[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Transformers General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: hftd tomahawk.jpg (148 KB, 738x500) Image search: [Google]
hftd tomahawk.jpg
148 KB, 738x500
I sexually identify as an Apache attack helicopter edition.

Old thread:
>>5283025

How are Tomahawk, Generations Trailbreaker, and Generations Kup, guys?
>>
>>5284910
This dude looks baller as fuck. Need more TFs like this.
>>
>>5284910

I don't own Generations Kup, but I've heard people recommend him. Dunno about Toma/Trail though.

>>5284778

Just go to Amazon or eBay or something if you can't find it for MSRP man. Hot Spot isn't a big demand figure or *that* popular. You can find him for what he should cost, maybe even a bit less.
>>
>>5284910
I like Trailbreaker. Fun little figure. I usually don't buy repaints/remolds/retools of molds I already own, but I liked it enough to also get hoist. I like hoist more, but that's because I like the headsculpt and green is my favorite color. Plus the gun is neat.

With Trailbreaker you do get a useful shield.
>>
>>5284910

Tomahawk was beautiful. Love that mold, had to buy the Japanese DotM Vortex version of that back in the day, no regrets.
>>
>>5284949
This fandom is crazy sometimes, but sometimes it's also interesting.

I can not stand that mold. I can point out all the reasons why dislike it. The interesting thing though is that there are people who love it like you do and more power to you.

I like some molds people aren't fond of as well. I find PRID strongarm to be pretty fun.
>>
>>5285004
There's no Strongarm in Prime.
>>
>>5285027
You know what they meant.
>>
>>5285004
I would like to hear your reasons why you don't like tomahawk. Not even being sarcastic.
>>
>>5285028
No, I know what they said. I can guess what they meant. But not everyone else can, so it's worth calling out to avoid creating further confusion. I can also help correct them if it wasn't a typo, but misunderstanding of what the abreviation means.
>>
>>5285033
To make a long story short I felt he should've been a voyager. His size hindered things that Could've been solved By moving him up a class.
>>
I found cw magnus at retail,is he worth picking up?
>>
>>5285059
Yes. He has a hard time holding his weapons and no articulation in the wrists and waist. Otherwise really fun.
>>
File: MovieLongarm_Map.jpg (61 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
MovieLongarm_Map.jpg
61 KB, 600x600
So obscure movie molds we love?
>>
>>5284910
Tomahawk's legs are fucking garbage and I hate mine for it.
>>
>>5285044
different anon. could you make a long story long? I could see him having somewhat better arms and wrists as a voyager but what else do you think could/needed to be approved?
>>
File: TOY-RBT-0684.jpg (43 KB, 340x400) Image search: [Google]
TOY-RBT-0684.jpg
43 KB, 340x400
>>5285064
This big pile of crazy. I love his nonconventional design.
>>
>>5285068
i love his legs, it takes a kinda g1 looking bot and adds this nontraditional aspect that sets him apart.
>>
>>5285075
if only his arms were better.
>>
>>5285079
There's a mod to at least give him elbows.
>>
File: 2015-10-25_00019.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-25_00019.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
Titan Wars Leader Nova Prime when?

>>5285032
What did moreprimeland do now?
>>
File: MP Tracks.jpg (71 KB, 640x704) Image search: [Google]
MP Tracks.jpg
71 KB, 640x704
So whats the verdict?
>>
>>5284910

I bought a Tomahawk back when he plus a fan kit seemed to be the best way for a G1/IDWish Whirl. Never got the fan kit. Tomahawk is pretty fun though. I like him on his own. Some bits are a bit odd, but so it goes.
>>
>>5285099
I always wanted to get one and order the Whirl kit but I was so turned off by the 3D printed parts and their grittyness.
>>
>>5285035
Dude you are really bent out of shape over something so trivial. Calm thine tits.
>>
>>5285094
Innocent.
>>
File: PI PI PI GING GING GING.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PI PI PI GING GING GING.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
I miss it boys, I really do.
Hoping that titan wars brings it back in giant format. The idea of a somehow light piped Fort Max just....
>>
>>5285064
Terradive/Space Case rocks my cock off, even if the fucking trident keeps breaking. Also kinda love Salvage/Dropkick, Scout Dead End/Nightbeat, and the lenshead jets
>>
>>5285129
How would a lightpiped Headmaster even work?
>>
>>5285150

The same way any other light piping works. Tinted clear plastic.

A better question is, how many people have modded LEDS into their Transformers to give them actual glowing eyes?
>>
I just got a shipment from BBTS yesterday.

Got MP Tracks and Sideswipe, Q-Transformers Sideswipe and Cliffjumper, Generations Springer, UW Superion, the three Decepticon fembots, an upgrade kit for MP Bee, and the most recent Mafex Spiderman.

Tracks is great. The arms can articulate even with the wings in the way, you just have to get used to using the butterfly joint just beside the shoulder in conjunction with everything else. You can also just reposition the backpack so it's out of the way, it just won't lock in. I don't understand why everyone is so angry about his mono crotch-plate. Sideswipe does the exact same thing and no one seems to care.
>>
>>5285156
How do you afford all of this?
>>
>>5285156

Jesus Christ thats a lot of money. I got Generations Spinger and UW Superion though, fucking awesome stuff.

Just watch out with Springer. The upper panels on his arms that slot in for his car mode on mine are near impossible to get back out once pushed in. I don't know why either, they're really smooth going in and turning, it's just getting them out is fucking hard as shit.
>>
>>5285150
Beyond the entire back and chest of the headmaster itself being piped, I can't see it. Can still dream. Still beyond stoked that Skullcrunch is getting a new figure. Maybe we'll finally get a good Weirdwolf in that same blocky style.

