[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PEOPLE OF TOY!!!!! LEND ME YOUR AUTISM!!!! so I got pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 20151114_030046.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151114_030046.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>PEOPLE OF TOY!!!!! LEND ME YOUR AUTISM!!!!
so I got pic related at a barnes and noble outside my state and noticed some weird paint spots on his hair
at first glance it looks like the paint chipping away, but it's definitely drawn on there to accentuate the shape of the hair maybe?
the gohans at my local b&n had the same marks on the hair except for the far left one
it's the mark that's most noticable but for some reason doesn't show up that prominently on camera
anyway, should i go back to b&n and pull the old switcheroo?
>>
>>5282201
That could very well be the hair touching the plastic packaging, happens all the time in my wife's Monster High shit. Looks all wonky in the box but you take it out and it was literally nothing and looks fine.
>>
>>5282201
Here's the other one I may switch with
for some reason I can't find it anywhere without those marks
Are the legs on this one a different color than the torso?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-14-01-44-05.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-14-01-44-05.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
>>5282205
Forgot pic
>>
>>5282204
That would make me feel a lot better
I actually liked all the paint work on the first pic better, so it'd save me a lot of spaghetti if I didn't return it

You wouldn't happen to have pics of stuff in and out of packaging to help me believe that would you?
I'm heading to b&n tomorrow afternoon for something else, so I wanna make a decision by then
>>
>>5282201
while we're talking about b&n:
member's got a coupon for an extra 20% off anything which expires after tomorrow i think
i tried to use said coupon on gohan but they said something about outside companies not allowing coupons or w/e
i've never heard of before
he said it wouldn't work on legos there either

IT'S LIKE THEY EXPECT ME TO BUY BOOKS
LIKE THAT'S THE ONLY REASON I GO THERE
>>
>>5282209
No but if you go down the doll aisle at your local TRU or Walmart or whatever you'll likely see it, their faces will smush up against the clear plastic window and make those marks, if you push the window around the "marks" will change shape.
>>
>>5282209
Even if it's not the box thing the hair is molded in the lightest color of yellow so you could just scrape that off with your fingernail if it's paint.
>>
>>5282216
Not a member, but I am signed up to their email list so I get 15% off coupons. They say on them they're not eligible for lego specifically, but nothing about other toys. I've bought Mario figuarts playsets using a coupon just fine.
>>
>>5282241
that's 15%+10% right?
in the 6 months i've been a member, i never got a single email
gonna have to do something about that
>>
>>5282204
This. Gohan and original Gokuu's packaging are a little too tight. I scared me once too. Simply push the plastic window around and you'll be sure.
>>
>>5282271
there's flat a plastic sheet from the box and then a plastic sheet under that which molds to the shape of the figure
so i would need to take it out of the box to do that

>>5282241
you think they would give a retro-active discount with the receipt?
and like give me back store credit at least?
i bought goku the same day and could have saved like $20 with the two 20% mail coupons i tried to use
>>
>>5282299
>i would need to take it out of the box to do that
No you wouldn't. Just push, you'll see.
>>
I promise if you open it, they'll go away. It's exactly what they're saying, it's just the plastic touching his hair. We're not trying to troll you, that's all it is
>>
mine has the same thing, it was brand new. I think it might have been a rerelease thing
>>
>>5282414

They wont go away but you wont see them as easily. If you put it under light those spots are extremely reflective. Some weird paint problem.
>>
yeah like all the other anons said, it's a problem with the packaging.
when I got mine I was pretty pissed about the spots, so I opened him up and wanted to fix him rigt away, but the spots were gone so it's all good
>>
File: 20151114_105406.jpg (1 MB, 1851x2162) Image search: [Google]
20151114_105406.jpg
1 MB, 1851x2162
>>5282209
>>5282229
Decided since i JUST bought a doll with a lil marking from the glasses of a MH doll that i would take a pic and help out.

The red line is drawn by the glasses rubbing the piece - i hope you can see it as easily as i can during the light of day. The lines actually make a shadow on the doll's face - but they are arent on her.

Sorry if the pic is too big or lopsided.
>>
>>5282442
>they won't go away
well fuck
I was getting less nervous till I read this
>>
>>5282689
You will only notice them when under a light if that makes you feel any better. I contacted bluefin about it and they said a lot of the reissues had it but its not bad enough to warrant a replacement.
>>
>>5282442
What? Are you displaying your shit boxed?
>>
>>5282754
No?

The only reason they are showing up like that IN the box is because the paint on those spots are glossy. Outside of the box you only really notice them under light. They arent pressed against the plastic like people are saying. I have this exact figure and the exact problem (only on the SS2 head though)
>>
>>5282764
>They arent pressed against the plastic like people are saying
Except they are. I own three Gohan and they all look like that boxed. Out of the box, the hair are perfect. It really is simply the plastic tray pressing agaisnt it.
>>
>>5282771
You're so fucking wrong dude, don't lie to the guy.

Go put those gohan under light and you will see those spots again.
>>
>>5282797
Oh so you're trolling. Well played.
>>
>>5282864
Fuck off.

OP, do what you want. It isnt a big problem as you can barely tell once it's out. I remember freaking out as well when my package arrived.
>>
>>5282905
>still trying to keep the troll going
>>
>>5282201
The little dots under the eyes are what I have more of a problem with personally
>>
Yeah definitely issues with re-releases, return it and keep looking if it bugs your autism enough
>>
>>5282201
Did you get the chicken-pox version? The hell are those dots below his eyes?
>>
>>5282201
Happens all of the time, so don't sweat it. I was freaked out by this when I first started collecting, but after opening them there were no marks.
>>
File: 20151115_020053.jpg (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151115_020053.jpg
1 MB, 1080x1920
OP here
I opened it and it was fine
but while this can of worms is still open, would you mind a brief analysis of this spot on goku?
i think it's either a small speck of dirt or a ballpoint pen mark
hoping against the latter
but it's not as big of a concern since it's such a small spot and it's way less obvious, and I always preferred gohan (even when the show originally ran)
>>
>>5283628
Christ dude, if you're this anal then I don't think this is the right hobby for you.
>>
>>5283628
>I opened it and it was fine
And so the "durr it's a known issue troll" gets btfo.
>would you mind a brief analysis of this spot on goku?
Can't tell for sure but it does look removable. Probably some random dirt from the factory.
>>
>>5283628
Jesus fucking christ! Just..... don't buy it. Yes, that spot is defective, signs of suspiciously opened. Not mint, so TAINTED TOY! There, no more stress.
>>
>>5283628
It's a shaved pubic hair stubble from a poor factory worker in China.
>>
>>5282299
How to get retroactive discount?
>>
>>5282209
>I actually liked all the paint work on the first pic better, so it'd save me a lot of spaghetti if I didn't return it

Even if you don't return it you don't need to worry about sperging out. As long as you're pilot people don't care. The shit people working retail have to do with, especially around the holidays, is insane.
>>
>>5283665
I'm really anal too. I noticed toy collecting helped me be a little less anal because I tell myself to shut the fuck up and stop being so anal over minor scratches. Painting models/drawing helps the anal retentiveness go away better though.
>>
>>5284165
As long as it's within the the return period you can bring it back with the receipt and the coupon and they basically return and repurchase it. I used to see people do it a lot when I worked there. And yes we got a lot of people complaining about not getting the email coupons despite signing up. And yeah, certain products you can't use coupons on and we cannot discount. Lego are the primary one (some lady from an outside company would come in apply discount stickers and approve sales on them around things like christmas), but it applies to certain other things like some of the collectors merchandise and certain text books as well.
>>
i love when i find out there's other people as anal as me
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.