[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody getting the NECA series 6 xenomorph? I've been looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Anybody getting the NECA series 6 xenomorph? I've been looking for a nice big chap/xenomorph for the holidays but they either seem to look bad or they don't articulate well. I liked the series 6 though and wanted to hear from the experts about xeno figures.
Also what's on that Christmas list guys?
>>
>>5318137
I don't know about the NECA aliens, but I have the Revoltech Big Chap it's pretty nice. only flaws are the limited head and thigh articulation, so crouch poses aren't really an option, but the Alien Warrior looks like it fixed the head articulation (not sure about the thighs). I'm also getting the Revo Alien Queen because it looks pretty damn nice
>>
>>5318137

When is it released?
>>
>>5321466

The series 6 Xeno?

Series 6 as a whole has a shipping date of the 11th of this month so.....they'll probably be in stores a week or two after that.

They might go up on NECA's eBay page any day now, though, as they sometimes start selling figures on their eBay store as early as a week before the shipping date.
>>
>>5321304
Yeah I saw the revoltech and it ended up being between that one and this one. I want to try this one because of the size and I liked the paint a little better. However, I keep seeing things about NECA's qc, how their plastic is bad, and durability issues so I'm a little worried.

This is gonna end up being a desk ornament so I don't think the durability will be that big of a deal.
>>
>>5321890

Durability isn't bad so long as you're carefull. I'd so go ahead and get it since it's relatively cheap and judge for yourself as this board tends to melt down anytime neca is brought up regarding xenos.
>>
>>5321890
I own a NECA Alien Warrior. It has its pros and cons.

The good:
>Nice size
>Decent sculpting
>Accurate
>Mostly OK articulation
>Cheap

The bad:
>Meh at best paint.
>Horrible gummy plastic used for everything, including joints.
>Only 1 joint for the whole torso.
>No joint at the base of the neck.
>If you want him to look up you have to pull off the "headrest" which is kinda dumb considering they could have just put it on a joint.
>Joints may be stuck on opening. The ankles are especially bad for this. It can be fixed by submerging the stuck joint in boiling water, but be careful as thanks to NECA's shitty integrated joints the whole area will become pliable.
>Does not come with a stand, and cannot stand on its own to save its life. Also too big for Tamashii stages.

I'd just buy the Revoltech to be honest.
>>
>>5321987

All of the Revo aliens look like crap.
>>
File: GAME OVER MAAN, GAME OVER!.png (3 MB, 1253x918) Image search: [Google]
GAME OVER MAAN, GAME OVER!.png
3 MB, 1253x918
>>5318137
If the Isolation Xeno is anything like th Dog Alien than it will be great. Dog Alien is my favorite neca xeno, by far.
>>
>>5321987

The revo is a fiddly hard to pose mess. Plus it's absolutely tiny, I actually prefer the neca to it and I have both.
>>
>>5321994
Wow nice argument faggot you really convinced me with those hot opinions.
>>
File: 1300x-Alien6.jpg (271 KB, 861x1300) Image search: [Google]
1300x-Alien6.jpg
271 KB, 861x1300
Now why would they put all this effort into a quarter scale alien just to have the dome come out almost white! It's so offsetting to me, and I get what they were going for with the area around the jaw but it also just looks too bright to me
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.