[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are there so few brown girl action figures/toys? Or even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12
File: FIGURE-003403.jpg (83 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-003403.jpg
83 KB, 600x600
Why are there so few brown girl action figures/toys? Or even "tanned" ones? Does Japan hate them?
>>
>>5329492
Asians tend to be yellow to pale, and the browner ones tend to be southeast ones, and nobody likes those.
>>
File: michelle_rodriguez,0.jpg (25 KB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
michelle_rodriguez,0.jpg
25 KB, 400x229
You knoe who needs a figma?
>>
>>5329547
Gross.
>>
>>5329547
Vasquez from Aliens looks better than her.
>>
>>5329577
Ironic since Jenette Goldstein was just a Jew with makeup.
>>
>>5329492
>Does Japan hate them?
Yes. Japan is actually a pretty racist country since they're so isolationist.
>>
>>5329632
>racist
You realise that's just a term made up to imply that caring about your own race is bad, right?
You should probably stop using that term.
>>
File: shigeru matsuzaki.jpg (52 KB, 385x211) Image search: [Google]
shigeru matsuzaki.jpg
52 KB, 385x211
>>5329492
No, since there is even a pretty common fetishism for tanned women. The statue figures especially gets a tanned version recolors time to time.

>>5329500
East Asians, Mongoloids, whatevers, can get pretty dark skinned when tanned, because we have a decent amount of melanin in the skin.

Tanned skin have certain beauty status, and some men and women maintain a nice tanned look (sometimes taking it too far..) with their regular visits to tanning booth.

This singer gets made fun of pretty often to the point he scores a coffee commercial.

The lack of it in Japanese action figures is more to do with there not being that many profitable characters with darker skin. Character trait associated with that design choice are usually big muscular men, swimsuit girls or something summer themed, Ganguro/Kogal schoolgirls, or something like dark elf for fantasy. Those tend to be secondary characters, and not main characters that tends to get action figures. I think that's the main reason.
>>
>>5329647
>>5329492

Oh I missed the point about different races. Anime that takes place in Japan at some point in time have a heavily Japanese cast of characters, and ones taking place in mystical madeup land both past and future, don't tend to get specific about their features so they could be associated with a particular race.The style of anime does put limits to how much features you can give to a person.

Japan as a country is not multicultural, so there is no diversity representation in the common anime or games that get's action figures made of. Media that do have a character of a particular origin will likely be pretty stereotypical, just because that was a design choice that can easily identify that character's personality, etc. In Japan this may not seem offensive because, well there aren't that many people of that ethnicity around to cry out that it's offensive.

Anyways, it's not a love/hate thing, it's just uncommon because it's actually uncommon in Japan so many fictions don't bother diversifying their characters, unless the point of the story is to have a multinational cast (pretty common for SCi-Fi stories). Lack of figures is just because only main, popular characters gets action figures. You are taking a small sample group from a large one that already has a small group of dark skinned characters, so the end result is you only see a few of them in action figure form.
>>
>>5329647
Oh, it's a Lotte ad...so chocolate, my mistake, same idea though.
>>
>>5329632
I don't understand. Japan is light blue. There are several other countries that are of a higher percentage. You should have chosen a chart that would help make your point.
>>
>>5329577
Neca should have done her instead of Xenomorph #654

>>5329647
Makes sense desu
>>
>>5329706
Light blue is 10-15 percent. It's way more racist than most other first world countries according to that chart.
>>
>>5329706
American here, non-Japanese friends and classmates of mine who have visited Japan have basically said the Japanese don't mind foreigners as tourists (lord knows their economy could use the money spent by them in Japan), but foreigners staying longer than a few months are generally not liked by the more conservative members of Japanese society (basically adults and senior citizens) and consider anyone lacking both pure Jap-heritage and being born and raised in Japan inferior to 'true' Japanese people.
>>
>>5329547
What this guy said: >>5329574. Yeah I don't think so.
>>
>>5329639
I can't tell if you're trolling or actually believe that.
It is bad to have unfair preferences just because someone is the same race. You're giving in to some base, animalistic instinct "looks like me so must be gud!!"

basically you're trying to say "I don't hate other races....I just like mine more than others!"
If you don't see the problem with that then....i dunno...good luck with life bruv, you'll need it.

>>5329723
I don't agree with everything you said, but yeah. I had a Korean friend who was born in Japan, he still needed to get a "Foreigner Registration Card" don't know how many generations you have to stay in order to become "Japanese"

also Indians
most racist
lol
what's that other red country? Yemen? Israel?
>>
>>5329492
>Does Japan hate them?
Yes
The typical Asian prefers other Asian and to a lesser extent, white. They really do not like browns or blacks.
>>
>>5329632
>>5329713
To put that number in perspective for the case of Japan, many criminal elements in Japan tends to be Chinese or Korean in origin. So when asked that question I think that perception plays a bigger part. It's not "all foreigners" but folks from the neighboring countries who happens to be the lowest scum trying to make money in Japan through illegal means pops in their head.

>>5329743
I think the typical Asians hates other Asians more due to history with them.

As for anyone else it's more of xenophobia/fear of the unknown than racism. It's new and full of mysteries.
>>
>>5329713
You mean more racist than what first world nations pretend to be.

