[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever stolen something before? Or have you ever done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: 1443201333477.jpg (160 KB, 800x761) Image search: [Google]
1443201333477.jpg
160 KB, 800x761
Have you ever stolen something before? Or have you ever done something evil like buy a figure, take a piece and return it?
>>
>>5318984
no because I have a moral code and I actually like the toy community and collectors. I actually think about the other individual who might buy a toy I return. Also I'm not like retards who think they are being "smart" by scalping or trying low ball any BST poster and make the community toxic but trying to save or earn 5 dollars more.
>>
No, moral game strong.
Once when I was a kid though I tried to put some micro machines on the conveyor belt at the checkout counter when my parents were paying for groceries hoping that the toys would get payed for without my parents noticing, Did not happen since I was a dumb kid and it didn't fucking work.
>>
>>5318995
Self righteous twat.
>>
>>5318984
When i was like 7 i stole a friend's toy truck. I stealthily put it under my shirt and came home.
A few hours later my friend came to my house and asked for the truck, he saw me swiping it.

Never again
>>
when i was a teenager i used to steal often.. i think the best thing i did while i was in that phase was when i went into k b toys and stole a 25 inch chewbacca figure and gave it to some kid
>>
File: file.jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
19 KB, 300x300
When I was a little kid I stole a bunch of Star Wars figures from our local supermarket. There was literally no security. I just opened the package and put the figures in my pocket.
>>
I stole literally every beast wars figure ever sold in America that was deluxe size or larger. Every one.

6 years later I gave them all to charity. I regretted it for awhile but now not so much.

I consider myself personally responsible for the way hasbro overdoes their packaging with rubber bands and twist ties.

I'm sorry
>>
I also stole enough pokemon cards to make complete basic, jungle, and fossil sets. Both jungle and fossil were complete 1st editions.

I sold those for a nice chunk of change
>>
Well, I used to snatch my grandma's pension to buy toys. Good thing she was suffering from alzheimers so she tends to forget where she hides her cash. It's just shitty that my grandma died last month. Now I have to rely on my mom's savings.
>>
>>5318984
When I was about 8 or 9, me and my cousin used to collect Teck Deck Dudes. You know, the thumb guys on the skateboards? Well one summer day at the beach we were showing off our Teck Deck Dudes and he had this particular one I wanted and I was soooo jealous. It was a the ninja but he had a white costume. We went to the beach, by the water, and we brought our teck deck dudes to play with a shit. So when my cousin wasn't looking I buried his ninja dude in the sand and he could never find it.
I sometimes look back on this and remember how much of a little shit I used to be.
>>
>>5319856
Are you that cunt that stole $300 to buy CW Menasor then bitch that you didn't buy the UW version? Why haven't you killed yourself yet?
>>
Nice try fbi
>>
When I was about 6 or 7, I lived down the street from a kid who was a year younger. He had tons of toys and was kind of spoiled and bratty. That's how I justified to myself stealing a M.U.S.C.L.E. from him that I didn't have.

I still feel kinda bad about it.
>>
>>5318984
I stole from a fellow fan who had a lot of expensive TF Toys I wanted. He thought a nigger did it.

No regrets.
>>
File: Leo.jpg (37 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Leo.jpg
37 KB, 300x400
Never from a store, but I stole this figure from a friend of mine when we were kids.
>>
>>5319861
Yep. That was me. I did flip CW Menasor and UW Menasor and Nightbird are now on its way. No need to suicide, man. I'm just glad that I ordered them before my grandma passed away.
>>
File: 56464564545.png (910 KB, 1014x1390) Image search: [Google]
56464564545.png
910 KB, 1014x1390
Me and my cousins would buy GI Joe vehicles open the box and stuff the box with as much figures as we can and take it to the checkout no one suspected a thing.

So technically we were buying something
>>
>>5319921
You know what's fuckin' weird? My best friend thinks I stole that exact turtle from him because his grandmother said I did. I had my own, didn't need to steal his. I still display it on my shelf.
>>
I atole shit from my cousin when he was younger and i stole a hot wheels car that was out of its package at Walmart lile 3 years ago.
>>
>>5319921
>stealing a TiT figure

terrible taste mate, were you going to steal shit from a bathroom next.
>>
>>5318984
No, and no. The most morally dubious thing I used to do was that I would order a few extra items to get free shipping at TRU, with the intent that I'll just return it within the 90 or so days as I'm bound to go to TRU within that time frame. It's just me being miserly, but since it's now just $19 to ship for free it's pointless. Almost everything I'm interested in is $20+.