>>5285154
I doubt anything beyond leader class and up would be able to do it, considering you'd need room for the LED and at least a button battery somewhere. Not to mention the wires would need to be put in such a way that they don't interfere with the transformation.
>>
>>5285164
With money. I buy over time and have everything shipped at once to save on shipping costs. I also got some of this stuff when it was on sale.

>>5285165
I've been messing with Springer more than any of the others, those flaps aren't really giving me any trouble coming out. They seem to be just fine on mine.
>>
>>5285173

Then maybe it's just mine, but it literally took me an hour and trying to pry them up with various objects to get them up.
>>
>>5285173
Why didn't you just buy most of that shit from HLJ?
>>
>>5285077
I have no issue with the aesthetics, but those legs just don't work.
The hip joints are floppy as fuck and the knees are horrible, hindered and too close to the hips.
>>
>>5285202
He probably just likes being able to cancel a preorder at any time without bitching and being able to cancel a finished order within a certain time period of purchasing it for store credit.
>>
>>5285099

Was Whirl in G1? I saw him in a store once and I literally went "Who the fuck is this guy?". Is he from the comics?
>>
>>5285211
Whirl was from the Dorvack line, which was before Transformers.
>>
>>5285211
I thought he was on the comics since the G1 Marvel comics and was also repurposed as a toy from Dorvack for the always expanding G1 toyline.
>>
File: DSC_1508.jpg (78 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1508.jpg
78 KB, 1000x663
>>5285211
obscure character that was inserted in transformers much like roadbuster made popular by IDW
>>
>>5285209
You can cancel a preorder at HLJ too, it's AmiAmi that threatens to ban you when you cancel pre-orders.
>>
>>5285211
>>5285215
Whirl was a licensed mold originally made for Dorvack.

US Marvel never touched him because they had plenty of toys to sell but Furman in the UK Marvel comics grabbed him to fill out the extra UK stories.

Then IDW re-introduced him and Roberts made him a spotlight character because muh childhood.
>>
>>5285245
Whirl was greylisted from all media in G1 along with Roadbuster and the Deluxe Insecticons.

Supposedly Marvel UK didn't give a fuck and used them anyway, until they got caught; hence why they all got killed off in Time Wars
>>
>>5285250
I still don't understand why Jetfire got heavily retooled for the cartoon and the Dorvack bros and DLX bugs got graylisted but Takara had no problem with making Sky Lynx, a character based on a Tomy mold Hasbro licensed, into a recurring character.
>>
>>5285064
Somwthing I remember dong his clapping his hands together and folding the flaps out to make a super cannon. Broke the little hook on mine though.
>>5285075
I love his spideryness.
>>
>>5285259
They kind of did, since he doesn't show up in Headmasters after being prominent in S4.

Oh, and Omega was also in the show with only a few minor alterations, when he had a toy by a rival company in Japan.
>>
>>5285075
The threads on mine all broke as they were starting to harden.
>>
File: BW-toy_Powerpinch.jpg (101 KB, 1000x576) Image search: [Google]
BW-toy_Powerpinch.jpg
101 KB, 1000x576
>>5285064
This guy
>>
>>5285064

HIm and Dropkick, superb expanted 07 movie figures.

I still think movie Landmine is my fav from that run.
>>
>>5285285
This guy too. I like to think of him as a Yellow Spotted Lizard from Holes, since he looks more like that than he does an actual Frill-necked Lizard.
>>
File: recon-ironhide-136.jpg (135 KB, 800x943) Image search: [Google]
recon-ironhide-136.jpg
135 KB, 800x943
>>5285064
I love the C-clip joints.
>>
File: Wreckage_movietoy.jpg (93 KB, 746x500) Image search: [Google]
Wreckage_movietoy.jpg
93 KB, 746x500
>>5285064
This guy is the unexpected gem of the first wave from the first movie.
>>
>>5285250

Wait, why were the Insecticon's greylisted? They were in the show and the movie...
>>
>>5285313
Wrong insecticons, he said the deluxe ones. It was some alleged mold rights issue. Someone who knows more about this correct me.
>>
>>5285300
I would've bought him if not for his bad legs.
>>
>>5285301
All the movie 1 and 2 figures that weren't actually in the films were pretty much gems across the board. Was really disappointed in 3 and 4 for not having more guys like this.
>>
>>5285342
Shame about IV too. Pretty obvious how they went to shit.

III had some good gems like Jolt (repainted in IV toyline), Megatron and the remaining human alliance line but overall was disappointing, or at least in tier with how the movie is.
>>
>>5285321
the deluxe insecticon molds were liscenced by hasbro from a different company (takatoku toys? i think) who were a competitor of takara in japan at the time. Takara pressured hasbro not to put them in the show because takatoku had the molds out at thr same time and they did not want to be advertising their competitors product for them. It's the same reason that Jetfire was retooled into Skyfire for the show, the promptly dissapeared never to be seen again as soon as his toy wasn't on shelves anymore (because bandai and harmony gold were pushing Macross and Robotech merch).
>>
>>5285285
I remember owning him as a kid, fun times.
>>
Are there any YouTube reviewers anon goes to go for advice on TF toys?
>>
>>5285437
Benscollectables

The others seem to just fumble about a lot and forget how to transform the toys all the time
>>
>>5285437
I find Bobby Skullface and Peaugh to be the more informative ones, Vange1us and Thew for mere entretainment.
>>
>>5285437

I usually just ask here, reddit (yeah yeah whatever, sometimes people don't respond here), and just check a few youtube videos to form an opinion.

