[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Secret Santa Thread #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /toy/ - Toys

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 1341995205-34597400.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1341995205-34597400.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
Ho ho ho boys and ghouls!

It's the second thread of /toy/ Secret Santa 2015!

The deadline is November 8, at midnight! So there IS still time for you to sign up! All you have to do is send good ol Santa Claus an email!

Email me here: [email protected]

Include:
Your name (a nickname is fine)
Your full address
A wishlist so your Santa knows what to get you

NOTE: anons outside the US who sign up, please type out your address in the format it should be written in on the package, it makes it easier on your Santa. Also, if you live outside the US, be prepared to pay for international shipping.

The price point is a minimum of $30. Going above and beyond is encouraged! Spoil your anon friends! But be prepared to receive a gift worth around $30.

REMEMBER FRIENDS, Christmas is the season of giving! So enter with a mindset of giving a present to someone else, not simply trading one $30 gift for another.
>>
NOTICE!!!

Ben from ME, you emailed me from a yahoo email account, for some reason my emails will not go through to you. I don't know if this is a problem on my end, but I can't include you in the Secret Santa if I don't know my emails won't reach you. Please email me again from another email address and let me know it's you. Thanks!
>>
>>5266576
Man I wish /co/ was doing it a secret santa so I could do two.
>>
File: it__s_butters_by_stardroidjean.jpg (181 KB, 531x531) Image search: [Google]
it__s_butters_by_stardroidjean.jpg
181 KB, 531x531
>>5266591
You could start it!
>>
>>5266594
But doing things is hard
>>
>>5266591
I posted a thread about it earlier today and someone was like "Last time I did a secret santa I got a Judge Judy DVD and strawberry blunt wraps"
>>
>>5266576
About how long after the 8th can we expect to recieve our assigned anons?
>>
>>5266622
Yeah I've got the feeling that a secret santa on /co/ would be way shittier than one here.
>>
>>5266631
Everyone is such a fucking cunt on /co/. Nothing is good enough for them.
>>
I'm already in another secret santa, but I think I'll join this one too.
>>
>>5266678
What other one are you in?
>>
>>5266689
/a/'s

Sign ups for it ended on Oct. 26th. Bit early maybe, but the signups had been open since August. Also I can understand all of their reasons for ending it in October. First year in that secret santa and I went in on one of the triple digit brackets. Should be interesting to see what happens.
>>
>>5266705
Bah! Wish I had known about that. I checked at one point but didn't see anything. That board moves fast so I didn't bother asking.
>>
File: 2am.png (83 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
2am.png
83 KB, 1280x1080
Aight, I'm signed up.

I'm gonna santa the fuck out of somebody this year.
>>
>>5266739
Careful, anon.

I'm the best gifter around.
>>
>>5266733
If you want to try again next year, but don't see a thread up when you happen to check the board, then you should search the archives.

This would show you the sign up template and the email to send it to. Right now the archives are on desustorage, but considering the state of 4chan archives recently, it might not be around next Sep - Oct. If that's the case just lurk for a few hours or so and the new archive will probably be mentioned in a thread at some point.

In any case, I hope yours and all of our experiences in the /toy/ secret santa are wonderful.
>>
>>5266751
>this scrub again
I hope I'm your santa, so I can blow your fucking mind.
>>
File: 1339149597821.png (82 KB, 343x424) Image search: [Google]
1339149597821.png
82 KB, 343x424
I sent my sign up yesterday. About how long until I can expect a confirmation? Otherwise should I just resend my info?
>>
>>5266763

Santa seems to check about once a day, if you're not >>5266582 maybe drop your first name and state or a partial e-mail so Santa can check if he got it
>>
>>5266591
Well, the last few years there have been the wishlist threads where people were gifting each other. I think last year was the 4h year they did so. Wouldn't be surprised if it's done again next month. Might seem a little less personal, I guess.

