[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17
File: Capture.jpg (81 KB, 1279x679) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
81 KB, 1279x679
Normies are making fun of us again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYyuo7gm-aQ&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>5335389
>it's completely movie accurate

I am triggered.
>>
>>5335389
That little 'does your wife like figs too' made me lol.
>>
Why would you not make fun of somebody who collects boxes?
>>
>>5335395
> Funko Pops in boxes in a case
really triggered
>>
File: 1444114139813.png (16 KB, 800x473) Image search: [Google]
1444114139813.png
16 KB, 800x473
>>5335389
>US
fuck the MIB crowd, that was hilarious.
>>
>>5335480
fuck you nigga i keep the boxes from shit that i buy. just electronics and figmas. my closet is full of them. i still have my ps2 box in there from years ago.
>>
I'm surprised they didn't do this with Funko Pops
>>
File: 1425860743117.gif (996 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1425860743117.gif
996 KB, 500x300
>>5335389
That's totally not me........
>>
This feels like something from the late 90's/ early 2000's back when bashing nerd culture was considered to be fun
>>
>>5335536
still is, Bazinha! :^) I'm such a nerd don't you love star wars anon? :^))))
>>
>>5335538
The Big Bang Theory is to "nerds" what Tyler Perry shows are to black people.
>>
I pose my toys so I don't have any trouble finding this amusing. The "I bought three" line is hilariously on-mark for some people.
>>
>>5335389
I'm more offended by that Chris Farley knockoff. Have some fucking respect and get your own shtick.
>>
>>5335389

That was actually pretty funny. Takes the piss out of a lot of aspects of the hobby that I find silly anyway.
>>
>>5335389
mostly because you think things like "reeee" are funny and socially acceptable.
>>
I thought that display case at the end was hell of tight. I mean, the toys could be better and they could be opened... but it was really aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>5335389
is that..Nedry from Jurrasic park!? that could be his twin
>>
>>5335606
>hell of tight
>hella tight
>>
>>5335407
That was great.
>>
File: 1448604253550.jpg (163 KB, 530x720) Image search: [Google]
1448604253550.jpg
163 KB, 530x720
That shit was pretty funny. Landing that Falcon was 10/10
>>
>>5335389
Hahaha, I actually laughed. That was pretty funny, if you can't laugh at yourself and your own silliness then you're way too uptight. And just remember, there's always someone more pathetic than you, namely: mint-in-box collectors. They're basically the second lowest rung of society, right above pedophiles.
>>
>>5335704
I agree except for really vintage stuff since who plays with that anyway. For anything else? Take that shit out of the damn box! It's never ever gonna be worth anything because of how mass produced it was. enjoy your fucking toys, God...
>>
>>5335389
The accurate Falcon landing and bit about the wife got me. You actually got me modern SNL.
>>
>>5335389
Anybody have a non-youtube-NBC-Hulu link for people not living in the US?
>>
>>5335733
This, but it doesn't bother unless people brag about keeping it 'mint condition' or how much they'll make off it in a few years.

>>5335742
Same, first SNL skit in a while to make me laugh more than once.
>>
>>5335678
doing the little poofs for the compressed air shooting out of the bottom was what really made it special
>>
>>5335733
>Take that shit out of the damn box!
Yep. Action Comics 1 is worth a bajillion dollars because everyone threw theirs away, modern shit isn't worth anything because everyone knows about age appreciation and it ruins the concept of rarity because everyone keeps it. The only things that can get away with it now are intentionally rare small production items, and "scalped" items that eventually come down in price at some point anyway.
>>
>>5335389
Oh, so I guess fwooshfags were the guest hosts on SNL.
>>
>>5335762
Yeah in the future most value able stuff will be Japanese toys some Lego and other limited as hell stuff. But the limited stuff has to be good too. A shitty limited edition is just a fat gold plated turd
>>
>>5335592
That was the exact line that made me lose my shit. The amount of accuracy was astounding and it sounded JUST like the couple people I know who do exactly what they showed
>>
>>5335389
>the Black Series Han and Greedo in the display case
You know those were the only ones that guy could find.
>>
>>5335869
50% good taste though, considering Greedo is the only truly well done and nearly flawless BS to date.
>>
File: 1261949233099.jpg (62 KB, 350x524) Image search: [Google]
1261949233099.jpg
62 KB, 350x524
Just saw this sketch and came here to see how you guys reacted (not my board, /tv/ here). Amazing. It's one of the best, if not the best SNL bit I've seen. Not a fan of SNL, but I'm a massive Star Wars fan and comics reader/collector (bagged and boarded motherfuckers). Also British so the best comedy to me is cruel comedy. Spot fucking on.

