[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mythic Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11
So, the test figures are out, anyone have one in hand? I backed the line (orc warrior and the community figure with the orc weapon pack) but had no money to throw at these. Thoughts? Articulation? Fuck-ups?
>>
File: Mythic Legions Final Picks2.jpg (668 KB, 1255x842) Image search: [Google]
Mythic Legions Final Picks2.jpg
668 KB, 1255x842
There's a TON of pictures in a thread on the official forums. They look so good, I wish I bought some of the fully-armored knights when the price dropped.

What did you all end up getting? I got a row of good guys, a row of skeletons, a row of my favorite "villains," and some extras. I kind of regret not getting Atilla (lion head).
>>
>>5340454
is it even possible to get any of these guys anymore? I'm an idiot.
>>
>>5340440
I'm just waiting to see any of them in a decent pose.
>>
File: IMAG1835.jpg (201 KB, 800x452) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1835.jpg
201 KB, 800x452
>>5340454
It took me forever to decide on a second after the fan figure.
I really wanted to get a sort of heroic knight to match him against, but none of them really jumped out at me.
pics not mine, btw
>>
>>5340459

from: http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1240&start=165
>>
http://thefwoosh.com/2015/12/first-look-four-horsemen-mythic-legions-barbarian-builder-test-shot

pretty good picture review here of an incomplete barbarian builder.
Looks good, so long as you don't look too closely at his neck from the side.
Sad that the hands don't have a hinge to do any weapon-pointing poses with.
>>
File: 23211493969_f814279251_c.jpg (101 KB, 800x570) Image search: [Google]
23211493969_f814279251_c.jpg
101 KB, 800x570
>>5340468

http://www.sourcehorsemen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1240&start=210

More pics from this guy on the previous pages, too.
>>
I missed the kickstarter.

Will I be able to order these when they come out?
>>
>>5340481
From the store, probably, save for the exclusives.
But given that the test shots and preorders sold out super fast, you'll have to be quick.
>>
File: IMG_2183-690x800.jpg (108 KB, 736x853) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2183-690x800.jpg
108 KB, 736x853
for scale, again, not mine
>>
>>5340532
God I wish these were out like, RIGHT now. I need them so bad. I'm wishing I ordered more skeletons now.
>>
>>5340468

Man, these are looking great. I only got two regular skellies, malleus, the minotaur and Vitus. Might have to pick up some of the knights when they go up for sale.
>>
File: 1326974827195.jpg (14 KB, 336x403) Image search: [Google]
1326974827195.jpg
14 KB, 336x403
I missed the KS but got in on the pre-order, dropped over a grand & had serious remorse but seeing these prototypes gets me cautiously excited.
>>
These are coming? I didn't even get any info on mine and i only ordered the op knight.
I'm probably gonna sell mine when i get it.
>>
These would have been much better at 3 3/4ths sized
>>
>>5342734
Nobody wants that shitty scale, m8
>>
Goddammit, I'm contemplating getting an extra gold skeleton and gold knight to make a solid gold skeleton knight, but then I'd have an extra skeleton body and nothing to do with it. Assuming I'll be able to get those once the extras hit the stores...
>>
>>5342753
I do
>>
>>5342692
Jeeze, well, I hope you're satisfied when they arrive.
>>
File: P1280917.jpg (199 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
P1280917.jpg
199 KB, 1000x750
Will anyone actually get the Troll 4H is making? It looks massive and awesome but I bet it will be expensive as all hell
>>
Is this from some form of media?
>>
>>5343680
Another reason why the larger scale was a mistake. The small scale would have allowed for a large amount of beasts and even playsets. This scale greatly limits them to a handful of releases at best, and even then they will be extremely expensive.
>>
>>5345085
Given the limited appeal, I don't think keeping the figures in the six inch scale is too outrageous. It's roughly $18 for basic figures with weapons before shipping, which isn't exhorbidently expensive and doubling that for more detailed, unique figures makes sense. Besides, all of their other figures fit in the six-inch scale, so it allows for parts reuse along the line.
>>5343805
Mythic Legions? No, it's a new IP. They might do some comics, which would be cool, but otherwise they're staying just toys.
>>
>>5345085
You're delusional. 3.75 scale figures are dying down after the lush they got a few years ago. Do you see Gi Joe's on shelves anymore? MU is basically dead and companies like DC/Mattel realized it wasn't profitable like they thought so they're retracting their previous plans and going back to 6 inch scale.
>>
>>5345085
A mistake in your delusional world perhaps. The line has proven to be a success because of the scale change. Quit being so butthurt about it.
>>
>>5345141
>1:18 dying
>unknown HACKS 1:18 kickstarter sold more figures than world renown 4H's kickstarter
hmmmmm

Just to remind everyone, 4H is still willing to make their figures in 1:18 if enough people tell them that they're interested
>>
>>5345146
>A mistake in your delusional world perhaps. The line has proven to be a success because of the scale change.
How do you figure this?