>>5266641
We try to be less so during those threads. Lot of cool ideas, discussion and art gets thrown around. Plus festive storytimes!
>>
>>5266925

I'm not really a fan of the wishlist thing but the christmas thread was really comfy last year. I'm usually up late at night so it was nice to join in the storytimes. I even did a couple myself
>>
>>5266594
>>5266630
>>5266631

>>5266594
I've prepared one that I'll share in a few hours. I know it can be pretty complicated on /co/, but well I'll give it a try.

Anyway can't wait for this one to begin !
>>
Two more days. Prepare thy anus!
>>
File: 1439469449733.jpg (155 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1439469449733.jpg
155 KB, 1280x853
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
>>
>>5267057
>tfw already accidentally some extra stuff
>>
File: IMG_6273.jpg (463 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6273.jpg
463 KB, 1600x1200
cant wait.
>>
>>5266576
Kyle from CA just seeing if you got my sign up sent it wednesday night
>>
Will we be allowing reserve-santas just in case anyone does actually get let down? I believe they were a thing the last few years, just wondering.
>>
>>5267502
I second this one. If we'd like to be backup santa should we send OP a mail ?
>>
>>5267502

I would love to sign up to do this. On another Secret Santa I'm participating in though we talked about how some people might claim they got grinched in order to get a second gift so the coordinator is asking everyone to send tracking numbers/proof of shipment so we can know who actually got scammed and who didn't.

Might be a good idea to do here too.
>>
>>5267530
Yeah, we'd definitely have to back it up with the proof, but after that, I think reserve-santas would be a great idea.
>>
>>5267538
Yeah I do too.
>>
>>5267530
Yeah showing a pic by mail of the sent gifts would help OP to check who's done the job right and who was a lazy ass. If OP has time for that though.
>>
>>5266576
Can I still have a go if I'm yuuro, or would that be too bad for the US people since they'd have to pay an arm and a leg for shipping?
>>
>>5267543

Anyone can join, you just need to be willing to ship internationally if you're outside the US.

People in the US choose if they're willing to ship internationally or not, so you'd only get matched with someone willing to ship to you anyway.
>>
Im in. Had fun with this like 6 years ago or something.
>>
>>5266935
Yeah, it was a good time sharing. I got to draw some cool things, and with a working tablet I hope to do more this year.

I liked the wishlist idea because I was able to just buy a gift card, add it to my account and buy stuff for people. I'm gonna try and do so again this year.
>>
Just out of curiosity, did the guy coordinating this email people back just to let them know he got your emails? I emailed him Thursday, and haven't heard back. Just wondered if that was normal, if he somehow didn't get mine since I never heard anything back.
>>
>>5268673
He's trying to get to them all. He'll probably post tomorrow. If he hasn't responded by then, re-send it.
>>
>>5268673
I got a confirmation email a few days. Santa did say he's picking at a few a night since he is busy with a bunch of other IRL stuff.
>>
File: Clipboard01.jpg (34 KB, 349x434) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.jpg
34 KB, 349x434
Soon guys.....
>>
>>5268867
the hyper is real
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>5268884
IT'S REEEEAL!!
>>
>>5268673
Yeah I emailed a few days ago and haven't received a response. Hoping so soon!
>>
SANTA WHY DON'T YOU RESPOND
>>
Have some faith, he's been active mostly at night (east coast US)

The deadline isn't for another 13 and a half hours anyway.
>>
Guys, just be patient. He will respond. From what i've gathered, Santa's very busy lately. Family and college and all that fun stuff. Wait it out.
>>
>>5269097
I thought it ends at tomorrow's midnight, midnight of november 8th
>>
It's the 8th in my time zone
Eeeeeeeeeee

Someone's about to get the shit gifted out of them
>>
I have a real fucking hard on for santa boxers.
Hope my santa sends me some pics.
>>
>>5269983

W-what?
>>
>>5266576
Why couldn't it be sectioned to zones to make delivery easier for folk outside of the US? It seems a waste to spend nearly as much on delivery as toys.
>>
>>5270437
Not nearly enough of a population here for that, unfortunately. I'm willing to bet most people in countries other than the US/UK are the ONLY people from those countries participating.
>>
>>5270441
Sad times.
>>
>>5270441
Any other Ausfags here? There's gotta be a couple.
>>
>>5269983
I will take a picture of your toy's head up my ass and send a glossy print with the parcel

Please pick something nice and spiky, it's my fetish
>>
>>5270418
>>5270580
>>5269983
It's the reason for the season.
>>
Twenty two hours, forty six minutes to go!
>>
>>5269043
Of you are ben please look the archive santa send you a message
>>
>>5270575
Dude I'm wishing. For a mexifag so I can sped more I'm his gift an less in his shipping
>>
Did anyone make a note of anything they DONT want?