>>5320182
It's from the 1990 Disguised Turtles line, not TiT.
>>
After working retail, I despise all shoplifters so fucking much, cunts will steal literally anything(I really need this air freshener but I don't want to pay for it). WIll never steal another (physical) item in my life.

I never stole much as a kid, definitely never had the guts to from stores. The worst I think was I stole some magic cards from a autist in my class I was sitting next to on a field trip bus as he was in the shitter(it was a fancy ass bus).
>>
>>5318984
I almost did once.
Here is a story:

There are these How to train your dragon tiny toys in our store and i wanted this red one. However it was just lying here in a plastic thing without cardboard holder. I guess somebody was trying to tear this package apart and take him but was caught or something like that.

Anyways - this tiny figure was just sitting here without package, inside of a trasparent plastic thing and it was SO TEMPTING to take it. but it didn't because i thought that cameras might see how i will be doing that.
It will be super embarassing to be caught for stealing a figure/tearing box apart even if it wasnt you at first place.

The saddest part - i was actually wishing to buy this figure. Bu there wasn't any others except that "Opened" one. So i was in a shitty situation - to steal it or not to buy it.
I just walked away. But still i guess if you a person with really fast hands it could be really easy to quickly take that tiny toy out of plastic thing and put it somewhere.
>>
>>5319834
>stole a 25 inch chewbacca figure and gave it to some kid
You are like Robin Hood of wallmart. Stealing from rich fuckers and giving toys to poor kids.
>>
Never from a store, but there used to be this brat who lived next door to me, and got everything he wanted and he was a massive prick. He had literally EVERY transformers Cybertron figure in a moving box in his garage. My friend and I pretended to be his buddy,
and took off with a bunch. I owned the
Optimus Prime figure, but walked out
with a second one. Never got caught.
>>
popped a lego figure out of one of those collectible books since I could tell the plastic shell was cheap, took 2 seconds.
>>
>>5318984
When I lost Chewie's gun my Mom stole a new one for me. But to be fair I'd previously bought a Stormtrooper that had had the gun stolen and been stapled back together.
>>
>>5319695
>anon has morals
>gets called a self righteous twat
You are what is wrong with people.
>>
>have I ever stolen something?
Yes

Only under 5 dollar stuff though. My friend and I make a game of it
>>
>>5322890
Not him, but it was the way he said it I'd say that makes him sound a bit like a twat.
>I have a moral code
> I actually think about the other individual who might buy a toy I return.
Notice how several other people have said they haven't stolen anything without having to resort to that.
>>
>>5319845
underrated post
>>
File: kamen rider for world emperor.png (48 KB, 524x1200) Image search: [Google]
kamen rider for world emperor.png
48 KB, 524x1200
>>5318984
Of course not.
Kamen Rider would be disappointed.
>>
File: plush skeleton.jpg (20 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
plush skeleton.jpg
20 KB, 450x300
I stole a little skeleton pirate from a Lost & Found bin once, after nobody bothered to claim it for over a week. I was in, I think in Junior High at the time, and seeing that dumb little thing reminded me of just how utterly basic my childhood was (paper "action figures", marbles, glue sticks, nails... that's about it) so I just snatched it up, merely for it's novelty value.

It was a fucking McDonald's happy meal toy. I just found out about this myself while googling the pic related. Which is pretty strange, since thinking back, I don't even think we had McDonald's anywhere closer than a 60 minute drive from where I lived (the middle of fucking nowhere in Maine)
>>
>>5323138

I have two of those and a Jack Sparrow, and those are the only POTC things I own. Pretty sure I got them from Goodwill.
>>
>>5318984
Took a legends class Skywarp and put it in my pocket no regrets nigga
>>
>>5319838
It was gangsta gangsta at the top of the list.
>>
>>5320255

Working retail is why I steal, because now I know how easy it is to get away with it. Theft is just a way of life in retail, most people don't give a shit if things go missing here or there, just so long as it isn't a high dollar item.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.