[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am pretty sure you guys would be the authority on this so I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: super_deystroyer_SW_wallpaper.jpg (216 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
super_deystroyer_SW_wallpaper.jpg
216 KB, 1920x1200
I am pretty sure you guys would be the authority on this so I am asking you
What is the hottest star wars toy (or toy you can buy) that you could get at toys R us
>Working at toys r us to pay tuition
>Broke college student ~50$ to my name right now
>They give me a 10% store discount
>Barely giving me any hours right now(less than 12)

I was thinking about using that 10% discount and buying a few star wars toys and reselling them for profit, possibly in front of the movie theater next door to TRU on the opening day of the movie.
But obviously i can't take chances with this. I have to be able to move this product after its brought immediately. So what should I be looking at purchasing for resale?
Is there another way to exploit this 10% discount?
>>
>>5313109
DIE SCALPER!!!!!!
>>
>buying toys to resell them

Do yourself a favor: use that money on food.
>>
Hey man, nice bait thread, already catching people getting angry that you want to scalp!
>>
>>5313109
You do realize that not only will your expendable ass get fired if they even think you're doing something like that, but it can also count as theft if they care enough to prosecute you, right?

If you're so broke you're willing to do all this work for a few extra dollars, I doubt getting fired will help your situation, and I doubt even more that you can afford an attorney.
>>
>>5313109
You want to focus your efforts on the Finn (Jakku) and Chewbacca figures. These two are extremely rare and hard to find. Many people are having trouble finding them, so they'd be the biggest sellers. Avoid the Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma figures as nearly everyone and their dog has one.
>>
>>5313109

Lol what a dipshit.

Save the money, buy food and stop fucking around. Get on with your Gender Studies.
>>
File: top_hat_guy.jpg (420 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
top_hat_guy.jpg
420 KB, 1536x2048
>>5313140
>>5313152
I am just looking to make some extra cash man

>>5313154
Why would they fire me for using my 10% discount (Not even store wide only some products. The cheap cunts) and no matter what I am getting fired on the 24th because
>lol you want part time work no but we have a seasonal position
I had to lie on my resume just to get this job anyway(And they have only given me ~12 hours a week). And I tried my local TRU first and they didn't hire me. Its all just an indicator the economy fucking sucks that a undergrad can't find entry level employment.

But I will take into account that its not as lucrative as I would expect and maybe forgetting about it altogether
And how is it illegal to resell off of a 10% discount.

>>5313179
Its a fucked situation but if I don't get the 2k to pay back to my school they are going to send me to collections and the interest is crazy high. And I won't be able to take any classes until its paid off.
>EE degree btw

>>5313156
I can't tell if trolling. I see way to many wookie figurines and I am not sure about any of the other characters.
A bunch of collectors came in the other day and said
>"Hasbro really messed up the figures, they only have 5 points of articulation"
They didn't buy any, but it gave me the idea for resell
>>
>>5313231
Have you tried doing something like calling up the school and trying to work out something like smaller payments over a longer period? Or did you do something stupid like miss a bunch of payments?
>>
File: Finn TFA BS.jpg (180 KB, 1276x601) Image search: [Google]
Finn TFA BS.jpg
180 KB, 1276x601
second this >>5313156, concentrate your efforts in Finn, is a winner, this figure goes for insane prices in Ebay, pic related.
>>
>>5313231
You see many wookie figures? Are you the one that's trolling? I'll buy off you.
email: [email protected]
shoot me one when you get the chance
>>
>>5313109
>But obviously i can't take chances with this
Buying to resell is against TRU policy. Don't do it next door to your job.

>>5313231
>no matter what I am getting fired on the 24th
If they see you're doing well they could decide to keep you on. That said, things get dead slow for the next few months. But if all you do is stand around with your thumb up your ass, waiting for someone to tell you what to do or hide in the back posting on 4chan from your phone, then yeah, expect to get fired.
>>
General rule of thumb is to get >30% profit. 10% just doesn't seem reasonable for the effort.
>>
>Broke college student needs to pay 2K in tuition by the end of the month but his work won't give him any hours.
>The answer to his dilemma it obviously the low-profit, high-risk world of toy scalping!

This sounds like a bad comedy movie.
>>
>>5313231
>A bunch of collectors came in the other day and said
>>"Hasbro really messed up the figures, they only have 5 points of articulation"
Alright, you tipped your hand a little too far
>>
>>5313231
>I am just looking to make some extra cash man

Get a better job.

Scalpers are scum.
>>
>>5313109
Ok , this is no joke , you need to walk away from that toy r us job now. Go find a better job .
Go apply at Fedex , Ups, or Usps. It's the holidays so it'll be easy as hell to get hired,
They pay better , all have entry level job that's easy to get into and they all have a tuition assistance program. Fedex will pay up to $3000 of your tuition per year , UPS will pay $2500 , not sure about Usps since they changed a lot . And they all have other benefits and discounts that you can use in your daily life . Like discount plane tickets , movie tickets , cell phone bills, 75% off shipping discounts (personal use, not to make money , they will fire you if cought)

If you can't get in those you can try other shipping or delivery companys

But really working at toys r us is worse than working at a fast food place .

Good luck .
>>
>>5313277
My school wants at least 650$ before they even start a payment program. And they told me they would want 250$ bi weekly afterward. So either way I need the money rather soon.

>>5313294
>>5313286
They have that exact one on the shelf (Finn). I would have to check the price though. Maybe by friday I'll send some pictures of them and we could work something out.

