[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Toys r us is open till midnight tonight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Toys-R-Us.jpg (121 KB, 599x426) Image search: [Google]
Toys-R-Us.jpg
121 KB, 599x426
Is it weird that I kinda want to go just to see sad divorced dads looking at depleted shelves, seeing only a couple Black Series Finns and Marvel Legends Patsy Walkers?
>>
>>5356596
I feel bad for the poor employees having to work that late on Christmas Eve. I did 12-8pm today and that was bad enough.
>>
I drove past my TRU today and the parking lot was packed when usually there's like three cars there
>>
File: 1439219322681.jpg (58 KB, 500x278) Image search: [Google]
1439219322681.jpg
58 KB, 500x278
>>5356599
>I did 12-8pm today
Are you a SLAVE ! ???
>>
File: 1436977512143.jpg (641 KB, 2014x2048) Image search: [Google]
1436977512143.jpg
641 KB, 2014x2048
>>5356602
To fucking bad Toys r Us isn't open today on Christmas day. I'd so drive there and look around.
>>
>>5358167
fucking everything is closed on Christmas.

I wanted to get groceries today
>>
>>5358194
CVS
>>
>>5356596
>Not buying an action figure called "Hellcat" for your kid
>>
>>5358276
I bought a doll of a chick that used to be on a tv show called Hellcats. Does that count
>>
>>5358273
My CVS stores are closed but Walgreens is open
>>
>>5358303
Also movie theaters are open all day.
>>
>>5356596
It's open today! I get to look at an laugh at those dads now!
>>
>>5358276
It fucking bewilders me how fucking stupid a company can be. It's fucking christmas, Age of Ultron came out earlier this year, yet this ass backwards company doesn't have shelves PACKED with Avengers legends, No, some random black lady nobody even knows about and hellcat everywhere. I made the mistake of going to TRU the past few days and pretty much everything was gone or being taken as soon as it was stocked, but what's still left hanging on the pegs? dumb fuck legends of obscure characters nobody wants.
>>
>>5359471
>moviefags BTFO yet again

I love the holidays.
>>
Talk about it, I couldn't even find the figure my kid wanted. Shelves packed with his sidekick though, who the hell even likes Booster?
>>
>>5359471
Not excusing TRU but Hasbro's stupidity is just as much to blame for this.
>>
I went to TRU today, and it looked like a Walmart up in there.
>>
>>5359471
>>5359725
I think this has more to do with Disney owning the licenses to star wars and marvel now. Ever since they got ahold of the licenses I've started to notice that the Disney Stores are getting much better quality toys than the major retailers have been getting. These days they're chocked full of marvel selects and some pretty descent exclusive figure sets for the price. The star wars stuff is a prime example right now, they're sabers and die cast vehicles are way better than anything available at target and the prices are reasonable. I wouldn't be surprised if the elite series isn't just a test platform for their own action figure lines which will eventually replace the mass market Disney owned figure lines once the current licensing deals expire.
>>
>>5356596
>Marvel Legends Patsy Walkers

Is that real? Because I want one.

Also, speaking of Marvel figures, can someone explain something to me?

In order to get a Thanos figure, you have to buy a bunch of OTHER heros, and each one comes with a Thanos PART. You have to OPEN THEM to assemble Thanos too.

Do people really fall for this? I doubt children know who Thanos is yet. Who is this marketed towards?

The only Thanos figures I have is a Marvel Select Thanos, and a glow in the dark Pop Vinyl Thanos.
>>
>>5359471
>obscure characters
We aren't talking about Patsy/Hellcat, are we?
>>
>>5359771
>In order to get a Thanos figure, you have to buy a bunch of OTHER heros, and each one comes with a Thanos PART. You have to OPEN THEM to assemble Thanos too.

Build-a-figures have literally been a thing for decades.

At its most basic level, it is supposed to work as a way to baiting people into buying figures they might otherwise have not bought, just to get the parts to complete that figure.
>>
>>5359782

I remember that used to be a thing for Transformers. Buy the set, and mash them together for a behemoth, but Thanos?

They have another for Iron Man's Hulk Buster armor. That one makes sense to me.
>>
>>5356596
i went a few weeks ago to get my cousin a grimlock figure. i also bought a fox mcloud plus and a animal crossing plush for gf. I remember going their when i was young. looking for star wars stuff.
>>
>>5359783

Years ago, Build a Figures (BAFs) were generally really big figures. Like, one of the best was that big Sentinel.

Recent figures have gotten a lot smaller, though....that TRU exclusive X-Men wave had Jubilee. I think one wave had a fucking Comic Rocket Raccoon....other recent waves had figures like...well, a few Spider-Man Waves had Hobgoblin, Green Goblin, and the most recent Spider-Man wave had Rhino. The Movie Guardians of the Galaxy wave had Groot as the BAF.

They don't always make sense, and sometimes it is a pretty popular figure. People seem to be pretty divided on BAFs. The general idea is that if it is at least a pretty big figure (like the recent Hulkbuster) it isn't so bad.
>>
>>5356599

I understand that feel. Working 3-1am on Christmas Eve at fast food was awful, had to deal with shitty assholes who dont seem to understand you're a person who has to work the day before christmas and obey their whims.

Working call center now on Christmas Eve till 12 and worked Christmas 3-12 as well, but the calls were super simple and it was more like just hanging out with at on of people for 9 hours.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.