[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your experience with foreign used sites, /toy/? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: CANT STOP.jpg (24 KB, 400x275) Image search: [Google]
CANT STOP.jpg
24 KB, 400x275
What's your experience with foreign used sites, /toy/? I found stuff I really want on mandarake for good prices, but I'm apprehensive about ordering it because there's no pictures of what I'm getting and the descriptions are minimal at best.
>>
>>5300679
yeah mandarake is pretty shitty, that's why nobody ever uses it.
>>
>>5300714
If you're not trolling, can you elaborate?

And how does it compare to something like Jungle?
>>
>>5302973
Anon you stupid son of a bitch, he is making fun of you.
I think the complexities of collecting Japanese toys might be too much for you, stick with whatever you can get at Walmart or Toys-R-Us or wherever.
>>
>>5300679
Mandarake is safe OP. I can't be bothered to explain, just fucking lurk more.
>>
I've bought used Robot Spirits Gundam figures off of AmiAmi with no problems so far.
>>
>>5300679
I ordered a SHF Kamen Rider from Rakuten a few years back and it went smoothly.
>>
>>5300679
They don't accept second hand shit that's messed up in any way. When they say "box damaged" they just mean the corners will have the type of scuffing that you'd see from normal shelf wear. You're literally safer blindly buying import figures from Mandarake than you are buying domestic items from a physical store and having the possibility that a swapper stole a tiny piece without you realizing it.

But I would agree with >>5303024 in that you need to lurk more. It's a thing we used to do back in the days of BBS and it helped make for smoother operations all around.
>>
Adding to whatever has been said, Mandarake sometimes doesn't mention item damage in the description.

This is anything but a common problem (I've ordered a shit load from them, and only had three figures with unmentioned paint damage on them)
>>
>>5302973
He is trolling. Mandy is usually considered to be more preferable to Jungle by most. They are similar, but the main thing about Mandarake is that their website hosts items from their many physical store locations, meaning if you see something you like in one store and something else in another, the shipping cannot be combined. With that said, they still have a very large inventory in general.

I think they usually end up being cheaper than Jungle for most things, and it seems like they are more strict about the quality of their items as well. Pretty much anything listed with small damages is almost perfect.
>>
>>5303169
Don't forget that jungle also carries an added 5% fee regardless of order size. Mandarake is only 500Y in added fees if your order is under 5000Y. For larger orders it just doesn't make sense to use jungle.
>>
>>5303173
That's true. Also you have the thing where Mandarake doesn't update their stock list immediately after sales, meaning there is a chance you may order an item that was already sold (no charge though).
>>
>>5300679
Mandarake's pretty good from the few times I've shopped there, of course all the toy stuff I bought there was unopened.

Just email and asked them about something if you're unsure about a toy or whatever else you're buying.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.