I imagine most people who signed up aren't picky at all (myself included) but I wonder if anyone mentioned like "i don't have the space for anything over 7" tall" or "i don't have a way to properly display plushes or minis"
>>
>>5271119

...are you getting me a 7"+ toy, anon?
>>
>>5271128

Did you ask for a 7"+ toy?

I guess I wont know what to look for until we get our uh... santa-ees? I just hope when I do pick something out the person receiving it has some use past "oh cool I got a gift"
>>
>>5271175

Slow board so not needed but thanks anyway I guess.

Anyone have plans for any little extras or personal touches to their giftboxes? I can't draw at all so I think I'm just going to go with stickers and origami
>>
>>5271191
I was thinking of throwing some gashapon/keychains in
>>
>>5271191
I'll throw something small in, if I don't be a lazy-ass, and order straight from Amazon or something.

Depends heavily on where do I have to ship and how big the parcel would be.
>>
>>5271104
You're not suppose to take shipping into the cost of the gift. If you can't afford $30 plus shipping then you shouldn't be doing this.
>>
>>5271198
Yeah I'm thinking of just ordering straight from amazon to save time. When we get our match a couple of us should post like the state or area of country so we can be sure we are not getting conned.
>>
>>5271207
>. When we get our match a couple of us should post like the state or area of country

Ok sure, I put my name down as "An Actual Dinosaur" from MA, USA
>>
>>5271215
WA State myself
>>
>>5271215
>tfw had to use PO box variant for reasons
>had to use my real name for it

Oh well, it doesn't really matter if one Anon knows my name
>>
>>5271246
Giving out my name doesn't really bother me I just think it's amusing to have someone mailing a package addressed to an actual dinosaur and another anon receiving a package from an actual dinosaur
>>
I wonder where Santa is, it's almost 4am here.
>>
>>5271252
6:45 east coast US, santa is probably sleeping

he did say it could take a couple days after the deadline to sort and match people too
>>
>>5271246
>PO box as well, need photo id to collect package, had to give real name
>obviously female name

Don't send me used condoms or sex toys guys ;-;
>>
>>5271453
So, basically, what you're saying is...Send you ALL of the dragon dildos?
>>
>tfw no other Anons in [toyspoiler]Finland[/toyspoiler] most likely

Oh well, at least shipping inside EU is somewhat cheap
>>
>>5271453
Honestly though I'm a female too and this was the one 4chan SS I actually felt comfortable enough to participate in. Everyone seems like real people and genuinely want to participate in this and not just screw with people so I didn't have a problem giving my name.

(Could end up being extremely wrong about this though. Who knows)
>>
Once we get the assignments, should we do the same as /a/ and post initials and locations here to keep Anons up to date with their stuff? Santa what do you think?
>>
>>5271523
Not Santa but I highly agree, and it would be nice to know if your match has anything they want to change
>>
>>5271523
That's entirely optional, even in the /a/ threads most participants don't post initials.

Also was the deadline midnight of the 7th going into the 8th, or tonight?
>>
>>5271530
Tonight I believe. Are you guys ready? Are you lubed up and rarin' to go?
>>
>>5271581
Kinda. Sorta.