Speaking of, why is Generations Blitzwing so bad, /toy/? I always hear people talking shit about him, but not about why.
>>
File: 1444539826266.gif (719 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1444539826266.gif
719 KB, 500x384
>>5285437
Peaugh if I want to know exactly how the toy works in terms of poseability and am very on the fence.
Vangelus and Thew if I want to be informed by someone actually enjoying the toy and telling me it's fun points rather than hard facts. Honestly I almost always go for the latter unless it's some extremely expensive 3rd party fig, can't stand dry reviews and even less so when the speaker sounds like Optibotimus or Emgo. I mean learn to fucking edit your "UHH, EHM, WELL, UHH" out of your videos.
>>
>>5285437
runescape228 is my nigga.
>>
>>5285470
As a figure he is not bad.

The problem is sometimes the face change gimmick is a problem for some and the shoulders were fucked up in production.

The face on mine has no issue, but the shoulders had the issue of not staying connected in bot mode.

That is very easily fixed in a few ways. Once that is fixed then the figure is pretty awesome.

No you shouldn't have to fix it, but it is easy to do.

The toy isn't bad. It just had manufacturing issue that's easily handled and doesn't ruin the figure.
>>
>>5285437
I like baltmatrix. His reviews are pretty quick, the quality is very nice visually, and he reviews some out of the box knock offs.

His editing can be kind of odd, but otherwise I usually stick to his stuff.
>>
>>5285437
Emgo for when I want to see absolutely everything about a toy. His videos are often kinda cringe-worthy and overly long, but at the same time that means there is not a whole lot that isn't covered. Peaugh also works for this sometimes, but his videos can be oddly filmed and he usually fails to show a figure's full range of movement. Not cringy though.

Other than that, Vangelus is probably the best combination of a competent reviewer and entertainer - I usually trust his verdict on stuff.

Thew is my absolute favorite though. He's not very objective or detailed, but his videos are very sincere and focus on what he finds fun about a toy.
>>
>>5285488
i would have forgiven it is the later releases of this mold fixed the problem, but nope doubledealer has the same shit problem
even takara refused to fix it
it's the biggest evidence of laziness and i refuse to buy it
>>
>>5285490
>liking Baltmatrix

Oh wait you're trolling right?
>>
>>5285508
Okay that's fine and all. I understand your point. It shouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

It's just easily fixed though. Now if that weren't the case and the only fix required having to buy new parts or something then I'd say fuck it, but Thats not the case here.
>>
>>5285512
I honestly don't get people's issues with him. Yeah he fumbles, but so does Peaugh.
>>
>>5285516
He mistransforms toys then blames the toy for it.
He hamhands the toy and then the blames the toy for breakage
He can't even pronounce the name of the toy properly.
He fumbles.

He is really not a good reviewer.
>>
>>5285518
I've watched quite a few of his reviews and have noticed fumbling, but none of that other stuff. I did catch the broken tab he got with devastator though. Haven't seen him break anything else. Even the ko's.
>>
>>5285522
He broke a couple and blamed the toy for it, but him mistransforming stuff is a regular thing and he usually reviews with a bias with the prime example of the CW Devastator. He really hated on that thing to the point that it was not objective at all.
>>
>>5285525
Still haven't seen him break anything besides the tab. I will say I fast forwarded on devastator for the combined mode articulation.

As mentioned in my first post about him I prefer the videos for what he reviews and the clarity and quality visually. Whatever he uses provides a great view.

I usually don't agree with reviewers anyways. I watch/read reviews so I can get a look. I don't care if someone likes the figure or not. If that bothers you then take a second and realize they aren't you and you aren't them. Form your own opinion.
>>
>>5285094
Fabulous.
>>
>>5285437
Vangelus and TJ Omega, but the latter is as much because I used to watch his "TJ TV" show and just sorta went sideways once he stopped making it.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
This dude and Lugnut are my jam. If only Oilslick was saved from the shitty animated style.

>>5285267
Ejector was so great, but it was impossible to avoid scratching his paint. His transformation literally requires you to scrape his face against two painted panels. He looks adequate as a grey toaster, but it's such a shame so much paint had to go to waste.
>>
Doing the Secret Santa and got a Transformers guy so figured I'd ask here, when you guys say KO you mean bootlegs?
>>
>>5285698
Yeah knock offs/bootlegs. You looking for anything in particular?
>>
File: 1302014234_KUP.jpg (248 KB, 1200x626) Image search: [Google]
1302014234_KUP.jpg
248 KB, 1200x626
>>5284910
Kup is excellent. His only flaw is his forearm kibble, but everything else is great, and it's nice to have an Autobot that isn't a sports car. His head sculpt is weak, however. If you can find the appropriate iGear replacement head, do so.

Also, the eHobby exclusive Kup (the one in the middle here), is supposed to be a tribute to his original toy colors, and in person, he is, but no camera seems to be able to capture his colors properly. He always looks extremely blue in pictures.
>>
>>5285698
Yep, ko's are bootlegs/unauthorized copies.

3p's are third party figures that while the character design belongs to another company the figure itself was design by someone outside said company
>>
>>5285698
Yeah, even though they are knock-offs, They can be an almost perfect replica.
>>
>>5285705
I got a list of the stuff he's looking for so I'm good, just making sure that's indeed what it means.
>>
>>5285094
Sexy.
>>
>>5285712
That's the difference between a knock-off and a bootleg. The two terms get used interchangablly alot, but they have different connotations.

A knock-off is a cut-cost mass production thing... the cheap dime store hollow oversize legends and micro-size G1 combiners made of little more than stickers and mold flash.

A bootleg is technically more of a full(unauthorized) reproduction. They are intended to be nearly exact duplicates usually intended to fool people into thinking they could be the real thing. The term was originally used for illegal recordings of concerts, unauthorized dupes of albums and movies, etc.

