[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Card Bending
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 41
File: bending-credit-card.jpg (12 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
bending-credit-card.jpg
12 KB, 200x150
I heard about this in an Amiibo discussion. Basically, you bend the cardback on a high-demand toy like an Amiibo. The idea is, this makes it less desirable to scalpers and collectors who leave toys in box to sell later. Thus making hard-to-find toys easier to find for kids and regular collectors.

What do y'all think? Does anybody here bend cards?
>>
OH BOY HERE WE GO~
>>
>>5317710
I'm all for it. Fuck scalpers and people that speculate for profit on toys.
>>
>>5317710
I'm an autist and save all the packaging so this really bugs me. I need my toy packaging in pristine condition, or at least as perfect as it can be after opening. I only order things online so this won't affect me, but man that's a really scummy thing to do.
>>
So... damage property you don't own, to upset people that manipulate a small market of luxury items?

Good lord, find a better use for your time.
>>
Everyone's right, that's a fucking dick move.
You're harming the people who want to keep that shit too.
>>
File: 1447999850816.jpg (13 KB, 400x426) Image search: [Google]
1447999850816.jpg
13 KB, 400x426
>>5317710
Are you the Avatar?!
>>
>I'm all for it. Fuck scalpers and people that speculate for profit on toys.

From what I see in my location, the problem these days is not really scalpers, but rather direct limiting of supply by the manufacturers.
Then again, almost all western toys shelve warm over here.
>>
On one hand, I like the idea. It means no scalping and the average consumer hardly gives a shit. I know Jin hates it too, so that's another plus.

On the other hand, it probably doesn't do jack shit to stop the practice. That tine fold in the corner could just as easily happen at any point in transit or if someone carelessly drops it into their cart, and I'd wager scalpers just grab whatever stock is on hand, because they know they can sell it anyway. That corner ding isn't really going to stop them.
>>
>>5317710

This has been a meme here forever but I honestly don't understand it. If figures are THAT desirable and THAT scalpable, no one is going to give a fuck about a bend or dent in the card. It's not like everyone paying absurd prices for them wants AFA-sealed pieces.
>>
>>5317718
>but man that's a really scummy thing to do.
So is scalping.
>>
>>5317767
Scalping doesn't involve destruction of shit that doesn't even belong to you.
>>
Scalpers don't give as much of a fuck about package condition as is being made out here. They think about turn around and profit first and foremost. And with the generous return policies that stores have these days it's entirely feasible for them to sit on damaged items, list them on ebay, and see if they'll sell before taking them back.

If anything, you're aiding scalpers by doing this card bending shit.

Why?

Think about the groups within the adult collector market: normals, MIB collectors, and scalpers are all the biggest groups. By creasing corners, you fuck over the MIB market (which is pretty sizable especially amongst those from the original PotF era) and make it harder for them to find an item. Why is that bad? Because then they turn to the scalper. Guess who has a captive audience, now that the normals are going around fucking up the packages for them?

OP is a fine example of people spouting off ideas when they have no capability of seeing bigger pictures at play.
>>
>>5317793
god, MIB collectors are the worst
>>
>>5317780
But scalping does involve the price-gauging of a product to take advantage of people for the sole purpose of a profit.

I don't know, I think scalping is worse, but I don't think I'd bend cards myself. I'd rather not do that in case someone who actually wanted the figure gets it.
>>
>>5317800
Why? They're not hurting anyone.

And if it's the "principle" of not opening a toy that offends you, a good portion of MIB collectors also buy an additional figure for opening. Look at fwooshfaggots. It's those fuckers that keep lines alive half the time. Without MIB collectors, companies like DST and DCD/DCC would lose a huge amount of sales, which would be detrimental due to their already low production runs.
>>
File: sSzqL6u.png (268 KB, 819x568) Image search: [Google]
sSzqL6u.png
268 KB, 819x568
>>5317814
>a good portion of MIB collectors also buy an additional figure for opening.
>>
>>5317710
that's retarded. I hate scalpers as much as the next guy, but there's actual collectors who keep their figs MISB without intentions of reselling them. You kinda ruin it for them if they happen to find those rare figs only to find the card is fucked, lol.

Seems kinda selfish to me, despite your intentions apparently being for the benefit of other collectors who aren't garbage like scalpers.
>>
>>5317821
if I had unlimited funds I'd prolly do the same with all my figures, to be honest.
>>
>>5317732
*to better the experience of people who value these toys for something other than money
>>
>>5317760
>>5317793
>>5317867
Nah, most scalpers who buy in bulk don't touch bent cards because of asspie collectors. So kids and people who actually fuck around with their toys are able to get them instead.

This is because when you're selling a desired figure online, you're likely to get more dosh if the package isn't shitty. You can't really sell a damaged box item on ebay as easily as you could a mint one or a loose one. It hits this middleground that nobody wants.
>>
I've bent cards, on figures I didn't even want. Not because I wanted to "fight the good fight" or some other elitist bullshit, but because I just felt like being mean. I'm as satisfied with a kid being unhappy that the box to the toy was all fucked up as I am that some other nerd got to it and was disappointed that he couldn't try to scalp it.

Also before /toy/ I was a big MISB collector, these faggots made me come to terms with how stupid that is. If it isn't at least 30 years old right now its probably worthless anyway, so rip that thing open and enjoy it.
>>
>>5317710
If a high demand toy is primarily aimed for a child market...then fuck scalpers, snip a corner on each box, let the kids have their stuff. However if it's an adult orientated item...probs best to leave the box alone
>>
>>5317710
I would laugh so hard if you get cought by some employee of the month clerk and they call security on you for damaging their merchandise. They ask you to pay for all the damage , no pay , they call the cops on you , and then the cops call your parents ... Please sent pics when that happen
>>
>>5317919
I used to work at Target and started bending cards after some guy came in and cleared out all the star wars action figures leaving just the 6 titted shelf warmer.
Not only did he clear them out on the day that they were just put out but when he came up to register he didn't want me to touch the figures at all.
I checked the rules on damaged packaging and card bending would in no affect the sellability of the toys. That's when I started card bending for the rest of the time I worked there.
>>
>>5317943
You realize how autistic that sounds, right?
>>
>>5317943
In a world under threat from scalpers, one slightly autistic man will rise to the challenge...he is...card bending man of Target.
>>
>>5317952
>>5317958
Angry you can't resell bent cards?
>>
>>5317961
No, I just think you're autistic for getting so bent out of shape about something as minor as one person giving the place you work at their money.
>>
>>5317710
If I find a toy that's highly sought after still on a shelf and I don't want it, I bend the shit out of the cardboard. I will crush and crinkle the plastic bubble if need be. Especially if I found it hidden in another section of the store. Nothing brings me greater joy.
>>
File: hue.gif (2 MB, 228x128) Image search: [Google]
hue.gif
2 MB, 228x128
>>5317919
>then the cops call your parents
>>
>>5317961
Nah man, i take out of the box, so i support his actions
>>
>>5317753
>From what I see in my location, the problem these days is not really scalpers, but rather direct limiting of supply by the manufacturers.
Stores only receive what they order from the manufacturers.
If there's a shortage, it's because the stores didn't order enough product.

