[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imaginext
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15
Who else here finds that this line is surprisingly fun? I'll be posting a few of the great things I've found, feel free to weigh in.
>>
File: 71Yel5AmaQS._SL1306_[1].jpg (131 KB, 1306x979) Image search: [Google]
71Yel5AmaQS._SL1306_[1].jpg
131 KB, 1306x979
Just picked up pic related off eBay, minus accessories. Wish I could have gotten a snake and some of the bat tokens, but I got it for about 26 bucks shipped, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Features on a fully loaded one include fold-up for carrying around(or creative scene setting), lights and sounds from the gorilla that also have him firing little bat tokens from his mouth, a trap cliff, a windable spider thread, and the straight sticks are there so you can stick a little helix-shaped snake on the top and watch it wind down it.
>>
File: 71ig2lLGXSL._SL1500_[1].jpg (160 KB, 1500x1292) Image search: [Google]
71ig2lLGXSL._SL1500_[1].jpg
160 KB, 1500x1292
>>5299428
And for those curious, it's called Gorilla Mountain, sorry about that. I'll be giving the names as I go.

Pic related is Tentaclor, which has a drop-down jaw that you can fit figures in, waving tentacles, light-up eye, basically a lot of personality packed into it. I've seen it on clearance a few places for $15, but haven't pulled the trigger.
>>
File: pTRU1-18527470enh-z6[1].jpg (121 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-18527470enh-z6[1].jpg
121 KB, 1000x1000
And here's the Battle Rover, which is just an insane piece of work. Removable saucer with firing discs, interactive bridge, bunch of little odds and ends and huge.

I managed to grab one for $20, keep your eyes open.
>>
And not everything has to be huge to be fantastic. This is the Crab Walker, which is just plain fun. Wonder why the claw is upside down, shouldn't the short bit go on the underside?
>>
File: 61joIqYO6PL._SL1500_[1].jpg (88 KB, 1500x600) Image search: [Google]
61joIqYO6PL._SL1500_[1].jpg
88 KB, 1500x600
>>5299440
Let's try that again with the image, shall we?
>>
File: 71yuCTywvRL._SL1500_[1].jpg (135 KB, 1500x1250) Image search: [Google]
71yuCTywvRL._SL1500_[1].jpg
135 KB, 1500x1250
Pirate sub. I use both this and >>5299441
in a Wind Waker diorama currently.
>>
File: fs-1894_1z[1].jpg (86 KB, 1432x791) Image search: [Google]
fs-1894_1z[1].jpg
86 KB, 1432x791
Last one I'll do for now, this one is the Battle Plan playset, which has two very nice set pieces for those of you looking to do 1/18 scale fantasy dioramas, a battle plan table with hidden gold reserves and a throne with a hidden removable treasure chest.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 450x450
I want to find the elf castle, and am super pissed that i cant find it anywhere, this line and TMNT have shit distribution.
>>
>>5299465
Fully aware, don't care. It's a great toyline and I'd rather show it off to /toy/ soldiers than worry about that. Once the Gorilla Mountain arrives, I'll see about getting some photos up over Thanksgiving.
>>
>>5299472
I've been getting the alien dudes. They're so much fun, bur honestly, buying toddler toys for myself feels like crossing the line.
>>
>>5299434
>I managed to grab one for $20
WOW, Lucky you
That's truly a cool behemoth
>>
>>5299508
The fact that they're designed for toddlers-young children put me off at first as well, but frankly the quality they provide and some of the clearance prices I've found them at just blow me away. That and the fact that they've got some great fun if you can get over the GIANT power-pad things they use for activating gimmicks. It's not as bad in the Space themes, but I've got to find a way to disguise them in the other themes for my own personal taste

>>5299510
Yeah, I just kind of gawked at the price when I saw it. Took me 2 weeks to actually buy the thing, simply because it's so huge and I'm living in a dorm currently.
>>
I love this line. It's the poop!
>>
File: 81Jx41Pc4+L._SL1500_[1].jpg (171 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81Jx41Pc4+L._SL1500_[1].jpg
171 KB, 1500x1500
Another playset I might pick up is this, the Megazord. Given that I think Bandai scrapped their plans of a semi-transforming behemoth version of this guy, this'd have to fill that void.
>>
>>5299559
I'm irritated that the big megazord figs don't combine. They're basically Tonka trucks, but hey, kids' toys.
>>
File: 2226520_ALT2[1].jpg (54 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2226520_ALT2[1].jpg
54 KB, 500x500
>>5299560
The Mighty Morphin, DC themes are clearly trying to appeal to older fans. However, that does not change that the location of the Imaginexts and their suggested age range is 3-8, nor does it change that Imaginexts in their marketing are always shown with toddlers-small children.