Technically speaking, the Masterpieces "KO"s are more like bootlegs.
>>
File: Let's say go.jpg (310 KB, 628x907) Image search: [Google]
Let's say go.jpg
310 KB, 628x907
I just got my first masterpiece figure I can't believe how good this is
this is like a childhood dream come true for me
>>
>>5285758
U dun...good

Star saber best saber
>>
So I had someone ask me for Combiner wars figures in my Secret Santa, I know next to nothing about Transformers. Is the Deluxe Class Prowl figure a good stocking stuffer?
>>
>>5285773
If its from the combiner wars line...I think so personally and I own the masterpiece along side it.

That head is well sculpted despite like all combiner wars bodies being heavy re-used.

Chuck dat bot in anon, unless he didn't want prowl I think he'd do just fine
>>
>>5285781
Okay cool, is there any of the combiner bots that are super sought after/liked by everyone that I should aim for? Or should I just stick with Prowl?
>>
File: test.jpg (63 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
63 KB, 500x375
>>5285786
Look for rook, we love that guy here for loveability, super sought after would be pretty much whatever the first ones were I guess...unless we talk the exclusive quickslinger or brake neck.

I'd personally stick with prowl rather than go out of your way unless rook happens to pop out of no where
>>
>>5285793
Thanks again, one last question. He mentioned liking the combaticons, is there anyway to get the individual figures or does that one only come as a set?
>>
>>5285794
The combaticons aren't out yet and the only "set" is still under planning seeing how the japanese sets usually do something special.

You can wait if you wish until they release, just be quick, second they're on shelves buy, though if possible...avoid blast off.

A straight repaint of quick slinger that I posted though I feel he may be all that's left if the popularity of the combaticons is indeed real
>>
File: soundwave-ha.jpg (418 KB, 1000x1076) Image search: [Google]
soundwave-ha.jpg
418 KB, 1000x1076
>>5285064
not really obscure, but this is my favorite movie tf for some reason
>>
File: running blind gogo.png (617 KB, 900x979) Image search: [Google]
running blind gogo.png
617 KB, 900x979
>Cousin grew up G1, gave collection to me when I was toddler
>25+ years later, cousin wants his old Powermaster Prime back, wants to trade me a Trypticon with no accessories
>tfw that Prime has sentimental value from both our childhoods now
I'm going to trade it away, even though I really don't want to, I feel like I owe him for starting me on my love of TFs.
>mfw see how expensive Hi-Q, the head and guns all are on ebay
FUCK
>>
>>5285713

You might want to stick to the real deal. A lot of knockoffs are aimed at the supercollecters who want to drop $100+ per figure.
>>
>>5285773

I think Amazon has CW Prowl on sale now, too. Deluxe class stuff is usually around $17 with tax, IIRC I saw him for around $15.
>>
>>5285786
>>5285794

Sought after CW stuff is currently the Superion limb bots (Silverbolt himself is a shelf warmer though), people are scalping the shit out of those on a lot of sites, for nearly double the MSRP or more. And Brakeneck from the Menasor combiners, because he's an exclusive to some chain in the US, unlike the rest of the fucking world.

Combaticons aren't out yet, maybe in a few weeks or sooner? No one knows when this shit is gonna hit stores.
>>
File: Cokesplosion.png (227 KB, 529x359) Image search: [Google]
Cokesplosion.png
227 KB, 529x359
>>5285920

Just give it to him, man. He gave it to you originally, and it started you on a long path of love of giant robots that turn into stuff shooting each other.
>>
>>5285758
>childhood dream come true.

I'm guessing you're not from North America since we never got Victory.

still cool.

>>5285064

07 Movie Incinerator and Stockade were cool.
>>
>>5285920
Look at it this way anon, it's going to someone you know is gonna treasure it as much as you have.
>>
>>5285960
He has big fists! Those are weapons enough!
>>
File: ^) spin.gif (17 KB, 130x129) Image search: [Google]
^) spin.gif
17 KB, 130x129
>>5285920
Look at it this way, anon: G1 is shit.
>>
>>5285920
Just buy a reissue God Ginrai or if you really want to just buy an extra PMP from TFland for like $50 100% complete and give that extra to your cousin. If he doesn't remember it well enough you can say it's the same thing if you're really attached to that one he gave you.

Also Trypticon is miles better than PMP.
>>
>>5285938

And Brakeneck from the Menasor combiners, because he's an exclusive to some chain in the US, unlike the rest of the fucking world.

Online exclusive.

>and always fucking sold out too.
>>
>>5286006

Thats why I went with the UW set for Menasor. The correct team, and cost about the same. Fucking exclusive shit needs to stop, all it does is encourage scalping shitters.

And hey, Pledge Futureshine question /toy/. I ordered a bottle of the stuff online since everyone seems to recommend it for helping with loose joints. Would it help with the hand/feet CW pegs if I put some on those? My Defensor's pegs seem to be a bit looser than the rest, and it appears to be because the pegs themselves are a bit smaller than they should be. They go in, but not as tightly as my other CW sets. And Rook has a similar problem with his right hand fisthole, it doesn't hold shit half as well as his left hand. Would slapping some on that help, or would it be better to put some on the individual weapon pegs?
>>
>>5285938
>>5286006
>Breakneck

What is sadder that a lot of us missed the sale on Hobby Search for the UW Menasor for only 8k yen when $60~80 is the price for the individual limbs now cause of scalpers and just buying that thing on sale is infinitely more better than one limb from a scalper.
>>
>>5286017
I never bought the other 3 and they are all stupid expensive now. I saw them back during March for $20 per pop with the comic at a convention and I skipped them and saw them again at my local Walmart after that but without the comics and at the same price cause I'm in Canada and I skipped them again.

