[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Ball General: BINGO Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65
File: 1450430631908.jpg (447 KB, 979x653) Image search: [Google]
1450430631908.jpg
447 KB, 979x653
Who here has bought / pre-ordered Premium Vegeta? Like or dislike?

>DECEMBER
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta -Premium Color-
Tamashii Buddies Son Goku
Tamashii Buddies Vegeta (Scouter)
WCF Freeza Spaceship

>JANUARY
S.H.Figuarts Trunks -Premium Color-
WCF Super Saiyan God SS Goku
WCF Super Saiyan God SS Vegeta
WCF Super Saiyan Gohan
WCF Beerus
WCF Whis
WCF Piccolo
Desk Figure - SSJ Goku (Orange)
Desk Figure - SSJ Goku (Yellow)
Desk Figure - SSGSS Goku (Red)
Desk Figure - SSSGSS Goku (Orange)
Desk Figure - SSJ Vegeta (Cobalt)
Desk Figure - SSJ Vegeta (Blue)
Desk Figure - Freeza

>MARCH
S.H.Figuarts Beerus
WCF Yajirobe
WCF Karin
WCF King Kaio
WCF Mr. Satan
WCF Fat Buu
WCF Super Saiyan God Goku
YuraColle Freeza
YuraColle Vegeta
YuraColle Beerus
YuraColle Whis
YuraColle Super Saiyan God SS Goku

>APRIL
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan God SS Vegeta

>MAY
S.H.Figuarts Future Trunks (Armor)
WCF Grandpa Gohan
WCF Fortuneteller Baba
WCF SSJ Goten
WCF SSJ Kid Trunks
WCF SSJ God SSJ Vegeta
WCF SSJ God SSJ Goku

>NO DATE
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan 4 Son Goku
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan God Goku
S.H.Figuarts GT Adult Goku
S.H.Figuarts Kid Goku
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta - (2016?)
S.H.Figuarts Porunga
S.H.Figuarts Super Saiyan 3 Goku -Premium Color- (2016)
S.H.Figuarts Perfect Cell -Premium Color- (2016)
S.H.Figuarts Angel Goku
S.H.Figuarts Champa
S.H.Figuarts Vados
S.H.Figuarts Whis
S.H.Figuarts Gotenks Absorbed Majin Buu
S.H.Figuarts Gohan Absorbed Majin Buu
S.H.Figuarts Jaco
S.H.Figuarts Shenron
S.H.Figuarts Nappa

Tamashii Buddies Kid Goku
Tamashii Buddies Super Saiyan 4 Goku
Tamashii Buddies Bulma
Tamashii Buddies Future Trunks
Tamashii Buddies Vegetto
Tamashii Buddies Perfect Cell
Tamashii Buddies Super Saiyan Gohan (Cell Games)
Tamashii Buddies King Piccolo
Tamashii Buddies Nappa
Tamashii Buddies Krillin
Tamashii Buddies Beerus
Tamashii Buddies Jaco

Last thread >>5336438
>>
File: 1450065108372.jpg (1 MB, 909x926) Image search: [Google]
1450065108372.jpg
1 MB, 909x926
Pre-order starts January 6th.
>>
Advanced Colors Vegeta's eye lines are nowhere near as prominent as photos make it seem. He's a pretty solid release, nothing spectacular but the fills a necessary hole in the collection if you couldn't get the first version.
>>
Can someone link me to the Datong Android ark Vegeta figure that also comes with the non SS black hair?
>>
Gohan is getting another rerelease in may
>>
>>5358995
Going up the same day as >>5358872
>>
>>5358995
Which Gohan?
>>
>>5359206
teen
>>
>>5358869
I really like my Veggie. I wish it had the newer joint systems, and a regular head, but it's still a solid figure.
>>
>>5359206
>>5359207
Cell Games.
>>
Don't people know Datong is making a Cell and Trunks figure, too? They are coming out soon, after the Frieza. Trunks will come with all the original accessories, faces, and hands that Bandai didn't include with the PCE Trunks, too. Datong showed off images of some of the mold tests when they released the images of the Frieza.

The Datong Frieza is FANTASTIC, also. Incredibly pleased with it.
>>
File: 2015-12-26_11.30.50.jpg (97 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-26_11.30.50.jpg
97 KB, 800x800
Here are all the Datong mold tests for Cell and Trunks. They are coming.
>>
>>5359577
nice, I hope a broly is coming down the line, krillin as well because i missed those. fuck bandai's jewery
>>
>>5359577
>>5359584

Cell is supposedly getting a Premium treatment sometime in the future too.

Also, as much as it sucks that Premium Trunks comes with less faces and hands, at least half of the extra stuff the original release came with was practically unnecessary, since a lot of them were barely different from one another.
>>
>>5359577
>>5359584
>shilling bootlegs
>>
>>5359599
>bootlegs that are as good as the real deal
lets be honest here, the only reason bandai is doing these premium releases of "exclusives" is so they dont get btfo by datong
>>
>>5359590
We really need a Krillin re-release/advanced color treatment. I hate myself every day that I missed that.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 504x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 504x712
Alright. I need a second opinion on this.
I pre ordered SSGSS Vegeta a while ago but I've been recently thinking about cancelling it. He's pretty expensive and he doesn't even come with a base form head like SSGSS Goku does and has the same old mold as SSJ Vegeta, so is it worth the price?
If so, where can I pre order him for a decent price? I'm a huge fan of Vegeta btw but I just need some convincing that it's worth it.
>>
>>5359594
I would say it's more than supposedly at this point. The source from that was Bluefin themselves and they told us about this new Trunks.
>>
>>5359607

Where do you have it preordered, and for how much?