There's still a month or so until the Postal Service deadline for Christmas stuff. But I won't be shipping anything that would arrive before December
>>
I hope my santa doesn't just ship directly from Amazon.
>>
And I just realized I forgot to list couple of things on the email. Oh well. There was plenty of info on it already, and there's always next year
>>
>>5271617
pretty sure you still have time to add things.
>>
>>5271617
the only thing I forgot to say is that what I wrote was not absolutes, more things I would like but I am totes willing to accept other goodies
>>
>>5271206
No you get me wrong I'm plan to spend at least 70 dollars with shiping but of I get someone local I get to spend more in the gift and less in the shipping
>>
I wish I could afford this. Was fun shopping for someone last year.
>>
File: 1435102383652.jpg (25 KB, 437x471) Image search: [Google]
1435102383652.jpg
25 KB, 437x471
Emailed, hope I get in and can't wait!
This is going to be so fun!
>>
>>5271191
I'm going to stick a drawing/handmade card/ hopefully a muffler or something (maybe a small amigurumi plush?) in too.
>>
I hope who I'm matched up with has completely different tastes than me so I can take my time and learn about one of you fuck's interests and give you the best damn Christmas gifts
>>
>>5271734

Fuck you, I'm going to give MY recipient the best damn Christmas gifts, and you can't stop me!
>>
God I can't wait for the emails so I can start window-shopping and price checking.

I fucking love going through stores to see stuff I never have money for, but this time it's different.
>>
>>5271747
I just hope my Anon is into some things I have some knowledge of.

I have no idea what's a good price for majority of toys
>>
>>5271238
Where in WA? From there originally.
>>
>>5271453
>>5271503

I was planning on probably adding some cutesy stuff like stickers and candy regardless of who I was gifting
>>
Santa I'm waiting
>>
Has anyone got a confirmation email from santa in the past few days?

I sent mine yesterday and haven't heard anything back.
>>
>>5272033

I'm guessing he just hasn't had time, or is waiting until the deadline expires before we hear back.

I emailed him Thursday, and posted a couple times earlier in the thread, and it seems like people haven't heard back for 4-5 or more days.

People said earlier to be patient, but it isn't so much about a patience issue more than I just wanted to make sure he actually got the email before the deadline.
>>
>>5271598
Exactly what I'm gonna do
Kinda can't do with anything else at the moment.
>>
>>5271598
Yeah that'd be a bummer
>>
>>5272142
Amazon has a pretty swell gift wrap option.
>>
>>5272121
It'd still be appreciated but it's just not as fun.
>>
>>5271751
Right above Portland, OR.
>>
>>5272348
No shit? I'm from Vancouver
>>
>>5272357
Small world
>>
File: chen sweat.jpg (80 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
chen sweat.jpg
80 KB, 720x800
Deadline in is less than 4 hours
>>
I was gonna put a /toy/ loven' girlfriend on the list but I figured I should keep it to the realm of possibility lol
>>
Kinda wanna change my wish list to be more vague
But fuck it, santa has enough on his plate as is.
We've gotta be like, sixty strong by now.
>>
>>5272439

How specific is yours? I made mine pretty broad but added a few more specific easily found online things in case my santa has a hard time they can just get those.
>>
>>5272449
Never a specific figure, but rather specific lines of specific brands.
I mean, most of the lines are pretty broad, but still.
Probably would've been better if I told them about some anime/movies/games I'm really into.
>>
So santa bailed huh?
>>
>>5272474
Be patient, friendo.
>>
>>5272482

It has been a few days
>>
>>5272474
It's not even midnight. Don't even expect him to post tonight. He'll be on tomorrow.
>>
>>5272492
Sure has.
The cutoff date isn't until midnight, and even then it'll take him a bit to get everyone paired.
He has time to spare, yo.
>>
File: grrs.png (428 KB, 869x720) Image search: [Google]
grrs.png
428 KB, 869x720
>>5272501
It'd just be nice if he checked in or something, there's people who've been waiting days for a confirmation when before it was same day at most.
>>
I emailed him Thursday and haven't gotten a response.
>>
Two more hours...
>>
>>5272503
>>5272504
Everything will be fine.
>>
40 minutes
>>
>>5272474
This.