In most cases, there's only really a shortage of two or three characters and that's usually the result of popularity and scalpers. Bend a card and anal collectors who demand perfectly mint packaging and scalpers will swear at card benders and skip over it, thus allowing more people who just want the toy to enjoy it.

I've known employees who purposely seek to bend cards because of collectors/scalpers annoying them for a specific product.
>>
>>5317952
>>5317958
>>5317962
wow, fatty mad he can't resell his precious plastic?

He's probably not even in the same state as you turbo-tard.
>>
>>5317952
idiot, we're talking about stopping scalpers here, not someone buying god damn groceries.
>>
>>5317760
>no one is going to give a fuck about a bend or dent in the card
No one who wants to play with it.

It might bother someone who wants to keep it pristine for all time or someone who's trying to sell it to the former category.
>>
>>5317875

Right... because if a D-Arts Charizard magically appeared on the shelf with a dented box it would automatically be worth shit on Ebay instead of selling for $150 like all the sold loose listings...

Scalpers aren't scalping to people who need pristine cards.
>>
File: zaku sayz.jpg (41 KB, 600x351) Image search: [Google]
zaku sayz.jpg
41 KB, 600x351
Depends on the product, those star wars titanium series space ships while I keep boxed I could give no fucks about the box condition, hotwheels based cars I just want it so the blister is intact but I'm running low on space so I'm busting packets, amiibo's annoy the fuck out of me so I often end up going for a long drive to get a decent one, unless its like the gold mario from amiami which I have 0 issues with considering all the packing shit they use.

In general if I'm buying in person chances are I'll be ripping it open later, and as much as aI hate scalpers I also respect other buyers thus I won't bend the cards.

You hurt the bad guy, you also hurt the good guy, its like the US gun debate, no matter what you do someone is going to get hurt
>>
>>5317943
i did the same when i worked at target. I worked in the electronics department which was facing toys so I always had a good view of the people that shopped there.
i knew all the neckbeards that would come in just to check for a specific toy series line.

i actually have more trouble with the faggot hot wheels collectors. the ones who would always send me to the back of the store to pull out a fresh box of hot wheels for them even though all the pegs on the floor are full.
ill either tell them theres nothing back or look through the boxes for rares, pull them out and replace them with generic shit.
>>
>bending collectibles

How would you like it if I went into your house and bent all your dvd cases and figma boxes?
>>
>>5318077

I wonder what the shopkeepers in my local shops think of me. I regularly see the same clerks and everything and mainly buy the same old shit.
>>
>>5317710
I worked for walmart for over ten years in various positions, I always bent cards and fucked up packaging on toys to piss off scalpers.

This guy wold come in from my local Comic book shop and buy up stuff cheap. When those avengers 6 inch line came out I bent every Loki and Hawkeye I found.

Recently I talked to a guy I used to work with who does the same thing for Star wars figures, there are 6 fucked up Phasmas at my old Walmart right now the scalpers wont touch because the the packaging is bad.
>>
>>5318081
While I don't condone the act personally via bending the packaging *just* enough leaves products up for kids and regular collectors ie ones that don't hoard boxes, preventing neckbeards and scalpers to ruin it for everyone else.

Bending a dvd/blueray case has a chance of breaking the disk, this helps no one, bending a figma/boxed action figure...you'd be better off tapping the corner of the box hard enough to make a noticeable corner, and even then those figures are usually higher end and only those with money are worthy of such things.

It'd take a full blown retard to try to scalp locally bought figma but this is where a card bender may help.

>>5318084
As a super market worker who deals with the same people they may not think much of you until the following.

>you regularly talk to them outside of standard cashier prompts ie greeting price of transaction etc
>You ask floor staff about restocks and request specific things ie "fresh from the back"
>You stand in the same section of a shop debating on product for a long period of time and staff start looking at you for over a minute

If you're friendly or don't do anything autistic you should just be almost invisible, I recognize alot of my customers but the ones that don't walk much just blend in with the shit on shelves, I know they're there but they're harmless.

Its the ones with complicated request who never give me a smile that I dread but they started trying to avoid me, I learnt how to torture them without doing anything that might get me fired like going out the back for 10 mins...and coming out empty handed even though we had product, AND telling them.

>I've been told by the OH&S officer I cannot touch this item because its in the middle of a pallet and attempt attempt to do so will hurt me, try coming back tommorow

Do you do anything you might consider a bother without over thinking it?

Routine never hurts anyone
>>
>>5318091

Oh, I usually just ask when the next shipment of new toy shit is as it's a gamble sometimes. Once I know what's in stock or whenever it's coming out, I'll just buy my shit and fuck off.
>>
>>5318077
>hotwheels collectors

They're literally the worst.
>>
>>5318094
But for a collector they want the box/card/blisters intact, therefore it might as well be out of the sewer to those who want MSIB.

Scalpers try to appeal to all sorts, thus same autism to them too.

>>5318097
A fair question, they won't think much of you unless you ask the same guy in which case he might just acknowledge you're a collector of sorts.

When they start asking questions back consider being honest or being a beta and give them a lie to throw them off, if you're nice enough overall they might be more inclined to bend over backwards, where possible of course.
>>
>>5317710
The only reason I don't like the concept of card bending is because of the main buyers of toys:

Gift-givers. I have seen card bending go well beyond just scalp-bait, high demand characters and go into characters that are clearly just going to sit on shelves(as in some lasted a good month or more before someone bought them). I've also seen card-bending taken to extremes more often than not, and after a certain point it's perceived as a damaged item by the gift-giver, and who wants to give someone something they know is damaged? Not to mention the window-box smashers out there, for those higher-priced items that don't hang off a rack.

Now, that doesn't mean it doesn't work sometimes, if the bend's small and up in a corner or something, it usually sells. It's just that there's no standard for the damage caused, and usually I see it go overboard.
>>
If you actually think bending deters scalpers you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>5317875
"Most"? Show me a pie chart on this one, or stop talking out of your ass just to justify your stupid line of thought. Rarity in the market means the item will sell at above retail costs. If a scalper looks at two of the same item that goes for 500%+ of retail, and one has a pristine card and the other has a crease in the corner, guess what? They're going to buy both, because the creased one will still likely sell just as fast and at nearly the same rate.
>>
>>5317710
What the fuck is card bending
>>
>>5318680
>Basically, you bend the cardback on a high-demand toy like an Amiibo.
>>
File: Daryl-Crying.jpg (17 KB, 406x578) Image search: [Google]
Daryl-Crying.jpg
17 KB, 406x578
If it was going to be scalped, it would have been gone before you came along to vandalize it you dumbfuck autists.
>>
Bump, wasn't there a YouTube video of a scalper in a toy store bending the Transformers boxes so that other scalpers wouldn't buy them?