>that forever alone gag

It's like I'm really on 4chan!
>>
>You collect.. toys?
>>
>>5335606
>hell of tight
>>
I'm apparently not allowed to watch anything on the SNL youtube channel

>The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
>>
>>5335793
>Yeah in the future most value able stuff will be Japanese toys

well of course!! I'm sure all those figuarts/figma figures of pre pubescent girls that /toy/ covets will be worth billions of dollars!! you are all going to be some rich mother fuckers now aren't you?!?
>>
>>5336044
figmas/nendoroids are probably one of the only ones that wont be particularly valuable. but they are still more valuable/desirable than any of the off the shelf star wars or transformers. due to the build quality and relatively short production runs. i don't collect figma or SH Figuarts. I collect Macross, Chogokin and SHMA. But look at the prices for most anything i just mentioned and even some figmas and the proof is in the pudding. The values of those are going up. You can talk shit about prepubescent girls all you want but it doesn't change demand one little bit
>>
>>5336023
>>The uploader has not made this video available in your country.
Me too.
>>
>>5336067
Go to a better country with all the other war zone immigrants.
>>
>>5336072
Yeah, I was planning to move to Germany disguised as Syrian. Money, pussies and house for free.
>>
Did some of you actually find this funny? It's the same recycled joke from over thirty years ago. I don't care about being the butt of a joke, but that was just lazy
>>
>>5336023
>>5336067

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/84860675/
>>
>>5336125
thanks for the link.
>>
That guy dusting his figures and setting them up meticulously in the display case--and how excited he was about it--got me.
>>
>>5336096
Yeah, believe it or not, for normal human beings jokes don't really need to be screened through an autism filter that destroys humor if it contrasts with an arbitrary rule or standard.
>>
SNL never makes me laugh, they overplay their jokes too much. But it made me smile, especially >>5336153
>>
>>5335389

Typical SNL shit.Mock and ridicule those who do harmless things because they're different than you.

It's like they never left High School.
>>
>>5336384
Its all about that pussy brah,you get any pussy bro? Fuckin smash some puss broski.
>>
File: trash pile collection.jpg (134 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
trash pile collection.jpg
134 KB, 500x500
>>5335793
>Yeah in the future most value able stuff will be Japanese toys some Lego and other limited as hell stuff. But the limited stuff has to be good too. A shitty limited edition is just a fat gold plated turd
But why would they be valuable if most Japanese toys are flavors of the month that are quickly forgotten about and most of the Japanese toy collectors are disgusting hoarders who keep all the packaging?

The only things of value are time tested popular series whose packaging gets trashed and figures completely ruined.
So it's way more likely some random Star Wars figure from 2008 that had 500k units made that was bought mostly by little kids will go up in value than a figure from shitty anime series in retrospect #5325 whose fans grew out of their weeaboo phase.

Of course, speculation for collectibles is completely stupid and random as fuck. Unwanted and unpopular figures demand high prices too out of fucking nowhere.

You what I haven't seen in a long time? Asspie stacks like this. They used to be way popular. Were the stackers shamed away from posting them or did people learn that collecting piles of cardboard was gross?
>>
>>5335389
>not available in your country
I'm too much of an entitled fuck to turn on my proxy. no thanks.
>>
The only things I ever leave in package are Hot Wheels cars. And I buy those very rarely. Like a favorite movie vehicle
>>
That was pretty funny. I hate modern SNL, but that was pretty good. Ain't even mad, yo.
>>
>>5336402
>Not displaying your figures with the box they came in
Truly disgusting, it's like you don't even want a good backdrop
>>
The funny thing is, you're all upset at a light hearted skit poking fun at collectors but we don't even bat an eye at how horrible we are to each other. I can barely even come here any more due to the massive amounts of trolling and people just arguing of petty nonsense that doesn't matter at all. The vile filth that gets thrown back and forth here and on other toy forums is just disgusting. I wish everyone would get this offended at the amount of assholes in the hobby.
>>
>>5336488
I forgot to mention the entitlement, ridiculous expectations of companies, and general "you don't like what I like" nonsense that plagues this cesspool
>>
File: heap.jpg (100 KB, 445x435) Image search: [Google]
heap.jpg
100 KB, 445x435
>>5336465
>using trash instead of an actual backdrop for a backdrop
i guess it works if you have a Muckman or the Heap figure on display
>>
File: Mighty Max Gallery.jpg (2 MB, 2414x1831) Image search: [Google]
Mighty Max Gallery.jpg
2 MB, 2414x1831
his comment is so bad it gave me cancer. rather than just call you out on the same arguments i'll give an example.

