[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /toy/ opinion about robot toys transforming into
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: tomhanks-big-transformer.jpg (59 KB, 400x344) Image search: [Google]
tomhanks-big-transformer.jpg
59 KB, 400x344
What's /toy/ opinion about robot toys transforming into buildings?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHF_hYi-5vI
>>
File: tomhanks.jpg (69 KB, 425x600) Image search: [Google]
tomhanks.jpg
69 KB, 425x600
>>5271365

I just watched that movie a few nights ago.

it's kind of funny considering how the Transformers fandom loves Metroplex, Trypticon, Scorponok, Fort Max and etc...etc.
>>
File: rocklords.jpg (167 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
rocklords.jpg
167 KB, 400x291
>>5271370
Few building robots are cool but whole series of them would be shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOOyLBpr3PQ
>>
File: biden well ok then.jpg (35 KB, 460x288) Image search: [Google]
biden well ok then.jpg
35 KB, 460x288
>>5271391

well yeah that's true.

I wish i could own those skyscraper robots though.
>>
>>5271365
Door crotch.
>>
>>5271421

So the robopenis may exit for Arcee rape.
>>
>>5271370
difference there is those are like Battle bases and fortresses being transformed into. Basically they are turning into a playset and not just a static building. It is basically two different modes of play in one, either play with one great big massive toy or you can turn it into a playset to play with using a bunch of smaller toys that interact with it.

Turning into just a building, is a different story. could probably work in isolated examples done well, but not a full toyline.
>>
>>5271443
Sounds like a minicon.
>>
File: Rood the Doorforged.jpg (237 KB, 509x599) Image search: [Google]
Rood the Doorforged.jpg
237 KB, 509x599
>>5271421
IF SHE IS THE GATE KEEPER THEN I WILL BE HER KEY MASTER! GET IT!? KEY!?
>>
>>5271365
Has anybody ever figured out where that came from, who made it, etc?
>>
>>5271365
G1 Transformers already did it.
>>
>>5271492
Pretty sure it was just a prop to make fun of Transformers, anon.
>>
>>5271370
Didn't the meeting scene talk about the concept of Beast Wars Transformers and they shut it out, or he said it was lame? I haven't seen this movie in like 15 years
>>
>>5271588
Sort of.

Here have a longer clip of the scene, easier than typing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ERuhks3GNk
>>
>>5271505
It's an extremely well-made prop.

I'm surprised they never tried actually selling it as some kind of ironic merchandising.
>>
>>5271590
Ah thanks
>>
>>5271594
considering how closely tied in with FAO schwartz they were for the movie, I would not be surprised if it was an actual toy prototype made for a proposed toyline that endedd up very similar to the scene in the movie with one person shutting it down completely and everyone else going 'ya know that makes sense'
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.