Looks like he's not just a straight repaint of SSJ Vegeta, though, as his outfit is slightly different, so there are definitely different parts in the hips pelvis, legs, etc. at the very least.

He should come with a base form head though, like you said....
>>
>>5359601
Stop shilling shitty bootlegs.
>>
>>5359613
once bandai stops their exclusive crap for dbz then maybe i'll stop
>>
>>5359616
>once bandai stops their exclusive crap for dbz

Seems like they pretty much have, since every figure we know about so far for this year is a retail/wide release.
>>
>>5359612
Big Bad Toy Shill. It's so fucking expensive on there.
I'm looking at the Vegeta on Blue Fin's website and the Figuarts website and it says nothing about a base form head. Just the 6 interchangable hands and 3 faces. I think that's a little ridiculous. SHF has really been skimping out on us lately. When was the last time we saw some really good accessories come with a figure?
>>
>>5359626

I didn't think BBTS's price for SSGSS Goku and Frieza were too bad. $40 isn't bad for these figures, but I don't know why the hell they're gradually increasing their prices so much. And Goku came with quite a bit of stuff.

I at least feel like the figures should come with the alternate head, and a good deal of hands and faces.

I feel like Vegetto was probably the last really good figure who came with a lot of stuff. Extra head, like six total faceplates, lots of hands and stuff, and the energy sword effect piece. And he was only like, $35. Or that's what I payed for him off Amazon. I mean yeah....he is just the repainted Goku body again with some new feet or whatever, but I thought it was still pretty good.

BBTS's prices are just getting ridiculous. Especially for releases like Beerus, where he's a standard release, and they're charging a good $15~ more than he costs anywhere else...
>>
>>5359599
Just letting people know that their only option isn't paying hundreds in scalper prices for figures they will be able to get for about $30 soon. I try to buy all legit releases, but if it means saving hundreds of dollars I'll grab a Datong.

Also, there isn't actually any evidence that Cell and SS3 Goku are getting PCE releases. The news people got all excited about comes from another toy forum, speculating about it all based on a very vague offhand remark by a Bluefin rep that doesn't actually work for Bandai or Tamashii. Bluefin reps have been off the mark in the past, when talked to at toy shows and cons. So, I still wouldn't count on getting a PCE for every figure. Even if they do make them, they aren't learning their lesson because the PCE are still web exclusives. :-/
>>
>>5359633
The SSGSS Goku wasnt bad at all. I actually ordered him from BBTS and I'm satisfied with him. It's just these exclusive released they go crazy with the prices.

SHF could at least include a stand or effect pieces with more of their figures, especially lately. I think it's kind of fucked up that they're selling us a figure they know we're going to buy with little accessories and pieces, and still charge the $25-35 for stands and effects seprately.

We're just getting shilled left and right, anon.
>>
>>5359635
Adam Newman, who was interviewed, works for Tamashii Nations.

So suck an ass.
>>
>>5359635
I'm only speaking for myself when I say this, but I can definitely wait for a Cell re-release even if it doesnt happen.
I'm willing to spend the 45 dollars on the Trunks advanced color (compared to the 30 dollars on the Datong) if it's the genuine article, and that goes for any figure.
I have a bootleg Scouter Vegeta color variant and he's not bad. He's actually pretty awesome. He comes with the stand, blast effect, faces, hands, everything. His leg falls off easily but he's pretty good. But I also got a bootleg SSJ Goku and he's the worst piece of fucking shit I have ever laid my hands on.
Bootlegs are a risk I'm not willing to take anymore even if they are much more affordable.
>>
>>5359650
you used "shilled" incorrectly. Learn what it means
>>
>>5359626
Dude, I know it's fun to hate on BBTS but prices are climbing on the Nippon sites too.
>>
>>5359654
Where is this interview with Adam Newman? I haven't seen any interviews with him confirming a PCE Cell. In the interview referenced on the forum, the person being interviewed mentioned a possible PCE Cell...but, then said Cell was getting a new figure with all new sculpt. That's not a PCE at all, then, it's a completely new figure. Also, said the figure would be out in May...but, I haven't seen anyone actually update their release dates to reference that. Just a couple things that didn't make sense.

But, if there is a new official interview that lists the source I would love to see it.
>>
>>5359669

Prices for Japanese figures are getting a little higher, sure, but most import sites charge more for import figures because a lot of people are too dumb to figure out how to import from actual Japanese sites.

Plus, BBTS isn't so great anyway, because they markup the rarer or more desired figures a lot of the time anyway.