>>5313322
>hide in the back posting on 4chan from your phone, then yeah, expect to get fired.
I never use my phone while on the floor. But I know that all the seasonal people get laid off on the 24th because the guy who has been there for 4 years told me ahead of time. And actually I am usually anxious to do something because I get bored standing around talking to every other odd customer(That or restocking).

>>5313345
If you make any money I want a cut

>>5313364
I am dead serious thats what the guy said

>>5313447
I started looking for jobs in august and It took me forever to get this one.
I tried to work at UPS, but the nearest facility they had was inaccessible without a car (I can't even afford lessons.)
>inb4 not having a car
My city has a pretty good public transit system, but suddenly everything needs a car now and I am in an even shittier situation
>>
>>5313286
Wait what sizes should I be looking at?
>>
>>5313694
Those guys are trolling you, get some 6 inches BS Captain Phasma or Kylo Ren instead.
>>
>>5313690
It's not about a car , it's about having a driver licenses , . That is one of the top to do list at the end of high school before college . Some jobs won't even hire you if you don't have a DL. Add that to your list once you take care of your 2k. You can also look up labor /mover jobs , or look for temp jobs , they should have tons right now due to the season . If there's a convention center in your city you can look for event jobs there too , then there's the airport , many jobs there too . Look up temp agency in your area and summit your resume with them and they will try to hook you up with a job since they get a cut of your pay , which you will still earn more than toys r us. Work at Starbucks, petes coffee , etc.
Do your research online to improve your interview skills. When all else fails join the military, no joke,
>>
>>5313819
>Canttellwhostrollingwho.jpg

I'll look into buying a few and reselling it on ebay for a quick profit. But I am so out of the loop with this niche product.

>>5313838
I feel like I am at the end of my wits here, because I am already with a temp agency and they have not called me since I filled out the paper work. Even after I called them they still didn't answer back.

I can't focus most days because I worry about all this money I owe

>Join the military
I wish man I really wish I could, medical issue

>tfw caught between a rock and a hard place
>>
>>5313109
Hey loser, how are you going to sell toys outside of a theater without looking like a total creep? Why the hell would people by figures from some weirdo standing outside a theater. Jesus this is stupid.
>>
bumpity
>>
>>5313690
>Doesn't even have a drivers license

I don't know if you noticed or not, but on nearly every resume to all but the shitiest of jobs they specifically ask you if you have a reliable form of transportation and what it is. Some even ask directly if you have a drivers license.

This should be one of your big priorities to have taken care of before graduation.
>>
File: opisofuckingstupid.jpg (6 KB, 141x357) Image search: [Google]
opisofuckingstupid.jpg
6 KB, 141x357
>>5313109

realize part time minimum wage job and 10% discount off of already marked up merchandise won't get you anywhere
>>
>>5313286
You're fucking joking, right? I see nothing but Finns everywhere.
>>
File: 046.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
046.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>5313294
>>5313819
Yeah OP here just had another uneventful day at work. Shit sucks and I am completely screwed.
>18 days left in the seasonal hiring craze
>Working at fucking toys R us
>A bunch of collectors obviously came in and brought every fucking Kylo Ren and captain phasma
>One captain was left but the box was beat to shit and broken
>And pic related one wookie left who's box was also beat to shit
>Finn's for days
This thread was an act of desperation. I even asked some dude(He worked at FedEx) who came into the store after helping him if FedEx was hiring. Broke the news that it was to late. just fuck my shit up tbqhfam

>>5315572
I guess I got away with it for so long because NYC public transit
>inb4 durr living in NYC
>Expecting to survive
Born here so rent and food isn't to much of a worry, I am basically N_ET(seasonal barely counts as employment).
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 640x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 640x416
>>5317897
That thumb...that nail.

Dumbass, brokeass scalper had to be nigger.
>>
this was a good thread
>>
>>5317927
>nigger.
Lol what

>>5318315
Glad you're amused in my pain
>>
>Barely giving me any hours
Find a second job preferably with meals included.
>>
>>5313690
>My school wants at least 650$ before they even start a payment program. And they told me they would want 250$ bi weekly afterward. So either way I need the money rather soon.

There is no way in hell you can only owe $2000 to your school and have them in a position where THIS is your repayment plan.

Dude, I owed like $50K in student loans, and even they weren't this demanding.

I've never even heard of them demanding money up front (the $650) nor have I heard of them asking for that much "Bi-weekly." Which I assume you mean "Bi-monthly," since bi-weekly means twice a week.

Actual student loans have all sorts of deferment, forbearance, and hardship options for you if you talk to them.

If you're in this bad of dire straights, it sounds like these "student" loans you own are shady as shit, or they're already in collections and they're at your throat.

Reselling a few figures isn't going to help you out, as others have mentioned. Even the couple of rare-ish SW figures in the Black series line isn't going to bring you in much of any "profit."
>>
>>5317897
Fedex hires year round , not just for the holidays . All you need to do is go to the Fedex website , look on the bottom for careers, click on that and then start your search in all the entry position available. Express has better pay than ground
Since you have non driver licenses you can only apply for jobs that don't require driving . They are scanners and handlers. Interview ,drug test and background check will take at least 2 weeks . The shifts will depends on what facility you are working at. At a hub , there's shifts around the clock since it's a 24hour operation, but at a station it normal early mornings or evening .
>>
>>5313109
The only thing that will noticeably appreciate would be the Lego UCS sets, and you'll have to wait a couple of years to see profit.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.