[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking USPS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
File: Fucking USPS.jpg (77 KB, 653x495) Image search: [Google]
Fucking USPS.jpg
77 KB, 653x495
>Start a small DBZ collection a few months back
>Brother comes in town last month and falls in love with it because we were both DBZ fans as kids
>Brother has never been one to collect toys, but says he'd make an exception for a few Gohan Figuart figures
>Decide to get him Ultimate Gohan and Teen Gohan for Christmas
>Order it from a guy in Tennessee on the 19th
>I live in Louisiana, so it should get here in no time
>USPS tracking confirms it'd be here by Tuesday, just in time to have it wrapped up to give to him on Christmas Eve when we all exchange presents
>Check USPS today
>See pic related

Fucking USPS
>>
>I ordered this less than a week before Christmas, this should be a slow time of year for them
>what do you mean the USPS has been defunded
>>
So... you made a last minute purchase, did it during literally the busiest shipping period of the year, did it on the weekend, used a service that takes up to 3 -business- days without delivery date guarantee, and you are focusing on the failures of others rather than your own missteps.

Literally fuck off forever, kid.
>>
>>5352521
>kid
You destroyed everything about your own post by ending it like a fedora fag.
>>
File: 1369004019651.png (16 KB, 691x597) Image search: [Google]
1369004019651.png
16 KB, 691x597
>>5352521
I just find it funny that the package was overshot by such a great distance. I mean, I'm just a few hours from Tennessee and they sent the shit all the way to Salt Lake City.

I kind of thought it was a little funny...
>>
>>5352548
>fedora fag
You destroyed everything about your own post by ending it like a tumblr fag.
>>
>>5352506
That sucks Op. I just got my package yesterday when it was supposed to be here last week. I paid for express shipping , and it would have been here on time but the delivery service in Richmond decided to ship packages weekly instead of daily just this month.
>>
File: 1448243133338.png (53 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1448243133338.png
53 KB, 1000x1000
>>5352506
I ordered a figure from California on Friday and I got it yesterday and I live on the east coast
>>
This is the company that pulled the misleading act of changing "Priority Mail" to "Priority Mail 2-Day" and actually TRADEMARKING that title, yet they do not guarantee 2-day delivery. Crap like that is almost grounds for an eventual class-action lawsuit, they had to know that. It was a very stupid name change for the service.
>>
>>5352506
most likely what happened is the moron who accepted the package at the counter typed in the zip code wrong, which routes the package according to the postage bar code. No human will even read it until it gets to a post office and they notice it's in the wrong state.

I actually had to call their 800 corporate number on a PO employee who was routinely doing that to things I'd mail, because they'd always go to the wrong state due to a mistyped zip code.
>>
This happens to me a lot. I live in northern MD, and basically packages will enter my state, and then either go down to Virginia or overshoot to Pennsylvania before coming back to MD.
>>
>seven-item order placed on the 16th
>Amazon says arriving Thursday
>out for delivery today
So fresh, so clean.
>>
>>5352548
"kid" seems apropos.
He fucked around, did stupid things, then when he realizes he messed up, he blames somebody else for his fuck up.
Exactly what a little kid would do.
So if he's not a kid, then he's just plain retarded.
>>
>>5352506
>first class
>cheapest shipping method
>>
>>5352636

Come to think of it, I don't know that I have ever had a package take more than 2 days when shipped priority.

Assuming the person actually ships it right away, and isn't holding onto it for a couple days.

Although, I feel like USPS kinda dicks around with their tracking/shipping info, or they're just fucking awful at updating it. Sometimes I don't ever see the tracking info update even once between the time the item is shipped and the item is out for delivery.
>>
>>5352657
>post office misdirects his package
>it's somehow his fualt

let me guess, to be that dumb, you frequent /pol/
>>
>>5352818
>it's not his fault that he decided to order something last minute during the busiest shipping time of the year in the entire industrialized world and not get guaranteed date delivery postage
Well... yeah, yeah it is.
>>
>>5352636
I don't even understand what you're trying to say. Priority mail is 1-3 day service. That it usually takes two days is within that range.

There's some restriction on weight and destination or something, but it's extremely limited exceptions.
>>
>>5352824
Priority mail isn't guaranteed either, dipshit. Only next day or 2-day express are.