4H only changed the scale because of people telling them they wanted 1:12 instead.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

It doesn't mean 1:18 wouldn't have been successful though, considering people like me bought it in 1:12 anyway. I'd have bought way more if it was in 1:18 though, just like i did with HACKS
>>
>>5345689
This.

1:18 isn't dead, far from it. The Hacks line which has figures that don't even look that great sold like crazy. That feminist line did extremely well and those figures are shit. And the true watermark of current 1:18, Acid Rain, is doing great, with many, many upcoming releases planned and tons of re-orders on current figures.

Just because retail hasn't worked out as a great place for 1:18 doesn't mean shit. All of 4H house lines haven't been retail so it doesn't matter on either side. You can't say that 1:18 is dead when you're ignoring the most successful and best looking 1:18 lines in years.
>>
>>5345689
I think hacks did so well just because no one has really made great fantasy figures like that before.

>>5345707
Another major reason they switched was the 1:18 figures were almost as expensive as 1:12.
>>
File: HACKS-Coral-Snake-Gorgon.jpg (1 MB, 1519x2048) Image search: [Google]
HACKS-Coral-Snake-Gorgon.jpg
1 MB, 1519x2048
>>5345744
>I think hacks did so well just because no one has really made great fantasy figures like that before.
That would have been 4H's Mythic Legion instead... but there's no rule both wouldn't enjoy great success.

>Another major reason they switched was the 1:18 figures were almost as expensive as 1:12.
They said they didn't believe that people would pay that much for their figures, or rather, it wouldn't be as good of a deal. Again, HACKS proved them wrong.

Of course, you're ignoring Marauder's Gun Runner's 1:18 army figures, even though there are tons of other military lines in this scale. Generic as shit, yet it was very successful. Even their female line did great.

>>5345723
>The Hacks line which has figures that don't even look that great sold like crazy.
bitch, please. HACK's stuff is the best looking line from all these kickstarters and way better than Acid Rain.
>>
File: TVSets-1-1.jpg (132 KB, 1061x799) Image search: [Google]
TVSets-1-1.jpg
132 KB, 1061x799
>>5343646
Thanks Anon, things are looking good for my fantasy shelf!
>>
These full armored knights look really really good.
>>
>>5340468
Hmm. Intriguing.
>>
>>5345821
>bitch, please. HACK's stuff is the best looking line from all these kickstarters and way better than Acid Rain.

>>looks at picture
>>oh wait he's serious
>>
>>5345821
The hacks line has inferior articulation and inferior paintjobs to acid rain, and all around don't feature anything as nearly as complex as the construction of multiple acid rain figures let alone their vehicles. I have bought plenty of acid rain and have $700 worth of HACKS coming to me soon so I greatly enjoy how both lines look, but to pretend that HACKs is of higher quality is actual textbook insanity. At best you can like the subject matter better.
>>
>>5345085
>>5345689
Dude, get over it. This is the scale.

It sucks that you don't get your 1/18th figs, but you'll just have to live with it. The HACKS figs looked fantastic to me, but I'm a 1/12th fan and had no reason to get them. It sucks, but that's how things are. Bitching about it in every damned thread doesn't change anyone's opinion, it only makes people hate you.
>>
>>5346263
Who's trying to change anyone's opinion?
Some guy said stupid bullshit, got corrected, and I'm only relaying what I was told by the 4H guys, that if enough people tell them that they'd like to see 1:18 Mythic Legions they'll do it.
4H won't say no to money.
>>
>>5346568
>got corrected

Yeah, sure. If that's what you want to believe.
>>
>>5346263
>acting like its one person

Nig its at least 3 people in the last 8 posts alone
>>
>>5346709
>implying there weren't just 3 highly successful kickstarters for 1:18 scale figures
>implying Acid Rain isn't on going because it's popular
>implying GI Joes aren't still on the shelves
>implying there aren't 3434 generic brains for 1:18 military figures
>implying the MU line still isn't getting brand new figures being made
sure is deluded individual

>>5346241
HACKS still looks better, because Acid Rain is hipstershit stylized that panders to a limited scope.
Yes, i buy Acid Rain, but I can admit that it's edgy stylization.
Also, i really dislike the rubbery-ness of the line. It makes Hasbro's rubbery plastic feel like it's made of stone compared to Ori's. Which isn't to say thta they're not quality plastics, just the tactile feeling is bad... which actually makes moving them limbs around harder to do
>>
>>5347573
MU's getting shitty ass low articulation figures, sure. That's Hasbro trying to kill the line. GI isn't on shelves, they're BARELY even in TRU.