What's more, it is pretty fucking sad when they charge an additional premium just to make absolutely sure you don't get a mangled box.
>>
I wish I could preorder figuarts on UK Amazon
>>
>>5359747
If you know where to look online you can still get figuarts for not bad prices with free shipping. Might be a little more than amiami or other places but after you get it shipped from Japan it is around the same price. I remember when the yen hit rock bottom a couple years ago and I could get stuff from Japan for so cheap. Sucks that such a mess happened with Amazon and Bluefin.
>>
>>5359772

I'm not saying you can't. Even easy sites like Amazon and Barns and Noble have pretty good prices on the standard-release figures. And if you're thrifty and have patience, you can score good deals even on some of the rarer figures.

The Yen-to-dollar exchange rate really started to tilt in our favor three or four years ago, certainly, but now those prices are starting to rise on the Japanese figures in the first place which more or less overtakes that good exchange rate. And someday, the exchange rate will even out, and what we'll be left with is horribly overpriced toys.

Awhile back, Figma and Figuarts were dirt cheap. 2000Y-3000Y per figure. Now it seems like each release is 5000Y-7000Y, and the figures actually come with less stuff than they did before. Sure, store discounts help, and the exchange rate is still in our favor, but we're still paying more than we really should.
>>
http://tamashii.jp/item_announced/

Does this mean the new Trunks will up for preorder January 6th?
>>
>>5359607
I had the same concerns myself
Not only am I not a big fan of SSGSS, but they didn't even bother with it to make it feel new and worth it
>>
>>5359793
Yes. New Years, so Bandai day got pushed back.

New Year is a huge deal in Japan.
>>
>>5359594
I already have a AC trunks in preorder buy I will certainly buy the Datong one for the smiling faces and the thumbs up that tamashi didn't include in that release
>>
>>5359793
if only there was a post addressing this, oh wait
there is
>>5358872
>>
>>5359917
I still don't care for the glossy hair and color they used for the recolor Trunks and Vegeta. Makes me think of cheese.
>>
I really want more movie villains. I love how the movies often had free-for-all battles with a bunch of characters getting to get some hits on the villains. .Right now I've got Broly taking on a bunch of characters at once, and because of his massive size it works perfectly. I'd love to see Final form Cooler, Super Android 13, Lord slug, Super garlic Jr., or Bojack. Most of them even have a pretty similar physique that can be reused (and in some cases, the Broly torso would be adequate).
>>
>>5360019
I'd get Super Cooler and Janemba.

Even though Janemba has no personality, he's still one of the coolest designs in the series, and I dont even think Toriyama made him
>>
>>5359577
What accessories are missing from PCE Trunks?
>>
>>5360344
Read the thread retard, or do you need a spoon for that too?
>>
>>5360352
Ah, I forgot this general is more interested in arguing about the anime and BBTS that discussing the toys.
>>
>>5359948
Well is shiny or pay a scalper prices for the original
>>
>>5360344
He is missing 6 hands and 4 faces. He is only coming with the gritted teeth non-SS face. Which is a bit disappointing.
>>
>>5360522
Well that is why people are buying the bootlegs. Don't want to pay scalper prices and don't want to pay more for a reissue that comes with less and has paint that they don't like.
>>
>>5359607
Honestly I wouldn't get him. Vote with your wallet to let Tamashii Nations know they shouldn't keep cheaping the fuck out on their fans.
>>
>>5360600
It kinda ticks me off that they couldn't even give him crossed arms. They already have the molds done, it wouldn't even be as costly as extra faces. He crosses his arms for like 90% of the movie.
>>
Anyone have the Banpresto Mega world frieza ship? How is it?
>>
>>5360019
I would really love a Turles
>>
So we need a new figuarts thread...
>>
>>5359747
I don't see the problem with the box fee. People spend all day whining how boxes aren't important. So who cares if I spend a two whole dollars to get a good one?
>>
>>5359577
>>5359584

Request in hand photos of Datong Frieza
>>
>>5361318

Personally, I don't think a policy which is basically "gib more money or we don't care about how fucked up your box is" should be supported, considering any decent company should have that as a standard.
>>
>>5361896

Not to mention the fact that most retailers sell damaged-boxed figures at a discount (even if it is only a little bit) as opposed charging more for a good box.

Not to mention the fact that BBTS already charges more usually anyway.

And also, the handful of times that I have purchased figures them, I have never paid that stupid extra fee, and I've always gotten a box that was in perfect condition anyway.