Can anyone post it?
>>
>>5317710
>Vandalizing property you don't own to fuck with people
>Under the guise of "doing it for the kids!"
Fuck you and fuck off. Even when I was a kid, when I saw a package that was fucked up, I didn't buy it. You know why? Because when a package for something is damaged, it usually means it was tampered with or it's an case of poor quality control. People tend to not buy the damaged boxes of toys for their kids, so all you'd be doing is causing less people to buy the shit they want. And have you ever thought that maybe some people actually like the packaging? I for one keep all of my boxes because it makes for easy transportation should i need to put them in storage, and because they look nice. I like the art renders for amiibo cards, so I keep the card and remove the plastic.

Basically, you're pretty fucking stupid if you think that this is a legitimately good idea. It doesn't help anyone. It only makes things harder. If you actually cared about there being enough for people, then contact fucking Nintendo about it, and express your distress for how they are handling this shit. Stop letting them do retail exclusives. Stop letting them push out small numbers on purpose.
>>
File: NRFB dexter's lab.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
NRFB dexter's lab.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>5318329
>everyone is bringing up their anecdotal experience
>say someone's anecdotal experience requires proof or its bull
>say own anecdotal experience is truth
Meh.

I've personally seen scalpers avoid buying bent cards.
I've personally seen highly wanted figures sitting on the shelves because card or bubble is damaged.
Thank you card benders.
>>
>>5318740
That explains nothing.
>>
>>5317710
Look you piece of fuck,
It is 3:42 AM, I fucked up my schedule, and I'm pissed.
Don't post a picture of an actual card, dumbass. It's confusing.
>>
>>5319641
>3:42am
>I'm pissed

Who's the dumbass now?

Go to sleep anon
>>
>>5317710

Sounds like vandalism.
>>
>>5319073
This thread is bait and OP is a faggot.
>>
>>5317800
There are worse. The worst ones are the OCD case collectors that just hoard sealed cases
>>
>>5318131
I felt so dirty trying to find the Back to the Future car of hot wheels. It introduced me to their horrid ways. Nopenopenope. I am an opener too.
>>
>>5317710
I don't get the amiibo craze, I bought a wii fit trainer and a link to swap for some monster high vinyls and the guy at the register said if he'd known they still had the trainer in stock he would have bought it himself.
>>
>>5319839
they're neat little figures of Nintendo charcaters. And Nintendo doesn't have a ton of good merchandise. There's a couple Nendos, Figmas, Figuarts, but if you want a Wii Fit Trainer toy, it's your only option
>>
File: sad-cat[1].jpg (50 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
sad-cat[1].jpg
50 KB, 500x333
It's just like poisoning alcohol and going to ghettos with bags of it in hope to lure some thugs. Fucking superheros we deserve.
>>
I hate you card bending cunts. I like to buy two of each figure. One to play around with and one to keep in box. You fuckers ruin it for us collectors
>>
>>5318081
>bending DVD cases
It's more akin to ripping a corner of the plastic that keeps the cover insert pristine.
But who cares? It's just packaging.
>>
>>5317962
And I think you're autistic for getting so bent out of shape about something as minor as a child's toy's packaging being damaged with the purpose to deter scalpers.

Look at it like this.

Scalpers hurt all of us.

Card benders only hurt scalpers and mib collectors, and those autists usually order online anyway. And decreasing the pool of saleable products from scalpers helps them out too since the product will be more readily available by making it less rare and appealing to scalp.
>>
>>5320552

Desirable toys are desirable toys... if a case of Black Series Phasmas or rare Amiibo (back in the day) showed up on the shelf with dents in the boxes it's not like a scalper would go "gee, I'll never sell these" and pass on them.
>>
>>5320593
>Desirable toys are desirable toys... if a case of Black Series Phasmas or rare Amiibo (back in the day) showed up on the shelf with dents in the boxes it's not like a scalper would go "gee, I'll never sell these" and pass on them.
Except there are many cases of scalpers only choosing the ones in good packaging.
Going through ebay right now, you'll see that none of them feature damaged packaging.
In the past 3 months only 6 have been sold with damaged packing and most of them are sold for only a few bucks more than retail, showing it's not worth scalping on ebay because they made 2 bucks with the free shipping.
So out of the thousands and thousands of Phasmas sold, resellers only bothered to grab 6 that were damaged in someway.
Out of the hundreds of thousands (possible millions) produced, im not saying all the damaged ones were caused by card benders, but also stupid kids and employees being rough with the packaging, this only shows that resellers are purposely avoiding damaged product.

So you're only half right that desireable toys will be desireable toys, in that collectors and kids who want the toys will buy them regardless of condition. Scalpers will avoid them because they're not worth the hassle of shipping them, where they basically only work as middlemen for a profit of $2.
>>
at toys r us we put stuff with damaged packaging in the damaged bin to be taken away. not sure where it goes, but i saw a mewtwo in there the other day
>>
>>5317801
Agreed with everything you said.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (3 MB, 5476x3724) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
3 MB, 5476x3724
>>5317943
>guy came in and cleared out all the star wars action figures leaving just the 6 titted shelf warmer.
> the 6 titted shelf warmer.

Is that what the cool kids are calling the new black guy from Star Wars now ?
>>
>>5321602
It's from before your time
>>
File: afsd.jpg (617 KB, 1394x1846) Image search: [Google]
afsd.jpg
617 KB, 1394x1846
While scalpers should burn in hell for price-gugging if it weren't for them how would some people get that holy grail toy they were beaten to the punch on getting by cheating fucks.

>Be me
>walk up early to go to Big lots to get some figures they were going to get
>Get there and they are all gone
>Cashier girl says that the store manager bought them all up with his store discount when the store opened and than went around to all other big lots in the area to buy even more

How can can you compete with fuckers that know of secret side door entrances to the mall and start waiting in line outside of the store 5 hours before the mall store even opens

>Be me
>Wake up at 7AM to get to the mall when it opens at 8AM
>Get there and there is already a line of cheating fucks who got in threw side security entrances at 5AM which they are not allowed to go threw.
>wait 4 hours in line until the store opens at 10AM
>They only get 10
>I don't get one
>It's a limited edition item so there is no such thing as the store ever restocking them ever again in the future
>Go home and see a scalper who lives in a different state (Not one of the fuckers at my mall) selling it for $80s more
>Buy it

As much as I hate scalpers I hate cheating fanatics that use ever underhanded trick in the book to get to the items before everyone else even more.
>image very related
>>
>>5321626
>>
File: 1440127267818.jpg (40 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1440127267818.jpg
40 KB, 320x320
>>5321628
Dude anons have been using "Be me " stories on this site since before reddit and thumber were even in existence.
>>
>>5321626
>>Go home and see a scalper who lives in a different state (Not one of the fuckers at my mall) selling it for $80s more
>>Buy it
lol you moron
>>
>>5321632
just like memes. what are you trying to say?
>>
>>5321626
>How can can you compete with fuckers
You work a job that pays far more than they will ever earn and just pay the scalper prices.
>>
>>5321877
Screw you dude, Item cost $120 in store. I paid $207 but it's a limited edition item that comes with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Stores get one small shipment only and never ever get a second in the future.

