[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone own any nxedge? what's the general opinion on this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: FIGURE-015195.jpg (78 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-015195.jpg
78 KB, 600x600
anyone own any nxedge?
what's the general opinion on this line?
saw omnimon and i'm tempted
>>
>>5313586
i bought Mazinkaiser and he's pretty good. Better/more articulation than you would think.

the heads on a peg and can also extend forward and back. really nifty engineering for such a small figure.

I got mine on sale and went in thinking it would be a gamble.
>>
>>5313655
nice
so i went ahead and bought astray and POed barbatos and omnimon
>>
Are any of them fully painted? I know the Gundam ones look really plastic.

Barbatos is said to be gloss painted but not sure about the others.

I think Genesic Gaogaigar is the best one in terms of paint job so far, followed by Guren with gloss coat but brittle wings.

Omegamon looks to be fuly painted.
>>
>>5313736
i might panel line omnimon with red lines ala our war game
>>
I like this figma/Revoltech style of engineering they got with this series. Honestly I kind of want a regular proportion robot action figure line like this. The high quality highly priced stuff feels overkill these days with Bandai figures going around for 5000 yen. Make one like the NXEDGE joints/paint/material and keep it around 3000 yen...it's good enough for me.
>>
>>5314061
They have a low price line call Assault Kingdom.

There's also the older HCM-Pro you can find them for pretty cheap and they look great.

they are regular proportions robot action figures that's around the same height as the Nxedge.
>>
>>5314079
I have a few from both of those. HCM-Pro was so great.

I meant new, in similar size to RDs. I'm sure the joints can handle the weight.
>>
>>5314079
a shop is selling assault kingdom for repaired kyshatria for 14 bucks, should i jump on that?
>>
File: 1431001727586.jpg (24 KB, 324x291) Image search: [Google]
1431001727586.jpg
24 KB, 324x291
I want a Gurren Lagann dummit, but it's always gendums. But look, a digimon as a challenger, so maybe SOON.
>>
>>5314803
There's a prototype TTGL
>>
File: 16493196607_8f680fe064_b.jpg (159 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
16493196607_8f680fe064_b.jpg
159 KB, 1024x683
>>5314421
Not him, but I say yes. It's a pretty impressive little thing, and even has clear balljointed stems so you can pose the funnels in action. I like mine quite a bit. For $14, I'd definitely jump on that--I paid more and still think it was worth it.
>>
File: 20151204_020930 copy.jpg (663 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20151204_020930 copy.jpg
663 KB, 1920x1080
>>5313736
Not fully painted but the smaller areas of color separation are painted.

They would really benefit from some panel lining and maybe a top coat but I don't fancy fucking mine up by accident.

They usually drop in price a bit after initial release which makes them pretty good as a cheap buy.
>>
>>5317345
How's the plastic quality? I've been avoiding this line because the plastic looks sorta soft to me.
>>
>>5317329
nice, what are the best of the line?
>>
>>5317351

Soft plastic on the skirt and hands, rest is hard plastic.
>>
>>5317359

Newer releases. They're all about the same, though. Pick the units you like.
>>
>>5317351
It's improved. Freedom on the left has a pretty poor soft plastic around the skirt area. But the 00 is nice solid plastic on every part. Admittingly that may be because the 00 doen't have any front skirt armor.

I don't own the Wing NX but that does look like it's solid plastic for the skirt, unless anyone who owns it can confirm?
>>
>>5317364

It is

Just like all the other releases. It saves money instead of adding an extra joint for the part.
>>
File: AK4 - ZGok.jpg (116 KB, 1000x340) Image search: [Google]
AK4 - ZGok.jpg
116 KB, 1000x340
>>5317359
Like the guy above said, they're pretty much all good. But personally, I think some of the standouts of the line are:

- Gundam Mk.II
- Gouf Custom
- Z'Gok
- Sazabi
- Jegan
- Rick Dom
- Rick Dias
- RX-78-2 (re-release with Gundam Hammer)
- Kampfer
- Master Gundam
- Zaku II (make sure you get the standard green one, Char's Zaku II is actually an inferior mold with shitty ankle range)

Enjoy em, they're pretty amazing. Oh, and if you weren't aware, they sort of have a BAF-type scheme to tempt you into buying entire waves. The thing you build differs--sometimes it's a little hangar base, once it was a trailer, once it was a Loto, once it was even a Ball! Usually, these things are constructed out of pieces of the display stands. Recently though, they seem to have ditched the BAF gimmick and concentrated on providing really good stands instead. Which I'm ok with. The new clear stands are way nicer than what they used to give us before.
>>
The Destiny was a disappointment, but the Freedom VS Destiny pack fixed the problem.
>>
Omegamon looks good. But the Gundams you guys posted looks like shit probably because of all the detail left unpainted.

I really want Omegamon now.
>>
>>5313676
B
A
R
B A T O S
R
A
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.