If it there were actual numbers, the US would be pretty high on that list. Even the people that pretend not to be are, like the SJW, for example.
>>
>>5329712
>>5329547
never a NECA Vazquez never a female badass soldier Michellle Rodriguez character
>>
>>5329741
Enjoy your sharia.
>>
>>5329859
>Even the people that pretend not to be are, like the SJW, for example.

big surprise when the SJW movement is patterned so closely off the Nazi party.
>>
File: tan-sonico.jpg (48 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
tan-sonico.jpg
48 KB, 533x800
>>5329492
there are probably around 5 good tann/brown figures and i doub you have them, this sonico, casca, one from queens blade,tann versions and generic brow elfs

if you arent gonna buy those then dont come here asking for more, you sound like those feminism ruining games they dont even play
>>
File: maxfactory_telos3.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
maxfactory_telos3.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>5330044
Don't forget T-elos.
>>
If you don't mind it being Japanese, here's a list of some darker skin characters in Anime.

http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2140110316554263601?&page=1

Besides Scar, Yoruichi, and Nadia, there aren't that many potential action figures here...

Now I really want a Nadia figma...

This list also reminds me of another trope for a darker skin character , which is the sexy lady character.
>>
Sailor Pluto should be somewhat dark, since Naoko confirmed she's Romani.

>like you can tell when she looks identical to the "Japanese" characters in the series
>>
>>5330100
>Yoruichi Figma

Its a goddamn shame Bleach wasted all of its licensing potential and gave it to all the wrong companies. Giving us shitty statues and shitty games. Well the DS games were good but that's about it.
>>
File: Le gentile exploiter.png (29 KB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
Le gentile exploiter.png
29 KB, 219x186
>>5329741
>what's that other red country? Yemen? Israel?
Even if you're too lazy to look at a map, can your mind really not look at those two choices and figure out the correct answer?
>>
>>5330367
go back to your containment board.

>Trump supports Israel
>>
>>5329492
Because they usually have few brown skinned characters in their media.
>>
>>5329492
>Does Japan hate them?
yes. Tan skin in japan means you're a filthy peasant that works in the fields all day. They see tanned asians the same way americans see mexicans.
>>
>>5330044
>if you arent gonna buy those then dont come here asking for more
>>5330071
what if I've already bought all of those?
I also have Fran preordered.
>>
File: 1425543499621.jpg (94 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1425543499621.jpg
94 KB, 600x800
>>5329741
>You're giving in to some base, animalistic instinct "looks like me so must be gud!!"
So what? I prefer being around others of my own race, and I'm far from the only one.
>>
>>5330394
>other people with my skin pigmentation are like brothers

enjoy your retard mentality.

I'm white, literally don't give a shit about being loyal to others with my skin color. They're not friends or family, they're strangers. I didn't sign some racial loyalty agreement, either, pissant.
>>
>>5330429
I never said anything like that, or anything about being loyal to x.

Can your mind not comprehend people of same race enjoy being together? Or to prefer to be around their own race?
Please pay attention this time that it has nothing to do with loyalty or brotherhood.
>>
>>5330394

I want that wiener witch.
>>
You knoe who needs a wide release?
>>
>>5330071

That's going for rape eBay prices now?
>>
>>5330473
I dunno, I think a lot of white people are pretty shit. But that's people of all colors
>>
>>5330501
hah what a joke anon, Goodsmile knew it would absolutely sell as an exclusive and made a smart move.
but fuvck its beautiful. This, and T-elos are our only darker girls, the rest are just kinda tan. Tis a shame.
>>
>>5330382
keep lurking and wait for more
its not like people arent waiting for they favorite characters or other to be made
>tfw im never going to have an articulated tenchu figures or a new game
>>
>>5329689
Llama here.
I honestly can't comprehend why minorities get so fucking pissy in the first world, and I hate that it's starting to seep over here. If the author doesn't need to or feel like putting other ethnic groups into a work, who the fuck are they to pressure him to do so?
>>
>>5330473
Leave him alone. He is just a cucK.
>>
>>5329492

>>Everyone in the thread things this is about race
>>OP is probably talking about "delicious brown girls" that anime is known for, usually in the form of elves

I dunno, op
>>
>>5330665
>anime is known for brown girls
What?
>>
>>5329492
>Does Japan hate them?
Not as much as the Americans, apparently.
>>
>>5330100
>Nadia figma

Goddamn, I'd buy one in a heartbeat and I didn't even like Nadia that much (the character, the series I loved).
>>
>>5329492
Is Casca any good? I feel like I need a generic warrior monster for when I get Yugi, also she's hot. Haven't read much berserk yet
>>
>>5332765
You should start with the anime, then the manga.
>>
>>5332949
Don't listen to this faggot, don't even bother with the anime go for the manga. If you really want to watch it in animated form then try the movies. The movies also suck but they're at least better than the anime.
>>
>>5331998

>>newfriend
>>
>>5330508
its really cheap at amazon, its an amazing figure i got her when she came out
>>
>>5329639
That's not what racism. Man, /pol/ is so retarded
>>
>>5335725

Disagree, the anime is good to get you into the manga. That's basically its purpose.
>>
>>5329492
Did not know who this character was but she reminded me of one of my favorite characters from the video game Dragon's Dogma, Mercedes. Then I was browsing Amazon and this very figure popped up in my recommended items (which is especially weird since I don't really buy anime figures other than the occasional Gunpla) and the name made me remember that Mercedes was actually based on her, so that made sense. Now I really want a Mercedes figure... Might just have to buy that Casca.
>>
You knoe who needs a figma?
>>
>>5335917
Nah anon, the guy clearly mentioned the manga, don't recommend a garbage adaptation instead.
>>
>>5336185
if only figma could give a fuck about what buyers want
>>
figma kanu unchou
>>
The new FAG Materia put out a special brown skin version that sold out immediately.
>>
File: Guts_and_Griffith.jpg (88 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
Guts_and_Griffith.jpg
88 KB, 960x539
>>5335986
>Dragon's Dogma
then also get the figma Griffith or Guts, their sets of armor were present in Dragon's Dogma
>>
>>5339072
>Not just painting the regular version
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.