[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There has been an awakening
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
So many Star Wars toys- it will be funny if Episode 7 sucks and target has 3 hallways of leftover BB-8 stuff.
>>
File: lucas.jpg (13 KB, 245x357) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
13 KB, 245x357
>the target audience for all this shit, kids, will be able to determine whether the movie sucks or not
>>
>>5309427
kids these days prefer nonsense video games its why /v/ is more popular than here :)
>>
>>5309427
... yeah. Pretty much. Two of my nephews and my niece are already losing their shit over the toys and have put a bunch on their Christmas lists. Their parents and I have been discussing the fact that when we were kids, toys didn't come out until after movies launched, and kids were hyped up by what they saw. Now it's the reverse, to get the kids excited about the movie.

Complete with spoilers they can't or won't read on the backs of boxes.
>>
>>5309419
Anyone know of Kmart is restocking the exclusive kylo ren black series figure
>>
Is B-8 the new Jarjar?
>>
>>5309443
Finn is the new JarJar.
>>
>>5309436
>kids these days prefer nonsense video games its why /v/ is more popular than here :)
The. Kiss should have their filthy video game shit swatted from their hands, have them crushed and destroyed in front of their faces, and have glorious toys shoved down their throats!
>>
>>5309455
Fuck off Greg
>>
File: 1444332834289.jpg (32 KB, 453x308) Image search: [Google]
1444332834289.jpg
32 KB, 453x308
>>
File: 1448824471407.jpg (26 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1448824471407.jpg
26 KB, 693x693
>tfw the original movies sucked but the EU it spawned via vidya and other things was GOAT
>tfw hoping for the same thing this time around so to justify neo-stormtroopers in my collection

Who am I kidding? It's Disney. Just look what they did to Marvel Comics.
>>
>>5309439
Didn't Kenner release a Boba Fett via mail-in (released before movie came out) and that's how he got a kickstart in popularity? Could be wrong as it has been a while.
>>
>>5313612
Possibly? But wider releases for toys before the movies are released is a pretty new thing, so far as I can remember.
>>
File: 23063156401_6f4ae4837b_z.jpg (161 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
23063156401_6f4ae4837b_z.jpg
161 KB, 640x640
On the topic of Star Wars toys, when did these guys lose swivel/hinge shoulder articulation? I only ever got a Marvel one before and he could move his shoulders just fine, but I was real disappointed to find that Maul only has swivel shoulders.
>>
>>5314841
Are you 5 years old? Who in the fuck would buy that? Someone mouse-minded, that's who
>>
>>5309564
Quesada fucked up Marvel LONG before Disney got hold of them.
>>
Am I the only one kinda grossed out by all this Star Wars stuff? It's fucking everywhere, and you know it's not gonna stop when the first movie comes out. We're being bombarded by Star Wars shit, like Disney is trying to cram a positive association down our throat. "Look, it's Star Wars! Lightsabers and Darth Vader and Chewbaca! You love Star Wars! It's Star Wars! You love Star Wars! You love Star Wars!"
>>
>>5315021
same here, found an old vhs tape of a New Hope while cleaning the house, fond memories came back and I soon remembered how everything is flooded with star wars, the overexposure gets annoying pretty quickly
>>
>>5314841
If you look closely you can still make out the elbow swivel on Maul's left arm.
>>
File: 1419230427223.png (620 KB, 684x520) Image search: [Google]
1419230427223.png
620 KB, 684x520
>>5309564
>original movies sucked
>but the EU was GOAT
>>
>>5309564
Are you 15?
Only 18+ can post in 4chan.
>>
>>5315058
He's talking about the shoulder.
>>
Are ebay sellers from china automatically bootleg sellers?
>>
>>5315861
not all, but most of them are
>>
>>5315021
Between the commercials for shitty SW prequels and Peter Jackson's Lord of the Fanfics movies, I basically gave up watching broadcast TV ten years ago.
>>
>>5315021
Yes, it's fucking ridiculous Jesus Christ. I don't care about some stuff here and there, but it's getting so bad.

>>5315896
Hmm is there a huge difference in quality? I got a Boba Fett from China for like 23 bucks. Pictures looked identical to black series one
>>
Please. Back in '99 fans still bought Episode 1 shit despite how badly that sucked. I can't imagine this being worse than that.
>>
>>5315021

Dude that's why they bought it.

After literally decades of chasing the little boy market starting with Black Hole the franchise was finally solicited so they couldn't say no. It's not like Marvel who was up for pennies after two bankruptcies.
>>
I'd like to see an inexpensive bb-8 that still rolls accurately. If i dont end up buying it for some reason, id still like to see all those companies innovate or half-ass one up.
>>
>>5315021
Ugh, yes.
>>
>>5316093
We're already being drowned in a sea of Finns.
>>
>>5316182
stop being cheap and buy the remote controlled one
>>
>>5316093
there was a huge gap between ot and pt. nt is just a cash gran with no redeeming values other than new lego parts
>>
Will there ever be a Phasma that´s as shiny and chrome as the movie version or have all manufacturers unanimously decided to make her pearlsilver as to not draw attention to their laziness?

>>5316200
> new Lego parts

Chewies crossbow, X-Wign canopy, permed fros, Allahu Ackbar masks, countless helmets.

It isn´t worth it IMO.
>>
>>5316200
There's this video where two schlubs predict the plot of the new movie based off the trailer and the poster, and I watched it with a growing sense of dread.
They're completely right, it's just gonna be "it's like poetry, it rhymes" retread of the original movies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oifhpT0HZ7Q
>>
>>5316182
At least buy the Hasbro remote control one if you're going to be such a poorfag.
>>
>>5316303

The upcoming Bandai kit is chromed, like 3pO was.

And there's the big 12"(??) 5poa one which is also chromed and has factory worker prints all over the torso.
>>
>>5316182
>>wants quality but doesn't want to pay for it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.