Its just a way for them to gouge their customers more.
>>
>>5360019

I'd love a first form Freiza, a first form Cell and maybe some Saibamen too.
>>
So Trunks prelease goes up 6th Jan. Anyanon got any idea what time of day it is likely to be?
>>
>>5361968
preorders usually go up around 2 am EST
>>
>>5361980

So 7am GMT?
>>
>>5360363
Oh I forgot you could read a thread to find out about information other than making another post that's been answered countless times, but thanks for contributing with something you could answer yourself because the toy has been out for fucking ages.
>>
>>5362012
yep
>>
>>5360019

>fuck you, have some more gokus
>>
>>5362031
>because the toy has been out for fucking ages.
Ships in January, big boy.
>>
>>5362034

Wonderful, thanks anon.
>>
>>5362045
December.
>>
>>5362139

Trunks doesn't ship until January, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>5362139
>you dumb fuck
That's what I get for forgetting the topic was about Trunks and not Vegeta.
>>
>>5362139
For trunks on saiyan armor? Sorry but the preorder comes in Jan 6 the ship somewhere in may if he doesn't get delayed
>>
>>5362491
the post chain was talking about premium color trunks
>>
>>5359607
I think he looks like the best vegeta so far but if you are having your doubts cancel breh.
>>
>>5359601
well they shouldn't have been exclusives in the first place
>>
>>5361589
has anyone even gotten theirs yet?
>>
File: Frieza_Approaches_-_Kono_2.png (567 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Frieza_Approaches_-_Kono_2.png
567 KB, 852x480
>my Frieza has been posted

First Form when?
>>
>>5359577
>>5359584
Where'd you find these pictures? i can never find any info on datong stuff
>>
Hastings is running a buy one get one 50% off sale on "anime action figures" through the 2nd. Just picked up Super Cyan Goku and Gold Frieza.
>>
>>5366413
Is that in store only?
>>
>>5366413
>>5366435
I'd also like to know this
>>
File: goldfrieza.jpg (32 KB, 585x413) Image search: [Google]
goldfrieza.jpg
32 KB, 585x413
I don't like super cyan, but should i buy super cyan goku for the costume and the base form head or should I just skip it?

I already have pic related for him to fight, but I also have regular ssj goku too
>>
>>5366435
>>5366476

No clue. I didn't see them on the site when I looked the other day. I assume you could check it yourself as easily as I could.
>>
>>5366508
I did check the site, but I didn't see a sale so I suppose it's in store only. I thought you may have just known something I didn't
>>
>>5366506
Just do it. Then if you want to sell him sometime later down the line, you can get your money back plus a little extra.
>>
>>5366574
Also debating getting him...do you really think this is the case? I'd imagine you'd be selling him for no more than 40 or so shipped in the future
>>
>>5366668

Pretty much every one of these figures has appreciated in value, aside from the ones that have been standard releases/rereleased time and time again (like Teen Gohan, Piccolo, SSJ Goku, etc) so there's really no reason to expect that these won't at least hold their value. If not go up a little.
>>
>>5366677
Pretty much.
>>
File: dbz-figmes-001-164163.jpg (66 KB, 655x655) Image search: [Google]
dbz-figmes-001-164163.jpg
66 KB, 655x655
So
>>
>>5369178
garbage.
>>
File: lesspartsconfirmed.jpg (361 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
lesspartsconfirmed.jpg
361 KB, 1366x768
MISSING PARTS CONFIRMED
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

PCE Trunks box revealed, has a different item tray
>>
>>5370297

I don't think anyone doubted he'd be coming with less.

It sucks he has less, but I'm not heartbroken about it.

Box is pretty disappointing/bland looking, though.
>>
>>5370318
I know, but as someone who owns the first edition its disappointing. Granted all the hands are extra but it more justifies the price.
The box change is ass tho, prefer the older colors but we'll see if the in-hand paintjob is truly better.
>>
>>5370297
So he doesn't have a non-super saiyan neutral face? The fuck kinda shit is that?
>>
When is Premium Color Vegeta supposed to ship out?
>>
>>5370351
he does, it's the separate face to our left. Those are the only neutral faces he has though
>>
>>5370455
All the sites said the 31st but none have updated with any info
>>
Any anons got their hands on the new Datong Frieza?
>>
>>5370455
i got mine about a week ago
>>
MH Toyshop delayed shipments of Premium Vegeta until Jaunuary 15th. Fantastic
>>
>>5369178
I really don't love how these look, I feel like if only one side of Goku's mouth had an upturn it would look way better. More like a smirk than a full on smile.
>>
>>5369178
Cell looks like a fish
>>
>>5359264
>>5358995
SDCC colors? or manga colors?
i JUST bought manga color gohan
any chance barnes and noble will pick this one up?
what about perfect cell rerelease?
>>
>>5373443

This is like the third re-release of this Gohan. It's just the standard release one. Not the SDCC. I don't even know why they're bothering, since he hasn't really even become particularly rare or hard to find since his last re-release.
>>
>>5373447
I was wondering the same thing
>>
File: IR62300LG.jpg (148 KB, 1010x360) Image search: [Google]
IR62300LG.jpg
148 KB, 1010x360
>>5369178
>release cell
>don't include the guy who beat cell
it's my childhood all over again
>>
does anyone have datong frieza yet?
>>
>>5373546

Not yet, mine is still in the never ending ether between ching chong land and US of fucking A.
>>
>>5373546
>>5373572
>>5370511
I found a review of him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ8JLmDlCpg
>>
so if that "awakening" goku is all about the moment he transforms, why are his clothes ripped that way?
having varying degrees of battle damage to choose from would be cool
pic related is closer to the moment he transforms
by the time the fight ends, his clothes are ripped even more than the "awakening" fig
>>
I demand a yajirobe
>>
>>5370297
So glad I got the original on eBay for $45 back in mid-2013.
>>
>>5373616
well I'll be, I couldn't even tell the difference. The market is getting scarier by the week. glad Ive been on this ship since original shf piccolo from 2008/9
>>
So I have a sealed SDCC 2011 SS Goku. What's a realistic price for it? ePay is all over the place.
>>
>>5373721
>What's a realistic price for it?
If you're selling it, start the auction at the price you paid for it. See where it goes from there. There's your realistic price point.
>>
>>5373721