Fuck off dude, nobody wanted these to be 3 inch figures except the lowest grade of person.
>>
>>5347578
>popular new 1:18 figures don't count because they don't have articulation AND NOT SOLD EVERYWHERE!!! THE LINE IS DEAAAD!
I don't think any other board is more deluded than /toy/, not even /x/

I'd post another 1:18 line that is supposed to come out next year, but i forgot what it's called. Some Asian company is doing it, but it's so tiny that the only place I ever saw it being advertised was some random Comic Con retailer booth.

Also, i find it funny that you think GI Joe is dead, even though you're in a thread about a line that is only sold at the creator's webstore.
Also also, i find it hilarious that you think Hasbro wants the line dead (if they did, they'd actually just cancel it outright) is sold in every toy store. All the big retailers still support it
>ib4 conspiracy that Target and WAlmart are twisting Hasbro's arm to continue producing the MU line
>>
>>5347651

Yeah, good luck finding any new MU in any store dipshit. The line is dragging itself along, Marvel Legends are where the money is at.
>>
>>5347662
>good luck finding any new MU in any store dipshit
Are you really implying that the stores in your area have sold out of their MUs?
Because that's what it sounds like, considering every single major retailer and most smaller stores carries the line, if you can't find it in your stores.
>also getting angry because i called you on your bullshit
stay deluded, chit. Keep pretending that popular lines that /toy/ still talks about the newest figures that they can find in the stores are dead just because... because why? I don't get why you want to pretend they're dead.
>>
>>5347778

It must be nice living in your bizarre fantasy world. Maybe you should actually go outside for once and see how things are in the real world.
>>
>>5347573
>HACKS still looks better, because Acid Rain is hipstershit stylized that panders to a limited scope.
>Yes, i buy Acid Rain, but I can admit that it's edgy stylization.

lol having style isn't edgy. Stop trying to make yourself feel better about liking HACKS
>>
...ignoring the 2/3rds of this topic that is pointlessly bitching about scale

Having them in hand, they're actually really great figures. Everything about them is very solidly built and they have a very noticeable heft to them. If one of these guys falls over, you'll definitely hear it. Articulation for the most part is pretty fantastic, legs have a great range of motion, the ball joint torso gives a wonderful amount of ab-crunch and the ball joint in the neck is pretty beefy, giving them a good range of head tilt and twist.

The only real complaints can be found in the arms, with their single hinged elbow (which goes just under 90 degrees), slightly hampered shoulder articulation (at least with the armored torso) and the frequently mentioned hinged wrist instead of the ball joint wrist. Also of note, the left hand on the two figures I got seems to have a tighter grip then the right hand. This may be a line wide thing, but it's kind of nice because they can hold some non-ML weapons better in one hand then the other so there's a bit more options for gearing these guys up.

As for the accessories, all of em are just as rigid and strong as the figures themselves. I don't have fear of the swords or spears snapping in half like I do for other similarly sized figures, and they hold all their natural weapons really well. My only complaint with the accessories is the fact they chose to go with a clip on shield. Clip on shields look bad, damage the figure, get loose over time and generally are one of the worst ways to attach a shield. On the bright side, the clip part is easily removable, leaving a tiny peg in it's place so modifying them to have handles isn't a difficult task.

So far, I'm happy with the two test shots I got and can't wait for the rest of my figures to come in. Maybe it's because there's so few other 1/12th scale fantasy figures out there, but I find these guys to just be fantastic toys all around...ignoring some minor gripes.
>>
>>5350457
The line is obviously stylized with pinched cartoony faces, DBZ hair, and gritty Warhammer/3a stylied paint jobs, and you claim it's somehow realistic.
I didn't make a claim that other lines featuring medusas and himalayan reptiles are realistic, same way I'm not saying shit about Acid Rain having sci-fi mecha. Only thing I said is that Acid Rain is stylized and that is a fact with their overdone weathering and cartoony figures.

You're being as bad as that guy from earlier claiming 1:18 lines currently sold in major retailers are dead and aren't popular.
>>
3" people please argue about your regrets elsewhere this is for glorious 6" fantasy knight figures
>>
>>5348626
Awesome, this is what I was hoping to learn when I started this thread fucking days ago.
Shame about the shield, but I was kind of expecting that.
Same with the shoulders, but with the size of the pauldrons on some figures it isn't really surprising.
I really wish they'd used a hinged wrist, it would have helped get around the limited elbow articulation and posing.
>>
>>5348626
could you tell me how well they two-hand their weapons?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.