I don't even have Quickslinger and just realized that I will forever have Alpha Bravo as my other limb unless I find a Quickslinger on ebay for extremely cheap or just buy the UW when it goes on sale.
>>
>>5285094
I wish his knees and elbows weren't so limited, there's almost no reason for it. His robot mode is so streamlined and his ankle joints are some of the best on an MP, he would be able to pull off some fantastic poses, but his major joints can barely manage 90 degrees. Kind of a bummer.
>>
>>5285920
Not really a trade if he's giving you something you don't want. You've had it for 25 years. Keep that 'bot.
>>
>>5286027
Or like I said on this post >>5285975 he should just buy a double and give him that since the guy probably won't remember all the dings and play damage the old one had if he had really not seen it in 25 years.
>>
File: 20151116_135354.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151116_135354.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Boobie spider lady!

And no I'm not going to hot glue her.
>>
>>5286111
Were on /tfg/ anon, were always into ladyboy bots.
>>
>>5286111
Being a male with feminine body shape is the best kind of robot.
>>
>>5284910
Picked up Tomahawk's mold in Springer colors a long time ago, it's cool, but a pretty whatever springer...

I also have the Kup, I love Kup, surly old man goodness. Just watch out for the arm kibble, that's the only thing.
>>
>>5286104
i didnt want this, but seeing as how ive bought rattrap and rhinox, i could use an updated figure of her too in case they keep going with beast wars
>>
>>5286134
Well you're in luck since I think AmiAmi still has some stock of her last time I checked and HLJ already just got sold out a few days after I bought that.
>>
>>5285968
>>5285960
In the Titan comics, Stockade punches and strangles everyone.
He doesn't even need a gun because he can just soak on all your firepower before strangling you with his giant robot arms.
>>
>>5286013
I hate those lazy shits.

>nuh-uh i have a job so i can afford this and sell some for profit unlike you :^) i am doing you a service :^) it helps them move the waves faster :^^^^) it's basic economy, suply and demand :A)))))))))) i collect rarer pieces this is nothing :^)
Nobody that actually has a job can stalk retailers' warehouses at 5am and drive back home with an entire container of Soundwaves on his back.
>>
>>5286197
"sucking dick" is a job, apparently.

Shit, Megan Fox gets movie roles that way and Hideo Kojima gets his games stellar reviews with that method. I think it's also how Darren Wilson dodges prosecution.
>>
>>5286208
First of all, Wilson is muh nig.
Secondly, Kojima is one of the few game developers that actually wants to have fun.
Third. Megan Fox must suck some serious dick to be again on good terms with a crazy asshole like Bay.
>>
>>5286197

As was said a few threads ago, scalpers have under the table deals with warehouse stockers/managers, or toy store/dept. store managers.

They walk out with every last one of what they're going to scalp, and fuck everyone else. Some also own stores of their own just to scalp the figs they get shipped to them as well.
>>
>>5286213
Wilson is a fag who needs to be put on death row because 50 feet away =/= he was trying to take my gun, and white southerners in general are subhuman with low intelligence
Kojima is inferior to Sam Lake and Metal Gear is shit
Michael Bay probably wasn't born with a dick so how could Megan suck it?
>>
>>5286236
Wow, you sound like a total faggot. Bet you don't even like Rook.
>>
>>5285094
Kobayashit.
Bad engineering, bad proportions, too tall, not fun to transform, not fun to fiddle with, misses the MP aesthetics.
>>
>>5285894
>I've got BIG shoulders
>and an itty bitty waist
HA had some of the best figures of the movie look, but they really dropped the ball with Soundwave.
>>
>>5285211
He had a toy but wasn't in the cartoon. Roadbuster recieved the same treatment.
>>
>>5285484
I love his vids so much.
>>
File: teenage girl TFP soundwave.jpg (1 MB, 1414x2000) Image search: [Google]
teenage girl TFP soundwave.jpg
1 MB, 1414x2000
>>5285894
>>5286301

I blame the fact that their was never a good render of his design in the movie.

Most of his scenes we always saw his top half.
>>
How is Transformerland? The prices seem pretty good but god damn is the item reservation system annoying. I see stuff on there that has been "reserved" yet untouched for several months. There should be a limit to the reservations, like a few days or so.
>>
File: Dotm-soundwave-1.jpg (63 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Dotm-soundwave-1.jpg
63 KB, 720x720
>>5286335
They still had the concept art and the 3D models.
HA Johnny Waves is a mystery to me.
>>
Oh boy, looks like Scattershot is in some peoples hands already. I just saw an eBay listing for the ugly fucker that says they have it in-hand.
>>
>>5286265
>uh wow rook nice fucking racism meme /pol/
>>
File: r_ahsoka-tano-085.jpg (184 KB, 600x710) Image search: [Google]
r_ahsoka-tano-085.jpg
184 KB, 600x710
Why did this shit get a Star Wars Transformers figure but not Leia?
>>
>>5286393
Ashoka was an actual fighter.
>>
>>5286395
So was Leia in the OT.
>>
>>5286393
Ahsoka is a way more profitable character. People lost their shit when she was revealed to still be alive in Rebels. Leia never had that kind of momentum.
>>
>>5286402
Shooting tiny pew pews in a dress doesn't make you a fighter
>>
>>5286408
I think that description alone makes her more effective than every droid in the phantom menace, meine familie.
>>
>>5286432
Because the combat droids didn't have Sparks. They are inferior to actual mechanical lifeforms.
>>
>>5286385
>seriously being a boring liberal with shit taste today
iLaff.
>>
I wish I could sit around all day surrounded by data sheets and tell people what threads to post in. Must be nice.
>>
>>5286443
Feels Data man.
>>
File: 1433204349603.png (45 KB, 159x219) Image search: [Google]
1433204349603.png
45 KB, 159x219
>>5286446
>>
File: faggot anime cat.png (170 KB, 244x337) Image search: [Google]
faggot anime cat.png
170 KB, 244x337
>>5286329
>Transformers - Movie Grindcore Review
>but the best looking version in my opinion is Botcon Axalon Rhinox. And if you can afford it, you're clearly rich.
And I love him.
>>
>>5286012
Imo super glue is better for the peg because the amount of tightness needed is a lot more than typical joints, and I've done multiple pledgings and it just isn't enough for me. I do pledge on every thing else though, the toe/thumbs are A LOT more stable with pledge and it gives a lot more ability for poses.
>>
>>5286408
>Shooting tiny pew pews in a dress doesn't make you a fighter

