[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SH Figuarts Stormtrooper
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
What THE FUCK went wrong?

why abandon the good prototype sculpt for one that looks like its from Star Wars Rebels?
>>
>>5323836
stupid decision they realized was stupid after vader and this. The luke after it was pretty okay but it was a start, and now essentially everything since has been top notch.
>>
File: Vdr.png (688 KB, 1215x713) Image search: [Google]
Vdr.png
688 KB, 1215x713
I wouldn't mind getting the Rebels Vader look.
>>
>>5323844
That would be pretty cool. Not gonna happen though.
>>
>>5323838
>why abandon the good prototype sculpt
But it wasn't good.

The neck was too long and to fix that, they elongated the helmet.

Welcome to toy production on a tight schedule.
>>
To trigger the twats like you that will bitch about it.
>>
File: 9PKCJVS.jpg (250 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
9PKCJVS.jpg
250 KB, 1280x1920
>>5324599
>The neck was too long and to fix that, they elongated the helmet.

No. The entire figure was resculpted.
>>
>>5323844
amiibo for you
>>
>>5324639
>resculpting the entire thing six months before its release
lol
So how many homeless kids do they sacrifice to the Plastic God to quicken production time that fast?
>>
They've basically buried this figure, anyway. No reissue yet, and only an exclusive reuse of the mold. They're just waiting a decent amount of time before a renewal to save a little face.
>>
File: PEUUgMi.jpg (315 KB, 1280x1920) Image search: [Google]
PEUUgMi.jpg
315 KB, 1280x1920
>>5324647
I have the figure and I've compared it to images of the first prototype and the sculpts are obviously different.

If you don't have the figure, there are tons of images online you can use.

Vader was also reworked.
>>
>>5324723
so what was changed?

And please don't say anything about the proportions, because it's very hard to tell from those angles. I actually question if they changed the shape of the helmet.
>>
>>5324804
I don't think they did. They let inaccurate/bad shit fly all the time and I don't see why this would be any different.
>>
File: PAK Iron Man.jpg (71 KB, 508x800) Image search: [Google]
PAK Iron Man.jpg
71 KB, 508x800
>>5324851
> They let inaccurate/bad shit fly all the time and I don't see why this would be any different.
=O

How dare you imply they release anything but perfect toys!
Even when they release such perfection, it's because they mean for it to have such perfect proportions!
>>
>>5323836
>subjectautism bait thread

Sage and move along folks, nothing worthwhile to see here.
>>
>>5324804
>what was changed
everything (maybe not the shoulder armor)

Clear close-ups of final figure here:
http://shishioh.info/SHF_STORM_TROOPER.php

Compare to image here:
>>5324639

If you can't see the differences you are either blind or a troll.
>>
>>5324970
I'm just lazy and want to be told the differences, considering the images for the prototype are so poor.
Only difference i can tell at a glance are the helmet and the forearms missing the little ridges.

If everything else is so obviously bad, it should be easy for you to point out.
>>
>>5324723
I really wish they'd stuck with these. That Vader is damn near perfect.
>>
>>5324639
No toe joints usually = the same design team who handle the Kinnikuman figures, right?

Wonder why they decided to go with a different design?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.