[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best Vader figure that comes with a cloth cape?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 91F7KnYnAEL._SL1500_.jpg (290 KB, 951x1500) Image search: [Google]
91F7KnYnAEL._SL1500_.jpg
290 KB, 951x1500
What's the best Vader figure that comes with a cloth cape?
I want the Figuarts but plastic capes are bullshit, so I'm leaning the Black Series despite all the bad talk /toy/ gives the line.
>>
mafex
>>
Just get the Figuarts and make a cloth cape for it.
>>
>>5285236
The Figuarts is also 63 dollars now.
>>
>>5285228
Bandai model kit with cloth cape.

That's the only correct answer.

Perfect proportions and best helmet.
>>
>>5285228
The Black Series is fine.
>>
Mafex, I suppose. Good height, wire cape, nice accessories. It's a little slim, though.
>>
>>5285329
>fagging out
Buy black series, it's a fine figure, mafex is also a good Vader.
>>
>be mafex
>make the best vader
>put it out a year after everyone else's vader is released and all your potential customers already have one that they're happy with
>>
>>5285456
is it? weren't the proportions super weird?
>>
>>5285486
yes, but some people like to ignore that things are meant to look good.
And boy, does this Vader look good! Look at how happy he looks!
>>
Been thinking about getting a somewhat cheap Vader.
How's the Revoltech for those who have him?
>>
>>5285495
So kawaii.
>>
Best Vader is Mafex Vader. Great sculpt, movie accurate, towers above the shfiguarts one and fits in good scale with the shfiguarts Luke. Advise get the Mafex(can be found cheap for 37ish) and then get the Shfiguarts Luke
>>
>>5285228

For the least amount of customizing effort while getting the most out of your purchase, get Mafex Vader. The cape feels like it's made out of some microfiber material so it doesn't look as floppy and bad as the Black Series.

The only real problem it has is the useless neck articulation (which makes him look "happy" because of the way he's looking up). Even then, that can easily fixed with a simple mod which you can find here: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=91009&start=195#p2842551

Tried it out myself. It worked wonders for his overall appearance and now he's my favorite Vader.
>>
File: vv.jpg (360 KB, 1280x874) Image search: [Google]
vv.jpg
360 KB, 1280x874
>>5285495
>>
>>5285486
Like was posted above, he's skinny. But realistically, every last Vader thus far has had a checklist of faults. The Mafex strikes a great balance as a whole, but if you find certain qualities of Vader to be more important than other aspects (i.e. mask sculpt more important than height, height more important than cape, cape more important than accessories, articulation more important than height) you can look at other options and find the more suitable Vader for your tastes.

Saying the Mafex is down and out the single best is disingenuous; instead, the Mafex should be considered the vanilla Vader choice in that it doesn't offend and blends both the size of western toys with the detailing of japanese toys. It's just a nice middle point to the Vader venn diagram. But if you want certain qualities in a Vader, you possibly need to move off of the vanilla option and get something else, and there's nothing wrong with that. You have 5 viable options at this point to choose from.

>>5286042
Cool mod but there's no way I'd risk messing up an import figure for such a small gain in articulation.
>>
>>5286069
>vanilla Vader

Sounds about right. It's basically the Vader that balances out the pros and cons.

>>5286042
First I've heard of it. I might actually give this mod a shot.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.