So Han (minus the dress) wasn't a fighter either in the OT by your definition?
>>
>>5286338
I was dreading the day it would be mentioned ITT because they have good prices. They're good, but I'd highly recommend emailing them for a revised shipping estimate instead of just paying for default shipping.
>>
>>5286483
Han could throw punches
>>
Got year of the Horse Optimus Prime, because i found him far cheaper than the regular version. I was apprehensive about the color, but Prime always struck me as sort of a stuffy prude, so inexplicably gold plated Brotimus Prime seems to fit. All he needs now is a chalice andshutter shades.
>>
Are any of the Deluxe Energon Autobots even good?
>>
File: images.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>5286709
Towline is easily the best, also Inferno, still have mine as a stand in for classics Hose.
>>
>>5284910

Tomahawk is awesome. I wish he had been repainted as Whirl instead of what we got.
>>
File: reduced-sdnktppu.jpg (25 KB, 640x578) Image search: [Google]
reduced-sdnktppu.jpg
25 KB, 640x578
I like my battle core prime, but I think he can be better.

What's the best add on kit?

This one seems to be really cool.
>>
>>5285259
Skylynx never got a Japanese release by Takara.
>>
>>5286732
That looks realy good, but I don't think there's any avaliable yet, I'm waiting for the one that turn it into Nova.
>>
So, how difficult would it be to fix BH Shockwave's hips?
I'm pretty confident I can cancel the spinning canon gimmick, but the hips sound more sensible.
>>
>>5286751
Yeah I like the way this one makes it look like repaint Magnus. I love the light blue and white color scheme.
>>
>>5286709
Still fucking pissed the fuck off that they never released Towline at retail in Ratchet/Ironhide colors. The Botcon versions sell for $500+.....

>>5286709
Downshift is incredibly popular as a stand-in for Wheeljack, if you don't like TF Prime and Generations Wheeljack
>>
>>5286761
They are ratchets, just remove the clip that jumps between the ratchet teeth, add a coat or floor polish to increase fricction.
>>
>>5286771
No, no, I have to modify the ratchets so they don't angle like shit, replace them for something else if possible.
>>
>>5286765
Downshift LOOKS good as a wheeljack, but he's a shitty figure.
>>
>>5286771
>>5286774
i just shave down the plastic clip and add super glue, worked like a charm and he poses so much better
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 960x720
>hotspot tries to form defensor alone
>>
>>5286393
3 words: orange butt cheeks

>>5286765
You mean instead of BotCon? They can't release them after BotCon's done it.
I think only the one in the souvenir set is expensive. Isn't one of them in the boxed set? The boxed set figures are worthless.
>>
File: F00iKqJ.jpg (189 KB, 1000x722) Image search: [Google]
F00iKqJ.jpg
189 KB, 1000x722
On sale on BBTS for 59.99. Normally 99.99.

Should I do it? Two great molds and one sub part one.
>>
>>5284910
Generations Kup is pretty good and Trailbreaker is fairly good. Kup has a good size and heft along with a neat transformation but forearm kibble gets in the way. Trailbreaker is smaller and not as neat transformation but poses fairly well.
>>
>>5286787
Not the other guy but I'm interested in this too, is there a guide for it? I googled but didn't come up with anything.
>>
>>5286931
Neither of these are great molds though.
>>
File: huh.png (127 KB, 314x403) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
127 KB, 314x403
>>5286939
>Evasion OP
>not good
>>
>>5286681
>prude
Yeah, that'll be why he's one of the few Transformers in a relationship.
>>
>>5286954
Is that some IDW shit? I don't read comics because I'm not a shitter.
>>
File: tumblr_m6x4r66RRD1rrdq98.jpg (26 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6x4r66RRD1rrdq98.jpg
26 KB, 500x336
>>5286959
Yep, shitty IDW fanfic.
>>
>>5286959
>>5286970
There's been relationships in Transformors since G1 you pussie faggots.
>>
>>5286970
That is his sister. Sibling relationships are usually intimate.
>>
>>5286948
I can see you know how to read.
>>
>>5286976
Technically all cybertronias are brothers, all sons and daughters of primus/or constructed by the quitesons. Still, Orion and Ariel were a couple that later were reconstructed by Alpha Trion, they not "related", that's like saying a medic is you father just for healing you.
>>
>>5286976
His sister... who is also his rebuilt girlfriend? Nah man, they make it pretty clear they're romantically entangled. Hell, that's probably the reason why they added in the bit about her being a rebuilt Ariel, because it eliminates the creepy incest vibe by making Alpha Trion just some guy who rebuilt them and not their actual father figure.
>>
How's the voyager Whirl and Roadbuster figures, /toy/? Hasbro's selling them cheap as shit, just 10 bux each. At that cheap for voyager sized stuff, I'm sort of interested.
>>
>>5287032
Roadbuster's got ton of weapons but not a lot in swivel range. His hands also don't rotate.