I understand he's busy but it's been days since we've heard from him and I thought especially tonight he would say something since it's the last day. With something like this, it would be appreciated to take a minute out of your day to just type an update out.
>>
I'm back everyone!

Sorry for my absence for the past couple of days, I had to travel for my best friend's wedding and just returned home. I'm excited to read and respond to everyone's emails and questions as the final minutes till the deadline tick away!
>>
>>5272716
You had people shitting their pants here
>>
File: prb.png (202 KB, 365x363) Image search: [Google]
prb.png
202 KB, 365x363
>>5272716
i assumed you died
>>
>>5267502
>>5267522
>>5267530
A couple of people have emailed me about being backup Santas. If you're interested shoot me an email, but I can't promise at this time that we'll follow through with it.

>>5270437
>>5270441
As far as international shipping goes, I try my best to pair up people who are in the same country or are geographically close, but there aren't a ton of non-US members so no promise.

>>5271523
I think updates are fun! It keeps the threads active and helps with the hype! I'm also looking forward to people posting pictures of their gifts once they get them.

>>5272474
Not a chance! I'm sorry for making everyone worry though.
>>
>>5272741

I look forward to getting my match, I picked up some "stocking stuffers" (smaller/cheaper toys/candy/etc) tonight in anticipation to add to my gift
>>
Aaaaand closed. Aw man, I can't wait to get my match. i'm going to spoil them rotten~!
>>
Im a welder, im gonna include a "/toy/" cut in a piece of metal to my precious.
>>
>>5272779
That's cool as fuck
>>
>>5272779
I'm sure I'll be jelly when someone else posts they got that in the mail
>>
>>5272779
I'm jealous of whoever gets that.
>>
>>5272779
I would happily hang it and display it. Sounds cool, and yeah I'm the kind of weirdo that doesn't mind getting something someone created.
>>
Hyyyype. I can't wait to get my assigned Anon. I get paid friday, and besides a pre-order, and bills i gotta take care of, I should be able to start shopping this weekend. I just hope I'm familiar with their interests.
>>
>>5272775
Whoa. I am going to spoil the shit out of mine twice as much as you!
>>
So what are the rules for opening presents? Do we have to wait until the 25th?
>>
>>5272775
>>5272829
Yeah? Well I'm going to give mine stickers
>>
>>5272836
You're an adult. You decide.
>>
>>5272796
I actually almost prefer to get handmade stuff. It's just something that actually has some thought put into it.
>>
>>5272838
That answer man, that answer...
>>
Be sure that if you wrap your anon's gift, that you can recognize it. I plan on posting a pic of the box whe it arrives.
>>
>>5272845
I forgot that I get to get wrapping paper! Maybe I'll go Lego themed
>>
Ok everyone I have finished the emails and registration is complete!
We have 85 people signed up from 12 different countries!
I'm super happy with the turn out and expect this to be a great year!

Unfortunately, the large number of entrants makes my work a little more difficult, so please give me a few days to pair everyone up and send out assignments. I will be sending a few out each day, so please be patient and don't freak out if other anons post about receiving an email and you haven't got one.

Lastly, I had an anon email me about signing up. His finances are pretty tight, so he won't be able to send a store-bought present, but he is a VERY talented artist (he sent me some of his work to check out) and would be willing to do a custom piece for you instead of a toy. I'm not sure if it would be a digital copy or a physical print, I'll communicate with him to figure that out, but if that is something that would interest you, please send me an email!
>>
>>5266751
Don't you mean grifter.
>>
>>5272923
Thanks for putting a <3 in my email Santa. Cheered me up.
>>
>>5272953
<3
>>
>>5272923
Hey emailed you about an idea of how to get things sorted easier for everyone and yourself. please let me know if you think it would be a good idea.
>>
>>5272923
>12 different countries!
Any chance you could let us know, or will it be a mystery?
>>
>>5272836
I'm gonna break the rules either way and open it on 24th, because that's the tradition here.

Not to mention I probably won't have time on 25th, it's my mom's birthday.
>>
>>5272989
Same here, we're sharing gifts on 24th evening, mind to tell where you're from anon ?