Well, looking at the past "sold" auctions, he seems to pretty regularly go between $600 and $1000...more commonly on the lower end, but realistically, it looks like you could probably put it up for $700~$800 and it would sell fine.
>>
>>5370297
I'm just gonna get the Datong Trunks. Not gonna pay more for a release with less parts than the original. The lines under the eyes on the PCE Trunks make him look worse, too.
>>
>>5373807
>The lines under the eyes on the PCE Trunks make him look worse, too.

...Have we even seen a closeup of the faces to know it is even there like it was on the Premium Vegeta?
>>
File: 9Kpz4mQ.jpg (31 KB, 261x640) Image search: [Google]
9Kpz4mQ.jpg
31 KB, 261x640
>>5373643
It's based more so on this old piece of Manga artwork than any real specific scene in the series, although Goku did fight Frieza like thisat one point during the fight.
>>
File: DSCF2965.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2965.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1944
Datong have stepped up their game on this one. I don't have the official one to compare to, but it looks well painted and molded
>>
>>5373616
Isn't it illegal to make things like this?
>>
>>5373925

I doubt the law would care about manchildren buying a fake toy from China
>>
>>5373927
I'm talking about the bootleg.
Also, stop projecting.
>>
>>5373928

>talking about the bootleg

so was I and I doubt the law cares about someone buying a fake toy, as you can buy fake toys literally everywhere in the world that has a chinatown

And yes, it's lillegal to manufacture copyrighted materials but it's not like China gives a shit.
>>
>>5373928

Is english not your first language? The post you quoted was talking about the bootleg.
>>
>>5373934
>>5373938
Im talking about production of it.
>>
>>5373946

It's China, so they don't really care. It's like a grey area. It's technically illegal, but it's so widespread that they just don't bother enforcing it.
>>
>>5373946
>>5373950
China is a culture of knock offs, they even plan to build a cloning factory to just clone their food because they don't care about quality over profit.
>>
>>5373955

Don't forget about their knockoff babyfood
>>
I know this question has probably been asked, but is there ANY chance of a reissue of the original Final Form Freeza?

I want the little guy; however, I am not sure how sold I am on the Golden Form. Thoughts?
>>
>>5374046

Very slim chance. Just get the Datong comes with all the accessories, is much cheaper and is great quality.
>>
>>5369178
>:3
>>
Anyone got a photo of the Datong/Bandai or Final Form/Golden side by side comparisons?
>>
>>5373884
I saw a vid last night of a guy who posed them side by side and I could not tell the difference. He said all the joints were tight, paint was basically on point, and every accessory was there. Looking to be a really great figure.

Now, if Bandai wants to make a 100% frieza where he's jacked I'd love to buy that. His prior forms even moreso.
>>
File: frieza.gif (172 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
frieza.gif
172 KB, 500x375
>>5374558

>mfw checking mine out he doesn't even have the paint flaw that erivera94 had

That was nearly shattered when the peg split in half when swapping heads, but then I realised they just clip together. The figure is fucking great. The right arm squeaks a little bit and that's pretty much the only flaw I've found. All in all it's 10/10 for a bootleg
>>
>>5374569
Can you post some pics of him? I'd enjoy to see him posed while I wait for mine. Mainly the accessories.
>>
>>5374578

I will when my Vegeta arrives so I can choke/beam him
>>
>>5373925
China doesn't follow copyright or safety laws
>>
>>5359930
>>5358872
Is he a store exclusive?
>>
Say what you want about Datong, but those Sweatshop kids are improving at a great pace.
>>
>>5374632
no, wide release
>>
>>5374640
>implying everything else isn't made by chinese sweatshop kids
>>
>>5374640
>>5374640
i dono, the planet arelia vegeta fell apart in my hands..
>>
>>5374656
Was that really datong or the other brand? I bought one from the other brand and it was absolute shit compared to my datong super vegeta.
>>
>>5374656

Sure they couldn't just peg back in?
>>
>>5374656
I wish, literally most everything fell apart. the boots, the hands, the arms, legs. tail won't stay in. the socket won't secure the tail.

>>5374664
yes, i got my money back, but i still wish i had a good one.
>>
>>5374632
Do you mean web exclusive? DBZ SHF have 3 categories: web exclusives, mass releases (as in Cell Games Gohan), and con exclusives. And I guess bootlegs, as well.
>>
File: USSJGoku.png (2 MB, 628x1947) Image search: [Google]
USSJGoku.png
2 MB, 628x1947
>we'll never get any ascended/full power forms of anyone
>>
>>5374706

>Wanting a literal failure powerup
>>
I wonder when the Cell and Trunks datong will be out

>>5374706

Broly count? I wish we got his normal/ssj version but HIS POWER IS MAXIMUM won out
>>
File: CoolerF2.jpg (72 KB, 713x395) Image search: [Google]
CoolerF2.jpg
72 KB, 713x395
>>5374706
That said, what are the chances of getting this sexy bro?