Wanna know why most modern western toy lines are doomed to obscurity and shit value? i used to have one of the BIGGEST Mighty Max collections at least in the US (at least 3rd for sure) This was 100% complete on and off card, color variations rare packaging the works. After a while I sold it bit by bit over the years to pay for college and bills and waning interest. And i noticed something about the buying and selling habits of western collector markets.

Most of them shrink and are very niche. You are right to a certain extent about how a one off toy may become super rare due to lack of demand or an oddity. but this can happen to anything. what happens 99% of the time is any regular merchandise is bought up by smaller and smaller circles of collectors. and because nobody took them out of the box the market gets flooded with duplicates that gradually increase in price as the market for them shrinks due to age and obscurity (in this case older star wars toys/transformers that arent the originals (does anyone give a shit about unicron trilogy toys not from japan, or anything from the 90s POTF2 line?) will suffer this.

Meanwhile Japanese companies makes small numbers of better quality items aimed at collectors that don't blow fucking dogs for quarters. look at Yamatos Ingrams or Macross stuff. or Busou Shinki a line which is made of "flavor of the month pedo bait" whose entire line is now at 6x normal value. Hell, just open up the metal build thread on this very board to see how one fucking exclusive now goes for 2 grand. however this forced rarity and high price also makes it hard for newcomers to get into the hobbies and causes elitism. and yeah a lot fall ot "flavor of the month syndrome for sure"

TL;DR
Neither is superior.

Western toys are overbought and over speculated

Japanese toys are Overpriced and underproduced.

BOTH SUCK
>>
>>5336488
>poking fun at collectors

It's not "Poking fun". It's outright INSULTING us. There's nothing lighthearted about the mockery and derision that skit was literally DRIPPING with.

It's outright saying that because adults collect figures, that makes us INFERIOR to regular people. That it's okay to shit on others who don't adhere to your narrow-mind standard of "normal". That we deserve to die alone and unloved. Who the fuck are THEY to pass such judgement upon US?

Of course if they want hate, give me an aluminum bat and five minutes alone with the writers. The Force may awaken, but THEY sure as Hell won't. Ever.
>>
>>5336513

forgot to tag >>5336402
>>
>>5336496
>ridiculous expectations of companies

The only thing I "expect" companies like Hasbro to do is follow the standards they themselves had five years ago. I do not feel that not wanting clip on wheels is "rediculous"
>>
>>5336518
You're taking this way too seriously. You need to learn what "funny" is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjIuPSuYSOY
>>
File: 1303090782369.jpg (11 KB, 258x314) Image search: [Google]
1303090782369.jpg
11 KB, 258x314
>>5336518
>The Force may awaken, but THEY sure as Hell won't. Ever.
>>
File: CAME_HERE_FOR_A_GIGGLE.png (116 KB, 816x587) Image search: [Google]
CAME_HERE_FOR_A_GIGGLE.png
116 KB, 816x587
>>5336402
>subjectanon
>calling anyone else out on being an aspie
>>
>>5335873
Absolutely guarantee there was no taste involved. Every store around me still has 8+ Greedos, Hans, and Leias.
>>
>>5336488
I didn't see anyone upset until this post and its replies, m8. Everyone else laughed it off.
>>
>>5335389
That was actually pretty good. I wasn't expecting that.
>>
If you guys can't laugh at yourself, then maybe you need to reevaluate things.
>>
>>5336518
nice b8 m8
>>
>>5336756
>No time to read the thread, I'll just pass judgement on what I assume everyone has said.
>>
>>5336742
see the following posts for butthurt:

>>5335389 (I think REEE is a sign of rage/anger for people who can't express themselves normally)
>>5335536
>>5335792
>>5336006
>>5336096
>>5336384

There was another thread that was 100% butthurt but it has since been deleted.
>>
>>5335506
Oh yeah, I agree. Fuck them.
I hate getting lumped in with them so much.
>>
>>5336816
People are normally even more confused when I say I don't keep them MIB.

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE VALUE ANON
>>
>>5336044
They'll be valuable to the people that want them. While we don't always get production run numbers for general releases, I'm willing to bet that most figma are probably in the 100k and under club. Eventually, 99.9k will belong to people that want them, and there will be very few left for the people that don't have them, but DO want them. We already see this happen, even with initially poor sales. Who remembers Pit/Dark Pit going from shelfwarmers to 100 bucks a pop almost overnight? As time goes on, they'll slowly go up, and that's for a figure that's only two and a half years old.

