[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, what are some good board games to play with friends
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11
File: games.jpg (21 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
games.jpg
21 KB, 276x183
Hey guys, what are some good board games to play with friends ? Also where can i get some for cheap, the games at the store are expensive as all fuckity
>>
>>>/tg/ might be where you meant this to go. That said, depends on the friends. Are you planning on making this the focus of the night or is this supposed to take up 30min-1hr?
>>
But they have no articulation. And aren't imported from Japan. So /toy/ doesn't care.
>>
File: pic343127[1].jpg (32 KB, 308x500) Image search: [Google]
pic343127[1].jpg
32 KB, 308x500
Despite OP apparently abandoning thread, what are some /toy/ worthy games? I'm talking about feature-filled ones like Mousetrap or ones that are almost a playset in and of themselves like the Akator Temple Race game(pic related).
>>
File: 13 dead.jpg (291 KB, 1024x797) Image search: [Google]
13 dead.jpg
291 KB, 1024x797
>>529677213 dead end drive was fucking goat
>>
File: blogmasterpieceusfull.jpg (214 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
blogmasterpieceusfull.jpg
214 KB, 1024x768
masterpiece was pretty good, i wish it had more to it though, its always over too fast
>>
>>5296793
Yeah, I remember wanting it. I think they remade it but worse, didn't they?
>>
File: image-98130-full.jpg (101 KB, 560x473) Image search: [Google]
image-98130-full.jpg
101 KB, 560x473
Mobile Frame Zero is a simple tabletop wargame meant for custom built lego bots. You gotta take some time to build everything first, but games pass at a fairly decent clip.
>>
Anything that takes longer than 12 seconds to explain how to play will go over their heads

Also avoid elimination games
>>
>>5296739
just get a deck of cards.
>>
>>5296772

I always loved Hero Quest aka DND Light.

Also Battle Masters.
>>
File: Crash Canyon.jpg (184 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Crash Canyon.jpg
184 KB, 500x373
>>5296772
>>
>>5296739
Go to goodwill or salvation army - they sometimes have toys like these. Thing is - i'm not always sure if a lot of them are complete.

I personally wanna buy >>5296793 Dead end Drive - wasnt able to get it as a kid due to me being an only child and my parents hating board games.
>>
>>5297094
I want that game too... I loved playing if as a kid but seeing it on board James reminded me how much fun it was
>>
Not sure what it is about today's board games - but they are definitely stretching the meaning of board and game.

Lots of stuff seems to be centered around food now.. This game seems like a good market ploy to sell whip cream.
>>
just get a bottle of Jack and a deck of cards........no good memories ever started with 'I was playing chutes and ladders....'
>>
>>5296772
Forbidden Bridge
>>
File: pie face box.jpg (239 KB, 1600x1226) Image search: [Google]
pie face box.jpg
239 KB, 1600x1226
>>5297122
>today's board games
That game is old though.
>>
>>5297184
I had forgotten this.
I wish I had still forgotten it, because it was awesome and it goes for more than it should on ebay.
>>
File: 81G4-VatF8L._SL1500_[1].jpg (259 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81G4-VatF8L._SL1500_[1].jpg
259 KB, 1500x1500
Just picked up the Shark Mania board game specifically because it looks like a great little playset piece. As a game though, it needs some work, such as:
>The die should have been in a pop-o-matic, less stress from having to chase the die after someone throws it
>The fact that the track is completely straight with no bends or curves is a bit saddening, as the string affords that mobility to the fin piece
>The ship halves cannot connect together, allowing for an alternative form of play for the users
>Gold pieces are unattractive on their flipped side

Also, I'm surprise they didn't include a function to stop the fin once it's started, though I'm actually in favor of it being 'once you start, there's no stopping'.
>>
File: StsDPWO.jpg (540 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
StsDPWO.jpg
540 KB, 3264x1836
>>5296772
I'd think the Small Soldiers game is /toy/ worthy.
Game based on a movie about toys
You play with figurines
>>
>>5300344
Holy shit they made a game?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.