>>5352840
They TRADEMARKED "Priority Mail 2-Day" when 2-day delivery is not guaranteed, you brainless fuck. If that ever goes to court for false advertising, USPS will lose hard. It's a misleading name that implies 2-day delivery is a guarantee when it's merely an estimate. I've had it take 3-5 days before. Some sort facilities will sit on packages for 1-2 days before even moving packages on. And if it's coming out of Michigan or Florida, forget it, that's at least a week to get delivered, it seems both those states have problems. Well I know Florida has problems, lots of problems.
>>
>>5353037
>Priority mail isn't guaranteed either, dipshit. Only next day or 2-day express are
Where did I ever mention Priority, microdick? Don't confuse me with someone else.
>>
>>5352818
the post office did not misdirects his package.

Because his package is First class it automatically gets lower priority if they have other higher priority packages to deal with. Being Christmas season, they will have tons of that.

In those situations when they don't have time to sort, they will just give it one of their other main sorting stations to take care of it.
>>
File: Carl.jpg (550 KB, 1600x830) Image search: [Google]
Carl.jpg
550 KB, 1600x830
>>5352506

Postal Worker here.

You are just another one of the ignorant public that has no idea what is going on in our sorting facilities, our offices, and for our carriers this time of year, specifically this week.

You are using our 2nd-most basic service, since you are on /toy/ I assume that is because you are a poorfag who demands bro prices in the BST and doesn't understand that faster shipping requires a larger sum of money for the buyer. If you had to have it by a certain date we can accommodate that, if you needed it 2-3 days from the order date we can accommodate that, as well. Instead you opted for First Class, which is still a good option but on a 3-5 day window.

You placed this order TWO DAYS AGO and are bitching about not having it yet despite it being Christmas week, where we are processing and handling literally hundreds of millions of parcels each day. In fact, the 21st, which was, y'know, yesterday, is the single heaviest day of the year for us. But you of course are a special snowflake and should have yours NOW!

Based on that tracking, I bet you dollars to donuts you see an Arrival At Unit for your office tomorrow morning, and then Out For Delivery and on your doorstep in the afternoon. But even that won't be good enough for you, you'll still say moronic ignorant shit like what you did here this evening the next time the Postal Service is unable to read your mind and understand you really really needed these toys for your fag brother on this date at this time (even though you didn't pay for that service).
>>
Some of you are grade-A fuckin retards. The issue isn't how long it's taking, but that it took a huge fucking detour half way across the country.

Fuck.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (176 KB, 612x758) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
176 KB, 612x758
>>5353819
OK, now defend this.
>ordering from the US
Never again.
>>
>>5354051
HOLY
O
LY

HOLY HOLLY

ITS YUGIOH DUEL BETWEEN
>>5353819
AND OPERATOR-SAN
>>
I know USPS isn't perfect, but I had a friend from Jersey sending over shit to here in Ohio. It actually got to Pennsylvania before being sent down to Florida for some reason.
While it was being sent to Florida, the tracking didn't update so I got worried. Eventually it was sent back here in about two more days and when it got here the box was banged up quite a bit, but luckily nothing inside was damaged.
I have to wonder why it took that detour but better it get here after that than for it to not have got here at all.
>>
File: u fukkin wot usps.jpg (36 KB, 608x417) Image search: [Google]
u fukkin wot usps.jpg
36 KB, 608x417
Not really a christmas whine, but I've had problems with USPS before
>>
>>5352506
I work at FedEx and load the packages onto trucks right before they are delivered. What happened was more than likely someone put the wrong sticker/ code on a box and got sorted to go to a different distribution facility. We do about 18,000 packages where I work and only about 3-4 of these happen each night. Sorry mate D:
>>
>>5353842
that's not how it works. they don't just route 1 package buddy.
it's only a detour if it's not part of the plan.

There is a plan in place to bump and transfer all lower priority stuff to other location for sorting when the current or closer location don't have time to deal with it. This is only a first class package, it's can sit at the receiving station for a couple of days and still be part of the plan... lower priorty = you'll get it when it gets there, no set date.

It's no different than having standby tickets for a flight. no room? guess you have to wait for the next flight. Or you want to save money and didn't purchase a non stop flight ticket. like taking a bus , instead of driving a car. etc.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.