That said, Western toys produced by Hasbro and Mattel have such overinflated numbers that very few will ever be worth much more than retail, but it does happen.
>>
>>5335389
>accurate depiction of Star Wars fans
>making fun
>>
File: front mission 3 artfx.jpg (138 KB, 802x985) Image search: [Google]
front mission 3 artfx.jpg
138 KB, 802x985
>>5336513
>because nobody took them out of the box the market gets flooded with duplicates that gradually increase in price as the market for them shrinks due to age and obscurity
No shit, that's what i said in my post.
>Meanwhile Japanese companies makes small numbers of better quality items aimed at collectors that don't blow fucking dogs for quarters
oh please, have you not seen our BST full of people selling their flavors of the month every month?
You're right that NONE of these lines are superior, but you're dumb if you think any collector is better than any other.

And you're missing the point that weeaboos are keeping their packaging enough to fill entire sides of their rooms. So they're no different than any collector, BUT unlike many western toys, the way it's packaged, you aren't destroying the cardboard and bubbles when taking the figure out. So some randomass Transformer is more likely to be worth more money mint in box, because 99.11119% of the kids and manchildren ripped the fuck out of the packaging to get the figure out.
But again, speculation is retarded, because there's no way of knowing which toy will ever go up in price to be worth keeping it around. If anyone knew, they'd be some richass reseller and not poorfag vendors at conventions or ebay selling shit just to make the rent for their shitty apartment.

The ONLY thing we do know is that a series has to be mainstay to retain resell value. And you also can't tell the future for that neither. So random flavor of the months are unlikely to ever go up in price aside from the initial flavor of the month selling out and until it's no longer flavor of the month

pic of fuckawesome toys that go for next to nothing.
These figures are before Japanese toy makers took a hint that articulation is good, so they're ahead of the curve. If you like mecha, you have to buy these because they're fucking dirt cheap. I own the rarer camo colored ones, but they're not worth shit either. Fun as fuck toys though.
>>
>>5335592
>I bought three
It's a Lucky Star reference.
>>
MISB collectors are subhuman anyways desu
>>
>>5335536
I wish it still was, at least then we wouldn't have people from outside it try to change it into something that fits their worldview.
>>
File: pepeeyeroll.png (70 KB, 243x192) Image search: [Google]
pepeeyeroll.png
70 KB, 243x192
I worked at a day care for 2 years and the only men who would actually play role playing games with their kids had adult toy collections in one form or another (model trains, cars, action figures, comics, etc).

It's only normies who have lost all attachment to their childhood due to their degenerate lives that don't understand the connection.
>>
>>5336044

Meanwhile SHF Dragonball figures appreciate faster than gold or heroin.
>>
File: 1446075529853.jpg (14 KB, 225x144) Image search: [Google]
1446075529853.jpg
14 KB, 225x144
>>5335395
>>
>>5336496
>ridiculous expectations of companies
Most of us just ask this: >>5336524
>>
>>5335389
I need that Ewoks T-shirt.
>>
>>5335513
do the same brudda.
>>
>>5336589

I know what funny is.,

That wasnt funny. That was a clearly intended insult.

Taking it too seriously? You aren't taking it seriously ENOUGH

>>5336712

Yeah. You read me right. They want to laugh at me? They wouldn't laugh for long if they were doing it to my face.

>>5336779

Wasn't bait. I meant every bit
>>
File: daily_life_darth_vader.jpg (80 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
daily_life_darth_vader.jpg
80 KB, 950x534
>>5335407
>Mfw my wife set up a date for me and her to go see the movie this weekend and she watched E4 and E5 with me this weekend, at her request.
>She normally "hates star wars but had to do research so she wouldnt have to ask questions"
>MFW I have a wife and child
>>
>>5335407
>that music cue
>>
>>5337173
she's interested in the black lead character enough to watch SW, which she'd have never done before.

so hasbro is making fun of their own consumers, and calling their toyetic paint lacking spring action gimmick stuff source accurate? just after the black series bombed this hard? while bandai is shitting figuarts out of their asses? oh wait you can't buy those in murrika. hasbro made sure of that.
>>
I think the only people that this skit offends are exactly the type of people it portrays. Fat, pathetic forever alone losers that treat their toy collecting as a "life style".

Would have been perfect if one of the guys mothers showed up and he was like "NOT NOW MOM IM BUSY".
>>
File: sad cat.jpg (91 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
sad cat.jpg
91 KB, 560x415
>>5335389
Life is a fucking joke

When you are a kid you have no money to buy toys
When you have money you are too big to play with toys
>>
>>5337259
You're never too big to play with toys anon.
Never grow up completely.
>>
File: 1298081596229.jpg (27 KB, 314x290) Image search: [Google]
1298081596229.jpg
27 KB, 314x290
>>5337249
>she's interested in the black lead character enough to watch SW, which she'd have never done before.
>>
>>5337249

While you're spot on with the paint lacking, I don't recall any spring loaded gimmicks
>>
>>5335389
>MIB crowd
I'm not triggered, they deserve it. Especially keeping Star Wars figures MIB, they never go up in value anymore.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.