Whirl's pretty simple, but he doesn't really meet the quota for IDW fans.
>>
>>5286931
I was gonna mention that earlier this morning, but assumed the whole thread would derail into calling me a BBTS shill.

The only mold I want out of that is Rollbar, just to have all three Hatchback mold guys, but he's sitting at ~$18 on Mandarake recently, so I don't really feel like grabbing the whole box. I don't mind having the Vehecon mold, but I don't really need a second Crankcase, and that version of the Old and Bustded deco Prime is really an eyesore to me.

From a purely monetary standpoint, paying $20 for a Voyager and $15 each for two deluxes isn't a bad deal, especially when they're limited release decos. If at least two of the figures in the set catch your eye, I'd say go for it.
>>
>>5286787
Thanks, mane.
All I needed to decide on that guy was the hope that he wouldn't be condemned to utterly shitty hips.
>>
>>5285090
>Leader Nova Prime

What is people's obsession with giving Leader size toys to characters that are not that big?
>>
>>5287032

They've both got alot of good weapons, Whirl has a plethora of C-clipy goodness and Roadbuster has his Death-fuck combo rifle. At the prices I've seen some of the 3p weapons go for, $10 is almost worth it to loot weapons (and stickers!) from the boxes and drop the figs off at goodwill.
>>
>>5287050
They really, REALLY wanna be out 50 bucks for a chunk of hollow plastic with the engineering of a legends class figure.
>>
>>5287043
add super glue as in tighten the joints, not permanently glue the joint in btw
>>
>>5287050
Because "Leader"
>>
File: dog-suicide.jpg (11 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
dog-suicide.jpg
11 KB, 225x225
>first cw brawl review
>it's optimusbot

>>5287050
Monsters of the week need to be able to take on a whole team.
Also, >>5287057.
>>
>>5287068
He is no fun. Doesn't show off the playing with it.
>>
>>5287068
Nova Prime isn't a monster of the week, nor does he need size to take on a team.
>>
>>5287068
>>5287079
Is CW Brawl really that bad?
>>
>>5287089
dunno.
But optibuttimus is.
>>
>>5287089
I don't know, I don't have him. But I liked Blitzwing so my tastes are pretty shit.
>>
>>5287092

The thing is, Blitzwing IS a good figure. He just has a really rampant QC issue that no one ever fucking fixed. You can fix it, you shouldn't HAVE to fix it, Hasbro should be completely blamed for it, but figure-wise, once it's fixed, he's a great figure. If he didn't have the QC issue, he'd be a great figure.
>>
>>5287089
Paul says it's not great, so I'm immediately inclined to say it's the best figure of the wave just because I don't want to agree with him on any level.
>>
>>5287089
>>5287131

It looks like we're getting Green Brawl first though.

So everyone who was afraid we'd get Brown Brawl should be happy.
>>
>>5287138
He said it's not the green we are getting though. Olive looks closer to the color nobody wants.
>>
>>5287138
Good; I don't want to have to wait until I find the green one to finish Bruticus.
>>
>>5287166
just get unite warriors
>>
>>5287182

UW's going to probably have brown Brawl. Remember, they go for cartoon accuracy. And Brawl wasn't green there.
>>
>>5287189
If that's the case then you could just buy the hasbro version separately, luckily enough
>>
File: 20151117_003124_resized.jpg (394 KB, 1376x1161) Image search: [Google]
20151117_003124_resized.jpg
394 KB, 1376x1161
One you put a proper Decepticon decal on him, I rather like Takara Bombshell. Those terrible TAV stickers are the worst.
>>
>>5287138
I care less about brawl and more about silver-chest bruticus. Anyoneone which one's first?
>>
>>5287218
Silver is first
>>
>>5287218
Judging by the fact that TFS has Green Brawl in their pre-order images and he's coming first, I'd suspect that we'll see the green-chest Onslaught first as he's pictured as well.
>>
>>5287089
>Is CW Brawl really that bad?

Probably not. Since it was designed by Hasui.
>>
>>5287067
So? CHUG Sentinel Prime (aka Astrotrain Remold) is a Voyager. CHUG Optimus Prime is a Voyager. Logically Nova should be a Voyager.

Hell his underling, Galvatron is Voyager.
>>
>>5287245

Someone in the comments keeps claiming he's mistransformed. I can kind of believe it, as it seems fucking terrible if his waist is really just this tiny thing that hangs loose and doesn't tab in or fold securely. Something HAS to be wrong there. It can't be that bad, can it?
>>
>>5287249

I'm surprised no ones made a wings add-on kit for Battle Core Optimus. He looks damn close to Nova already.
>>
>>5287050
Because he could be an easy retool of TW Leader OP
>>
>>5287256
He posted an update. Looks like I'll be shaving some parts off to fix brawl's waist. What a dumb design.
>>
>>5287281

Really? It's not a mistransform or maybe he got a fucked up part? It's really just supposed to hang loose like a floppy dick?
>>
>>5287290
I mean you could just look at the video.
>>
>>5287295

YouTube is cancer. I'll pass.
>>
>>5287295

You know, on the butt panel of the waist is a big circle looking hole. And the tank turret has that peg on it that points sort of towards it. Is it supposed to lock in there, or am I just spewing out insanity and broken dreams?
>>
>>5287260
There is a bunch of kits in the making for that. Nothing beyond a bunch of renders.
>>
>>5287303
I was wondering that too, but I thinks it's just the same hexagonal stand hole that's been on all recent figures. It really looks like trimming off those two ridges would let the whole waist section collapse all the way.
>>
File: AnimatedLugnutAtomic_Map.jpg (115 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
AnimatedLugnutAtomic_Map.jpg
115 KB, 600x600
Is animated lugnut worth picking up? If so I'm leaning towards the atomic version.
>>
>>5287314
He's fucking tiny
>>
>>5287314
He's cool and the transformation's neat. But he's kinda small compared to his show model.

