[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Samurai Jack is back!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: samuraijack-2016teaserposter.jpg (161 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
samuraijack-2016teaserposter.jpg
161 KB, 800x1280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzIxLwVwtiQ

Finally an opportunity to get some awesome Samurai Jack merchandise! Who do you want to make toys of this, anons? What kind of toys do you want?

Personally I could go for a 6" Jack figure and an 18" Aku.
>>
>Jack's back
My dick has now plowed right through concrete with how hard it is. I'm so fucking ready.
>>
>>5314789
How? When? Where?
>>
>>5314821
watch the 6 second video and all your questions will be answered.
>>
I could go for something along the lines of what 3A is doing with that shit Adventure Time show or whatever the fuck that trash is. But not by 3A, and not for their prices.
>>
>>5315140
3A has some of the best 1/6th prices in the industry,, except for licensed stuff where it's about 50$ more.
>>
>no toys shown

not relevant, yet

>knoe

no. go away
>>
I'd love an Aku build-a-figure made up of smaller Aku in one of his various shape-shifts. His horns could be a spider, face could be the bat, arms could be the gorilla, main body the dragon, etc.

Have each one be fairly simple and come with a Jack Attack figure, then have a Deluxe Jack figure separate from the rest.
>>
>>5315144
Price for what you actually get is awful, though. Their QC is abysmal and you're lucky to get it within half a year of when they say they're going to be released.
>>
File: jazwares-at-2-1.jpg (67 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
jazwares-at-2-1.jpg
67 KB, 1000x576
>>5315140
What is 3a making for adventure time?

I'd buy Jazware minis for Samurai Jack. They were pretty good as long as you found one with good paint apps, which weren't hard to find.
>>
>>5315237
Those look fucking terrible.
>>
>>5315237
>There are people that actually thinks this look good
This is almost as bad as the fact that Nintendo generals are filled with retards who think the Jakks figures are quality.
>>
>>5315279
The quality isn't bad. The articulation choices can be suspect, but the figures are alright. Cheap and fun and look nice together.
>>
File: ATnoonecanhearyoutcdp.jpg (84 KB, 1000x647) Image search: [Google]
ATnoonecanhearyoutcdp.jpg
84 KB, 1000x647
>>5315271
>>5315279
Considering the art style for the title cards, they're pretty faithful.
>>
>>5314822
>questions will be answered.
the irony is killing me
>>
>>5315309
>>5315321
No, those literally look like dog chew toys.
>>
File: AT1280.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
AT1280.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>5315711
They're an inch tall.

I'm not sure what you're expecting them to look like, unless you want that full on shading which is impossible to do for less than a $50 for an inch high figure.
>>
>>5314789
I feel like Samurai Jack was only cool because it was the only non-comedy in CN's original line-up. I didnt hate it though. also Sym-bionic titan was a bit odd
>>
>>5315723
Yeah I'm pretty sure the anons complaining just don't realize that they're 1" toys and think they're 3 or 4.
>>
>>5315309
I always pull back from buying the Jakks Nintendos. They just look off.
Too bad the Figuarts have worse problems as figures (kneeless mario brothers, manlet bowser) but nicer colors and build.
>>
File: MarioBrosJump.jpg (119 KB, 1064x1500) Image search: [Google]
MarioBrosJump.jpg
119 KB, 1064x1500
>>5315807
What do you mean kneeless? They've got knee joints. Or do you mean the complete lack of making it look halfway decent when bent?
>>
>>5315807
Of course they're nicer, but Jakks is good for filling the lineup and getting character variants. For example got Fire Mario and other than articulation he's right up there with the Figuarts. Jakks is quite good and painting details like the eyes (the rest that are actually painted occasionally has a good bit of paint slop, but there are out there that are well painted, just have to be patient).

Also really excited for Jack. I need to rewatch the series. Hopefully he's done justice and figures do become a reality.
>>
>All these people actually willing to buy Jakk's shit

What the fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>5315815
>>5315815
>ugly tube knees
>hideos front butt hips
over engineered ugliness
Also, aren't the knees no better than Jakks in terms of range of motion?
>>
>>5315841
Not sure why you're assblasted, Bandai's not dropping the Nintendo stuff so you're still getting product.

More options means the more likelihood that one of them will meet your personal preferences. I buy Jakks because they were doing 1/18 Legend of Zelda, which no one else was doing and had good articulation for the size and price. However, since their Ocarina is something like 5", I'm less likely to continue collecting, especially if Zelda and Sheik are also upsized for no good reason.
>>
>>5315723
I own some of them.

They are complete and absolute shit.

Gashapon toys from Japan end up looking not like total dog shit and they're tiny too. These are just shit. Look at the Ice King's seam line. How can you defend Jazzwares?
>>
>>5316309
how can you attack a cheap, 1 inch tall toy of a stylized cartoon?
you are full on autistic if you keep this up.
>>
>>5315329
the video is literally everything there is to know right now.
>>
>>5316309
>Gashapon toys from Japan end up looking not like total dog shit and they're tiny too. These are just shit. Look at the Ice King's seam line. How can you defend Jazzwares?
So basically, you're just shitting on them because it's not Japanese and a seam line on Ice King?
So Finn is good?
>>
>>5315929
I don't buy video game shit. Jazzwares should never be bought for anyone above the age of 3 if it's not being bought to be chewed on by a dog.
>>
>>5316885
damn this is some lazy shitposting.
here is your reply.
>>
>>5316917
>can only afford Jazzwares
>calls other people lazy
>>
>>5316500
>What is the doobahleedoo?

For anyone who didn't check, It's also going to air on the Toonami block and Genndy Tartakovsky is confirmed to be on board.
>>
>>5315159
But that's wrong, QC has only been awful back in a few month period between last december to about april or so. There were even good releases in between then.

Their cs has been ass recently, but if it's a huge issue, they normally send out full replacements.

As for price for what you get, in the 1/6th scale it's best price pound for pund against most 1/6th dealers. Thier 1/12th and MEGO stuff is aboutt he same as any other higher end figure in that scale too.
>>
>>5315237
>What is 3a making for adventure time?
Nothing, it's for Earth's Mightiest heroes, or something. Has the noodle people but in the future with the thick asianish chick? Also bee and puppycat I think

They're like 80$ and giant bendable 1/6th figures. They look faithful but anything made out of that silicon/rubbery crap is doomed to fail.
>>
File: bravest-warriors.png (387 KB, 1280x781) Image search: [Google]
bravest-warriors.png
387 KB, 1280x781
>>5317224
Bravest Warriors. And yeah, they're doing Bee and Puppycat too. Bee's nose sculpt looked funny the last time they showed her, I hope they redo it.

BTW, there might be problems with the thicker legs (like the on the girls) but generally I don't forsee problems with the limbs. They're just your basic bendy limbs. I have Gumby figures from the 80s that use the same "technology" and are completely fine to this day. The problem isn't inherently with rubber itself, it's when you stretch a thin rubber skin over a moving joint. A thick rubber sheath over a wire is actually pretty durable--hell, the wire is more likely to snap before anything happens to the rubber.
>>
>>5316885
>I reply to a post about Jakks Pacific, which is producing the World of Nintendo line
>You reply talking about Jazzwares

I'm not sure who you were trying to quote, but you got the wrong guy.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.