I don't know what is considered popular enough or not to warrant a Figuarts.
>>
>>5374732
I would ask how popular Cooler is among the Nips, but I think most of the DBZ figuarts audience is the west, and we wanted Broly instead apparently.
>>
>>5374732
Cooler is my next favorite movie villain behind Broly. He's pretty cool.
>>
>>5374727

Jesus Christ, that pic...
>>
File: 1445192798932.jpg (3 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1445192798932.jpg
3 KB, 240x240
>>5374732
I actually just finished the Frieza Saga the other day and watched that last night such cool fights.

>Mfw his mask snapped shut
That shit gets me so fucking hard in vidya and anime. Viewtiful Joe did that too and I loved that game.
>>
>>5374735
Apparently, DBZ stuff sells ~2x better in the west than in Japan (can't recall where I've heard this/where it was confirmed/etc). Both demographics are important, anyway
>>5374736
I know!
>>
>>5374732

>we're getting a Yamcha before a Saibaman, Bulma, Roshi, Cooler, Kid Gohan, Hercule or Videl

kill me senpai
>>
>>5374756

Yes because yamcha was in the series since Dragon Ball whereas Hercule and Videl were only in for one and a half sagas.
>>
>>5374784

Yeah but we're getting shitty DBZ Yamcha not sub-par DB Yamcha
>>
>>5374822
Literally any character is good if it breaks up the saiyan release avalanche. This line would be as boring as toku shit if it weren't for figures like the androids and Beerus.
>>
File: Frieza.jpg (25 KB, 370x305) Image search: [Google]
Frieza.jpg
25 KB, 370x305
So, how sinful would it be if they released a First Form Frieza and he didn't come with the floating chair?
>>
>>5374855
The ultimate dick slap
>>
>>5374753
Yeah I love characters with masks like that.

>>5374855
I would love that, along with every other form of frieza. Imagine the neat setups you could make with a Z fighter going against a different form of frieza, similar to what they did in the show.
>>
Also where's a tienshinhan
>>
I figure they'll use the super saiyan blue hair later to give us ssj2 goku. Looks pretty similar.
>>
>>5374756
>>we're getting a Yamcha

Wut
>>
any good bootleg accessories and parts for DBZ figures?
>>
File: Coi7LQa.png (31 KB, 1400x343) Image search: [Google]
Coi7LQa.png
31 KB, 1400x343
>>5374958
>>
>>5375123
Eeeh, I'll believe it when I see it.

As much as I hope that it's legit, it's easy to just say shit like that.
>>
>>5374753
Wait till you watch Return of Cooler. Oh my fuck
>>
>>5375123
How do we know this guy is a legit source?
>>
File: ZVQP7.gif (58 KB, 450x288) Image search: [Google]
ZVQP7.gif
58 KB, 450x288
>>5375270
>>
File: shfiguarts_ff_frieza_acc_01.jpg (91 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
shfiguarts_ff_frieza_acc_01.jpg
91 KB, 1333x1000
is it just me or do frieza's faces look really bad? the one on the left isn't bad but the other 2 just don't look good
>>
File: Frieza2.png (646 KB, 900x1386) Image search: [Google]
Frieza2.png
646 KB, 900x1386
Am I a retard? How do you put the crossed arms on Frieza?

>>5375428

They look fine. I just wish there was a stern looking face or a laughing face.
>>
File: twowildandcrazyguys.jpg (155 KB, 649x742) Image search: [Google]
twowildandcrazyguys.jpg
155 KB, 649x742
>>5375446

Pop the arms off right under the shoulders, they're on pegs.
>>
File: Frieza5.png (1 MB, 1614x2158) Image search: [Google]
Frieza5.png
1 MB, 1614x2158
>>5375454

Ah. I guess they're just super tight on the Datong one. I tried removing the whole arm at first.
>>
>>5375476
Get some high grit sandpaper (like, 700?), sand the pegs down a bit.
>>
>>5375454
i love how his left arm just disappears into the other

I don't think I've ever used that piece on mine. It's so awful
>>
Datong Cell when?
>>
>>5375527

Tomorrow.
>>
File: 1419974781693.jpg (301 KB, 1280x1042) Image search: [Google]
1419974781693.jpg
301 KB, 1280x1042
>>5375585
don't play with me like that. I need perfection in my life
>>
>>5375590
I'd let him beat me up t b h

but only gently.
>>
>>5375585
I fucking wish. I neeeeeed it
>>
File: 1436775987968.gif (374 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1436775987968.gif
374 KB, 1200x900
>>5375602
>tfw you will never run for your life as Cell chases after you
>tfw you will never hear his laugh resonating in your ears as you try desperately to get away
>tfw you will never be cornered; unable to hide
>tfw you will never gaze upon his perfect body as he advances towards you
>tfw you will never ask him to let you go
>tfw he will never laugh at you and abuse you despite your pleads
>>
>>5375635
>tfw he will never crush a Figuarts Cell in front of your face
>with an improved head sculpt
>and smaller pupils
>and is apparently the only one in existence
>>
>>5375635