As always, be wary of animated's shitty QC. Mine had a front turret that refuses to stay on.
>>
>>5287310

Why even bother to modify him, if his waist is so floppy like in the vid, you can just stik-tac him or whatever, I guess. It's really shitty is something isn't terribly wrong here, but just sticking some blue goo on his underside so his waist holds firm would be a super easy solution.
>>
>>5287328
That's a pretty stupid idea.
>>
If Takara were to do a MP line of the movie bots I'd be down for it.
>>
>>5287452
>Scatter
They did and they were just extensively detailed REPAINTS of leader class bumblebee (forgot which one) and leader starscream.

Starscream looks amazing since he's in movie one colors but he's still just an overly expensive repaint.
>>
>>5287459
I mean actual ones without the mainline gimmicks.
>>
Is transformerer devastation any good on the 360? I'd imagine the next gen versions are better but I don't like the consoles.
>>
>>5287471
Yeah I don't see that happening.

People are going to want a galvatron out of it, alot of those designs were for looks alone and nothing remotely "possible" in a toy with alot just faking it
>>
>>5287474
It makes little difference and I own the ps4 version.

I haven't heard any big issues between the ps4 and ps3, dunno about da box
>>
>>5287475

> Not wanting a LEGO style Galvatron that disassembles and reassembles from robot to truck.

You are why KreO failed.
>>
File: what.jpg (46 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
46 KB, 704x480
>>5287479
That's not how it works.
>>
File: labels-for-gen-bombshell.jpg (223 KB, 1080x900) Image search: [Google]
labels-for-gen-bombshell.jpg
223 KB, 1080x900
>>5287208
That's why I want Reprolabels to make a sticker that covers up the round sticker indent.

Their existing stickers for Legends Bombshell already covers up that area, but it has some dumb looking graphics on it and itsnt the right color
>>
>>5287314
these guys
>>5287315
>>5287316
have it quite right. He is tiny. If you want a good Lugnut, get the RTS version. He's sublime.
>>
Ouch at Combiner War's Brawl's waist.

That's not good at all.
>>
>>5287587
He was literally the only one of them I pre-ordered, too. Fucking shame that the last actual new limb mold of the line got halfassed so hard.
>>
>>5287587
>>5287602
Think it's a case of Hasbro being lazy and half-assing with Brawl, or do they know something about transforming him that we haven't picked-up on yet?

Also, think Takara will fix this issue? Do we need to contact Hasbro and let them know about Brawl's problem?
>>
File: DSC_2412.jpg (636 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2412.jpg
636 KB, 1000x663
>>5287581
the best
>>
File: Transformers-Micronauts.jpg (146 KB, 679x762) Image search: [Google]
Transformers-Micronauts.jpg
146 KB, 679x762
Will the Micronauts be the "generations pretenders" or just a young kids line like smashers/rescuebots?
>>
>>5287566
Jesus, that looks retarded. So I guess reprolabels is just printing out any random shit to plaster onto figures that don't need it in the first place?

Only Transformers I've bought that truly benefited from additional stickers were MP Wheeljack and Smokescreen, and Ocean Designs makes sets for them that are a million times better, and not printed on shitty, cheap, textured paper.
>>
>>5287658
They will be Micronauts. 3.75" action figures.
>>
>>5287663
>So I guess reprolabels is just printing out any random shit to plaster onto figures that don't need it in the first place?
Pretty much. I was looking forward to their Leader Megatron set a few months ago, but I passed when I found out they crammed a bunch of stupid solid-color block "details" onto the sheet to charge more for it.

They didn't even make the chest swirls clear-backed. Whenever I get around to buying a better printer, I think I'll just get some clear sticker sheets and make my own swirls. Hell, I could probably mass-produce them and make a nice amount for it.
>>
>>5287610
Obviously I've not had a chance to actually handle the figure but I'm guessings maybe there's something to do with moving the combination peg to allow the legs to sit better perhaps? There's got to be a solution that doesn't involve mangling the toy.

Damn shame too. The combaticons were always my favourite combiner team.
>>
>>5287602
Wait for another review.
Optimusbot can't into transformers despite owning thousands.
>>
>>5287696
He did an update video, the upper torso doesn't lock but it doesn't look like a big issue, RTS Jazz had the same issue, I'm more concerned about the loose arms.
>>
>>5286265

>Bet you don't even like Rook.

Don't mind Rook. He's a decent figure and character of his own right. No beef there.

But...as a replacement for who should have been Defensor's limb from the start? That, right there, is where my issue with Rook stems from.
>>
>>5286762

I like that it fixes the proportions of the figure.
>>
>>5287479
Kreo failed because it was a novelty line.
>>
>RiD'15 confimed for kill after 42-45 eps
Maybe toys will be better for the next line.
>>
>>5287658

I'm interested to see where this goes.

>>5287799

I hope the next continuity, they get their heads back into the game and really go all out with it.

it feels weird that for the first time ever Classics/Generations is the mainline and not subline.
>>
>>5287799
The warrior class had more better figures than bad figures.

Problem was that even though they made them simpler and aimed them at children they kept the prices at the CW deluxe level while those have a lot more to them.
>>
>>5287829
But the CW limbs retailed for 18$
>>
>>5285094
>>5285758
I will never be able to unsee the rocket Popsicle arms.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.