>>5321892
Thats what I did. I got what I wanted for Christmas and I'm happy with it.
>>
>>5322638
what was it?
>>
>>5322651
I'm gong to guess one of those designer Disney dolls.
>>
It's stupid to complaining about people spending their own time to get goods that you wanted but you yourself did not bother to invest the same amount of time and planing as them. Time equal money. you can either be faster and more ready than them, or you can just spend your time else where to get the same results.

Example:
Toy cost: $100 , you also have to go there 5 hours earlier to wait inline in hopes of a chance to get it. That's 5 hours of your time + $100

instead work 5 hours extra from your work or side job and get around $100.

Find a seller, buy it for $150. still be cheaper than the 5 hours waiting investment.

every time you physically go to a store to look for a item you are spending time and money. It's all in red unless you find the item you are looking for, and then you still have to subtract the time and money you spend looking for it.

at the end it's not worth it, unless you are just doing window shopping and just happen to see it.

also "Card Bending" damaging of products that you do not own is just people being jealous of others. Instead of damaging it, you can Buy it. but no, you don't want to spend the money.

By the way, to the people that claimed he checked the policy about damaged packaging and card bending would in no affect the sell ability of the toys, you are correct as most big chain stores don't care about the packaging. But they can still fire you if they have prove that you were intentionally causing damage to their merchandise weather it effect their selling value or not.
>>
>>5322785
>Toy cost: $100 , you also have to go there 5 hours earlier to wait inline in hopes of a chance to get it. That's 5 hours of your time + $100
That's a really really specific critiria that doesn't reflect how most of us buy our toys, and you're only showing how bad scalpers are into making money, since they're spending hours of their own time to not even equal mimimum wage when taking time/travel into account.

Most of us on /toy/ are used to just putting something into our cart and that's it. A whole 5minutes at most to pay for it. The longest we wait is just the byproduct of driving the product home or the shipping time.
For many of us, our "hunt" happens on the same trip to buy groceries and cleaning products. Stores like Target carry both the necessities and the luxury products we seek. In some cases, such as mine, you can find a comic shop, Target,
Disney Store, and a TRU all in the same mall. It takes maybe 5 minutes travel time total to walk to all these stores, and perhaps another minute to check what they have in stock.

So to do my toy shopping, it usually takes all of a couple of minutes. That isn't so with hard to find products, so when i do find something that's hard to find, I'll do someone else a favor by bending the card for a hard to find toy. That way they don't have to pay retards who scalp to buy a toy that normally costs 5-100% less.

FYI, most stores don't give a shit that a card/box has a dent or crease in it. To them, the product is undamaged. Only mintfags and scalpers care about that shit.

tl;dr: you're a retard defending retards who barely make minimum wage scalping shit
>>
>>5322896
pretty much your whole post is what I posted
"at the end it's not worth it, unless you are just doing window shopping and just happen to see it."

>>I'll do someone else a favor by bending the card for a hard to find toy. That way they don't have to pay retards who scalp to buy a toy that normally costs 5-100% less.

that's self gratification right there, if you really want to do a favor for some else, you can buy the toy and then resell it at retail.
That like saying oh, this couple is looking to buy this car, hmm, I'll walk by and key the bumper a bit so they can bargain the price down. then walk home all jolly thinking you did the couple a favor. lol
well that example is abit extreme but you get what I'm saying. Vandalism is bad

not trying to defend anyone, or on any side just want to give a bigger picture so that you don't have to focus and get stuck up on little things.
>>
People who bend cards are like the SJWs of /toy/. They are doing the laziest kind of pretend social movement and patting themselves on the back for it. That'll show them neckbeards, amirite?
>>
>By the way, to the people that claimed he checked the policy about damaged packaging and card bending would in no affect the sell ability of the toys, you are correct

Not really. I went to Target and found a $25 Star Wars figure and noticed that the box was just a little fucked up in the corner. I asked the guy working in toys if I could get a discount because the box is damaged and he said yeah. Went to customer service and they knocked off $5

Same thing happened to me at a Big Lots. It may not apply to your store but it never hurts to ask.
>>
I hate the fact that these assholes are collecting toys and not statues, if you're going to buy something and never pose it but you care about the paint apps, then why the hell wouldn't you just buy a fucking statue? If the argument is that statues take up too much space, well guess what so does the 25 generic Black Series boxes you've got clogging up your shelves.
>>
File: 1396774457_7.jpg (229 KB, 813x1050) Image search: [Google]
1396774457_7.jpg
229 KB, 813x1050
>>5322785
>instead work 5 hours extra from your work or side job and get around $100.

> around $100

Five hours of work at $8 an hour is more like $40 if you have a crappy job tho anon. Trying to get the item in store still pays off for poor fags. If you are a poor fag and still want the item you save up for months to pay scalpers their blood money.
>>
>>5322896
>Most of us on /toy/ are used to just putting something into our cart and that's it.
Oh well how very lovely for most richfags on /toy/.
I wish I could just dance into a store and pick up what ever I wanted and throw it in the cart at any random time like it's no big deal.

I've ended up paying scalpers almost double the price online months after the item I wanted was released for not having he money required at the moment.
Sometimes toys come out around times where I've blown money on other things or I'm just a little short that month. I know fully well that I'll have to end up paying more for it down the road when I do have some extra spending cash but that is the life of a non richfag.
>>
>>5322896
>Disney Store, and a TRU
You have a Disney store and TRU in one mall? You lucky fuck
>>
File: 5STAR.jpg (9 KB, 145x34) Image search: [Google]
5STAR.jpg
9 KB, 145x34
>>5322935
>if you really want to do a favor for some else, you can buy the toy and then resell it at retail.
Anon speaks the truth!
>>
>>5322976
>why the hell wouldn't you just buy a fucking statue?
Figures are $15 to $35
Statues are $150 to $400
Not everyone is a richfag thats why.
>>
File: 1448808506871.jpg (69 KB, 736x1142) Image search: [Google]
1448808506871.jpg
69 KB, 736x1142
>>5322994
It sounds like you have budgeting problems, bro. You should set a limit on the amount of money you spend on toys in a month, and then not buy toys for a month or two. Build up a buffer of "toy money" That way you'll have cash on hand to buy toys you want when they're released, and then not have to buy them at crazy mark up later on. You'll save a lot of dosh that way, I bet
<---that's a picture of a lady impressed by a guy who saves dosh
>>
>getting picky because of small marks on the box

It is packaging. It is intended to protect the goods in transit until the buyer obtains the item.

