[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
diecast car storgage and purpose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10
File: beehive.jpg (1 MB, 2129x3194) Image search: [Google]
beehive.jpg
1 MB, 2129x3194
Howdy, let me tell you a story, but first the tldr part because it may bore you.

>Best ways to store ho-twheels/matchbox cars loose/in packaging
>Are they going to be worth anything in our lifetimes
>Why boxes/why not
>Example of $$$

Now for my story that when I thought about made me think.

>Be spoilt brat
>mummy and daddy always got me hotwheels I always wanted with the odd matchbox
>Stored the great majority in a 42LTR sub loose
>Most are scratched/damaged
>Kept faves displayed out in the open and in relatively good condition
>Then moved to draw, loose
>One was a special commemorative car that I kept in its boxed smothered in bubble wrap
>Years pass by and old enough to buy my own shit
>found all the "good" cars in draw
>Turns out my memory was so shit they shared the draw with some socks
>One HW original, some phantom think, all mirrored chromed, scratched to fuck
>find gutted remains of commemorative car behind draw
>little brother responds "you don't keep toys in those things do you, shouldn't you play with them?
>Rage
>Forgot about them again
>5 years into current job decide to walk into toy aisle of super market
>See hotwheels
>Fall in love with darth vader's car
>Start again

In the last month I bought about 20 of the little guys, mostly bought with discounts.

Reason why I'm thinking is I only allocated a draw for them (the boxed ones, good ones are long gone, must be out with the spider infested shed) and its full, worst part is one I bought out of impulse 3 weeks ago has a hole in the box (war machine marvel 16) and about to gut him out since the box is worthless now, its not the draw that done the box in because its a stab mark and I'm pretty sure the cards of these boxes can't pierce the plastic shells, least not without damaging the cardboard backings themselves...

I know they're my things, but what does the majority say, open them up and save space or keep them boxed like a hoarded and sell them later down the line when the economy hits the shit?
>>
Drawer, you illiterate, long-winded shitfuck.

Drawer
noun draw·er \ˈdrȯ(-ə)r\
a box that slides into and out of a piece of furniture (such as a desk) and that is used to store things

Draw
verb \ˈdrȯ\
: to make (a picture, image, etc.) by making lines on a surface especially with a pencil, pen, marker, chalk, etc., but not usually with paint
: to cause (attention) to be given to someone or something
: to cause (someone or something) to come : to attract (someone or something)
>>
File: bad comedy.jpg (25 KB, 552x470) Image search: [Google]
bad comedy.jpg
25 KB, 552x470
>>5306983
>You used the wrong word!
>So I'm going to join 2 words together as a form of insult!
>>
>>5306993
This is the best you ca do to defend yourself?
Ass.
>>
>>5307006
>This is the best you ca do to defend yourself?

Heh
>>
>>5306954
You tried, OP. You really did.
>>
File: smilee..gif (185 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
smilee..gif
185 KB, 600x338
>>5306983
>shitfuck
>>
File: CCase_Ins1.jpg (262 KB, 553x414) Image search: [Google]
CCase_Ins1.jpg
262 KB, 553x414
>>5306954
Get one of those cases with the trays.
>>
>>5306954
>>little brother responds "you don't keep toys in those things do you, shouldn't you play with them?
>Rage

It's always the Hot Wheels guys...
>>
>>5306954
sounds like you get your buzz off the thrill of the purchase/using your disposable income. They're not going to be worth anything unless it's a treasure hunt. Even then years down the road they won't be worth more than $20 each.

also you said
>sell them later down the line when the economy hits the shit?

are you serious? you think hot wheels will survive economic collapse? everyone will be broke but they will still want to collect $1 toy cars?
>>
>>5308694
i didn't completely finish my thought

sounds like you get your buzz off the thrill of the purchase/using your disposable income rather than actually having a collection and enjoying looking at it/displaying.
>>
>>5308696
>>
File: 1442343753218.gif (109 KB, 205x260) Image search: [Google]
1442343753218.gif
109 KB, 205x260
>>5308694

Lucky you. Down here in Mexico we have store hoarders..

Remember the Homer POS casting? We got people who would pay stores to allow them into the storage facility to go through Mattel Boxes before being displayed in store, pick out casting people were looking forward to, and then resell them for 3x the prize.

Homer? Yup, 25 USD.
Delorean? Yup, 10 bucks.
Buggatti? YUP, 50 bucks.

Ain't even done yet. If you ever saw the Mastretta casting, it was a piece of fucking shit on par to some mcdonalds toys from the 90's. 60 fucking dollars because it was a Mexican car.

List goes on and on. I actually collect HW's from 2001 to 1969 and people get offended when I sell mint cars with actual value for 30 usd.

Kill me.
>>
>>5308745
why 69-2001?
>>
>>5308750

2001 was the last year HW did good quality castings, its historic value was still good.
>>
File: Hoarding.jpg (317 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Hoarding.jpg
317 KB, 1440x1080
>>5308745
>hoarders
That word doesn't mean what you think it means. You are looking for the world "scalper" The photo I attached is what a hoarder does.

I also don't understand what relevance your post has to do with mine that you replied too, my point was, saving TOYS as your insurance policy for economic crisis is STUPID. Hobbies are the first thing people forget about when they are broke.
>>
File: trash stacking.jpg (191 KB, 747x1070) Image search: [Google]
trash stacking.jpg
191 KB, 747x1070
>>5309065
this is a better image for hoarding
>>
>>5308699
where can i get this? My dad collects these cars
>>
File: all is lost.png (259 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
all is lost.png
259 KB, 550x550
>>5306954
>draw

Shit, triggered. How do you even make this mistake?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.