I am so fucking erect right now.
>>
File: Cell Fight.jpg (589 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Cell Fight.jpg
589 KB, 1632x1224
>>5375653

Really, once you get him in hand, Cell does live up to his perfectness.
>>
>>5375635
>you will never be forced to the ground in front of perfect cell and have all your clothes stripped off of you
>he will never extend his tail out towards you, opening the tip ever so slightly so that your penis can fit inside
>you'll never get to fuck the inside of perfect cell's moist tail as he laughs with that perfect voice
>you'll never blow a load up his tail which he'll then use to create cell jrs with your DNA
>>
>>5375659
Well I wouldn't know that, I mean it's not like I have one myself or anything...!
>>5375667
A-Anon
>>
>>5375667

I came.
>>
Got the day off on the right day, Trunks will be mine tonight!
>>
>>5375710
2 more days!
>>
File: 1334588337970.jpg (39 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1334588337970.jpg
39 KB, 300x300
>>5375667

I was expecting vore, but I'm still sickened anyway.
>>
>>5375715
Oh... I actually work in two days and already used my sick hours. FUCKING SHIT!
>>
File: 2015-07-21 02.10.32.jpg (81 KB, 299x300) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-21 02.10.32.jpg
81 KB, 299x300
>>5375635
>>5375667
>>
>>5375479
Uh, the higher the number the lower the grit. 700 would be like tissue paper.
>>
>>5375527
when does the premium color come out?
>>
>>5375912
Supposedly this year.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3155x2149) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3155x2149
Bit by the z bug.

The ressurection f dfx figures are fucking beautiful too. I love their manga style sculpting. May have purchased goku, gohan and vegeta. Theyll be here in like 2 months, fucking woo.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 640x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 640x407
>>5376171
These 2, theyre about the same height as the figuarts
>>
The one thing this line needs is fucking ankle rockers, the popsicle stick ankles hold these figures back so much.
>>
>>5376354

Definitely. Just need a lil more articulation for the running and crouching poses.
>>
>>5376171
>dfx figures are fucking beautiful too. I love their manga style sculpting.
someone on sideshow collectors made a custom SSJ God Goku using the head from the dfx figure. looked really nice.
>>
>>5376938
Could you post it? I don't have an account there.
>>
>>5376942
I'm trying to find it. And I don't have an account either. I think it was linked through imgur or something
>>
>>5376942
>>5376956
I couldn't find the oone on sideshow, but this is what it looks like

http://www.instagram24.com/tag/figuartscollection
>>
>>5376942
>>5376956
>>5377040
and whaddaya know I just found it http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/anime/83229-figuarts-dragonball-figures-2458.html
>>
I just want a Cell but they're super expensive.
>>
>>5377263
well we should be getting a datong and a premium color edition sometime soon
>>
>>5377473
Hope so I'm gonna have to order that shit because at this point I'd suck someone's dick for a Perfect Cell sooner than pay the $200+ bucks for him on ebay.

It's some real horse shit that the Figuarts Cell and Broly are really the only good Cell and Broly figures ever made and are more than $200 now for either resale.
>>
>>5377485
Broly can still be found for slightly over $100 if you're lucky. Pops up on Mandarake for 12,000 yen usually these days.
>>
>>5377487
I'm dealing in bullshit dying Canabucks monopoly money on top of the huge prices already. Now that I look at it Broly's around $150 compared to Cell's $200-$220.

At least Piccolo is reasonable as fuck. But it's hard being a manchild trying to fulfill childhood obsessions by buying all the cool toys no that we never had then is hard as fuck these days.
>>
>>5377502
As a Canuck, I know that feel all too well.

But yeah, just wait for Datong/Bandai to release Cell again. Dunno if we'll ever be getting a Premium Broly anytime soon (assuming we are at some point, unless Datong gets to it first)
>>
>>5374727
Beerus has thyroid issues...
>>
I think all I'm missing is the super cyan and the SDCC ssj version, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3188x1745) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3188x1745
>>5377843
Oops. Image.
>>
File: SH-Figuarts-DBZ-Beerus-002.jpg (80 KB, 504x712) Image search: [Google]
SH-Figuarts-DBZ-Beerus-002.jpg
80 KB, 504x712
l-lewd
>>
>>5377846
>>5377843
for now until the SSJ God and GT figures come out
>>
>>5377950
I probably won't get any of those, so until they do a driving school Goku or the Yardrat costume, I am set. The Frieza Saga SDCC and the new Awakening Goku are easily the best of them all.
>>
>>5377958

>best costumes of Goku are literally a Filler outfit and an outfit that only appeared for like 3 episodes
>>
>>5377994
Unless we get Saiyan Saga, the SDCC Frieza Saga Goku is better than the other ones without a doubt. Also, Awakening is probably the best DBZ Figuart to date.