This reminds me of some assfag on he-man.org that was going to dump his girlfriend because she accidentally put a tiny corner ding on a fucking white mailer box.

You don't even have the means to fully inspect this shit when buying online. Get over it. Only autism fags like Jin care about this unimportant shit.
>>
>>5323005
I save up for a few months to buy a high priced item. Once I had the money I bought it. Little did I know that they were also released something I also wanted that very same month. Couldn't buy the two high priced items in the same month so I had to wait a month or two to get the second one. Of course I ended up paying more for it since at that point the item was sold out and only scalpers were offering it online.
>>
>>5322935
>pretty much your whole post is what I posted
Are you seriously implying I'm defending the scalping practice? Retarded.
>that's self gratification right there, if you really want to do a favor for some else, you can buy the toy and then resell it at retail.
Seriously, you're retarded.
Not everyone is into buying shit online from random people, especially people who are specifically going to the store to buy stuff.
>Vandalism is bad
Oh please. No one gives a shit except for anal folk. Not even the managers care until some fuckwit collector/scalper cries over a toy he wants no longer being mint in package.

>>5322941
>They are doing the laziest kind of pretend social movement
I don't disagree. It really takes nothing to bend something and people do like being able to find a hard to get toy for retail/sale price in stores.

>>5322970
On the same token, i just bought a large boxed item that was dinged and bought it without complaining, because right now the packaging is in the trash and the toys are on my shelf.
But yes, it is nice to know you can get a discount for anything if you can complain. I've even seen people get a discount because they waited in line too long. bitch bitch bitch pays off.
>>
>>5321632
lol no.
>>
File: shooting self in foot.jpg (28 KB, 570x238) Image search: [Google]
shooting self in foot.jpg
28 KB, 570x238
>>5322994
>Oh well how very lovely for most richfags on /toy/.
>I've ended up paying scalpers almost double the price
>not having he money required at the moment.
GEE, YOU SURE DONT SOUND RETARDED.

>>5322998
It's on the same property. Target is attached to the mall proper, with a comic, toy, AND disney store are also located in there. TRU is located across a parking area.
I've actually seen a WalMart and Target in the same mall, on opposite ends, with another WalMart a two or three blocks away. Crazy shit.

The only bad thing about living in a populated area is the fact that scalpers are more frequent.
>>
File: Mr Bungle.jpg (62 KB, 703x462) Image search: [Google]
Mr Bungle.jpg
62 KB, 703x462
>>5323032
>right now the packaging is in the trash and the toys are on my shelf.

Same with me. I put the package in the attic in case I ever want to store the toy back in its original box to keep it dust free and the toy is on top of my 3D blu-ray player.

>bitch bitch bitch pays off.
You can't catch something for nothing you know.
If you only have $25 in your pocket and the item is $24.99 plus tax you can wake out of the store without it or you can ask someone if they can do a discount and leave with the item. Not to imply that I've ever damaged the box myself to than later ask for a discount for only a Mr Bungles would do something like that.

Plus on a side note even if I did have the money it would piss me off to pay a prime price on a collectors item while the box was all fucked up. Yes the box is part of the product. Even if I later chose to open it I still want the box to be in good shape.
Why should I pay full price for an item that looks like it's been stomped on by a child with autism and jizzed on by an edgy teen.
>>
>>5323049
>GEE, YOU SURE DONT SOUND RETARDED.
You try typing a coherent sentence with some little brat screaming and asking you 30 questions ever minute from behind a door as you're trying to type a thought out.
>>
File: plastic-boxes-with-lids.jpg (144 KB, 1280x927) Image search: [Google]
plastic-boxes-with-lids.jpg
144 KB, 1280x927
>>5323101
>Same with me.
That doesn't sound the same, since you're not throwing packaging away and i buy boxes to store my toys in when they're not on display. Keeps my stuff safer and cleaner, and organizes much better.
>If you only have $25 in your pocket and the item is $24.99 plus tax you can wake out of the store without it
Understandable, since i like to haggle to when i can, but I'm apparently a moneybags who can pay what stores ask and the taxes owed to the government, and can afford boxes for long term storage.

>Yes the box is part of the product.
I agree, but most packaging is terrible and not worth keeping, especially today.
Then there's the fact I'd rather own the toy for the price a retail store will charge me (usually below retail) rather than being charged rape fees or not owning it at all.
So if someone can do me a favor, please bend the packaging for hard to find toys if you come across it. I'll do the same for the other bros out there.
>>
Man, I'm just laffin at everyone debating on if it hurts scalpers or not. It depends on the toy. Something kids really want that's flying off the shelves, it obviously doesn't matter if you bend. Toys that both autists and kids fag over alike will benefit though.
>>
>>5323347
>i buy boxes to store my toys in when they're not on display.
difference is when you put them back into their actual boxes you the toy fits inside like a glove. You can even secure them with their twisty ties if you kept them in the box

I used to keep toys in one big plastic box like the one in your image and they all got fucked up.
Paint from one toy would start rubbing off on another toy. Before you know it on toy was missing paint while the other was permanently stained with marks. I would lose all the accessories if they fell out of the toys hand or they would bend and warp.
It was just a mess but I was a kid back than and I didn't know that a toy box would eventually fuck up my toy collection.
>>
>>5323466
the trick is to place the main toy in a zip lock bag then it's accessories in another zip lock bag, then you put them in your big box or plastic container.
>>
>>5317710
your plan will horribly backfire. why?

Every card you bend increases the value of the mint cards due to increased rarity.

this will cause scalpers to increase their efforts, to make sure they get them before the card-bending faggots get to them first

this will further increase the shortage on you directly as well, because if YOU are who theyre trying to beat, theyre now in direct competition to beat YOU to the store, and will keep tryign to go on earlier dates/times until they succeed
>>
>>5322785
>instead work 5 hours extra from your work or side job
yeah, that isn't really how jobs work, especially if 5 hours is how much you get scheduled for a shift

people trying to justify scalper prices make me laugh because when people price stuff ridiculously it doesn't sell and they end up having some overpriced toy sitting there. If they marked things up reasonably, say five or ten dollars for something that originally sells for twenty, they might actually sell something
>>
File: tackle box.jpg (1 MB, 1975x1794) Image search: [Google]
tackle box.jpg
1 MB, 1975x1794
>>5323466
>difference is when you put them back into their actual boxes you the toy fits inside like a glove
I don't know about you, but i actually struggled with taking toys out of their plastic bubbles, which have very firm grips on the figures. Like with the twist ties, i just cut them out of there, and toss that trash away never to be reused.
Toy boxes take way too much space, and if you have a sizeable collection, it's pretty gross to keep that much packaging around.