Also this >>5272987
>>
>>5272994
Do I have to?

Finland
>>
>just bought wrapping paper and such

It's fucking happening
>>
File: arel fine.png (26 KB, 580x282) Image search: [Google]
arel fine.png
26 KB, 580x282
>>5273199
>just realized I always mess up wrapping

I'm a terrible adult
>>
>>5273307
Get in the line. Unless it's a square box, I fuck it up one way or another.

And don't even get me started on ribbons. God I hate those little fuckers.

Also Santa. How do plan on assigning people? Is A to B to C or A sends to B and B sends to A?
>>
>>5273319
>>5273307
You guys can always pay someone else to warp it
>>
>>5273344
Nah fuck that
I'm shit at wrapping and my anon has to deal with that.
>>
>>5272953
Glad to spread that holiday cheer anon

>>5272960
Emailed

>>5272987
We've had people from the US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Australia, Singapore, UK, France, Saint-Pierre, New Zealand, Finland, and Chile.

>>5272836
>>5272989
You can open your presents whenever you want! Some people open them when they get them, some wait till Christmas. Either way, try your best to take a picture of your gift and post it here!

>>5273319
A -> B -> C, there will be no direct pairings.
>>
>>5266762
Are you sending me a gun?
>>
>>5273388
>all those countries

Darn. I was planning on including a bottle of beer for my Anon. Now I have to check restrictions on what you can't send
>>
>>5273388
Jut Santa. Do YOU get anything for your efforts?
>>
>>5273425
Yah. Who's going to OP's secret santa?
>>
>>5273394
I actually requested beer/liquor from my Santa's Local brewery/distillery.
>>
>>5273484

Are you allowed to just mail beer?
>>
>>5273520
Inside EU shouldn't be an issue. I think.

Not sure about international laws
>>
>>5271453
>>5271503
I am a girl with an obviously female name. Every year I have done this it was wonderful. Last year my giftee figured out who I was from my gift list and went crazy getting stuff he knew I liked for my box.

4chan has a rep but toy is generally wonderful when it comes to this stuff.
>>
>>5273425
I am including myself as a participant, so someone will receive me as an assignment, but they won't know it's me.
>>
I hope my santa doesn't include anything inappropriate. I'm going to try and do a video, just straight unboxing everything so next year when people say "oh how did last year go?" you can just point to the video and there you go.
>>
>>5273912
Thats a good idea! I think I'll do that too.
>>
>>5273912
I'll try and make a little video too.
>>
>>5273912

I'll probably just do pictures
>>
Lol fuck, totally missed the deadline. I DECLARE WAR ON CHRISTMAS!!!
>>
I think we should be able to exchange emails with our giftees that way we can keep them up to date on shipping, etc.
>>
>>5274253

Pretty sure we're supposed to give the shipping info/tracking number to Santa, and he can pass that info along to the recipient in that case. I suppose that's up to him, how that all works out.
>>
>>5273912
I don't think anyone here would do that.
>>
>>5274253
>>5274261
Last year it was a case of contacting santa and just asking him to pass the information along or if there was a questions let him ask. "Hey can you narrow this down", or "Can you ask them what ones of this they have" and then yeah once you get tracking and such let santa have it and he can pass it along.
>>
>>5273912
I'm hoping that everyone will post pictures of their gifts, and then some anon will edit them all together into a big collage for a Christmas card/proof for next year.

>>5274253
I'm kind of big on minimizing the amount of info being shared. I at least still care a lot about anonymity on 4chan. So any questions someone has for their giftee may be relayed through me. This slow process was one of the motivating factors in giving more time for shopping.
>>
>>5274380
Yeah my address and name are already more info than I'm really comfortable giving out, so i hope my santa asks you to ask me if he has questions.
>>
>>5274380
Alright sounds good, I'll let you know in email that you can pass mine on if my recipient wants it
>>
Really hope we get partnered soon, the wait is driving me nuts.
>>
>>5274425
I know the feel anon, but patience is a virtue
>>
Once we get our assignments, how many of you would feel comfortable if we just gave you little updates on your gifts by using your initials? Or would you prefer to not have that revealed?

