[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you guys angry about elves?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: elves.jpg (159 KB, 690x582) Image search: [Google]
elves.jpg
159 KB, 690x582
Are you guys angry about elves?
>>
>>5337653
why should I?
>>
Sorry I'm not a feminist and actually enjoy playing with toys.
>>
I don't see the issue.
>>
This looks cool as fuck.
>>
The sets are cool, but I wish they'd used minifigs instead of the minidoll crap.
>>
>>5337691
This guy has it - why did they go for minidolls?
>>
>>5337710
girls play with legos too :^)
>>
>>5337669
>>5337682
it's a /tg/ joke, I believed derived from The Elder Scrolls. So, yeah, just calm down.

>>5337691
This was pretty much /tg/'s thoughts.

My thoughts as well combined with >>5337690, plus,. it's leg, if you don't like the figures, just take the sets, remodel things, and toss in your own stuff.

Any good sets that allow for some elaborate and posable dragons?

Shit, how about some other, non-elf minidol,l styles I could use to set up a full adventuring party?
>>
>something was made that doesn't specifically cater to my interests and deviates slightly from things that I find acceptable all to appease a different audience than myself and it in no way affects the quality or quantity of the other things that are already made that I care about!
That's pretty much exactly what it's like when people get upset over trivial things like this.
>>
>>5337718
But no-one is that mad?
>>
>>5337653
Occasionally. Sometimes they try to feed me tofu. The catch is that I have to prepare it myself, but I can't cook for shit, so after I inevitably fuck up, I gotta to eat the inedible garbage I've produced. And then they laugh at me.

Elves, man.
>>
>>5337710
I attended a Lego conference some time ago where a couple of the Friends lead designers gave a talk on the subject (and of Friends in general). Basically, it's because of research -- one of the major findings was that girls (generally) didn't connect (heh) with minifigs because they're not very human-shaped. Hence the more realistic proportions (giant heads aside) and skin colors.

Aside from that, the actual construction is pretty much exactly the same as "regular" sets -- same kinds of parts (maybe some more/new accessories and colors, but those are being applied in non-Friends sets as well), which is different from the previous "girl Lego" themes (Paradisa and Belville used large panel parts to simplify construction), and which the designers credited with the positive reception of the Friends line. Given that it's been almost 3 years since then, it looks like their design choice paid off.
>>
>>5337726
it'd be great if minidolls were in the next lego movie and not bionicle :^)
>>
>>5337721
I know, and that's why I didn't quote anybody's post. I'm actually proud of /toy/ for not being 'that guy' and wanted to show what those types of reactions are actually saying.
>>
>>5337653
this looks cool I kinda wanna buy it
>>
>>5337729
You best be trolling about not liking Bionicle, but if you want a minidolls movie, your wish is granted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xwEZT0U9pg

There's also some online mini-episodes about Friends and Elves on Lego's website. Wikipedia tells me there's going to be a Friends TV show on Netflix next year.
>>
>>5337741
if bionicle was such a genius idea friends wouldn't be highly innovative, unlike ccbs generic mc grevious :^)
>>
>>5337743
Fuck off back to your autistic circlejerk of a general. Lego elves has nothing to do with Bionicle.
>>
>>5337760
If Lego Elves is a main character in the second movie it'll make bonkle fans very upset.
>>
Only thing that bothers me are that the figures look silly in comparison to minifigs in my opinion, but hey, it's not like I was ever the target audience for this stuff
>>
>some neckbear on /tg/ actually thought this epic meme would make an epic thread on /toy/
>>
>>5337653
As along as there is no banner of elf bullshit I'm not.

[spoiler]It looks cute t'bh senpai.[/spoiler]
>>
the pop star legos kinda irritate me
>>
>>5337731
Why did you even bring it up then?
>>
>>5337788
Are you angry, anon? Angry about fa/tg/uys?
>>
>>5337828
I'm a little disappointed in the OP is all.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.