>I used to keep toys in one big plastic box like the one in your image and they all got fucked up.
You're not doing a very good job of organizing your toys if that happened then. Marks happen from being jostled around, so you just need to be careful in handling the boxes and how the figures are positioned.
Also, why the fuck were you keeping the accessories still on the figure? That's just dumb.

Also, these are the superior storage when it comes to keeping figures safe and organized. I actually own more than a few for a couple lines, like GI Joes since they come with so many accessories and it's easier to find that one fucking piece if they're in a compartment with other like pieces.
>>
File: noble team warthog.jpg (99 KB, 844x600) Image search: [Google]
noble team warthog.jpg
99 KB, 844x600
>>5323582
the only good thing to come from scalping is that it makes it easier and cheaper to buy older toys.

Funny how some toys are superior to today's toys and actually cost less, especially when you take inflation into consideration.
Been really loving getting older Halo figures for the same price as current ones, even the scalpfailures come with more accessories and articulation.
>>
>>5323590
>>5323466
>>5323347
>>5323101
>>5323049
Hey Subjectanon I see you're still as autistic as ever about people keeping packaging to collector's toys either for storage or to help sell the figure in the future because a figure with it's box will get you more money.

>inb4 bitch bitch bitch moan moan moan bitch
>>
File: REEEEE MODE.webm (2 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
REEEEE MODE.webm
2 MB, 720x404
>bent card back or damaged box on a premium figure in a store
>>
>>5317710
>>5317716
Hey, fuck that. I like leaving my shit in the box because God knows it'll stay in better condition that way than if I take it out until I can get my own place. It will also stay in better condition for when I show and/or pass it on to my children one day, if I ever have any. Not everyone who wants things like that is a scalper or waiting to sell it when it's worth more. I will admit, though, that if I'm ever desperate, I will have a fuckton of games/systems/paraphernalia to sell, but I've got to be really desperate.
>>
>>5323719
Forgot to mention that it also keeps dust off of my shit, and I really don't want to buy a can of air just to clean my collection.
>>
>>5323582
But thats what a job is for , 5 hours spend working is the same time as 5 hours waiting before the store opens in hope of getting that limited item. But 5 hours work will get you paid for sure .

If your job only scheduled you for 5 hour shifts then you are still only part-time . You can find a second job or a once a week job. Most job in big company allow you to sign up for extra hours , like working in another shift, working weekend, etc. you plan ahead and do those extra hours when you have nothing else planned , those extra hours of income will be saved for whenever you need to use it.
>>
>>5323828
>telling people to get a second job to afford scalper prices
sure is disgusting scalper
>>
>>5317767
>>5317801
>buy low sell high is an absolutley disgusting practice and should be banned forever!
>ban amiibo scalping
>BAN STOCK SCALPING!
>THE STOCK MARKET IS FULL OF SCALPERS!
>>
>>5323719
If you're just keeping things in box to protect them for dust, but not for resale, a bent card shouldn't matter.
>>
File: trash stacking.jpg (191 KB, 747x1070) Image search: [Google]
trash stacking.jpg
191 KB, 747x1070
>>5324484
>treating toys the same as stocks
i really hope you're an underagedban, because that is some real retarded thinking

>>5324498
but what if he does need to resell it?!!? MAXIMUM PROFIT ON HIS INVESTMENT FOR HIS RETIREMENT FUND!... but, most people who buy toys to resell don't think so far ahead. So that return on investment that won't cover inflation will go toward buying his next toy that he really doesn't want, because he also buys into hype.
>>
>>5324434
it's better than wasting time getting in line early in hope of getting a limited item. Money from other job can be used else where too,not just on toys.
>>
>>5324858
I already earn enough money to buy whatever i want

So I'd rather spend time reading the internet, reading a book, or talking to people in line than paying some asshole extra money just for waiting in line. I can do that myself.

Fuck enabling and incentivizing scalpers by giving them money to rip off more people.
>>
>>5323719
>It will also stay in better condition for when I show and/or pass it on to my children one day
fucking lol
"here you are, my son. A mint in box Uzume Ono Figma"
"...what is that?"
"Well, 20 years ago there was a anime called Fantasista Doll, and people thought it was gonna be big so there was a lot of merchandise for it, but then nobody watched it, so I was able to get this Figma for 2000 yen off Mandarake!"
"Are you going to drive me to football practice or not?"
>>
File: battery_pasta.jpg (22 KB, 277x277) Image search: [Google]
battery_pasta.jpg
22 KB, 277x277
So I was shopping at tru the other day and when I was checking out, the cashier asks if I want batteries, I say yes and she hands me a pack and the fucking card is bent, so I tell her that this is unacceptable and I need the package to be mint and she gives me a weird look, so I call her manager over and tell him the situation about how his employee not only tried to sell me a defective product, but then made me feel bad by shaming me with her look. He tells her to go back to the employee lounge and finishes ringing me up, the worst part is he forgot to sell me some batteries and now my vibrator is out of power so I have my phone up my butt and it hurts. I hope that bitch got fired.
>>
>>5324906
good for you, you can do whatever you what on your own time. But don't bitch about how other people decides to spend their time or money.
>>
>>5324917
>implying people won't be riding mutant lizards to European football practice in 20 years
>>
File: Madd-No-More-Victims.jpg (40 KB, 624x271) Image search: [Google]
Madd-No-More-Victims.jpg
40 KB, 624x271
>>5325041
giving money to allow a scalper to continue scalping hurts us all.
Why won't you think of the manchilren?
>>
>damaging shit in stores because MUH GREATER GOOD
>it's fine because we ain't damaging it THAT MUCH
>why would ANY ONE EVER want to keep the box?
>if you do things differently you MUST BE A FILTHY SCALPER REEEEEEEE
>look I wrote some greentext/possible example/story that never happened to mock people I don't like, am I not the MOST CLEVER GUY on the internet?

what are you guys some sort of comedic vallian from a kids cartoon?
>>
File: viper.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
viper.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>>5317710
literal fucking degeneracy.
>>
>>5319073
literally an autistic sperglord.
>easy transportation
>storage
>look nice LITERALLY AUTISTIC.

nothing is easy about keeping the packaging, it looks like shit where ever it is and takes up space, as far as using it to transport shit that's a fucking dumb waste of a time; there is much simpler and effective ways to deal with shit. Keep a box for a statue sure, but when your 200 power rangers boxes look shitty
>>
>>5328340
I think you might be autistic if you find it hard to store boxes or use them for transportation. That is what the boxes are made for.
>>
File: hoarder pops.jpg (279 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
hoarder pops.jpg
279 KB, 1000x1333
>>5328361
No, packaging is meant to keep toys safe during transportation from the factory to retail stores and attract consumers attention.
They're not meant for long term storage, which is why they use such cheap thin plastic and cheapo acidic cardboard. In most cases, you're meant to destroy the packaging to take the figure out of it.