I'm participating in another secret santa and I think it's fun to get little messages from your santa while you wait.
>>
>>5274479
I am totes open to it, and I told Santa he can send my email on if my recipient/giver wants it
>>
>>5274479

Last year there was no problem in saying something like "Hey Jon in WA, I'm going to be a few days late getting your package together" or "Al in FL, your presents are in the mail".
>>
>>5274479
Let's keep it to just a shipping update. The fun of secret Santa is the secret part, and the luck of the draw.
>>
>>5274483
>>5274494

Alright thanks guys. Someone in the other Secret Santa said that status updates ruin the surprise but I disagree.
>>
>>5274519
you don't get everything you ask for, greedy fuck
>>
>>5274519
Buy the shit you don't get yourself anon.

Don't expect your secret santa to buy everything you put on your list.
>>
>>5274519

Is it really that difficult to figure out?

If people ask for multiple things, they're probably just giving their potential buyer a number of different options or ideas. Not that they really expect all of those things.

You just buy one or two of those things (or however many you want) with the only requirement being that you spend at least $30. That $30 might only cover one or two things, so it is up to you to decide if you want to pick out one or two things (or more) from their list, as well as if you want to go over the $30 limit.
>>
>>5274533
Comment deleted lmao
>>
>>5274533
personally I listed 3 things in the $10-$18 range and then a list of my general likes, that way hopefully I can get more than one item
>>
>>5274585

That's pretty much what I did, couple specific things then a particular character I like but don't have any toys of and then just broad themes I like.

I figured that way my Santa has the most options
>>
>>5271453
So... do we send new condom?
>>
>>5274834
ribbed for her pleasure
>>
>>5274834
>>5274837

You guys are being rude
>>
>>5274855
the moment wayne's world is rude is the moment I know this world is beyond hope
>>
>>5274861
It's a little rude
>>
>>5274855

They aint being rude its just a lewd joke anon don't be a prude you ruining the mood.
>>
>>5274873
pshaw, millennials
>>
>>5274878
dude...
>>
File: 1446961289441.png (88 KB, 488x773) Image search: [Google]
1446961289441.png
88 KB, 488x773
>>5274878
>>
>>5274936

Dude? You asking for a feud?
>>
How about we just drop it instead of giving that person exactly what they want? They won't leave if you don't ignore them.

Everyone actually participating in this thread knows it was rude and disagrees with what thwy are doing. We will have to be happy with that.
>>
>>5274975
Ay chill I wasn't even the one who said the initial comment I was just dropping some fire rhymes my bad family.
>>
>>5274834
>>5274837
Kek. I'll use it with my toy husbando.
>>
>>5275003

A toy of your husbando or is your husbando a toy?
>>
>>5275070
or a husbando that is into toys
>>
>>5275080

A toy husbando that toys with toys.
>>
>>5275084
TOYHUSBANDOCEPTION!!!
>>
So has anyone gotten email from Santa yet?
>>
>>5275370
Not yet >_< patiently waiting
>>
Waiting for the year "Santa" give everyone his address.
>>
>>5275370
nah. still waiting. he does have a lot so i guess it will take a while.
>>
>>5275403
This is why I am a proponent of at least posting what state/country you are in
>>
File: i messed up.jpg (61 KB, 666x632) Image search: [Google]
i messed up.jpg
61 KB, 666x632
>go out to but my favorite candy to put in the package as opposed to just assorted candy
>now have a bag of my favorite candy just sitting on my desk for another week or two
>>
>>5275940
The struggle is real.
>>
Guys...You need to calm down and be patient. I'm sure all of this senseless badgering won't get you anywhere. There are over 80 of us doing Secret Santa - the whole sorting will take a while. On top of his apparently already busy schedule.
>>
>>5276414
No one is even badgering or pestering santa though?

It's general excitement and anticipation chatter among the anons. Nowhere did anyone say "Santa hurry the fuck up please" or even address him in anyway.
>>
I was thinking that once we get assignments, we should post some local customs info here. Nothing sucks more than getting parcel stuck there.

