[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought an elf on the shelf so I could totally do some fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: ELVES.png (136 KB, 522x271) Image search: [Google]
ELVES.png
136 KB, 522x271
So I bought an elf on the shelf so I could totally do some fun stuff for my kid and take some funny photography with the things i come up with...

...then apparently my wife thinks the one I got is 'too dark'

How do I exchange an elf on the shelf without looking like a blatant racist?
>>
if your wife has a problem with it then she should be the one to return it
>>
Just exchange it. People exchanged them all the damn time when I worked at b&n because nobody could be assed to actually check and see which they were getting.
>>
>>5305747
this. let her look like the racist she is
>>
Does a brown elf hit too close to home,with many toys in real life being made by brown kids in 3rd world countries?
>>
I think its funny
>>
>>5305721
Why in the fuck does she even care?
>>
Who cares? It's not like it's Santa who is supposed to be a white guy. Also, since your wife is a racist, you'd think the idea of a little brown worker would be ideal.
>>
Dang Elves coming into our houzes taking up our shelf space!
>>
Why waste your time trying to modify it because your wife bothered by a different skin color. Just return it.

Also why does it matter the toys skin color..it's a toy. That's some next level ignorance.
>>
Your wife sounds pretty cool, OP.
>>
File: chucky.jpg (94 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
chucky.jpg
94 KB, 612x612
>>5305721
'Too dark'

The first thing I thought, you mean the elf raped your dog and then eat his intestines.
>>
No way, all that trouble over the skin colour of a little toy?
Gotta be b8
>>5311332
Same, I thought they meant it looked too spooky at first
>>
>>5305721
Did you know your wife was racist before you married her?
>>
File: 2i92l4j.jpg (54 KB, 751x533) Image search: [Google]
2i92l4j.jpg
54 KB, 751x533
>>5305757
>check and see which they were getting
Are they in a box or something?

Also tell her to return it or something. Or just toss it out, it's not big deal. I'm guessing she means the darker toned elf stand out too much among the other elves.
>>
You married the right woman OP
>>
Another guy congratulating you for your wife, OP. But I'm totally serious.

You have no idea how many women I've met who are squishy SJWs at heart and how much I despised them for it.
Tell her you love her when you come back with your aryan elf.
>>
>>5313658
The ones we sold were part of a set of the elf toy (And it really is a cheap piece of dollar store shit) and the children's book in a box with a flip lid so you could see the insides. There was also a little sticker on the outside that specifically said what kind it was. But nobody ever really checked because they weren't aware there even were different kinds.
>>
>>5305721
Pro tip: you can't

Make your wife do it if she's the one offended!
>>
What the fuck is an Elf on the Shelf?
>>
>>5315025
It's a very clever scheme to make parents voluntarily condition their children for life in an Orwellian state, so they think constant surveillance is normal and beneficial.

They buy this creepy doll, apparently now tailored to their preferred race, then tell their kid that it's watching them constantly and reporting to Santa so that anything they do will have consequences. Nice behavior will definitely be rewarded because the elf on the shelf saw you do it, but naughty behavior will be punished. Ultimately the kid will realize the elf is just a toy and how they act around it won't matter, as long as their parents don't find out, and when they grow up the cameras on lamp posts around town will be similarly dismissed, accepted, and ignored.
>>
>>5315441
The point of surveillance cameras isn't to get people to act good since they know they're being watched?
>>
File: 14488000951610.jpg (76 KB, 600x546) Image search: [Google]
14488000951610.jpg
76 KB, 600x546
>>5311332
>The first thing I thought, you mean the elf raped your dog and then eat his intestines.
Same thing.
I dont know may be its because im 32 and grew up with horror movies. But there is no way i would tolerate a cunt that thinks Elf on a shelf is too fucking dark.
>>
File: 14484118444820.jpg (163 KB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
14484118444820.jpg
163 KB, 1124x1024
>>5305721
Also why the fuck you would exchange that elf just because your wite thinks its a nigger.
Dont your have your own opinion?
Who paid for it? You or your wife?
Why wouldnt you tell her that the elf is ok and you dont need to return him?
>>
>>5315449
It's supposed to be. I think >>5315441 is saying that it doesn't work when things like Sh/Elf dilute the "always watching" to "as long as you don't get caught".
>>
>>5315441
You forgot the part where it's been called "A Christmas Tradition"ever since it came out in....2005.

Yeah, it's only a decade old and it was marketed as a tradition from the start. It's really just to get you to buy a dollars worth of cloth and a thin children's book for $30.
>>
File: 14448444304602.jpg (188 KB, 1218x1024) Image search: [Google]
14448444304602.jpg
188 KB, 1218x1024
>>5315492
also shit i thought she means that elf is scary and looks like evil clown or something.
Hahahaha.
i had no idea she actually means that elfs i a black person
>>
File: 20151201_172637.jpg (798 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151201_172637.jpg
798 KB, 2048x1152
Creepy black dolls you say?
>>
>>5315492
>But there is no way i would tolerate a cunt that thinks Elf on a shelf is too fucking dark.
This is 4chan now, and it's fucking depressing.
>>
>>5305721
Sure. The "wife."
Kek
>>
That damn song is stuck in my head.
THE ELF ON THE SHELF
THE ELF ON THE SHELF
THE ELF ON THE SHELF
THE ELF ON THE SHELF
THE ELF ON THE SHELF
>>
>>5311332
That's because you have white privilege. Must be nice been able to be blind when it comes to race.
>>
>>5315537
Liberals are way more spooky than Chuck TBRH FAMPAI.
>>
>>5305721
>So I bought an elf on the shelf so I could totally do some fun stuff for my kid
End of story. Your wife can go be sensitive somewhere else.
>>
>>5306121
lol'd
>>
>>5305721
>go to store
>hi i bought this x days ago but I needed the blue eyes version, can I exchange it?
If they call you a racist, call them an anti-white.
>>
>>5305721
>black elves at the north pole
how
>>
>>5315501
There was also a movie. The elves in it look marginally less creepy than the dolls.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1jpzpicDW0
>>
>>5319470
>elf girl bends over and sticks her butt out
Oh my
>>
>>5315511
aren't babies just creepy in general
>>
File: tryant babby.jpg (180 KB, 692x618) Image search: [Google]
tryant babby.jpg
180 KB, 692x618
>>5315511
BLOOD FOR NOSGOTH
>>
>>5305721
You bought it to have some fun with your kid and to take pictures with it.
If your wife thinks she has to complain about something like the skincolor make sure she is the one who exchanges it.
Better stand behind her and make sure she says "because it's too dark and I want a proper white elf" loud enough that everyone can hear her.

Honestly, is she always like that?
It's a fucking toy and I doubt your kid will mind.
>>
>>5313712
I returned it and told them the thing had red eyes and it creeps us out. The girl at the counter agreed.

My wife also thinks that women shot themselves in the foot with women's rights movement because it is eroding family.

She said after that she didn't care if we kept the darker skin one and I was the one who wanted to return it. Lol.
>>
>>5319820
*exchanged
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.