They're not even easy to store in your home, because they take up a lot of room and carrying them from one place to another is a hassle because of how they stack.

Sorry, but you're fucking disgusting if you stack shit around like this
>>
>>5317710

>>Oh holy shit it's that one figure everyone's been looking for and that sells for 900% markup consistently on Ebay.

>>Oh wait someone dented the card might as well leave it there it will never sell.

Card-benders literally sound this retarded.
>>
File: $_57h.jpg (515 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
$_57h.jpg
515 KB, 2000x2000
>>5324917
I was thinking about having a daughter and Disney Characters are Timeless
>>
>>5328666
"Disney movies like Snow White perpetuate terrible sexist stereotypes and rape culture! Snow White was declared Problematic in 2023, you should've turned in all merchandise to be destroyed!"
>>
File: 56564.jpg (195 KB, 684x963) Image search: [Google]
56564.jpg
195 KB, 684x963
>>5324917
At the age of 89 he might think about passing his anime figures down to his adult children tho.
Pretty sure it would go something like this
>"here you are, my son. A mint in box Uzume Ono Figma"
"...what is that dad?"
>Well back in the early 2000s the western world made a big deal out of Pokemon type cartoons or as we called them anime from Japan. Of course that was before people from Japan and China became the majority upper class in the US we all work for now and stuff from Japan was viwed as Super "かわいいです" Novelty items.
Hes getting worse
>Your not going o put me in a home now are you son. Your going to take care of me at your house until I die ..r-r-right
Sure dad now get in the care we're going for a "Kawaii" ride
>>
File: LeiaShot19.jpg (788 KB, 1770x1293) Image search: [Google]
LeiaShot19.jpg
788 KB, 1770x1293
>>5328670
>Snow White perpetuate terrible sexist stereotypes and rape culture!

So does Star Wars. Theres gonna be a lot of toy burning.
>>
>>5328607
according to ebay, that's pretty much true.
Tons and tons of figures being sold in undamaged, uncreased, undented boxes, yet only a handful that are damaged in some way are being sold for way less than the mint packaged ones cost by many times. Scalpers basically make 3 bucks off card bent toys, making them just assholish middlemen.
>>
>>5324917
>20 years later
>get married
>have teenage daughter
>pure-blooded asian to protect my famuree's honaru
>give her my nib Satsuki figma and pat her head
>wife divorces me
>go to jail
>commit seppuku with a plastic spoon
>reborn as cicada in my next life
>>
>>5328696

>>Things that have never happened ever
>>
>>5328710
>reborn as cicada

So all in all pretty good.
>>
>>5319073
Faggot
>>
>>5317710
>Every toy will have a bent cardback
>They will be sold for the same price since they're all in the same condition

You see where the problem is?
>>
>>5328777
>intact ones will go even higher

fixed for ya
>>
>>5328717
>monkey putting his hands in front of his eyes.jpg
>>
what are these rare toys that i need to start collecting??
>>
>>5317801

Cool. Because you should have to pay for shit you damage you little judge dredd.
>>
>>5328807

Big fucking deal. The ones in undamaged boxes are going for, at best, a couple dollars more.
>>
>>5328693
I mean, this is hardly a good example. It's clearly presented as wrong, and Jabba is presented as a monstrous, greedy, lethargic asshole, who gets killed by his captive. So eh
>>
File: Finn TFA BS.jpg (180 KB, 1276x601) Image search: [Google]
Finn TFA BS.jpg
180 KB, 1276x601
>>5329019
This one, is the rarest figure in the history of Star Wars.
>>
>>5317710
>amiibo
just fucking grow up

maybe thats why japanese sell all they toys on boxes
>>
>>5328607
>Card-benders literally sound this retarded.
I don't think you understand how quotes work. Card-benders AREN'T leaving shit there because the card is dented.
>>
File: $_57aa.jpg (110 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
$_57aa.jpg
110 KB, 960x720
>>5328807
Dude at first i thought the card bending thing was bull but there might be something to this.
Next time I see a Star Wars black series figure thats not the black guy or Chewy I'm going to fuck up the box.

I know that if I was really after a figure a damaged box would not stop me from buying it IN STORE. I'd be so hyped I found the figure in a store at a non ass rape price that I wouldn't give a shit. If I could find an extra one in a nice box down the road that would be a plus but at least I'd have the figure.
>>
File: 1287264075841e.jpg (65 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1287264075841e.jpg
65 KB, 600x600
>>5328807
I saw 3 black series Rays with BB8 a few weeks ago at Target. I feel so fucking guilty and mad I didn't fuck up the boxes.

If only this thread was up a few weeks ago I could have made some little kids Christmas dreams come true instead of making some 30 year old scalper scums day.
>>
If anyone here would like to post a few pics or give a small list of toys that are hard to find and scalpers buy up on the spot I'll be sure to bend their cards or fuck up their boxes next time I see them.
>>
>>5317821

This hit me in the feels so bad
>>
>>5323719
>when I show and/or pass it on to my children one day
let's be honest, anon. you're never having children.
>>
>>5330242
>I know that if I was really after a figure a damaged box would not stop me from buying it IN STORE.

That is exactly why bending is bullshit. If a figure is hot and everyone wants it, a dent isn't going to stop a scalper you dummies.
>>
Just imagine someone got caught and have to explain why they are tampering toy packages.

>anon what are you doing to those toys
>nothing I am just bending the cards
>are you going to buy it because it looks like you are damaging it
>nah it's not that bad I am just trying to keep the filthy scalpers away
>what are you talking about do you plan on purchasing these items?
>look I am doing y'all a favor think of the children who will get this super rare figure before the boogey man does.
>uh security I've got some suspicious person in aisle 5 do you copy
>m-muh greater good!

have fun getting kicked out and/or have the store call the cops on you
>>
>>5330590
>taking shit and giving shit with a retail employee

>say "nothing"
>put it down walk away

>buy it
>return to another store

call the cops on you? Do you have real life conversations with real people? I could literally walk up to you in toy ailse and call you a faggot and slap whatever is in your hands to ground....and nothing would happen to me.

>I thought he was a friend of mine
>I didn't do it (your word vs mine)
>ignore them

I'd be out the door and forgotten with in a month and back there like nothing happened.
>>
>>5330607
>I could literally walk up to you in toy ailse and call you a faggot and slap whatever is in your hands to ground....and nothing would happen to me.
>Do you have real life conversations with real people?

Have you ever been to a shitty part of the town where people keep an extra eye out for theives and thugs and generally have no tolerance towards retarded behavior like that?
>>
>>5330619
>implying a complete stranger gives a shit about a neckbeard toy collector

do you leave the house? no one cares about you. People keep an eye out for themselves, and not the toy aisle. If there were kids there they'd probably laugh at you too. You act like retail and the people shopping their give a fuck. No who works there does either. It's why shit is broken up and stolen. No one cares if you bend the card.
>>
>>5330590
That's why you don't make it look deliberate. Toss it in your cart a bit carelessly, "accidentally" drop it, etc.

