master replicas hilt for him to put a blade on, or you can buy a whole saber from him. I believe an upgraded master replica starts at 200 and goes to 400 if you want sound and stuff. He doesnt use good soundcards though.
>>
>>5371573
I had the same issue, I really liked the hilt.
But that arguement is null if you're never going to get the thing.
Best of luck to you though, they're pretty decent when and if you finally get it.
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.