That does not mean that people of all ages cannot enjoy them, it just means that those are the primary market, and the designs are made to match.

Please do not be belligerent about something that is utterly factual but counter to your desire.
>>
>>5299572
Yeah, I certainly felt a bit sad but unsurprised by it. Still, they'd make for great custom fodder, I suppose
>>
File: DSCN1518.jpg (505 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1518.jpg
505 KB, 1000x750
Here's a photo of the Battle Rover. The little blocky guys crawling all over it are some Cuboids I got from Dragon Con at about a buck per figure, and Strongarm's from Transformers should anyone not know.
>>
>>5299418
Their toys always look like fun to me. A lot of it is clearly inspired by toylines from my childhood, like Dino Riders. The design is too cartoony or simplistic for me, though.
>>
File: The_Big_Dummy[1].jpg (34 KB, 300x538) Image search: [Google]
The_Big_Dummy[1].jpg
34 KB, 300x538
>>5300218
Given the 'kid friendly' nature, I'd not expect Pyg or Black Mask. Ventriloquist&Scarface might be good, though I'd expect something like pic related, where Ventriloquist is a regular figure, Scarface as a mech with action features, and maybe an item-sized version that's stuck inside the head or heart of the mech and gets flung out when you punch it right.
>>
>>5300373
>They could do black maska nd professor pyg, but just mot bring up any of their more violent exploits on the package

You mean the same as they've done with Joker and Two-Face for several decades now?
>>
File: 81u7hHUbjOL._SX425_.jpg (21 KB, 425x309) Image search: [Google]
81u7hHUbjOL._SX425_.jpg
21 KB, 425x309
I dont know why this tank has claws or if it can even practically use them, but I still always imagine it can punch things by doing donuts
>>
>>5299559
I grabbed one of these for my 5 year old, she absolutely loves it. I collect old Jumbo Machinders and it mixes really well with them.
>>
I wanted to find a good review of the RC Batbot because it's a really amazing toy, but holy shit I found this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBVBAZI-X6E

>"Hey look, The Joker! He's in a space ship."
>Joker pummels Batman with an absurd fuckton of flying discs
>"Woah...oh! Batrobot, change, hurry!"
>"...The Joker's in a space ship! You better try to save him!"
>>
>>5301469
Yeah, that guy's 'play' sections are embarrassing as hell, but his actual review sections are ok. I think it's an old guy.
>>
>>5301783
So, is he like "senile", or something?
>>
>>5302246
Chances are that he's making the videos with kids in mind, given that the line is for young ages. Frankly, I'm unshocked by it and just skip over any parts that are 'play' or mute it, as my main purpose with any video review is to see the toy in action. Picture reviews are preferred though.
>>
It's weird that these exist for essentially toddlers today but I like them.
>>
>>5301469

This one is even better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJtfHovBgTA

>Mr. Freeze BTFO
>Batman called Spider-man out of nowhere
>The cringey Strawberry Shortcake bit
>>
>>5302392
are they really any worse than the rotocast Bandai toys of the 90s?

Hell, a lot of the Bandai US figures the past few years have been letdowns too.
>>
>>5302524
I think the other anon was speaking positively regarding the Imaginext figures.
>>
>>5302536
and I was agreeing by calling the "better" Bandai versions equal to terrible by comparison.
>>
File: pTRU1-20618611_alternate1_dt.jpg (56 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pTRU1-20618611_alternate1_dt.jpg
56 KB, 500x500
>>5302392
Yeah, I see this play set everyday and wonder why they used the original american series, when it's for kids who barely even know what the current series is.
>>
>>5302559
Imaginext has been full of throwback stuff. The only odd part is that Mattel won't make a MOTU line when they've had more than a few toys based on MOTU 80s stuff- but with MOTU Mega Blocks under consideration, that may change. I can understand no Barbie or MH, since Imaginext is mostly aimed at boys. But hell, even that might change, they just need a girl branding to sell an extra subline.

There was a Metal Slug tank, some Dino Riders stuff, a 2-piece blue monster based on an old Kenner Ghostbusters toy, the list goes on. I think the line is just handled by a bunch of toy designers who miss the old days.
>>
>>5302559
>for kids who barely even know what the current series is.

So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter anwyays lol. Also it's the best design.
>>
I think they have the best blindbags.

They provide easy codes, great price, and the figures are fucking awesome.

Way more bang for your buck than the Lego and megablocks blindbags in my opinion.
>>
>>5302559
It's because the people that grew up on it are the gift-showering grandparents now.
>>
>>5303165
>grandparents
If you 'grew up on it', that assumes that you were younger than 18 when it was running. Assuming 17.99 on first air date in 1993, they'd only be 40 right now.

That's not to say it's impossible, but that's a tight timeline, given that the average age of parents is 26.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.