Your only risk is if you're in Nashville and Jin tries to impersonate a police officer over it, like he did to that 3rd party dealer at Botcon.

>Jin almost got his dumb ass arrested over it
>>
>>5330641
>People keep an eye out for themselves, and not the toy aisle.
I was talking about the slapping shit off from people part, of which I fucking quoted. Good luck pulling that shit on someone in a not-so-nice neighborhood, people get fucked up for shits and giggles all the time, even in America.

And just because people don't enforce rules doesn't mean they don't exist. Sure, no one in wal-mart gives a shit about anything, but some simple questioning in >>5330590 is entirely possible when some employess are having a bad day or bored out of their fucking minds.

>hurr durr you dont leave house you dont talk to people you dont matter no one cares about you
ok now you are just projecting
>>
>>5330644
is it really worth the effort? while doing so doesn't even benifit youself directly?

Personal satisfiction aside, card bending seems like one of those TIE RIBBON TO SPREAD AWARENESS acts, it doesn't change anything in the larger scale
>>
>>5330718
>Good luck pulling that shit on someone in a not-so-nice neighborhood

Where do you live? For real, I want to know what your idea of a not so nice neighborhood is. You're talking like an 'ascared rugrat character. I mean... they don't sell toys in the tenderloin for a reason. I've been in oakland at night before, several times, no one shot at me.

You think this is a conversation that can take place >>5330590 because that's how YOU would respond, in your world retail employees have security and call the police at the drop of a hat. That is not a feasible conversation for a rational capable adult. No one would handle it that way, on either side.

>ok now you are just projecting

Partially.... I mean, I know when Im in the toy alsie, no gives a shit if Im feeling up lego blindpacks. I do it all the time, no one has ever come up to me and been like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" And that takes 30 minutes sometimes. How long do you think it takes to bend a card? It happens in seconds and its done. If me standing there fucking with shit for that long isn't an issue, when I bend a card, and I do btw, is certainly not going to be one.

But still, I stand by that if you left the house and went to these stores you'd know what you're saying is exaggerated childhood bullshit.
>>
so when are we going to see some youtube videos of people getting cough sneaking around doing card bending at stores all for the purpose of the greater good? what if their face and actions go viral.
>>
>>5330785

It'll be like that stupid phase where people were going into the dairy aisle and throw gallon jugs of milk around while pretending to slip and fall.
>>
>>5317710
I'm all for it. I still keep the packaging for the majority of my toys just because I think it's cool to have to look back at years from now. The only thing I look for when toy shopping is QC and paint apps. As long as the box isn't covered in feces then i'm fine.
>>
File: 1398703274838a.jpg (228 KB, 1280x907) Image search: [Google]
1398703274838a.jpg
228 KB, 1280x907
>>5330785
Never if done casually. You don't have to draw attention to yourself to bend three or four cards.
>>
File: TVC-1769.jpg (155 KB, 585x1000) Image search: [Google]
TVC-1769.jpg
155 KB, 585x1000
>>5317869
This, but only for the purposes of keeping an original while I use the copy for kitbashing and customization purposes, not ever intending to sell the customs mind you.

But that would be crazy for anyone but someone who can afford to do that, apart from army builder figs I guess, but those are always the hardest to find and any day in the toy aisle your left staring at shelfwarming scrap and main characters you don't want or the figure is 5x the sale price online or w/e.

pic related, never ever

;-;
>>
File: 1449689685312.png (13 KB, 353x425) Image search: [Google]
1449689685312.png
13 KB, 353x425
>>5317962
>bent out of shape
>>
File: TVC-1667.jpg (151 KB, 738x806) Image search: [Google]
TVC-1667.jpg
151 KB, 738x806
>>5317943
You're a godamn hero in my books anon, fuck those cunts who come in to buy two or more of the same figure for no reason other then to sell online for higher price

When I go to my local TRU the Star Wars selection is usually the same looking as it was a month ago, same shelfwarmers shelfwarming because no one cares about the character with six tits or a leia figure, or because TRU makes anything with more than 3 figures in it at once fucking $40-50 dollars.

I dont know if its scalpers or just TRU being shitty, but the idea that a toy you really wanted could have been there if a scalper didnt buy out all 10 of them or 5 or w/e and then you check online and the figure is $10-15 + shipping and you just say fuck that shit.
>>
>>5322994
>I've ended up paying scalpers almost double the price online months after the item I wanted was released for not having he money required at the moment.

worst feel
>>
Just look at this guy collection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Incg7GTFxpQ

Nothing is bend.

Op may be right, just bend the shit. And kids will buy it and actually have fun with it.
>>
My gramps had a story about this a long while ago

>worked in toy store back a good 30 or so years ago
>would purposefully wait until all the scalpers stopped in for the day to put the new shipment of hot wheels on the shelves
>when they stopped by he'd say "haven't gotten anything yet"
>gave kids a shot at getting them
>>
>>5336666
Satan quads confirms story as truth
>>
>>5330297
Star Wars.
>>
>>5330644
Oh look its the faggot cardbender Jin got ejected from Target. How's it hanging cuntface?
>>
>>5336903
I'll take "made up shit that never happened because Jin is delusional" for $200, Alex.
>>
>>5336882
I should have bent those Ray figures when I saw them. I have failed
>>
If any of you actually do this , please kill yourself , also insulting people because they have more money than you and can afford what are clearly luxury items is just an indication of what type of complete loser you are ,just in case it isn't perfectly clear , if you do this your a complete fucking loser and should totally just fucking end it ,making sure to make leave as little mess as possible ,by the sounds of it you've already been burden enough to those around you .
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PrRUKFcnPM

Adult collectors are scum.
>>
>>5337540
Spotted the MISB collector
>>
>>5337540
shut the fuck up, Jin. Go cry to your Joe Customs asspals about it.
>>
>>5337540
>Getting this mad about card benders

It's really starting to affect your bottom line of scalping, eh anon?

Toppest of keks my bretheren, desu senpai.
>>
>>5317710

Good thing a damaged box kept me from selling my D-Arts Charizard for $180 on Ebay.

Oh wait card benders are full of shit.
>>
>>5329750
look at the dates
The one in September went for that much, undamaged september sold ones were going for more than twice that.

Scalpers are dum
Almost as dumb as people who can't afford toys when they find them on the shelves for cheap because they're bending over for scalper prices like these dumbfucks >>5336318
>>
>>5337540
May every toy you scalp be bent at the edges of the card fellow anon.
>>
>>5317710

>>food shortage
>>oh shit better bend all the cans so no one hoards them
>>that'll show em
>>
>>5338324
>toys = food
>>
>>5317710
this is great
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.