Maybe the tariff limits and what's restricted and banned, for example?
>>
Anyone shipping between U.S. and Canada should use their countries postal system.
UPS and Fed Ex get to the border and just kind of shit the bed.
>>
>>5276978
Yea, that sounds hepful.

>>5277022
UPS and Fedex are both terrible and overpriced. I live in Alaska and only use USPS because they are required by the governmwnt to have the same pricing as they would in the lower 48 and keep the same timeframe.
>>
Has Santa sent anyone their email yet?
>>
>>5277808

No but we have over a month anyway
>>
Better not be sending us all pictures of your dick, santa baby.
>>
File: GOODS-00059228.jpg (10 KB, 346x347) Image search: [Google]
GOODS-00059228.jpg
10 KB, 346x347
>>5277808
I'll report in here soon as I get a message!
Whoo can't wait to start crafting and shopping.
>>
>>5278293

Same, though I'm not too good at crafts
>>
My only complaint about this is that my list might have been TOO broad so now I don't want to buy anything until i get my gift for fear of buying something that my santa already bought me.
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 342x342
This set is fun...
>>
>>5278339
pick up some of your more esoteric interests then
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (51 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
51 KB, 1920x1080
>>5278536
This is what I'm doing, or rather I'm focusing on non-toy related things like /vr/
>>
>>5278334
If you put your heart into it I'm sure it would be great. It's the thought after all!

>>5278339
I listed things I'm into.
Like shows comics themes. I actually didn't state what lines I collect or what things I "need" specifically. Hopefully if my santa has questions they'll ask!
>>
>>5278339
... I didn't make a list I just asked for random things in certain scale for the line I collect I just like surprises a little to much
>>
Hey everyone! When I get back from class today I'll be sending out the first assignment emails! Not everyone will get one today, so be patient, you'll get yours eventually.

GET HYPE
>>
>>5278827
I only listed some series and characters I like because I have jack shit from those.

And my Lego wanted list from database, because I was too lazy to pick and choose. It's not like I expect everything I listed, some of those sets are worth $500 nowadays
>>
>>5278830
Santa I fucking love you
>>
>>5278834
This is what I did but with an amazon list. I have one that I use to keep track of stuff and just plopped that in there with a note about how they don't even have to stick with it its just to generate ideas. Plus added a lit of other interests.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37 KB, 496x369) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37 KB, 496x369
>>5278830
>>
File: All aboard the hype train.gif (967 KB, 500x530) Image search: [Google]
All aboard the hype train.gif
967 KB, 500x530
>>5278830
>>
File: 1433378391081.png (125 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1433378391081.png
125 KB, 500x500
>>5278830
>>
>>5278830
Part of me kinda hopes that I'll get mine before Sunday.

Because I'm totally selfish cunt, and a supermarket here is having -15% on all toys until Sunday. But I doubt they actually have what Anon wants.
>>
File: 1445665780369.gif (874 KB, 273x415) Image search: [Google]
1445665780369.gif
874 KB, 273x415
>>5278830
Good luck in class on on coming finals Santa!
>>
>>5278830
>obligatory hype skelly
>>
The Christmas everyone's dicks got big.
>>
>>5279606

Even the women, it was super weird!
>>
>>5279719
Or super awesome.
>>
>>5279719
This is 4chan, that's not that weird.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>5280011
Calm down
>>
>>5280011
contain the calamity that is your mammaries.
>>
I hope I get someone who wants weeb shit, I don't know shit about Transformers, Star Wars or anything Western
>>
>>5280139

Me neither. I'm worried.
>>
>>5280011
nothing yet; if his schedule is anything like mine at school, it'll be a while before he's even home
>>
After a long break, I'm about to Santa someone realllllll good.
>>
WELL SANTA WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU
>>
>>5280239

There's 42 days until Christmas homie
>>
>>5280248
SHUT UP FAGGOT I WANT TO KNOW WHO I'M SENDING A TOY TO
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.