Opinions.
>>
I have SDCC '15 goku, and got SDCC piccolo for christmas, is sdcc gohan worth it? I like the mentorship he had with piccolo and I feel that the regular version would look weird/too pale for the sdcc piccolo.
>>
>>5378049

I wanna get Awakening but his knee bothers me
>>
>>5378121
You're doing yourself a disservice if you skip that Goku because of that.
>>
I wish Jacksdo would make more heads and accessories. I have pic related and it's awesome
>>
>>5378111
May aswell, I don't think Gohan has shading on it either so it'd be glossy, i have the re-issue piccolo and it's pretty lame. other than that, just try and get it "cheap"
>>
>>5378121
Dude it's the best Goku yet.
>>
>>5378397
I dig it, how big?
>>
>>5378465
8.7 inches
>>
So, I have a 50 dollar gift certificate to Amazon, and a 5 dollar credit as well since they fucked up one of my orders once.

Right now Frieza is on Amazon for 160, on Prime. That means if I used my card and credit, I can get him right now for 105. Expensive, but relatively speaking, doable.

Any thoughts on this? Should I go for it if i'm not particularly hurting on cash? Or should I just wait for a possible reissue/should I grab the Datong if it's really worth it? I figured I'd only be spending another 50-60 for the real figure.

Thanks.
>>
>>5379169
Just get the Datong, unless you want to sell him later on or some shit.
>>
>>5379169

> paying scalpers

> ever
>>
>>5379176
>>5379178
True, haha
Yeah, I don't exactly want to.

Ugh though. Am I being autistic about not wanting bootlegs? I mean, mostly I am against shitty Nendoroid bootlegs, but idk, I like the feeling of having the official figure, but apparently Datong's are nearly identical to their Figuarts counterparts. Is this autistic of me?
>>
>>5378397
I think the Banpresto figures are a lot better than the regular figuarts releases (Figuarts Zero is pretty awesome too).

I have Banpresto Perfect Cell, Gotenks, Radditz, and Bardok and they all look better than the Figuarts figures I have. Shit, the Figuarts Zero figures look better than the normal figuarts figures I own.
>>
>>5379189
I wouldn't say autismal, but the Datong really does feel authentic (and it's apparently from the same factory anyway?)

Also >>5379178
>>
>>5379194
Dude, you are comparing apples to oranges, why? Stop.
>>
>>5379189
I wouldn't say autistic. but you'd probably change your mind if you had the datong in hand. I don't have any datongs yet, but I'll probably get frieza at some point
>>
>>5379200
Very cool, thanks for the info. I'd love to find out if it is really from the same factory...

But yeah. Might keep lurking and view reviews of Datong Frieza. But may just go for it. If anything, as a fuck you to Bandai. Thanks.
>>
>>5379212
Thanks, yep, will do a little more research / wait for more reviews and hopefully some from /toy/ soldiers, but will eventually do the same probably. Everyone seems to think very highly of them.
>>
File: IMG_20160104_153520[1].jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160104_153520[1].jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Welp datong frieza just came in. I'll dump a bit.

If you want any specific pictures just ask.
>>
File: 20160104_160537.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160104_160537.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
He looks pretty good. But he has a weird nick on the right side of his head(his right)
>>
File: 20160104_160611.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160104_160611.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>5379674
>>5379685
Fucking mobile
>>
File: Fuckphones.jpg (798 KB, 1836x2828) Image search: [Google]
Fuckphones.jpg
798 KB, 1836x2828
>>5379674
If this doesn't work you guys are just gunna have to break your necks
>>
File: Beam.jpg (1 MB, 1811x2487) Image search: [Google]
Beam.jpg
1 MB, 1811x2487
>>5379674
>>
File: Last.jpg (714 KB, 1819x2855) Image search: [Google]
Last.jpg
714 KB, 1819x2855
>>5379674
Last one for now.

He definitely looks good but my main problem is he has a ton of trouble standing. It's pretty annoying. It mostly comes from his tail.

His legs tend to pop off too. It's not so bad that it makes it impossible to pose but it does get annoying.

Overall I'm happy with it. Way better than paying rape prices. Again if you want any other pictures just ask
>>
>>5379721
>>5379706
>>5379701
>>5379691
>>5379685

idk something seems off about him
>>
>>5379722
Eyes look too far apart, mouth is too curvy, fivehead seems too long, that mold flash
>>
>>5379722
So more or less like the original then.
>>
If I've never done any sort of painting before, how hard would it be to paint this Vegeta's hair black?
>>
>>5380000

Easy. If you buy black acrylic spray paint, and then cover the rest of the body carefully so the paint doesn't leak or anything, you'll get a nice factory smoothness. Then you just fill out the little bits you missed with a brush directly by hand.
>>
>>5380102
Okay, I think I'm gonna do that. Thanks.
>>
File: friezaship.jpg (594 KB, 1250x928) Image search: [Google]
friezaship.jpg
594 KB, 1250x928
This little fella arrived today, and my Datong frieza should be here tomorrow, hopfully. I hope I can get a neat little setup with them.
>>
Gotenks when?
>>
>>5379721
Do the hip joints always look that exposed when you pose him on the figuarts, or is it just the datong?
>>
>>5380102
why not just take the fucking head off the body?
>>
>>5380228
Pretty sure he just meant face.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 65

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.