[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Factory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 12
File: IMG_2705.jpg (320 KB, 1800x1728) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2705.jpg
320 KB, 1800x1728
Anyone else collect them? my Mr. Mouse just arrived.
>>
>>5288123
those are so flippin cool where do you get them
>>
>steam punk

no thank you
>>
Have they done more than Sheep and shitty rodent? I'd be interested in Snake if it gets made.

>>5288335
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ssn=mcdull_mcmug2010&rt=nc
>>
File: 20141222_fa2009.jpg (92 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
20141222_fa2009.jpg
92 KB, 600x400
>>5288335
They are tough to come by in the US other than a couple ebay posters. I have a contact that works with the company that would let me become the first American seller but I haven't committed yet because I don't know if there will be enough demand for it. Most pieces range from $260 to $360 (some have large sets like furniture or props like Mr. Sheep) The are also limited runs of around 300 or less, hand made by the artist.
>>
File: SteamFactory_02.jpg (460 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
SteamFactory_02.jpg
460 KB, 600x923
I converted from 3a to them as my hobby and have been pretty happy. The quality tramples 3a lately because these are actual leather and occasionally metal (tools, weapons, etc) They are also very well packed in custom cut foam vs the plastic packaging others use and they usually come with display stands or platforms showing the limited number that the specific piece is. They aren't the greatest in pose-ability without a stand for the figure though.
>>
They have multiple lines out as well like Dobbit and Rabbog along with the Chinese Zodiac (one for each of the animals, as mentioned snake sounds epic so does dragon)
>>
>>5288399
I like that one quite a bit more. The cat one looks weird around the neck and head. Cant tell if the head is too small or the neck is too large.
>>
>>5288399
I will note, on mr sheep his clippers work, his razor slides open as well. The level of detail on these is insane.
>>
Here are a lot of the other pieces and larger scale including a 1/1
>>
>>5288407
wouldn't leather disintergrate after 2 years?
>>
I'll dump some more stuff for you guys to see, I don't have all of the collection I just personally own 4 pieces/sets the older ones have been impossible to find for me.
>>
>>5288430
"It gets beautiful with its age. Good leather properly cleaned and polished should last a long, long time. There are saddles over 100 years old." (quick google) I guess it depends how well they treat it in production and how well you take care of it.
>>
>>5288433
Some 3A with a steam factory weapon set
>>
>>
>>
I dunno I find these pretty off putting. They aren't really anthro enough and instead they look like animal heads just plopped on completely human bodies.
>>
File: 20130703_0720db.jpg (60 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
20130703_0720db.jpg
60 KB, 533x800
>>5288463
That's exactly what they are, for some reason they just appealed to me with the kinda weird animal/steampunk/human thing. They did make one human figure though that I know of.
>>
These are pretty cool. Nice blend of beauty and the grotesque.
>>
>>5288430
Have you... Have you never owned a jacket?

Hell, I've seen Wyatt Earp's original holster at a Cowboy Action Shooting Society event, nearly two hundred years old and still stands up to use.
>>
Pretty neat looking. Though not in a scale I prefer, it's appealing to my love of steampunk somewhat. I'll probably just admire other people's collections.

I do appreciate that they actually went for functional looking mechanisms rather slapping gears over everything too.
>>
The sculpt, paint and cloth look amazing.
>>
>>5288339
>You saying no thank you to everything
No thank you
>>
>>5288123
That homless cat man looks neat
>>
So is there any way to order these besides eBay?
>>
Did he do one for Monkey? I didn't see anything on google
>>
Those eye goggle things that all the animals have; anyone know if they're removable? Haven't seen any pictures with them not wearing it.
I'd be all over that goat if it weren't for that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.